Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Shadow of Nerevar-Chapter 2
Ryden294
post May 16 2005, 03:06 AM
Post #1

Retainer

I have been thinking of a way to add a nice twist to the story, something to catch the readers by surprise and make them want to read more. I may have it here. Read part one of chapter two and tell me what you think. Enjoy biggrin.gif

CHAPTER 2

"Stop bleeding on my floor!"

Odyssius was screaming at the man he had just hit in the face with a bottle of flin. They were in his shack just outside ebonheart and had been discussing the price on an adamantium helm when the seller went too high and angered Odyssius.

"Get up you old fool, out of my house!"

"You will buy the helm!" screamed the old man, holding up a fancy silver plated dagger.

"Put that silver plated sissy scraper away before you hurt yourself. I will not have you spilling more blood on my floor waving a butter knife around."

"Buy the helm or i'll kill you!"

"Ignorant old man, do you wish to die?"

"Do you arrogant child?"

Odyssius sighed and picked up an iron broadsword which was laying on the table to his right.

The man lunged for Odyssius, who dodged to the left and countered with a swing of the iron sword. The blow hit the old man in the back with almost enough force to cut him in half. He fell to the floor, dead before he hit it.

Odyssius turned and grabbed the adamantium helm off the table. He then walked over to his dresser which had the rest of his adamantium armour in it. He took it all out and strapped it on. He then turned to a small chest, opened it, and pulled out a belt with a pouch on it, a restore and health restore fatigue potion, a bottle of flin, a divine intervention scroll, a messenger scroll, his lucky iron dagger, and some crab meat. He then reached under his bed and pulled out his pride and joy. A sword he had gotten off the dead body of a crazy orc outside suran. Umbra Sword.

He then turned and pulled a note off the table. It read:

Odyssius

I have a favour to ask of you. One of my dear friends, Seth, has gone missing. He went into the sewers to seek protection for me and hasn't returned after two weeks. I fear the worst. I have done for you what no one else could do, please return the favour. I ask you to go into the sewers and into the old manor distict to search for Seth. Come to me first.

King Hlaalu Helseth

Odyssius folded the note and put it into his pouch. He then sheathed umbra on his side and opened the door to the outside world. He turned back around and picked up the old man, flung him over his shoulder, and walked out, on his way to the coast to dispose of the body.

Odyssius arrived at the beach and threw the body of the old man into the water. He watched for a moment as it drifted deeper into the sea before turning and walking the short distance to ebonheart.

When he arrived at ebonheart, odyssius went up into the battlements and into the grand council chambers where he spoke with asciene rane and asked for transport to mournhold.

When Odyssius came to his senses he went up the stairs of the reception area of the royal palace and into the throne room where Helseth was talking with delitian, captain of his royal guard.

"We cannot send a drunk into the sewers in search of your friend." said delitian

"Why not?" asked Helseth

"Because he will get himself killed and we will accomplish nothing."

"What do you care if he dies or not? It is worth a try and Odyssius is more than a drunk."

"Yes, he is a smart a**."

"Do not insult me with profanity. He is going to search for Seth and you are not going to stop him. He is a great warrior and a great man. Even if he does enjoy a few bottles of flin here and there."

Delitian didn't say anything more. He just backed away and stood stiffly.

"Odyssius, I didn't see you. Welcome."

"Hello, Helseth."

Odyssius heard delitian mutter something about addressing the king more formally but he didn't pay attention.

"I suppose you recieved my letter?"

"Yes. I will search for this man, only because I owe you."

"Alright. As I said in the note, he should be in the manor discrict of the sewers as he was meeting the night mother of the Dark Brotherhood to ask for some men to guard me."

"Spare me the details. I just want to get this over with. I will return soon."

With that, Odyssius turned and exited the throne room.

It was rather short. My posts seem to be getting shorter and shorter. Expect the next part to be very long, another sewer adventure. I am aware that I spelled Odyssius wrong, but I did it to make the name different. I hope you enjoyed part one of chapter two.

--------------------
"I may not agree with what you say, but to the death i will defend your right to say it"

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be"

"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung"

"What most persons consider as virtue, after the age of 40 is simply a loss of energy."

