Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buffy - Book 2, The Cloud Dancers of Valenwood
ghastley
post Jul 8 2016, 10:59 PM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 8 2016, 05:47 PM) *

OMG!!!! OMG !!!! Gobble ... Gobble ... OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!! This was the absolute best chapter of Buffy fiction EVAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW !!!!!!!!! Gobble ... Gobble ... OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was amazing!!!!!!! I'm in awe!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Perhaps a more... tempered reaction... might be called for?" - Falk Firebeard. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 8 2016, 11:18 PM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 8 2016, 05:59 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jul 8 2016, 05:47 PM) *

OMG!!!! OMG !!!! Gobble ... Gobble ... OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!! This was the absolute best chapter of Buffy fiction EVAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW !!!!!!!!! Gobble ... Gobble ... OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was amazing!!!!!!! I'm in awe!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Perhaps a more... tempered reaction... might be called for?" - Falk Firebeard. biggrin.gif

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jul 9 2016, 01:44 AM
Post #23

Mouth
Group Icon

Well I certainly wasn't expecting that! Absolutely marvelous, but I too am worried about Superian. ohmy.gif

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 9 2016, 04:02 PM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

Awesome and very tense. The scene as she's in the air above the raging water below, suddenly on Phantom instead of on Superian, is written in a really beautiful and picturesquely way. Just like everyone else, I wonder what happened to her mare?

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 9 2016, 06:59 PM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

I remember those wild horses south of the Imperial City.

Buffy wearing a leaf! What wonderfully appropriate Valen-Elf apparel.

Uh oh, wolves. It was very thoughtful of Buffy to escape and simply avoid a confrontation, rather than put herself in the position of being forced to kill the wolves.

“TIID KLO UL!”
I don't know the specific words, I can easily recognize the dragon speech here.

Phantom flies again! That was a very thrilling escapade! But where is Superian?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jul 9 2016, 06:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 10 2016, 07:22 PM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

Sorry I've not been keeping up, but it's good to catch up finally. I love the way the aedra & daedra are influencing things behind the scenes!

And then that poor Buffy. All she wants to do is take a bath, and look what happens! laugh.gif Wow, so she actually flew on a dragon, all because Kynareth allowed these sort of dragons to exist in the first place. That's so lovely.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 10 2016, 07:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 15 2016, 01:43 PM
Post #27

Paladin
Group Icon

In Episode 3, Buffy and Superian were startled by a large pack of wolves and fled into the night. Attempting to leap a river gorge that was far too wide, they found themselves out of airspeed and ideas. Acadian urgently asked his ancient and long dead dragon mount for help. Phantom did not disappoint as she forced her spirit from within Acadian into Superian. She then used the mare's body to transform herself into an ice dragon and flew Buffy to safety. Once on the ground and the shock began to wear off, Buffy demanded to know what happened to her precious mare.

ghastley- The last episode was a ‘jump off the cliffer’! I enjoyed introducing Phantom with a roar – er, shout. Thank you.

DE- Thank you for noting how important Superian has always been to Buffy. Their bond of mutual dependence will grow even stronger moving forward, introducing new benefits and challenges.

mALX- By Azura, thank you, my friend! Kind words indeed. I’m so glad you enjoyed it.

hazmick- Thanks! Not to worry – Superian is in there. . . somewhere.

Lopov- Aww, thank you. That scene where time stopped and horse transformed to dragon in the air was an emotionally important one for me to depict as you say, picturesquely. I so appreciate your supportive words.

SubRosa- Bark biters, tree huggers and now, leaf wearers! I’m glad you recognized the dragon speech. Though Phantom may shout again someday, it won’t be in this book. That said, I could think of no better way to introduce her physical presence.

Renee- Thanks for joining us! Aedra, Daedra, wolves, dragons – yes, all the poor little elf wanted was a bath. tongue.gif

Episode 4

“Phantom and I have sacrificed our bond,” explained Acadian soberly while I stared at the imposing ice dragon before me. “This allowed her spirit to join - rather forcefully - with Superian. Dragon and mare are now bound as one. Just as she and I once were. Just as you and I have always been.”

