3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vengeance, I'm trying my hand at this thing
Soulseeker3.0
post Oct 31 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

Hello... i have some sad news.... Well it involves my story, the main reason I haven't been updating is because i can't find my notebook.... another reason is that I'm to lazy to clean my room to find it, so yeah I'm planning on cleaning this weekend. Have fun for Halloween and don't scare to many kiddies IPB Image

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Nov 1 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #22

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Well I'll be waiting until you continue Seeker, I'm interested in finding out what happens next so I'll be reading. biggrin.gif

P.S. Find that notebook.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
minque
post Nov 1 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #23

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Nov 1 2006, 09:51 PM) *

Well I'll be waiting until you continue Seeker, I'm interested in finding out what happens next so I'll be reading. biggrin.gif

P.S. Find that notebook.

So right....you just find it ya hear? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Taillus
post Nov 1 2006, 11:50 PM
Post #24

Knower
Group Icon

Hey it could be worse... You could have vanished without a trace like myself indifferent.gif Hopefully you can find that notebook and continue!

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Nov 22 2006, 01:31 AM
Post #25

Master
Group Icon

<snip>

I really hope this makes up for my slacking, and i had lots of fun with this update. I also loved creating this character he's cool (ps, i'm fairly religious, i'm just playing off a stereotype so please don't flame me biggrin.gif)

without further adieu I present to you Vengeance *bow*

BAM

Ty worked his way to his feet and brushed of the dirt from his cloak, using the dying fire to examine the freshly torn holes. “Damn, not even a day later and I’ve already gotten into trouble.” Ty looked down the path the way he came from, seeing a straight path and the trees were thinning out. Then Ty looked down the way he was going, seeing the trees do the exact opposite, and the path winding in and out of the trees.

Ty fell on his back and stared up at the sky, torn between the wanting to give up and the want, no, the need to finish what he started. Ty turned his head to look down the darker path and sighed. Rolling onto his side, Ty grabbed the blanket he had and tried to get back asleep before the sun came. The last thought that went through his head almost jerked him back awake.

Wait, I didn’t have a nightmare

-----

Ty woke up to an old man poking a gnarled stick in his face. Waving his hands at the stick he moaned.

What does it take to get some sleep in this world

“I’m tired, lemme be.”

“Nuh-uh young man, today is the holy day of life. It is when we celebrate the goddess’s choice to breathe life into this desolate world and give us the necessities of life. Water to drink, air to breathe.”

During the old man’s shpeal, the man seemed to gain the vigor and energy suiting a man half his age and Ty racked his waking brain for any clue as to what he was rambling about.

Ah, common, Malachi must have mentioned something. I’m pretty sure that old buzzard practiced the major religion of the land

“the dirt to grow our crops and-”

“Hold on there, you’re talking about the goddess Ishnar right? Isn’t she that one deity with-”

The old man acted like he almost had a heart attack and waved his stick in the air. “That one deity!? Pah! She’s the only deity! Now, anyway, getting onto the reason I woke you. I set off from the Desert City of Subsnar, and I planned my travel time wrong. You see, I was supposed to complete my pilgrimage about a week ago, but I ran into trouble with bandits. They let me go though, fancy that!”

“Yes, fancy that.” Ty rolled his eyes. Ty stood up and slung his pack on his back.

“I’m not done yet. Anyway, I need someone to complete the ceremony of thanks with.” The old man placed the end of stick firmly on the ground between his legs and rested his chin on his hands.

Ty looked at the old man’s toothy grin and sighed, “What do I need to do?”

During the whole ordeal Ty kept glancing up at the sun as it peaked through the tree canopy, getting hit by the old man each time as well. Helping along with the preparations and the ‘service’ Ty experienced an odd feeling, a strange belonging and, at the same time, a wanting to leave the old man when his back was turned.

After the old man finished the last stanza of the reading, he closed the book and offered it to Ty. “I thank you for your help, as lousy as it was, it helped me. I want you to have this, to further yourself in the ways of Ishnar.”

Ty looked startled at the old man’s actions. “But, if I take your book, you won’t have one for yourself.”

The old man laughed, “No, I have another copy at my home in Subsnar, and I’m can easily get another one from the temple in the next city. Besides, I’m sure you need it more then I do.” The old man nudged the book in Ty’s direction and loosened his grip on the book.

