2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Competition
Darkwing
post Mar 3 2005, 02:01 PM
Post #1

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Hi everyone. I mentioned a while back that we would be running various competitions (prizes are to be decided) and before i get everything started i need to know how many people are willing to enter.

So just sign your name below and try not to fly off topic. Let your friends know about this aswell.

The competition will start when we have a minimum of 10 people.

Have a good day!

DW
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
General Edor Crespin
post Mar 3 2005, 02:45 PM
Post #2

Retainer

An art competition?

--------------------
--In Memory of H. Beam Piper
November 9, 1964
IN THE WAKE OF [b]FEDERATION!
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Mar 3 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #3

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Indeed smile.gif
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Mar 3 2005, 10:40 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

question, what in the wourld would the prizes be??? $10,000 cyber bucks for the waiting4oblivion online giftshop??

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
oh no melon
post Mar 4 2005, 03:33 AM
Post #5

Unregistered

sign me up. i have nothing better to do. hahoo... do i get bonus judge points for being first to sign up?

anyway, here's some of my art, just to explain that i will treat you dudes better than doodles (not that i don't love and appreciate doodles o_O)
http://sensail337.deviantart.com/gallery

so what are the rules? traditional only? digital only? 3d? any are fine with me.
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Mar 4 2005, 10:25 AM
Post #6

Master Gimp
Group Icon

The rules are highly flexible. You can use any medium provided it is within the guidelines of the competitions. Each competition will differ based on the category. I'm currently working on the overall setup of the competitions themselves.
+Quote Post
Archeopterix
post Mar 6 2005, 03:38 AM
Post #7

Retainer

Hmmm how will it be categorized? I mean how can you compare a concept pencil sketch to a 3D mesh for example?

And does it have to be TES related?

--------------------
tweet ROAR tweet ROAR
+Quote Post
Ambberfox
post Mar 8 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

ok, I wanna take part! biggrin.gif I have two weeks of holidays beginning this friday and I'm eager to draw something TES-related again!
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Mar 8 2005, 06:21 PM
Post #9

Senor Snore
Group Icon

Great timing on Darkwing's part, now he's on vacation for the rest of the week wink.gif

[quote=Archeopterix]
Hmmm how will it be categorized? I mean how can you compare a concept pencil sketch to a 3D mesh for example?

And does it have to be TES related?
[/quote]

As I understood it, there will be specific subjects to each competition, like "draw a horsie" or "render a dremora", and I think that implies a specific way of doing this, but I might be wrong. I'm sure there'll be the right competition for everybody though, and Darkwing will take care of it as soonn as he's back smile.gif

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
trollo
post Mar 9 2005, 11:35 PM
Post #10

Associate

sign me up, and I think you should post this in official forums too.

--------------------
I want to kill emperor and claim his throne as mine, and then destroy the empire and free Morrowind.
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Mar 10 2005, 09:26 AM
Post #11

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=trollo]sign me up, and I think you should post this in official forums too.[/quote]I could post it in my forum if anyone wanted me to.

--------------------
"Make a fire for a man and he's warm for a short time. Burn a man and he's warm for the rest of his life" Terry Pratchett
+Quote Post
trollo
post Mar 10 2005, 09:29 AM
Post #12

Associate

[quote=Oozae][quote=trollo]sign me up, and I think you should post this in official forums too.[/quote]I could post it in my forum if anyone wanted me to.[/quote]
well they need atleast 10 people and this would be helpfull. what is the link to your forums?

--------------------
I want to kill emperor and claim his throne as mine, and then destroy the empire and free Morrowind.
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Mar 10 2005, 09:36 AM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=trollo][quote=Oozae][quote=trollo]sign me up, and I think you should post this in official forums too.[/quote]I could post it in my forum if anyone wanted me to.[/quote]
well they need atleast 10 people and this would be helpfull. what is the link to your forums?[/quote]www.gamebanshee.com/forums/index.php?

--------------------
"Make a fire for a man and he's warm for a short time. Burn a man and he's warm for the rest of his life" Terry Pratchett
+Quote Post
trollo
post Mar 11 2005, 11:56 PM
Post #14

Associate

[quote=Oozae][quote=trollo][quote=Oozae][quote=trollo]sign me up, and I think you should post this in official forums too.[/quote]I could post it in my forum if anyone wanted me to.[/quote]
well they need atleast 10 people and this would be helpfull. what is the link to your forums?[/quote]www.gamebanshee.com/forums/index.php?[/quote]
cool forums PLZ post there

--------------------
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Mar 12 2005, 01:57 AM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=trollo][quote=Oozae][quote=trollo][quote=Oozae][quote=trollo]sign me up, and I think you should post this in official forums too.[/quote]I could post it in my forum if anyone wanted me to.[/quote]
well they need atleast 10 people and this would be helpfull. what is the link to your forums?[/quote]www.gamebanshee.com/forums/index.php?[/quote]
cool forums PLZ post there[/quote]Who is PLZ?

--------------------
+Quote Post
davion
post Mar 12 2005, 03:59 AM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

lol ooze he means please

--------------------
The lazy man can, what the lazy man plans.
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Mar 12 2005, 04:41 AM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=davion]lol ooze he means please[/quote]Oh, I see. Well I do post there, I have the same username, avatar and signature as here, not location though biggrin.gif Or did he mean about the competition, I'm not that sure, I think I shall pm Sinder or someone.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Anghardel
post Mar 14 2005, 04:10 PM
Post #18

Retainer

PLZ means "please", I believe. It's internet shorthand smile.gif.

You know what? I can't do 3D modeling, and I doubt textures will matter, but since I know a thing or two about pencil sketches, sign me right on up. I'll try my best to compete wherever I can--hopefully I'll feel better soon; if not then heck, I'll just sketch the days away.

So: Stephen.

There we go, I signed up smile.gif

Ang

--------------------
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen, philosophers, and divines."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
+Quote Post
Darkwing
post Mar 14 2005, 04:14 PM
Post #19

Master Gimp
Group Icon

Right, well i'm back and i didn't break anything. Bonus.

To sum up, the competition will be categorized by me and then ultimately voted on by the forum-goers. They can be in any medium you like, feel free to experiment.

I'm currently juggling about 15 things at once right now but i'll come to a decision as to how this is all to work. Any preferences just shout out. I'll take everything into consideration.
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Mar 15 2005, 09:28 AM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

Posted at GameBanshee today, hopefully we shall get some more volunteers.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:22 AM