23 Pages V « < 20 21 22 23 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morrowind Mischiefs, A Characters Update thread
Renee
post Dec 31 2020, 03:56 PM
Post #421

Councilor
Group Icon

Khajiit has dropped the habit of using Third Person when this one speaks. wink.gif

I think one of my characters claimed that Seyda Neen shack. Nice place to live. On the other hand, since enemies do not respawn in this game, my evil high elf mage claimed this gigantic complex as one of her homes. redwizardsmile.gif

It is something rather nice about this game; when most places are cleared they are cleared. On the other hand, when I start playing this game on PC I do think I'll add respawning enemies into all those permacleared locations, if such a mod exists. I'm sure it does. I can't be the only one who wants this.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 31 2020, 04:35 PM
Post #422

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 31 2020, 08:56 AM) *

Khajiit has dropped the habit of using Third Person when this one speaks. wink.gif

I think one of my characters claimed that Seyda Neen shack. Nice place to live. On the other hand, since enemies do not respawn in this game, my evil high elf mage claimed this gigantic complex as one of her homes. redwizardsmile.gif

It is something rather nice about this game; when most places are cleared they are cleared. On the other hand, when I start playing this game on PC I do think I'll add respawning enemies into all those permacleared locations, if such a mod exists. I'm sure it does. I can't be the only one who wants this.

Oh lord yes!! The Dunmer strongholds make the best player homes! Hlormaren is my favorite!

Oh, and yeah I dropped the third person stuff for the most part. It will crop up occasionally though! wink.gif

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Dec 31 2020, 05:37 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 5 2021, 03:17 PM
Post #423

Ancient
Group Icon

I couldn’t find a mod that adds a merchant that sells Solstheim goods, so I guess I’m going to make one. Need to decide where I want to put them though. Thinking either Seyda Neen or Dagon Fel. Or maybe even Khuul since that’s where the ship that takes you there is.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 5 2021, 04:41 PM
Post #424

Councilor
Group Icon

I can't remember where Dagon Fel is, but I'll assume it's a port? And probably more of a Dunmer-oriented location. So whichever 'race' of peoples deals with Solstheim more (whether it's more Imperial, or more Dunmer) that's what I'd go with.

My Morrowind Xbox disc began to glitch last time I was playing some MW (back in October) and so 2021 is the year I'll finally play MW on PC. Probably not until May when it gets warmer, and Skyrim gets pushed aside by me. That'll be crazy with the graphics 'upgrade'. Are you getting an easy 60 frames per second, Khajiit? Or do you not monitor fps?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 5 2021, 05:58 PM
Post #425

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 5 2021, 09:41 AM) *

I can't remember where Dagon Fel is, but I'll assume it's a port? And probably more of a Dunmer-oriented location. So whichever 'race' of peoples deals with Solstheim more (whether it's more Imperial, or more Dunmer) that's what I'd go with.

My Morrowind Xbox disc began to glitch last time I was playing some MW (back in October) and so 2021 is the year I'll finally play MW on PC. Probably not until May when it gets warmer, and Skyrim gets pushed aside by me. That'll be crazy with the graphics 'upgrade'. Are you getting an easy 60 frames per second, Khajiit? Or do you not monitor fps?

Dagon Fel is actually a Nord settlement on the eastern side of the large island directly north of Vvardenfell called Sheogorad. It does have a dock and access to the sea. There is a decent Imperial presence on Solstheim, so Seyda Neen could be ideal since the Census and Excise officials are there. Ebonheart is also a good choice.

I... don’t actually monitor the fps. It does stutter some, not going to lie, but that might just be because I have a setting wrong in Openmw or MGE XE. In any case, it doesn’t bother me enough to try and figure out the problem.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jan 5 2021, 06:01 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 5 2021, 09:46 PM
Post #426

Mouth
Group Icon

I think Renee is in for a Morrowind PC treat. With mods the flora is beautiful.

https://imgur.com/umWaT2J
https://imgur.com/Gm5T0Qo

The fauna is fiendishly friendly

https://imgur.com/2C0yWCn

Have fun making your own custom race

https://imgur.com/5emXwvy

and with Grumpy's template it's easily create your own companions

https://imgur.com/7O9kGDD.

That was 6-years ago there's been hundreds of new mods since then. Please try Tamriel Rebuilt and the Lyithdonea - Islands of the Dawn landmass mods; you may never return to Vvarenfell.

Oh one more thing, kill Vivec.