Ty grabbed the falling book and eased it into his pack. “Well I thank you, but I must be going.” Ty turned away from the old man and headed deeper into the forest.

Almost immediately after heading away, Ty felt a pain in his side, reaching for his sword, Ty turned to see the old man with the stick lowering the one end back to the ground.

“I see you are going in the same direction as am I. Would it be to much of a strain on your generosity if I joined you?”

At that moment a war broke out, in Ty’s head. Half of his senses waged on for leaving the crazy old nut of a man behind, while the other sections retaliated by claiming any company is good company at this point. Eventually the latter of the two forces pulled a pincher move on the former and defeated them with minimal casualties.

After what seemed like an eternity Ty finally spoke up, “No, you can come, I rather have someone other then myself to talk about on this trip.” Ty gave a weak smile to the beaming old man.

“Well then I might as well offer my name. Thaddeus Araman, At your service.” And with that, the unlikely party continued deeper into the forest talking about a wide array of subjects, most of which being about religion.

Yet the same though form last night kept bouncing around in the back of Ty’s head.

I didn’t have a nightmare last night.

---

Before Ty knew it, the two came to a crossroad, “Memphis or Alacope? Damn, I don’t know.” Ty looked at Thaddeus, “which way are you headed?”

“Ha ha, I’m going to go through Alacope, nice town, watch your coin pouch though, more thieves and scum then the dungeons of Havenwood.”

“Good enough for me.” Ty and Thaddeus walked down the winding road toward Alacope.

“Then you don’t know where you are going?”

“What?”

“I said, then you don’t know where you’re going. You didn’t care which way your going.”

“Oh yeah, I’m trying to figure stuff out and don’t know where to start looking.” Ty looked up at the green canopy and closed his eyes.

The old man gave a strange grin, “Well, I put you on the right track.”

“Phwhat?” Ty’s eyes snapped open and he looked around for the old man, only to see the breeze sweep leaves and dirt around him.

Suddenly, a voice came from above the trees, “It was good to see you again, I wish you luck on you quest. Remember, we will be watching your tale unfold.”

Ty shuddered and thought about sitting down but decided to drudge on, “Can’t let my own father down.”

This post has been edited by Soulseeker3.0: Dec 16 2006, 04:36 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Dec 16 2006, 05:18 AM
Post #26

Master
Group Icon

Interesting conversation with that old man; quite the characterization of the old dude as well. He was neat.

Also I don't mind the religious influences in writing, as long as it doesn't sound too preachy, which yours wasn't. I thought it was well integrated. Look at the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. That story was very influenced by religious, in a subtle, but evident way.

Heh, you probably could've just double posted though, I'm sure the moderators wouldn't have minded since it was awile since you last updated. Hopefully you'll get into a rythym once again.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
ugmung
post Jan 20 2007, 03:02 PM
Post #27

Retainer

ah
great story
very suspensefull and full of smartass remarks
love it
more?
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Feb 2 2007, 05:07 AM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Here's more... i found out that there isn't much to do on a Thursday night biggrin.gif enjoy!

---------------

The rest of the day passed slowly. Some time before midday there was a clap of thunder above the canopy and the sound of millions of raindrops falling on leaves erupted above Ty. He was at once grateful for the lush canopy, allowing little rain to fall upon the path.

A few candle-marks later, Ty stopped off to the side of the road to fix up a small meal and continued his way, snacking as he went.

The next few hours were a blur for Ty. He read a bit from the old man’s book, and was just in the middle of putting the book away when a big cold drops of water started to hit his head. Ty jerked his head up see the trees were thinning out and, more importantly, the city of Alacope was across a field of knee-high grass.

Ty donned his hood and trudged across the now-soaked path with the big large sun slowly falling on the horizon. With the sun already halfway set, Ty came to the town gate, with a slim, and very alone, guard. Removing his hood, Ty stood there and looked at the guard, who, in turn, just raised an eyebrow at Ty.

After standing in the rain for a minute, Ty finally spoke up, “I’d like to get into the city.”

The guard looked over to the sun, “Nu-uh. City’s closed.” The guard paused with a smug look on his face “For the night. Come back tomorrow.”

“What!? Closed? Damn-it, I want in. It isn’t even after sunset yet!” Ty pointed at the sun, which had just under a quarter of itself peaking over the horizon at the two figures.