“I’m sorry that you and Phantom were forced to take such drastic measures. I-I wasn’t paying enough attention to our surroundings. Perhaps if I had tried to hold our ground back at that meadow with my spells instead of fleeing in panic. . . .”

“Don’t second guess yourself,” admonished Acadian gently. “You made the right choice to use Superian’s speed and escape. You were surrounded by nearly a score of wolves. What brought such an unusually large pack to our location I have no idea, but before you could have cast your fear spell in the several directions required to affect them all, I’m sure some would have been upon you.”

The paladin was right but that did little to ease my apprehension about exactly what ‘dragon and mare are now bound as one’ meant. Slowly, I approached the beautiful winged creature. “Superian?” The massive head lowered, turning sideways so I was looking directly into one of the dragon’s glowing eyes. I placed my hands on the cool scales of her muzzle and looked deeply into that eye. After a moment, I smiled. “Yes, my precious mare, you are in there with Phantom.”

“She has little time left in this form,” said Acadian.

“What do you mean?” I replied. “Will she turn back into Superian? Can Phantom do this again? Do I have a flying mare now? Are we -”

“As you know,” the paladin interrupted, “Phantom and I died long ago. Her spirit is but a shadow of her former self - and this transformation has drained her mightily. I don’t know if she will ever be able to accomplish this feat again. I do know that her ability to sustain the physical presence of a dragon will soon fade and she will doubtless try to turn back into Superian.”

“What do you mean, ‘try’?” I said with growing concern.

“Phantom did what she needed in order to save us but. . . I confess I am unsure of the consequences.”

I suddenly noticed the moons and stars had faded. A growing glow on the horizon heralded the beginning of a new day. The day after I almost died. The first day of a new life shared by Phantom and Superian.

As the sun peeked over the eastern treetops, the ancient dragon that had saved Superian and I from certain death touched me gently with her nose, then lifted her head and moved back a step or two. Her ponderous movement over the ground reinforced that the sky was her natural domain.

She opened a maw filled with imposingly dagger-like teeth and spoke. “Lokkendovsonaak?” I instantly recognized her deeply powerful and husky voice that now filled the air around us. It was the same one that had commanded time itself to nearly a standstill.

“She understands us perfectly, but speaks only in dragon tongue,” explained Acadian. “The word she spoke means sky-warrior-priest and refers to me.” Acadian raised his voice slightly to address Phantom, ”Yes, old friend?”

“Nid krosis. Dahmaan Vensahliz.”

“No sorrows,” translated my paladin. “Remember Phantom.” He then added, “Dragon names generally have three parts. Vensahliz is her name and it means wind-phantom-ice.” He then replied to her, “Agreed. We have seen each other through many battles and will share many more. Elf, paladin, horse and dragon will remain together.”

Phantom’s eyes slowly blinked and she tilted her head. A deep but gentle rumble escaped through her teeth in a small cloud of cold mist. A sigh, I decided . . . of relief? It was then I fully realized that the actions she took to save us were motivated by selfless devotion to Acadian without regard to consequences. She was likely now as concerned - even frightened - about the unknown ramifications as Acadian and I were. I was glad my paladin’s words had helped sooth her – just as he always seemed to know how to reassure me when I needed it. The ice dragon then looked down at me. “Malkroronin. Nid krosis.”

“Little-sorcerer-archer. No sorrows,” Acadian said. “That must be her name for you, followed by the same admonishment she gave me.”

I nodded, hoping she would continue.

She did. “Dovah gro key nahlaas mahfaeraak.”

“Dragon bound horse alive forever,” translated Acadian.

“Does that mean what I think it does?” I asked.

“Phantom seems to think so,” replied Acadian. “The potential lifespan of a dragon is long enough that some would indeed say it defies time.”

