3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vengeance, I'm trying my hand at this thing
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 14 2006, 02:24 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Well yeah, I got bored one day and started writing this up... I think i'm going pretty strong. My only downfall is I can't type so, if you like it there might be some delaye in the later updates, have fun.

Oh and this is fairly short... I don't havbe the patience to sit and type three paragraphs like Trey does biggrin.gif (that is a weird compliment to you guys who type that much)

INTRODUCTION

Ty awoke to a low thundering noise and looked out his window to see dirt and dust billowing up on the horizon. Ty rubbed his eyes to look again and his mother burst into the room looking around frantically. Ty glanced out the window to see dark figures on the horizon take shape.

“Hey mommy what’s-”

“Hurry dear, come here.”

His mom pulled Ty through the house and Ty was starting to get scared. “Mommy, were is dadda? I’m scared.” Ty started crying and his mom picked him up. “Its okay, daddy’s with all the other men and they are going to protect us.”

“The peoples in black?”

“Yes, so we are going to be really quiet and hide.” Ty started to stop crying and nodded.

Ty’s mom took him to the basement wee they hid under a blanket waiting, just sitting there waiting. Waiting for Ty’s dad to call down the stairs. Ty laid there in his mother’s lap for what seemed like an eternity. Eventually he heard the door open, but something didn’t feel right. The sounds were rough and the smell was horrible. Ty peeked out of a hole in the rugged blanket and saw a group of men looking around.

Ty gasped and one of the men turned his head in Ty’s direction. The man moved closer and Ty grabbed his mother, who was trying to comfort him. The man’s hand seemed to hover over the blanket and the blanket was wrenched off and the man grunted, a signal to his comrades. Ty looked from his mom to the man and his mom was shaking her head and the men were smiling.

One of the men tore Ty away while the other two held her back. The one man looked over Ty and the only thing he said was “not worth it” and he threw Ty across the room. Ty hit his head on the wall and started to lose consciousness. He heard his mom scream and the men laugh. “No! Get off! Get off!” But the only answer was more laughter and Ty blacked out completely.

---Well the next update might throw you off but if you think about it, it should make since. Cheers

This post has been edited by Soulseeker3.0: Apr 14 2006, 02:25 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Apr 14 2006, 03:06 PM
Post #2

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Not a bad start here Seeker, I wonder what will happen to the boy and his mother so please continue.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Apr 14 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh no...poor Ty...I dont dare to think on what those people are going to do with Ty's mom...please give us more...this is a very exiting, and good Fan fic....

*bites nails*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 15 2006, 05:07 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Well here is another update, thanks for the positive feedback guys (and gals)

--Ty woke up in a cold sweat, his mother’s screams still echoing in his ears as he sat there in bed. Ty swung his feet off his bed and went to the window, “Damn, Its before dawn. Again.” Ty walked over to his bureau and splashed water on his face. Ty sensed another presence and sighed, “Ah, mourning Malachi.”

“Morning, troubled one, awake again? Are you going to talk about it this time?” Malachi worked his way over to Ty’s bed and eased himself down upon it.

“Sure, I’ll talk about it okay? At breakfast, I have chores.” Ty put his jacket on and started to walk out of the room and Malachi shook his head and mumbled something and said, “Lets do this the hard way then?”

Ty tried to move another step but he was frozen in place.

GAH!! This HAS to be overstepping his powers and breaking SOME law of the great council!

Malachi smiled and stood up, “Stop is wonderful, isn’t it. Now, you’ve been up before dawn for as long as I remember, training once you were small, in the forest.”

Training!? How the heck’d he know?!

Malachi made his way in front of Ty, “There is something troubling you and it has something to do with your village. Now, when I null the spell, follow me, I have something to show you. It's about time.” Malachi said something and Ty felt control of his muscles again.

“How’d you-” Malachi raised up his hand, “I know a lot more then you think and come.”

Malachi led Ty through the small house to a rock wall with door without a knob, the one Ty would stare at hours on end, wondering how to get in. “But How are we?" Malachi raised his hand again and shook his head. “Just… Watch.”

Malachi waved his hand and said an incantation Ty had never heard before. After a sentence or two, Malachi lowered his hand and stopped talking. The two stood there and Ty finally spoke up.

“Are you sure you said it right? Nothing is happening.” Malachi grinned. “That’s what your suppose to think.” Shortly there-after the door started to creep open and the two walked into the dark gloomy room.

(so did ya get it? yell at me if you didn't. Night y'all)

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 16 2006, 11:51 PM
Post #5

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Oh dear! I´ve just noticed this one, my my there are so many stories now, I´ve no chance on commenting them all between posts.

But this is good work Soul! So keep it up ya hear me?

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
treydog
post Apr 17 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

A very good start here- it shall be interesting to watch this one develop.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 20 2006, 03:24 AM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Yay more comments... anyhoo, this one is short, when i typed it up I was arguing with Word and I didn't have to much patience... so yeah. thanks for killing time here.