-Voltaire
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 16 2005, 08:50 PM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

Ooh, can't wait! smile.gif Ah, the sewers. I remember traveling through those in Vivec...Not very pleasant. biggrin.gif Anyway, keep it up! :goodjob:
+Quote Post
minque
post May 16 2005, 08:54 PM
Post #3

Wise Woman
Group Icon

yes....a very nice twist it was...really good. So keep writing this is gonna be exciting to read, but we need more......soon?

:goodjob:

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 16 2005, 10:14 PM
Post #4

Unregistered

What she said.

+Quote Post
Ryden294
post May 17 2005, 08:18 PM
Post #5

Retainer

Thank you all and yes, expect another part sometime tonight. I haven't exlpaned the way Odyssius looks very well yet so i've made sure to add it into the part. I'll finish up the editing and post it soon.

--------------------
"I may not agree with what you say, but to the death i will defend your right to say it"

"What most persons consider as virtue, after the age of 40 is simply a loss of energy."

-Voltaire
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 18 2005, 02:55 AM
Post #6

Unregistered

Good i await impatiently... Hurry!
+Quote Post
Ryden294
post May 18 2005, 09:08 PM
Post #7

Retainer

Sorry I didn't post last night. I broke my ankle sad.gif. But I will post sometime tonight for sure! Within an hour or so.

--------------------

-Voltaire
+Quote Post
Ryden294
post May 20 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #8

Retainer

Sorry for the delay, too many things to do and not enough time to do them. Here you are, the second part for chapter 2. Enjoy biggrin.gif

Odyssius stepped out into the palace courtyard. He was sweating. A few hours wearing a full set of armour will do that to anyone. He removed his helm, revealing his long, brown hair which he kept up in a ponytail when he wore his armour. You could also see his goatee(sp?), which was also brown. His face was a bit scrunched up against the sun but it was normally smooth and handsome. He preferred, however, to leave women out of things. He didn't understand them and tends to dislike that which he doesn't understand. That and they always seem to hold him back.

Odyssius was in love once. A woman by the name of Kimberly. He was playing his part in the thing he most understands, battle, and was fighting a group of 5 men and was losing. Kim decided to play hero and tried to help him and was killed. He never saw another woman since.

A guard approached him and said

"Mournhold, city of light! City of magic!"

"Yes, many people tend to disappear out of nowhere here, don't they?" mumbled Odyssius before walking away.

As Odyssius entered the temple courtyard he began to think. Seth..he had heard the name before, but it has been a while. Where had he heard it?

"No," he mumbled to himself

"Impossible."

He had heard the name before, way before. A dunmer by the name of Seth had tried to kill him when they were children. Apparently he didn't like imperials too well. Hopefully this was not the same Seth.

Odyssius entered the great bazaar and made the short walk to the sewer entrance, where he checked to make sure he had all of his items in order. He did, so he pulled open the trap door and leapt into the sewers.

Splash! Odyssius landed in knee deep water, which surprise him for some reason. He turned to his left and made his way up the steep incline. At the top he found the body of a khajiit with a wound in it's forehead.

"Lovely..." he muttered.

He then turned and set off to the right to the right once more at the next fork. He could see bones and ectoplasm. Apparently Seth had come this way.

"Follow the dead and reach my destination..." Odyssius talked to himself often.

Following a trail of skeletons, random bones, and ectoplasm, eventually Odyssius came to a door which he believed led to the manor district. He opened it and entered, closing it back behind him.

Rather uneventful this time but the next part will be very interesting. I spent a lot of time on it. This was mainly a few explanations and details about Odyssius. I hope you enjoyed it.

--------------------

-Voltaire
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 20 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

*claps* Yay! smile.gif Please continue soon, 'kay? biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 20 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #10

Unregistered

Yes please keep it coming.

+Quote Post
Ryden294
post May 21 2005, 07:17 PM
Post #11

Retainer

Odyssius slowly walked forward. There was silence all around him. He was too sober for this. He reached into his pouch and withdrew a bottle of flin, drank it down, and continued on.

After a short walk he came across a dark brotherhood corpse. There was a cut in the stomach of the assassin and a large wound it his throat. This was some fine knife work. He pressed on.