The guard looked at Ty, and then stared blankly at the sun, and watched it go under the lip of the horizon. “It is now.”

“It wasn’t when I got here! Now I demand-” The guard cut him off.

“Now, I’ll be the only one demanding anything, and I demand that you and-”

“Wrong again. Private.” A new voice called from a window near the gate and a head wasn’t far behind. “I have a whole line of people here complaining that they can’t sleep. Open the damn gate so the damn runt can get in and shuddup.”

The head moved away from the window but right as the guard was about to open his mouth the head popped back for a final comment

“And so I can get some sleep.”

“Yes, Cap’n.” The guard muttered as he gave a sloppy salute and went to a crank behind him. “You had best be happy the captain came when he did. Else you would have been sorry.”

The gate came to a clanking halt and Ty walked in and gave a curt nod to the guard, who scowled and hit the release peg, which caused the gate to come down behind Ty. Ty looked upon the city, only to meet angered townsfolk on their ways back home.

“Eh-heh, sorry guys, didn’t know people were sleeping.”

The town citizens glared at him and went into their houses, leaving Ty alone in a dark street, illuminated only by the moon.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Feb 2 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #29

Master
Group Icon

Good to see you getting back to updating this. Keep them coming! Ya hear?

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 4 2007, 04:20 AM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

*sigh* i know... and i'm sorry...BUT without further adieu, i give you some Vengeance! (okay so i lied, i wanna talk some)

yeah, i had this all typed out (and more) once but i accidently exited out of word without saving.... so yeah... this is all i had the patience to re-type... but yeah, please, enjoy.

---------------------------------------
Meandering through the streets, Ty looked upon the closed shop stalls. Every so often there was a light hidden behind a curtain from a bedside candle, but other then that, the market place was dead. Pacing the cobblestone road, Ty looked around at the houses on the street.

After a few minutes, Ty noticed that there was one street with bright lights and a slight trace of music. Upon arrival of the street Ty noticed that both sides of the street were swamped with Taverns. The Gutted Boar. The Twin Arrows. The Golden Tankard. Ty stuck his head into each of them, only to find packed, even at this time of night.

Ty eventually came to a smaller tavern, The Pitted Blades, it wasn’t packed and the minstrel wasn’t the absolute worst thing he had ever heard. When Ty walked in all conversation stopped as heads swiveled towards the door to inspect the newcomer.

Awkwardly making his way to the bar, Ty found a stool and shrugged off the eyes that he could feel boring into his back. After reaching the bar, Ty looked around and realized there was no rooms leading off from this one.

“Bloody ‘ell,” Ty muttered under his breath, “There goes the idea of sleeping tonight.”

Suddenly a gruff voice tore Ty from planning his evening, “You gonna get somethin’ or are ya gonna gawk at mah establishment?”

Ty looked up to see a man the size of an ogre, and with the smell of one too, “Uh… yeah… I’d like a drink, whatever’s cheap.”

Ty didn’t notice the stifled laughter from the people in earshot of the conversation as he pulled a mug out from his pack. The Barkeep looked Ty over, “Hmph, your funeral.”

The Barkeep wrenched the mug out from Ty’s grip and filled it to the brim with a liquid that, even under the dim light of the tavern, didn’t look healthy. Ty grimaced as he lifted it to his mouth.

- - - - - - - -

Only a few mugs later and Ty was to drunk to care, and continued to ask for more, but just when Ty was in the middle of his mug, two men took places on either side of Ty.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Apr 4 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

Ooooo a cliffie. Glad to see you posting this story once more. Your idea of a storyline was always an intriguing one. I hope you'll find time to continue this one Soulseeker.

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post Apr 7 2007, 04:47 PM
Post #32

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Yes!!! You´re back up and posting again! Great Soulie..just great....I like to have you around here you know! So keep it up now ok?

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 12 2007, 05:17 AM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

Heh, wow, two updates within a month of each other??? its a sign of the apocalypse biggrin.gif yeah, i didn't want to leave you guys hanging to long... i'm not that mean. and yes, i know there is a lot of dialog... get used to it biggrin.gif

but anywho, here ya go
-------------------------------------------------
The man on Ty’s right slapped his hand on Ty’s back, “Hail friend!”

