11 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Now Listening To, You know the drill
Red
post Oct 12 2005, 03:31 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, I missed this good ol' thread, so I am pulling out My Necromancer robe and raising the dead. Anyways, I believe the last post, other than the closer, was

"`Dantrag`

Don't mind if I old-school punk this place up a bit do you?

Garden of Serenity - Ramones.

The Ramones have almost no musical talent, but they are somehow still awesome. It baffles even me."

Not at all, especially if its the Ramones. But no musical talent? They were pretty fresh when they started, but they grew amazing. Remember when they covered "What a wonderful world"? It was dead on with punk stylings.

Well, I'll see your Garden of Serenity with a Happy Birthday Mr. Burns by the Ramones, and add a We're a Happy Family by the one and only, Ramones.

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 12 2005, 09:29 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Symphony X - King of Terrors cool.gif

One of my favorites, but I have yet to buy THe Odyssey.

Anyways, on the Ramones; they really don't have much talent, but I like them still. They pretty much began my guitar playing; my first song was Blitzkreig Bop, and then I just went through learning more and more of their songs. Most are just the same three or four power chords over and over. So when I say no musical talent, it's in no way an insult. The stuff they playa is very fun, especially because you can add your own stuff to it, and play it with a bunch of friends on other instruments without hours of practice. Fun times.

I own a few CDs and a tshirt of theirs. Tommy better live awhile though; he's the only one left.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Red
post Oct 13 2005, 01:24 AM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Oct 12 2005, 09:29 PM)
Symphony X - King of Terrors  cool.gif

One of my favorites, but I have yet to buy THe Odyssey.

Anyways, on the Ramones; they really don't have much talent, but I like them still. They pretty much began my guitar playing; my first song was Blitzkreig Bop, and then I just went through learning more and more of their songs. Most are just the same three or four power chords over and over. So when I say no musical talent, it's in no way an insult. The stuff they playa is very fun, especially because you can add your own stuff to it, and play it with a bunch of friends on other instruments without hours of practice. Fun times.

I own a few CDs and a tshirt of theirs. Tommy better live awhile though; he's the only one left.

He's the only one left until I clone the others. Joey Ramone is unstoppable! I see what you mean though. Some of their songs are very, very easy.

Anyways, Rage Against The Machine- The Battle of Los Angeles.

--------------------
+Quote Post
The Wolf
post Oct 13 2005, 10:12 AM
Post #4

Agent

Stratovarius - Visions.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Rane
post Oct 13 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #5

Lurker
Group Icon

Seems like this has to be pointed out again.

It is ok to discuss music in this thread.

It is not ok to post one-liners saying what song you are currently listening to.
+Quote Post
Red
post Oct 13 2005, 11:51 PM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rane @ Oct 13 2005, 03:40 PM)
Seems like this has to be pointed out again.

It is ok to discuss music in this thread.

It is not ok to post one-liners saying what song you are currently listening to.

I agree sire. anyways, I'm listening to Nina Hagen- 99 Red balloons, one of my favourite songs ever. A nice, German cold war song that so far to my knowledge has only been covered well by Gold Finger.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Oct 15 2005, 12:19 AM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

If I'm listening to music it usually means I'm lonely or sad, and I'm listening to it right now. Hanginaround - Counting Crows.

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
Red
post Oct 15 2005, 04:55 AM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

I've heard of those guys, the songs I listened to where pretty good but I can't say I'm they're biggest fan. Also, sorry to hear that you're lonely or sad.

Anyways, I'm listening to Thursday- Understanding in a car crash. I think the lyrics in this song are poetry themselves, but the the instruments really help set the tone for this song. Go buy the album or download it, really doesn't matter to me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post Oct 15 2005, 05:37 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Now I'm listning to two Norwegian Rock / Metal bands, not at the same time of course. Susperia and Amulet, haven't listened to much of their music but I got some interest in them after the Topp20 program here in Norway where they mostly focused on rock and metal where they showed a video from Susperia - Devil my Care and Amulet played live with their song Crashing into my Room I think it was... Amulet is more of a rock band.

And they also had a the weeks album that was Dream Theater's Awarnes I think it was. So they showed the video of Pull me Under smile.gif And they talked about the genres and sub-genres with Metal and I most say that, there's really so many and there's some I cant tell me different from kvleft.gif

Oh, they also handed out a Strat' that was signed by Iron Maiden - To bad I have a a blank Strat' already laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Oct 16 2005, 04:16 AM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Red @ Oct 14 2005, 11:55 PM)
I've heard of those guys, the songs I listened to where pretty good but I can't say I'm they're biggest fan. Also, sorry to hear that you're lonely or sad.

Anyways,  I'm listening to Thursday- Understanding in a car crash. I think the lyrics in this song are poetry themselves, but the the instruments really help set the tone for this song. Go buy the album or download it, really doesn't matter to me.