Odyssius came across yet another corpse at the base of a stone staircase with a throwing star in his head. He was becoming more amazed with each passing moment. The man who had killed these men knew what he was doing. He left the body and began climbing the stairs. Halfway up the incline went from stairs to a crude-looking wooden ladder. He climbed it and reach the loft.

Looking around, he saw 3 men in another loft and close to him in the darkness were the bodies of 2 more men. He decided to climb to the loft and try to enter the building on it. He began climbing.

Halfway up the ladder the 3 men waiting at the top had noticed him. They began throwing knifes and throwing stars at him. Every attack bounced harmlessly off his armour. He reached the top and the assassins drew their daggers.

Odyssius quickly drew umbra and, since he was drunk, made the first move. He swung with much force and little speed at one of the men, who dodged easily and attemped a counter attack. Leapt back and dodged. He raised umbra and faked a swing and, seeing the direction the assassin had leapt to dodge, stuck out his foot and kicked the man. He saw the other 2 assassins lunging at him and dodged, countering with a blow that struck one of them in the side, slicing him open and nearly in half.

By now the other assassin had gotten up and readied himself for another attack. His companion had gone around behind Odyssius and was scanning for weak points. The 2 assassins lunged simultaniously. Odyssius leapt back and watched the 2 assassins impale each other. These must be the stupid ones, thought Odyssius. One of the assassins had only taken a wound to the arm so Odyssius went over to finish him.

"Please let me live. I am a man of the gods." begged one.

"I've killed several of them." replied Odyssius before ridding this man of his head.

When Odyssius entered the building he heard a faint noise, almost like a moan. He followed the noise and after taking several different hallways, when he thought he was going the wrong way, he reached a set of large double doors.

"I'm thirsty." he muttered.

He reached into his pouch and withdrew 2 bottles of flin. He drank them both and reached back into his pouch and withdrew a bottle of cyrodiilic brandy.

"Brandy? I do not want brandy!" he yelled, throwing the bottle at the doors.

The brandy bottle shattered when it hit the doors and the noise echoed through the building. He saw the doors shake a bit and slowly begin to open...

--------------------

-Voltaire
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 21 2005, 07:20 PM
Post #12

Unregistered

Im glad the next part came. I was waiting for it to show up.

Yes that was some fine knife work! Real fine. :goodjob:
+Quote Post
Ryden294
post May 21 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #13

Retainer

[quote=jonajosa]Im glad the next part came. I was waiting for it to show up.

Yes that was some fine knife work! Real fine. :goodjob:[/quote]This wasn't what I was talking about in my last post. Well, it was but I had more in it, I just thought it would be better to wait and post it in a seperate part. I'm looking forward to posting it. I'm about to finish up my editing on it. Be ready!

--------------------

-Voltaire
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 21 2005, 07:39 PM
Post #14

Unregistered

Ready....
+Quote Post
minque
post May 21 2005, 07:42 PM
Post #15

Wise Woman
Group Icon

seconded i´m ready as well, good writing here.....i enjoyed it so c´mon i want some more :goodjob:

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ryden294
post May 21 2005, 08:08 PM
Post #16

Retainer

When Odyssius came to his senses he was strapped to a bed and a dunmer woman dressed in exquisite clothing was looking at him in a rather curious way. Odyssius didn't think much, he just thought he had drank too much.

"How much flin did I drink? No need to go further, woman, i'm sober now. Undo these chains." he said

"This is not what you think it is, imperial. You are my captive"

"Stupid woman, I said i'm no longer drunk, now take off these chains before I rip them off as well as your limbs!"

"Hold your tongue you ignorant fool. I am the night mother of the dark brotherhood. You are trespassing in my manor. The only reason you still breath is because I am curious as to why you are here and how you got past my guards."

"Take off these chains and I shall tell you."

"Tell me and I shall remove the chains."

"Fine."

"Well?"

"Ok, I was told that you have a friend of king Helseth captive in here and was asked to investigate. I came and killed your guards, which by the way was very easy since they were extremely stupid. Anyway I killed them and followed a moan to the double doors. That is all I remember. Now remove these damn chains."