The other lifted his mug to Ty, “yeah, how ya doin’?”

Ty looked from his mug to the guy on his right to the guy on his left, “Meh, doing good enough.”

The two men looked at each other and smiled and the one on the right spoke up, “Well, my name’s Jack.”

“An’ I’m Jake.”

“Well… nice to meet ‘cha I guess. My name’s Ty.”

“Yeah, well, it’s nice to meet you as well.” Jack allowed a slight smile to creep onto his face as he looked over Ty.

Jake looked into his mug and smiled, “Yeah, so… how about a drink for our new comrade?”

Ty held his mug upside down indicating it was empty. “Well, that is what I came here for… well, seeing as there are no rooms to sleep in I might as well.”

Jack let a deep friendly laugh emerge from his gut, “Aye, well, looks like you ended up being in the right place at the right time.”

Jake waved down the bartender, “Could you just leave a pitcher here Max?”

The bartender rolled his eyes and took Jake’s money and left a pitcher full of the same grog Ty’s been drinking all night on the bar within arm’s reach.

Ty rose is eyebrow suspiciously but didn’t get any farther, seeing as though his mug was promptly filled.

- - - - - -

A few candle marks later, Jack and Jake were ‘helping’ they’re new friend Ty out the back door into the side alley.

Jack and Jake threw Ty’s limp body to the ground into a muddy puddle, causing rats to scatter away from the falling water.

“Humph, took the honoured user long enough.” Jack spat on Ty as he rustled through Ty’s cloak looking for his money pouch.

“Yeah, tell me about it.” Jake started taking off Ty’s cuirass and lifted it into the dim light to try and estimate how much they could get for it.

Jack smiled and turned to Jake, “Man, I never get tired of this job. The people ‘round here seem to get dumber and dumber.”

Jake chuckled in agreement, “yeah, it’s brilliant ain’t it? Well, this stuff should fetch us a pretty penny. I mean, look at this stuff, excellent quality and this sword has better balance then we normally come across.”

“I dunno Jake, this looks one of a kind, and it might be hard to find a fence that’d be stupid enough to buy all this stuff. Even if they were stupid enough to place the deal, it might be a low sell just because of the fact. We might as well keep it for ourselves, sometimes things do get hairy and I’ve been needing an upgrade from this bloody saber.” Jack unsheathed his blade to reveal a rather old but well kept saber.

Jake stopped pilfering long enough to inspect a piece, “well, I see what you mean. And you do need a new weapon. That one doesn’t have the edge it used to.”

Jack bent over to pick up Ty’s rut sack, “I dunno, well, let’s get all this and get out of here. I don’t want to-”

“I thought I told you two not to show your faces around here again. Now get your asses moving before we have a repeat performance of last time.”

The two thieves dropped what they were handling and looked up at the voice, which came from a figure sitting on the tavern roof above them.

“One,” The figure reached into its pocket and flung a dagger down at the two. A glint of light was all that they could see before the dagger was sticking out of the ground right in front of Jack.

“Okay, OKAY! We’re out of here! Won’t happen again, Miss!” Jack and Jake bolted from the alley, leaving their payday behind.

The figure laughed at the sound of the two fleeing as it jumped off the roof and softly landed on the ground near Ty, wrenching her dagger out of the ground.

“Well, let’s see what we have here.” The figure picked up the discarded rut sack and started rustling through it when a wave of familiarity washed over her. The figure slowly turned around and rolled Ty over with her foot so she could see his face.

“Wow, are you always getting into trouble? Humph, I’d hate to see your home.” The Rogue chuckled at her own joke and let a shrill whistle pierce the air, cutting through the noise produced by all of the surrounding taverns. Moments later a small rag-tag group swarmed the alley. After everyone was there, a big brute spoke up.

“What ‘cha want us to do Miss?”

“Well, you can pick him up, everyone else? Gather all the things scattered over around his body, chances are, whatever it is, it’s his. We’re calling it a night.”

A slim girl with red short hair and two curved blades arched across her back spoke up, “So’s, dat mean…”

The Rogue slightly pursed her lips, “yeah, we’re taking him back with us.”

The group just stood there and looked at each other, seeing who’ll make the first move.

The Rogue rolled her eyes, “Oh come off it guys! If anything, I’ll get compassion from Blaine and you know it.”

