71 Pages V « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aravi in Skyrim, her video story
SubRosa
post Mar 22 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #401

Ancient
Group Icon

So now it is off to see Esbern? How come Delphine does not do that? Oh wait, because the game is supposed to revolve around the player! biggrin.gif

Heimskr! I love listening to that old coot rant!

That little conversation between Kodiak and Vilkas is a nice little precursor to the... hairy... nature of their bunch.

Aravi should take Vilkas' sword and sell it! biggrin.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 23 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #402

Paladin
Group Icon

“We don’t take just any milk drinker that stumbles in.” tongue.gif

Grrrr! Aravi does great with her blades, then gets a stupid fetch and carry task. When Kharjo shrugged his shoulders I just about fell off my chair! Love that guy!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 23 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #403

Councilor
Group Icon

It would be great if there was a conversation option where you could yell at Delphine for hauling your stuff halfway across the province. I guess she was so sure that Aravi would die, there was no point in waiting an hour or two for her.

Not just any milk drinker… hey, is she calling Aravi a cat?! tongue.gif Kharjo’s shrug and Aravi’s headshake were just perfect! That's going to be a classic Aravi and Kharjo moment. happy.gif I have an idea for Vilkas about where he can put his valuable sword. The Companions seem especially rude after Aravi and Kharjo’s considerate treatment of one another.

I really like the Companions. I’m glad Aravi decided to let Esbern hide out in the Ratway a little longer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 24 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #404

Master
Group Icon

@mALX: Aravi’s still wearing modded armor, it’s ancient nord barbarian armor. I think I prefer the armor she had previously. Kharjo’s shrug went perfectly with Aravi’s head shake. biggrin.gif Thanks mALX!

@SubRosa: Aravi finds that ranting man very annoying. She sometimes thinks about knocking him over the head. Lol.

Lol, that would be funny. I have a feeling it is a ‘quest item.’ Thanks SubRosa!

@Acadian: Aravi must have bruised his ego. Kharjo’s awesome! Thanks Acadian!

@Grits: That should be an option! Aravi basically had nothing for the whole trip back to riverwood.

I didn’t notice how funny it is calling Aravi a milk drinker until you said that. laugh.gif I loved that moment between Aravi and Kharjo. Thanks Grits!

###########################

After a brief tour of Jorvaskr, Aravi receives her first contract as part of the Companions.

TIME: 5:08

Aravi completes her contract.

TIME: 11:57

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 24 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #405

Ancient
Group Icon

For a minute in the Companion's hall there were about 10 people talking at once, lol. Loved Aravi's attack on the Forsworn redoubt, that was one of my favorite mini-quests. What was that scroll she used on Kharjo before the fight? That "Call to Arms" or something? What does it do? Awesome vids !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 24 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #406

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 24 2012, 09:44 AM) *

What was that scroll she used on Kharjo before the fight? That "Call to Arms" or something? What does it do? Awesome vids !!!

Taken from the wiki, it does this:

Fortify Marksman, 25 pts for 600 secs in 100 ft
Fortify One-handed, 25 pts for 600 secs in 100 ft
Fortify Two-handed, 25 pts for 600 secs in 100 ft
Fortify Health, 25 pts for 600 secs in 100 ft
Fortify Stamina, 25 pts for 600 secs in 100 ft

Again Aravi was experimenting with spells and didn't realize it put on such a spectacular show. So much for stealth.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 24 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #407

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 24 2012, 11:25 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 24 2012, 09:44 AM) *

What was that scroll she used on Kharjo before the fight? That "Call to Arms" or something? What does it do? Awesome vids !!!

Taken from the wiki, it does this:

Fortify Marksman, 25 pts for 600 secs in 100 ft
Fortify One-handed, 25 pts for 600 secs in 100 ft
Fortify Two-handed, 25 pts for 600 secs in 100 ft
Fortify Health, 25 pts for 600 secs in 100 ft
Fortify Stamina, 25 pts for 600 secs in 100 ft

Again Aravi was experimenting with spells and didn't realize it put on such a spectacular show. So much for stealth.

It was pretty spectacular - but wow! That is one awesome scroll !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 24 2012, 04:51 PM
Post #408

Councilor
Group Icon

Ah, walking in on Skjor and Aela. A fine Companions tradition. Sure there’s nothing going on between them.

Wow, Farkas is a giant from Aravi’s perspective. I’ve only seen Jorrvaskr with Jensa and *sob* Brynja. What a welcome from the Sheild-Siblings. I laughed when Kharjo sniffed. Maybe he smells something funny.