Phantom slowly nodded. Her whole body then began to glow until her brightness rivaled the rising sun. As the light gradually began to dissipate, I could see her shape changing, decreasing in size, wings evaporating. My relief was boundless when the indistinct shape began to resemble a horse.

When her glow had faded away, I stared in disbelief. “Superian. . . y-you’ve changed.”

The horse that stood before me now looked dramatically different than the Superian I knew and loved. From a rather tall sixteen hands at the withers and trim weight of eleven times my own, she now stood at what I estimated to be a towering eighteen hands and a heavily built twenty times my weight. Her hoofs – the size of dinner plates - were heavily feathered in white fur. The mare’s mane and tail were the color of my own ash blond hair. The upper portion of her formerly black coat was now a palomino-chestnut hue. Her face, throat, chest, underbelly and legs were cream colored.

I slowly approached. The mighty mare lowered her head. Eyes that overflowed with the blue glow of draconic magic looked into mine. She nuzzled me and I hugged her as joyful relief flowed between us. “Yes, you are Superian, and you now carry Phantom within you. Thank you, mighty dragon, for saving and returning my precious mare to me.”

“I might have anticipated her physical changes,” said Acadian somewhat sheepishly, “were they not forced upon us with such unexpected urgency.”

“I will not protest, my paladin. What you and Phantom did – what you sacrificed – you both did out of love for me. If you doubt your decision for one second, just imagine how Superian would look now had you not intervened.” I shivered slightly. “Our broken bodies would have been tossed among the river’s sharp rocks until they settled on the bank somewhere to become food for the mud crabs. Besides, how could you have forecast these changes?”

“Well,” Acadian began, “I expect her size is influenced by the fact that Phantom was created in Skyrim. Her frame of reference is from a land where horses are larger than those found in the southern provinces. Dragons are unfamiliar with hair or fur so I’m guessing she took inspiration for Superian’s coat from you – a blonde often covered in buckskins.” After a moment he added, “Overall, I’d say she did well. There are no horns, scales, wings or talons on your mare. The only visible evidence that Superian carries the spirit of Phantom is her eyes - and I’d wager we’ll not encounter anyone who has ever gazed into the glowing blue eyes of an ice dragon.”

“I’m quite sure I will grow to love her new look,” I said. “In fact it is with great relief that I realize her lifespan now is much closer to my own. The thought of losing her to age in the blink of a couple decades has always terrified me.”

I conjured the mare’s grooming equipment and heaved a sigh. “Your coat is a mess, and just look at the tangles in your mane and tail!”

To my delight, a pale green butterfly joined us – the kind I had often seen around sunrise or sunset as far back as I could remember. The small creature slowly fluttered all around Superian and I with what appeared to be great interest as I went to work on the mare. I giggled. “Are you here to help or simply supervise this morning?”

“While the care you take of our dragon-mare is admirable,” commented Acadian, “have you forgotten that your magic satchel with its shoulder strap is the only thing you are wearing?”

I frowned. “Are you afraid our butterfly friend here will fly off to tell its friends about the naked elf grooming a horse?” I did, however, pause long enough to pull out a tattered set of buckskins from my mage satchel. As I donned the tunic, I couldn’t help but notice it did indeed match Superian’s primary color. My hands then returned to the mare. “You know, Acadian, I think I may have peed myself about the time she transformed into a dragon.”

“I’m sure she didn’t mind, Buffy. Besides, I expect our skim through the rapids washed everyone quite thoroughly.”

“So,” I mused, “are you going to tell me how Phantom brought time itself almost to a standstill with her voice?”

“Perhaps. But not today.”

From Buffy’s Scrapbook

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 15 2016, 03:50 PM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

Hmmm....

This looks like a jump out of Cyrodiil and into Skyrim. Is the "pale green butterfly" a Luna Moth?

/wonders if Superian is "the Dragonborn"?