Eventually the brute bent over and threw Ty over his shoulder as if it were a sack of potatoes.

“Thank you Dozer.”

“Yeah, uh, let’s just get home. Hungry.”

One by one the rest of the group collected the items that the would-be thieves discarded.

A slim robed man walked over to Dozer after picking up Ty’s cuirass and muttered with a slight smirk, “You’re a big push over ya know? I have a feeling in my gut that this won’t turn out to well for us.”

“Come on Jonas, you’re always feeling something or another.”

“This time’s different, I’m positive this won’t turn out well.”

“Oh well, it’s already done, only one way to find out if your ‘feeling’ has any truth. Lets head back, the rest of the group’s comin’.”

Jonas sighed and shook his head. “Fine, I’m slightly hungry as well.”

Dozer and Jonas waited for the rest of the group to catch up and then the all headed back to the base in a foreboding mood.

The Rouge followed the group at a slight distance, unaffected by the aura, she was already pondering what will have to happen next, and was preparing for the argument ahead.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Apr 12 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #34

Master
Group Icon

I don't mind dialogue at all! Especially when this dialogue is written well enough that there's still character to it. I wonder what Ty will think when he comes too. I'm sure his head will feel like hell.

Morale of the update: Act suspicious of friendly strangers looking to get ya drunk.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Jul 9 2007, 07:26 AM
Post #35

Master
Group Icon

Two things to say...

1) Sorry (again)

2) It's Christmas in July. Enjoy

-----------------------------------

Ty slowly because aware of his surroundings and quickly came to the conclusion that he, quite frankly, felt like compassion. As he stared at the ceiling through groggy eyes, he moaned.

“Oh goddess, the hell am I-”

Ty twitched and vomited into a well-placed bucket. A thin man leaning up against the wall looked up from cleaning his nails with his knife and laughed.

He called out the door, “Well Miss, ‘E iz back to the land of the living, but still looks like compassion.”

The man kicked himself off of the wall and walked out of the room. When Ty looked up from the bucket he saw The Rogue standing in the doorway looking down at him.

“Crap.” Ty looked around, “Where the hell did I put my-” Ty looked under the sheets, “Clothes!?”

The Rogue took a seat in the chair near the dresser across the room. “Humph, well, you’re welcome. You weren’t in to good of a condition when we found you. By the way, your armor is in the wardrobe and everything else is sitting on the dresser.” She pointed to the wardrobe and dresser respectively.

“Uh, yeah, thanks, but what happened?” Ty moved and got into a more sitting position on the bed, “All I remember is these two guys offered me a drink, or two.”

The Rogue just looked at Ty with a blank face and shook her head, “Wow, you didn’t grow up here in town did you?”

“No… I grew up in the middle of nowhere.”

“Figured, because you got conned by two bastards who have apparently decided that our group’s ground is easy picking.” The Rogue growled and clenched her fist

“Uh-huh… yeah… well, thanks again, but I didn’t catch-” Ty started but the door was abruptly opened as Dozer stuck his head into the room.

Dozer gave Ty a quick glance but then turned to the Rogue. “Sorry Miss, but Blaine is coming to see ya.”

She brought her fist to her face and grimaced as it hit, “By the goddess, damn. Not like I have much choice.”

Dozer carefully closed the door only to have it be thrown open with such force that Ty was surprised it hadn’t shattered on impact with the stone wall behind it.

An older slim man, Ty assumed to be in his late forties, immediately followed the door and stepped into the middle of the room.

The Man, whom Ty assumed to be Blaine, had his light brown hair pulled back into a pony tail so that it came down to his shoulders.

“Dam-it Dalave! You can’t bring people here!”

The Rouge, Dalave, rose to confront the infuriated Blaine. “Come off it boss, He was out until only a tick or two ago. ‘Sides.” Dalave forced herself to finish, “’Sides, I owe him.”

Blaine looked at Dalave with a raised eye and leaned up against the wardrobe door.

Dalave, still hesitant in telling that she made a mistake, continued slowly, “You remember the night of the festival? I decided to see what I couldn’t pick-up before I came back so I decided to filch something from a harmless traveler. Instead, I ran into him,” Dalave pointed at Ty in the bed. “He set up a small camp off the side of the road and I couldn’t resist.”