"In a moment. I have another question for you. Helseth...what did he pay you for this mission?"

"Nothing...I owe him a favour."

The night mother muttered something and everything went black.

When Odyssius woke he was chained to a wall beside a dark elf. He instantly began cursing.

"Shut up! Apparently you do not have a very large vocabulary or you could think of something else to say!" screamed the dunmer.

At this point Odyssius noticed him.

"Who are you?"

"I am Seth. Who are you?"

"Odyssius. I was sent to rescue you."

"You did a fine job."

"Do not mock me."

"Lets stop bickering before you end up dead. We must get out of here."

"How?"

"Hold on a moment."

Seth looked around. They were in a small dark room. The wall they were on was barely large enough to hold the 2 of them. There was a small table near the door and on it was a note. Seth tried to see what was written from where he was but he couldn't. It was too dark and he wasn't wearing his ring(the ring of azura).

He then looked at the locks on the shackles that held him. A simple level 40 lock, but his things were over in the corner by the table.

"Odyssius." he said

"What?"

"Do you see our things by that table near your feet?"

"Yes."

"If I used a spell to unlock the shackles on your feet do you think you could get my pouch?"

"Yes."

"Ok, hold on."

Seth had enough reserves to cast 2 of his unlock spells. He had regenerated his magicka since he was put in here and was ready to cast. He did so.

In a flash of purple light the shackles at Odyssius' feet were unlocked. Seth cast the spell again, this time targeting the shackle on his left arm.

Odyssius reached out with his foot and managed to grab hold of Seth's pouch. He raised his foot and flung the pouch at Seth, who caught it with his left hand.

Seth struggled to keep hold of the sack and reach into it at the same time but managed to withdraw a lockpick before dropping it. First he unlocked his right shackle and then his feet. He then went to Odyssius and freed him. They quickly put on thier things and walked to the door. Seth extended a hand and turned the knob. As he opened the door he saw a sleeping guard in a chair next to it. He drew Keening and slit the guard's throat.

"These Dark Brotherhood assassins are clumsier than I thought."

"Yes...there on your armour."

Odyssius pointed at a hole.

"What happened?"

"The night mother beat me in a fight. She made sure I was unconsious before she healed me and threw me into that room."

"I don't like women period but she has some problems that need to be dealt with."

"Lets go."

They began to walk down the hall and shortly came to the double doors that led to the night mother's quarters.

"I am going to eat her heart for dinner tonight. You with me?"

"I'd rather just kill her."

"Fine. You help kill her and I'LL eat her."

"Ok..."

They both pushed hard on the door but it wouldn't budge. After a few moments they quit trying.

"You have done good so far but your journey ends here."

Came a voice from behind them. They turned to see the night mother. She was dressed in a full set of glass armour and was wielding an adamantium shortsword. She was ready for action.

--------------------

-Voltaire
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 21 2005, 08:29 PM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

Yay! biggrin.gif Keep up the good work! :goodjob:

The only complaint I have is that it was hard to identify who's saying what a few times in the convesation, but besides that, I really hope you'll continue. Pweeeeese? smile.gif
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 21 2005, 10:34 PM
Post #18

Unregistered

[quote=MerGirl]Yay! biggrin.gif Keep up the good work! :goodjob:

The only complaint I have is that it was hard to identify who's saying what a few times in the convesation, but besides that, I really hope you'll continue. Pweeeeese? smile.gif[/quote]

I agree with her. There should be some "He said" "She said" at the end of some of the sentences. Don't put them at the end of every line just put them every let say 3 or 5 lines. Ok?

Otherwise It was great. :goodjob:
+Quote Post
Ryden294
post May 21 2005, 11:55 PM
Post #19

Retainer

Thank you for the complements and yes, I will start adding more "he said" or "she said" at the end of every few sentences. That is one of the main things that makes this forum great. Constructive criticism. If it wasn't for y'all telling me my mistakes my stories would have many of them.

--------------------

-Voltaire
+Quote Post
minque
post May 21 2005, 11:57 PM
Post #20

Wise Woman
Group Icon

you´re brave, not everyone can take criticism you know...no matter how constructive it is... :goodjob:

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:31 PM