Please, enjoy

Malachi walked in and lit the fireplace and then pulled a cord, opening a set of curtains to reveal a set of dark armor. Ty went over to it and touched the glass, only to recoil because of the memory. “Uh huh, I found this on a dead warrior, the only one of its kind. Everyone else had a motley set of armor on as well as weapons.

“I’ve studied the armor and found that it has some intense enchantments and the was I see it, it was a wonder your people took down this one. After ‘some’ research,” Malachi pointed to an old desk, swamped with papers, “Yes, after my research I think the group was called the Moon Shadow clan and they provide ‘protection’ to smaller towns and the like.”

Ty looked around and saw an odd assortment of books, potions, and animals. Eventually his eyes came to rest on another set of curtains. “Ah, yes, that one.” Malachi pulled yet another cord to reveal yet another set of armor. Ty looked upon it trying to remember. Something clicked and Ty fell to his knees. “Yes, As I thought, I think that your father was the head of the village and thusly had the best set of armor.”

Malachi went over and opened the case. “I’ll leave you here, I’m going to get something to eat for breakfast.” Malachi left the room and made his way to the kitchen.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 20 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Hmmm, interesting. Very interesting. Go on.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 20 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #9

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Nice ......very nice, I likey...so please continue, goodjob.gif goodjob.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Aug 22 2006, 02:40 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Score... I finnaly got this done. I'd like to play the "I was busy all summer long" or "my computer got fried" card but truthfully I just didn't want to step away from my video games. Well without further adieu, i present to you the long awaited upadate.

--------------------------------------

Malachi was just finishing up when Ty walked though the door, tightening an old leather belt attached to the scabbard. Ty walked over to the table and sat down in a wooden chair, worn from use. “Malachi, I thank you for your hospitality and I thank you for telling me of my past, but now I must go and avenge my village.” Ty stood up and paced around the room.

“I know its stupid but I feel as though it is my obligation to seek vengeance for what happened. Those beasts slaughtered my family and friends. I’m going to go if you want me to or not. I just thought you would like to know.” Ty picked up a small sack of supplies and headed out the door. “Wait a minute why don’t ya? Sheesh.” Malachi headed over to a cupboard and pulled out a sack and started putting food and the like in it. “I don’t have a problem with you goin’ but here this,” He put the sack on the table and glared at Ty. “Do not let your anger consume you and turn you into that what you are trying to defeat. Well I know this isn’t much but it will help.”

Ty took the sack and thanked him. “Well, thanks, but I had better get going. I haven’t a clue as to were I have to go, and I would like to get this done before I get as old as you.” Ty snuck in a smirk and dodged a flying rolling pin. “Here this young man, I could whoop you and that whole army if I felt like it.” Ty rolled his eyes and headed for the door “Take care old man, I wont be here to do everything for you.” “I think I can get along, besides, its you that should be careful. Just remember everything you know on common sense and morals.”

“I will” With that Ty headed out the house and down the road, leaving Malachi to the house. “Dang I’ll miss that kid.”

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
Kiln
post Aug 22 2006, 03:35 AM
Post #11

Forum Bard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Aug 22 2006, 01:40 AM) *

Score... I finnaly got this done. I'd like to play the "I was busy all summer long" or "my computer got fried" card but truthfully I just didn't want to step away from my video games. Well without further adieu, i present to you the long awaited upadate.
I figured you had a good reason and video games is as good as any. wink.gif

Emotional update here mate, a typical one liner that would be said by an arrogant old man after throwing a rolling pin. biggrin.gif

"Here this young man, I could whoop you and that whole army if I felt like it."

Keep up the good work Seeker and drop in once in a while eh?

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Aug 22 2006, 06:01 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

I remember this one! This was back when I was still a guest visiting this site. Ohwell, glad to see you're continuing it. I agree with the one liner comment.

Hopefully you'll have more time for this now, it's showing promise so far.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
treydog
post Aug 22 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

Glad to see you updating. Enjoyed the interaction between the two characters.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 22 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #14

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ahh Soulseeker! great to see you´re back...and updating! good stuff as usual!

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Sep 9 2006, 04:26 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Huzzah I got more done. I would have typed more but I kind-of got stuck (aka i couldn't read my notes, i am getting tired, and I also changed some stuff) so enjoy a further instament of Vengeance.

Ty grew tired as he traveled down the repetitive and daunting forest path. Every time he peered into the thick, he could see shadows and figures moving and fleeing from his gaze. Every time he would also grip his sword a bit tighter. “Geeze, this is going to get boring fast if this is all that happens.” He kicked a stone and sent in flying into the underbrush, not noticing the shadow that was stealthily tracing his every move.

After traveling for the greater part of the day and passing a handful of people, Ty finally decided to call it a night. Ty found a nice lump on the side of the trail and tossed a pad onto the ground and plopped onto it. “Hmm, lets see, typical traveling rations. Meh, that figures. That’s what I get for letting that old man pack some of my junk. I would have at least put in a loaf or two of real bread.” Ty grumbled as he sorted out his meal and ate it.