Dalave had worked her way back to the seat near the dresser and she sat down, resting her hands on the arm rests. “I must have had more of that Crispen Ale then I thought. I was digging through his rut sack faster then I usually would and made a bit more noise. So, naturally, he woke up and…” Dalave trailed off.

But apparently Blaine had heard enough for he looked over at Ty and threw his arms up in the air. “That still doesn’t excuse you to bring him into the base! I don’t care who they are or what they’ve done for you. For all we know he could be a bloody spy from none other than His Majesty, the King.”

Blaine said those last words with such disgust Ty almost covered his mouth for fear of catching the disease.

“Or he could even just be a thief that wants all the reward with no work, pah, the coward.”

Ty sat up in bed and called out to defend himself, “Sir, I’m ri-”

“Shut up you.” Blaine shoved a finger in Ty’s direction but returned his flaming brown eyes to Dalave, “Dalave, either you get rid of him, or I will get rid of you.”

Dalave clenched her fists and seemed to grow at least double in size when she rose to Blaine. “WHAT!? You can’t do that to me! You seem to forget who pulls the most to keep this operation up and running!”

Ty shrunk back into the bed preparing for a fight. Blaine, on the other hand, seemed unfazed by Dalave’s rage and returned her tone, “And you seem to have forgotten who is in charge of this operation. I may have given you a longer leash then the others but it is still precisely that. A LEASH! One that I can shorten. At will.”

Blaine quickly composed himself and right before Dalave was about to burst he added more wood to Dalave’s already growing temper. “Besides, that new recruit shows promise.”

“Khadgar!? He has less brains then the short end of the stick!”

“That may be so, but he is nearly as good as you are. But he can follow the rules better. You have three candlemarks to get rid of him,” Blaine jerked his head in Ty’s direction, “out of here.”

Blaine then turned and then left the room as quickly as he came, and before Dalave could sit back down, they heard Blaine rebuking some other person down the hall.

“compassion.” Dalave collapsed into the chair and bit her lip.

After staring at her for a few moments, Ty found his voice. “Erm, I can leave. I don’t really want to be here anyhow. Now if I could just get my clothes.”

Looking up at Ty, Dalave had a slight smirk on her face, “You really amaze me, ‘cuz you just don’t get it. I have to kill you or leave.”

Ty’s face when as pale as the sheet his was grasping onto. “Oh.”

“Yeah, I mean, I guess I could kill you, but if you really are- Dozer!”

It seemed that Dozer stepped into the room even before Dalave called his name, “Yes Miss?”

“I want you to gather the squad, get them all in here.”

Dozer nodded and left to room, closing the door behind him. Once the door was closed, a slender chick with long dirty blonde hair appeared in one of the corners of the room.
The lady moved over to Dalave’s chair and asked, “So what are we going to do now Dalave?”

Dalave didn’t even have to look up, “Hmph, I should have known you would have been here. Well, WE aren’t doing anything, I’m taking my leave. Heh, ‘sides, Blaine was starting to piss me off.”

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 9 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

And so things get complicated. I think Blaine isn't going to be happy once he find out that a large troop of his people left him. They'll be consequences to pay I expect.

Wonderful update, Soulseeker!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 9 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

Consequences? Who cares about consequences? Show me one consequence I can't remedy with a fireball. Err, except dead people. Can't remedy those with fire. laugh.gif

Ah, I like the work you've put into this.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Jul 10 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

Thanks MM and Jack.

I messed this whole scene up but i like how it turned out.... only problem is that a few things i wanted the people to say wouldn't have fit in this layout. *shrug* can win it all i guess.

Enjoy.

----------------------------------

The man who was in the room when Ty first woke up came into the room, “Well Miss, We’re all ‘ere, but I can’t find Victoria.” He then noticed her standing near Dalave. “Well, we couldn’t find ‘er.”

“Yeah, I was here the whole time Zach.”

Zach shrugged, “ ‘Ey, works for me. Com on in guys, she’s already in here.”

Three more people came into the room making the small room fairly crowded with the seven people. Some grabbed a seat or the table while others leaned up against the wall.

Jonas eagerly questioned Dalave, “So Miss, what’re we going to do?”

Dalave looked remotely surprised, “How’d you all hear?”