Yes you must pity me more please... now! Lol joking,

If you knew me, you would realize that I'm a sarcastic pessimist, not exactly a bright person. I've never heard of Thursday before sad.gif

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Oct 16 2005, 05:01 AM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Avalanche -- By Butthole Surfers....yeah.
my friend downloaded it onto my computer without my knowing, i found it and listened to it, pretty wierd. pretty cool.

--------------------
War is over if you want it.
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Oct 16 2005, 08:40 PM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(ShogunSniper @ Oct 16 2005, 12:01 AM)
Avalanche -- By Butthole Surfers....yeah.
my friend downloaded it onto my computer without my knowing, i found it and listened to it, pretty wierd.  pretty cool.

You're joking right? butthole surfers? ..... such a peculiar name

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
Red
post Oct 17 2005, 01:56 AM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Wurlon @ Oct 16 2005, 08:40 PM)
You're joking right? butthole surfers? ..... such a peculiar name

I've heard of them. They're pretty good but I've only heard one or two songs. Also, Thursday is a pretty cool band, they're kind of like Finch (Incase you've heard of them) but even better.

Anyways, Guitar Wolf, Planet of the Wolves.

--------------------
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Oct 17 2005, 03:45 AM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

I have one of their songs, Marijuana friend of my mother.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
minque
post Oct 18 2005, 10:06 PM
Post #15

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Red @ Oct 14 2005, 12:51 AM)
I agree sire. anyways, I'm listening to Nina Hagen- 99 Red balloons, one of my favourite songs ever. A nice, German cold war song that so far to my knowledge has only been covered well by Gold Finger.

Ah, 99 Luftballons....there was another one who did that as well....ehh Nena was it if I remember correct....that was one of my favourites some years ago when it was very popular in Germany..we were camping and that one always was played at the karaoke!... biggrin.gif

Jus now I´m listening to Welle Erdball: ""Der Sinn des Lebens".....it really is awesome..not one single bad track on this cd!

hmm i kinda like german music...... ohmy.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Red
post Oct 19 2005, 03:36 AM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Oct 18 2005, 10:06 PM)
Ah,  99 Luftballons....there was another one who did that as well....ehh Nena was it if I remember correct....that was one of my favourites some years ago when it was very popular in Germany..we were camping and that one always was played at the karaoke!... biggrin.gif

Jus now I´m listening to Welle Erdball: ""Der Sinn des Lebens".....it really is awesome..not one single bad track on this cd!
hmm i kinda like german music...... ohmy.gif

I've been getting the same thing recently. Same as Swedish bands. Must listen to every Hives cd over and over again smile.gif. Right now I'm listening to an amazing song that I hope I havn't already said, Zombie by the Cranberries followed by Pistol Grip Pump. Hehe, I love it when Rage Against the Machine goes kind of heavy punk-rap.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ShogunSniper
post Oct 19 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

picked a random song on da media player, Negative Creep -- Nirvana. pretty nice song, i've gotten it stuck in my head a few times.

--------------------
War is over if you want it.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 19 2005, 10:10 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

Rufio takes the stage with "Above Me"

These guys are awesome, especially live (even though they ended up with the crappy stage at Warped Tour '04)

You a fan, Red? You listen to a lot of that style from what I've gathered. Oh, and which Thursday album do you like better War All the Time or full Collapse?

I'm still undecided as they both have their high points. (one or two lows)

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Dancing_Bear
post Oct 20 2005, 03:30 AM
Post #19

Retainer

"Mother the sun makes me cry" by The Skygreen Leopards.

If you have rhapsody or some other music program you should give it a listen.
Some weird psychedelic folky kinda music with banjo, guitar, jaw harp and a music box chimey kinda thing on this song. Trippy vocals.

--------------------
The famines hard. The city seiged and we've forgotten who we need. I hate my son and I regret, but you don't know how desperate. To kill Elijah and have his head is what the wicked king had said. Elijah trusted despite the mail and prophesized a flower sale. And then we plundered deserted tents. I sold my flower for a pence.
+Quote Post
Dancing_Bear
post Oct 20 2005, 03:32 AM
Post #20

Retainer

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Oct 19 2005, 06:10 PM)
Rufio takes the stage with "Above Me"

These guys are awesome, especially live (even though they ended up with the crappy stage at Warped Tour '04)

You a fan, Red? You listen to a lot of that style from what I've gathered. Oh, and which Thursday album do you like better War All the Time or full Collapse?

I'm still undecided as they both have their high points. (one or two lows)

I know you didn't ask me but I like Full Collapse much better but I don't really listen to that kinda music anymore.

--------------------
The famines hard. The city seiged and we've forgotten who we need. I hate my son and I regret, but you don't know how desperate. To kill Elijah and have his head is what the wicked king had said. Elijah trusted despite the mail and prophesized a flower sale. And then we plundered deserted tents. I sold my flower for a pence.
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:52 AM