This post has been edited by macole: Jan 5 2021, 09:47 PM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 5 2021, 10:17 PM
Post #427

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 5 2021, 02:46 PM) *

Oh one more thing, kill Vivec.

A must.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 6 2021, 01:42 AM
Post #428

Councilor
Group Icon

Did someone mention companions, and custom races?

Unreleased mod. (beware of boobies).

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jan 6 2021, 03:39 AM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 6 2021, 03:30 AM
Post #429

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 5 2021, 06:42 PM) *

Unreleased mod. (beware of boobies).

The link is broken. sad.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 6 2021, 03:41 AM
Post #430

Councilor
Group Icon

Try again, I fixed he link, which hadn't pasted in at all.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 6 2021, 03:52 AM
Post #431

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 5 2021, 08:41 PM) *

Try again, I fixed he link, which hadn't pasted in at all.

Ooo does the demon have digitigrade legs like the Argonians and Khajiit?!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 6 2021, 06:56 AM
Post #432

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 5 2021, 06:42 PM) *

What was that about Vilja and headless invisible dead sheep?
Yes, I did mention making a custom race and companions for my personal use. There were a couple of tales I wanted to tell. One was how Ka-Ata-Killia (Kaleah in Oblivion) came to be his devoted companion. Also I had this grand idea of a quest mod involving the dissident priests putting a bounty on Vivec’s head. I soon found out how little I knew and my grand design ended with my character race mod and the two rudimentary followers. No Constance, no Julan from my hands.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jan 6 2021, 02:20 PM
Post #433

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha thanks!

I know for sure I'll want a mod which makes NPC enemies (in caves, for instance) respawn. I'd also like something which makes NPCs move around more, rather than standing in the same spot for 10 years. And also something which makes us able to sit down, although ghastley told me a couple years ago that this is impossible. The animation modeling (whatever it's called) just doesn't exist.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Jan 6 2021, 04:29 PM
Post #434

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 6 2021, 07:20 AM) *

And also something which makes us able to sit down, although ghastley told me a couple years ago that this is impossible. The animation modeling (whatever it's called) just doesn't exist.

There is a newer mod The Sitting Mod that adds animations. It look promising but it is getting mixed reviews in the comment section.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 6 2021, 05:30 PM
Post #435

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(macole @ Jan 6 2021, 09:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ Jan 6 2021, 07:20 AM) *

And also something which makes us able to sit down, although ghastley told me a couple years ago that this is impossible. The animation modeling (whatever it's called) just doesn't exist.

There is a newer mod The Sitting Mod that adds animations. It look promising but it is getting mixed reviews in the comment section.

Yeah it looks a bit wonky and difficult to implement. The folks who did get it working seem to like it though.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 7 2021, 10:50 PM
Post #436

Ancient
Group Icon

I find it annoying that the Nordic Silver Shortsword has less “hp” than a Nordic Silver Dagger. Time for a visit to the CS!

Also, how come all base melee weapons, besides spears and halberds, have the same reach? Obviously a claymore should have more reach than a dagger. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 1 2021, 08:13 PM
Post #437

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I really should look up what my own character is up to. Well, he's on Solstehim and I'm pretty sure he's in his room in the meadhall.

Should bring him out and hunt some werewolves again!

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 5 2021, 06:23 PM
Post #438

Paladin
Group Icon

If you're looking for the continuing saga of Joan of Arkay in Morrowind, I've worked with Renee and we've moved all of its posts to its very own new thread in the fanfic section of the forums. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 3 2021, 04:43 AM
Post #439

Ancient
Group Icon

Since Renee forced me to with her Joan of Arkay story, I decided to fire up Morrowind. It has been a bit of a re-learning curve. Especially since I discovered that MGE does not work with Windows 10. But thankfully MGE XE does.

I also had to find a few other mods, since apparently the vanilla game does not warn you if you are about to steal something. I found one that adds the red hand to your hud to show you that something is owned. Plus a second that stops you from stealing things unless you are in stealth mode.

But eventually January was on her way to Vvardenfell once more, this time in the actual Morrowind game, rather than Morroblivion.

January in Seyda Neen

Pink Skies

"Red sky at dawn, blood has been spilled this night."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 3 2021, 02:22 PM
Post #440

Paladin
Group Icon

Jan is once again proving her adaptability - now in Morrowind! Nice take on the old nautical addage 'Red sky in the morning, sailor take warning; red sky at night, sailor's delight.'

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

23 Pages V « < 20 21 22 23 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:00 AM