Jonas replied sourly, “Well, you and Blaine was shoutin’ so it really wasn’t that hard.”

“Well that saves time then. I’m sorry guys, but I can’t kill this kid. And that means you know my alternative.”

Dozer spoke up, “So, that means we’re leavin’ right?

Dalave sagged in her chair but right before she could reply the red head hit Dozer upside the head, “No you doof, Dalave’s sayin’ that she’s ditchin’ us to go off with this punk while we have to stay and train with that new kid. Well, Dalave, if you can’t kill ‘im, then I’ll do it for ya.”

The Red Head pulled one of her scimitars from its sheath on her back and brought it down toward a wide-eyed Ty. Dalave flew across the room and brought a dagger up to the Red Head’s throat and another under the falling blade.

After she made sure she stopped the blade, Dalave whispered into the Red Head’s ear, “Nania, you are a great comrade, and I love ya like a sister, BUT if you kill him then I will have no qualms against slicing your throat.”

The quiet room somehow became even quieter. No one moved, everyone’s eyes on Dalave and Nania, and the silence was deafening. Eventually Nania raised her sword and slid it back into its sheath and Dalave walked away. Nania glared at Ty and then stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her. It was now an awkward silence, and the rest of the people made their exit until it was only Dalave, Ty, and Dozer.

“Well, if you ever need anything, you know where to come.” Dozer slowly turned and left the room.

After sitting quietly through the whole situation, Ty finally spoke up, “Eh heh, well, thanks for not letting me die I guess. What’s up with her anyways?”

Dalave opened the dresser and pulled out some clothes, “She doesn’t talk about it much, her life before Blaine took her in that is, and from what I’ve heard it’s a small wonder. Her family used to travel around the world, but when she was about seven her mom died and, even though they continued traveling, her father wasn’t the same. Once when they were returning home from the grand capital city, they got stopped from bandits. Instead of facing the bandits himself; he used her as a bargaining chip.”

Dalave tossed the clothes to Ty, “And even I haven’t heard of what the Bandits did to her, but I can imagine a few things and just the thought makes me want to puke. But that’s all I’ve heard, put those on and meet me outside of the room.”

Dalave calmly walked out of the room and shut the door behind her. Before Ty could swing his legs out of the bed though, a person appeared on the dresser. She looked over at Ty and jumped down.

Once he recognized her as Victoria he finally spoke up, “Can I help you with something?”

Victoria smirked and shook her head, “Nah, I was just wantin’ to see what was so damned special about you that would make Dalave leave this place.”

She brushed her blond hair out of her eyes and took a good long look at Ty, “Well, I can’t tell, other than that funny scar over your eye, you’re pretty much the same as any other kid I’ve seen. Then again, Dalave is smart so I don’t doubt she knows what she’s doing. ”

Victoria turned from Ty and headed to the door, “Oh, wait, one more thing.” Victoria turned back around and gave Ty a piercing look, “If I find out that you let anything happen to Dalave while you’re with her, then you best as hell pray to the goddess that I don’t find you, in an alley or in the main street. I won’t hold back.”

Ty could feel the warmth radiate from Victoria’s clenched fists. And with that Victoria shocked Ty with a cheerful smile and then left the room, leaving Ty to change. After changing into a relatively clean pair of clothes, Ty started to think.

:What have I gotten myself into? I mean, I know that this wasn’t going to be easy but I only left three days ago and I’ve already ran into a group of thieves. By the goddess, I should have just stayed home with Malachi. Speaking of Malachi, I wonder how the old bat’s doing with me gone.:

Ty shrugged after he pulled the cuirass over his head and grabbed a robe from the wardrobe. After throwing on the robe, he tossed his helm into his sack and strapped his sword to his side. Grabbing his sack he walked through the door to the awaiting Dalave.

This post has been edited by Soulseeker3.0: Jul 10 2007, 06:19 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 12 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

There's always something horribly disturbing about people who threaten you one moment, yet give a cute smile the next second. That's probably why I like reading about those kinds of characters. They're unpredictable. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 12 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #40

Master
Group Icon

Hmm, I personally thought that Dalave would manage to convince her troop to abandon their leader and join her. I guess their loyalties still rest with the leader. That certainly makes things more difficult four Ty and Dalave I must admit. Thanks for the excellent update.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:28 PM