That was a major job for Aravi’s first contract! I need to take a look at my scrolls, that Call to Arms looks awesome! It would be handy to have your allies glowing a little during the civil war battles.

That place had a lot of traps! You gave a great sense of the layout and space as Aravi and Kharjo took care of business. This was an especially fun adventure to watch! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Grits: Mar 24 2012, 04:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 24 2012, 05:05 PM
Post #409

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 24 2012, 11:51 AM) *

I laughed when Kharjo sniffed. Maybe he smells something funny.

Yeah, like a cat accidentally walking into the dog pound or something, ROFL !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 25 2012, 12:02 AM
Post #410

Paladin
Group Icon

Vid 1: I’m with Grits – that Farkas has a set of shoulders on him. I really liked that animation by Ria (newest Companion before Aravi) - checking her sword while talking to Aravi.

That was sad when she found the dead milk drinker Khajiit on the road. sad.gif The bear trap was cool though, as was the dead Khajiit’s tail still moving around. I know, I’m easily captivated. . . tongue.gif

Vid 2: Wow, Aravi can really slice and dice her foes with those dual blades! After clearing that outdoor camp, the combination of music and Kharjo’s words as she was sharing inventory with him was beautiful.

Inside the bluffs, Aravi's ability to find and take care of traps was great, as always. I thought her little mage light spell was neat! How very handy!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 27 2012, 05:16 PM
Post #411

Master
Group Icon

@mALX: She originally intended to sneak around and snipe them quietly with her bow, but she had no idea the call to arms spell was that spectacular. Lol. Thanks mALX!

@Grits: Aravi is quite small. I don’t know how large Farkas is, but female Khajiit are at .95 and I scaled Aravi down to .93. She was that same size in Oblivion too.

Call to Arms would be much more useful with a large group I expect. smile.gif Thanks Grits!

@Acadian: The roads are dangerous for the unprepared. It’s still sad to find someone like that though.

Mage light is one of my favorite spells in the game. Aravi will use it when she’s certain it’s safe to be producing a light. Thanks Acadian!

######################################

After Aravi completed her contract for the Companions, she travels back to Whiterun and runs into an old enemy.

TIME: 6:55

Back in Whiterun she turns in her contract and returns to her home.

TIME: 7:46

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 27 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #412

Ancient
Group Icon

Aravi does not care for boasting. She is definitely not a True Nord!

I see Farkas is not on good terms with soap. It seems most of them are like that.

I love how everyone ignores that Kharjo is standing there. Especially when she goes into what looks like the female quarters.

Weird how that dead guy's tail just stuck straight up in the air and waved around.

Those looked like Thalmor up the hill from Aravi. I can always tell them from that ape-like walk of theirs.

Was that 1st person kill cam against the Forsworn? Is that something new with patch 1.5?

Good, Aravi saw the trap in the Serpent's Bluff Ruins. I wish there was some way you could disable those pressure plates. Followers all seem to have a magical ability to step on them.

That Hagraven did not last long. Usually they are tough.

Vampires in Broken Fang Cave! (I guess it is kind of obvious given the name wink.gif) That Master Vampire did not last long either! Aravi is a whirlwind of steel!

Those light spells make a neat sound when Aravi shoots them off.

Uh oh, Aravi feels a strange thirst when the sun sets! I love how she shook her head Noooo! She better get off to the Temple of Kynareth!

She didn't go to the temple? And she killed Lydia when she woke up! Uh oh! Oh noes, Kharjo too! Well this has certainly taken a turn!

You had certainly better not sleep in that bed ever again! Thank goodness it was just a dream/vision of impending doom, and not the real thing.

I think she should stock up on a few more of those cure disease potions. Though she could have gotten healed for free at the temple.

I see she has the Lord Stone going too. Hrafn does as well. It seems to really help, especially the magic resistance.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 27 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #413

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh, NO!! Not again! Argh! Poor Aravi!

During the dream I was yelling at the screen, just like watching a horror movie. (At home, of course. I don’t yell much at the theater.) Then she had to wait pacing around for Arcadia to get her act together. She came all the way to Skyrim only to have the same thing haunting her! That moment of soul-searching out on the plains reminded me of how she looked up at the mountains when she was still in Cyrodiil. sad.gif I am again amazed by how much you can convey without Aravi speaking a word. Great job, and I am on pins and needles wondering what she's deciding. Hopefully she'll keep Kharjo with her, even though she might have nightmares. It was so sad when she and Vilja parted ways.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 28 2012, 12:06 AM
Post #414

Paladin
Group Icon

Vid 1. I continue to love how Kharjo reacts when Aravi heals him. Wow, she loosed some serious shock damage on that skellie! Vampires, bloody rags and human hearts – no wonder Aravi was shaking her head. I like how she reconnoiters into dark corners with her little light spell; I sometimes do the same in OB with a flare spell.