As he laid down staring at the stars the thought of his father, mother, and childhood friends came rushing back to him and he couldn’t hold back the tears, knowing the truth. He wiped away the tear and a moment with Malachi popped into his head.

It was a late night in August and they were coming back from coming back from the fall festival in town. The stars fascinated Ty and Malachi had said, “people from the past are up there, watching, wishing us luck on our earthy journeys.”

With that, Ty made an attempt at a smile and turned onto his side, fast asleep.

As fast as he went asleep, he was wide awake, listening to the rummagings of a someone in his pack. Slowly he turned his head to see a person, with their back turned toward him so Ty couldn’t he his face. In one fluid motion Ty went to push the thief away from the bag and to grab his sword. The thief, upon hearing the movement behind him dodged out of the way with agility and drew a dagger, bringing it up to meet Ty’s blade.

Ty was able to see the thief’s face, well, sort-of, all that he could tell was that the thief had jet black eyes because of the hood and the mask.

“You know, you should never turn you face to an opponent, heck I’ve figured it out and I’m not that good.”

And Ty can only assume that beneath the mask was a sneer.

This post has been edited by Soulseeker3.0: Sep 9 2006, 04:28 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Sep 9 2006, 05:02 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Oooo an altercation! Hopefully Ty can pull this one out. Not acheiving vengeance is a rather disappointing moment, but then you usually die so that feeling goes away fairly quickly. tongue.gif

I liked the reflection made by Ty, it gave him a nice, human characteristic that I always love to see. Keep it up!

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
minque
post Sep 9 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #17

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Yay Soul! great update.....I´m expecting an intriguing continuation here!

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Abu the Cat
post Sep 23 2006, 01:04 AM
Post #18

Agent

MORE, MORE! ME WANT MORE! This is a cool story!

--------------------

Bow down to one of my cats!

Se llama Abu! (His name is Abu!)

IPB Image
cryocry on TESSource

Join the Order of Shorn
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Oct 6 2006, 09:22 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

I appologize for not updating earlier, I got my hands on Hitman Bloodmoney and i've been playing the heck out of that but, I didn't have to go to school today so i had some time to sit down and type this all out. I was doing a couple things while typing this up so if its not top notch, i'm blaming it on me not being able to multitask.

anywhoo, on to the story
-----------------------------

Ty stared at the thief and realized how dire the situation was. He was in a half-sitting position and he knew he couldn’t fight like that. Ty must have made a face because the thief gave a feminine laugh,

“Ha, all you ‘adventurers’ are all the same, think they are all that until they are going up against someone with more skill.”

“Wait, what? You’re–”

The thief sighed and pulled down her hood and took off the mask, allowing her silk white hair fall to her shoulders. “I change my statement, all you male adventures are the same.”

She pulled out another dagger and brought it up to Ty’s neck, “Now I’m in charge. Ya see, I really don’t like doin it this way but I’m flexible. As a great thief once said ‘Your GP or your HP.’”

“Yeah, I’m fairly taken to both of those so, is there any chance that you’d take no for an answer?” Ty tried to manage a smile but failed miserably.

“Not a chance.”

“Figured” Ty then pushed back on the ground with his spare hand and kicked up some dirt into the thief’s face, causing her to drop one of her knives to rub the dirt out of her eyes. Ty stood up just in time to dodge a blinded stab in the position that he was just in moments ago.

Ty smiled, “Now, we can do this all night but I’m wanting to be in some town by tomorrow, so can’t we do this some other time?”

The thief scowled at Ty and dove at him, brining her dagger across his chest. Ty fell back as the dagger made contact with his armor and the thief fell on him. She brought the knife up to his neck again.

“Now I’m going to finish this, you making it to difficult” Just before she slashed Ty’s throat, she noticed a scar running from just above his left eye toward his ear. “Oh heck no, it has to be a coincidence.” She said in a hushed voice.

“What?” Ty looked at her quizzically. “What are you talking about?”

“Uh, when did you get that?” She said, pointing at the scar.

“What? The scar? I’ve always had that for as long as I can remember.” Ty touched it and the memory of being thrown at the wall came back oh to clear.

“Oh heck no, this can’t be. I’ll wait and see.” She muttered under her breath, as she got up. “I’m letting you go,” She said louder, “but the next time we meet, it will end a tad bit differently.” With that she bent down and picked up the dagger she dropped earlier, “until next time.”

Ty continued to lay there, watching her walk off into the woods, eaten up by the darkness, with a confused look upon his face.

This post has been edited by Soulseeker3.0: Oct 6 2006, 09:22 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 6 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Ooo more suspense; I'm liking it. I wonder what this possible relation between Ty and this assassin is...

Time will tell it seems. And I'll be eager to see it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:36 PM