Vid 2. Yikes! That strange thirst as the sun sets. I was shaking my head right along with Aravi. Oh and the nightmare! Aravi left Cyrodiil to escape from all that. You fully capture her mood throughout. I’m sure at the end, her thoughts were ranging from memories of leaving Vilja behind, to fears for Kharjo’s safety, to frustration, anger and possibly even leaping off that high cliff. The magical combination of Aravi’s character with your vid skills is stunning, and this vid is a superb example of why.
goodjob.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 28 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #415

Ancient
Group Icon

I didn't know it was going to be a vampire lair! Urk !!!

GAAAAH! You feel a strange thirst...ARGH !!! The nightmare was back, thank goodness Aravi was able to cure it! URK !! Loved Aravi's pacing in front of the Alchemy shop, lol. Great Vids !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 30 2012, 04:27 PM
Post #416

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa: They don’t really have female and male quarters. Men just sleep on one half of the room, the women sleep on the other half.

First person kill cams are not new with 1.5. I made that video at the beginning of February.

I actually got a mod that gives all followers the ‘light step’ perk or whatever it’s called. It’s not in the videos yet, but it’s coming.

She didn’t go to the temple for a couple of reasons. In general she isn’t close to the Nine or any of the Daedra. Second, I pretend that you have to gain favor with one of the Divines before they’ll grant you a blessing. If it was a temple of Mara, Aravi could have gotten a blessing because of what she did in Dawnstar.

Lord Stone has been a favorite. I think if Aravi stumbles over the Atronach Stone she might take that one. Thanks SubRosa!

@Grits: Well, your reaction to the video was definitely what I was looking for! laugh.gif

Traveling to Skyrim did slow the disease quite a bit, her body’s kept ahead of is on its own. That encounter with the vampires woke it up though. Thanks Grits!

@Acadian: Even her cat vision can’t pierce some of those dark corners. The light spell is wonderful for that! I love Kharjo’s comment when he’s healed. Some of the other characters say funny things too.

She tried to escape the nightmares, but I suppose that really isn’t something you can run from is it? Thanks Acadian!

@mALX: You could say that Aravi felt something while she was on the road that drew her to the lair.

I really like the way vampirism is handled in Skyrim better than Oblivion. That strange thirst was an awesome indicator. Of course Aravi wasn’t sure what it was. Thanks mALX!

#########################

After spending a day on her own, Aravi returns to Whiterun and decides to accept another job from the Companions.

Time: 5:02

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 30 2012, 05:28 PM
Post #417

Ancient
Group Icon

I loved her coming home and finding Kharjo cooking !! That was Awesome !!! Also loved seeing Farkas again. This mission with Farkas was my fave quest in the game, wished he could have been my 'Shield Brother' throughout, lol. Awesome vid, short but sweet !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 31 2012, 12:04 AM
Post #418

Paladin
Group Icon

The first minute and a half of this was simply glorious! What a beautiful day of roaming Aravi’s Skyrim! happy.gif

The animations of Kharjo cooking were very neat. How his eyes followed Aravi, stirring the pot, tapping the spoon against the pot. I was very nervous when she lingered over the ‘Adios amigo’ talk option! ohmy.gif

So, she’ll be traveling with Farkas for this quest. I like him. He doesn’t seem too smart, but he looks like he can break heads. viking.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 31 2012, 04:17 AM
Post #419

Councilor
Group Icon

What a beautiful spot to start the video. Fun to see the mammoths and a distant dragon on her way back to town. Some very Skyrim sights. happy.gif

Oh, Kharjo was making dinner!! I love that he has a life of his own while Aravi is busy. Aravi had me very nervous, thinking about letting him go.

Skjor was funny saying that Farkas would answer any questions. Right. Just don’t make him do any math. How fun that Farkas is wearing the wolf armor! I like that on him much better than the steel.

I’m looking forward to the mission! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 31 2012, 08:42 PM
Post #420

Ancient
Group Icon

I agree with the others. That was a beautiful spot that Aravi started in. Well worth taking the time to drink in the view.

Looks like a giant camp up ahead there. They must be cold-blooded, because they always have a gigantic bonfire going.

And back to Whiterun. That is always a great place to look at the stars. I hope Kharjo was cooking up some good tuna stew.

So Aravi might become A True Companion? I am sure Kharjo would like that. They might even go Walking In Memphis together. wink.gif

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 31 2012, 08:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

71 Pages V « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:56 PM