Edit: So then I opened the screenshot and got one of the answers...

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jul 15 2016, 04:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jul 15 2016, 08:23 PM
Post #29

Mouth
Group Icon

Ah, that's a relief. So now we have a dragon in the group. Or rather, the dragon that was in the group is still in the group, but is with the horse instead of the paladin. wacko.gif At any rate, it was really cool to hear some dragon speak from Dovahorse, and I hope the stain washes off biggrin.gif

That screenie is great. I love Superian's colouring there.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 17 2016, 01:54 AM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

What brought such an unusually large pack to our location I have no idea,
I have an idea, and I suspect that twilight, moons, and stars are associated with it. whistling.gif Not to mention pale green butterflies...

Superian is now the Dovahmare! Her new look is fantastic, especially her glowing Draugr Dragon-blue eyes. As the picture illustrates, so much like her blond buskined little archer sorcerer.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 17 2016, 04:41 AM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

This story of Phantom is some of the best writing you have ever done! This explains so much that I wondered about the connections between them! And now the hint that Buffy is also immortal; I hope you will explain that too in this story! Somehow in story form it is all so much clearer!

Buffy conjuring grooming equipment had me rolling! This was an amazing, AWESOME Write !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jul 17 2016, 04:53 PM
Post #32

Master
Group Icon

Woah.

Dragon and Mare bonding? So essentially Superian is now Super-Dovah? This is simply fantastic. Makes a beautiful, loyal and formidable creature into something greately beautiful, loyal and formidable. I like her eyes. So mystic.

The fact that Superian talks makes it great. Thankfully for Buffy Acadian is there to translate.

Also, Sub mentioned something. It may certain implications to a certain Daedric godmother? No? Am I on the right track here?

This is great. New paths unfold for Buffy as she learns old mysteries. I can say we are learning along with her, too.

goodjob.gif

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 19 2016, 08:08 PM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

Lots of things to comment on - first of all, I enjoyed a conversation between Buffy and Acadian, especially as she has lots of questions but Acadian kindly interrupts her. Written in such a way that I could not only picture them, but almost hear them.

Secondly, the transformation back to Superian is written just as well as the transformation to Phantom - I like that Superian now has some draconic effects, if that's the correct way of saying it.

Thirdly, I learned a few new English words from this episode.

And last - I have a new background picture on my laptop, straight from Buffy's scrapbook. My fiancee loves it too, especially the butterfly, she said the picture is so soothing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 22 2016, 12:39 PM
Post #34

Paladin
Group Icon

In Episode 4, Buffy learned more about how Phantom had forcefully joined with Superian in order to save both elf and mare. As the weakened dragon’s spirit became unable to sustain her winged physical presence, the form of her new host reemerged. Though the horse was now much larger and colored differently than the Superian that Buffy was used to, the little elf was simply overjoyed to have her precious mare back. As the sun rose, the pale twilight butterfly form of Azura visited to survey the results of what she had arranged.

ghastley- Thank you! The influence of Phantom’s spirit on Superian will be subtle and we’ll gradually reveal aspects of it as we progress. Phantom’s role in the Oblivion crisis is complete. By managing to fly, she has broken Kyne’s curse, allowing Akatosh to assume his dragon form when the time comes. And, yes, in a couple centuries Alduin will figure out that he can return to the skies as well. Just as Buffy will not be the Champion of Cyrodiil, neither she nor her dragon-mare will be the Dragonborn. tongue.gif

hazmick- You got it! Buffy and Acadian have traveled together in various forms through many lives that span across numerous times and worlds. During the life preceding their current one, Acadian was a dragon rider in Skyrim during the Merethic Era. When they all died during the dragon war, Phantom’s spirit somehow managed to travel with them into their current life in the late Third Era. To save Buffy and her mare when they leaped over that cliff, Phantom tore her own spirit free from Acadian (inside Buffy) and bound it to Superian. One implication is that when Buffy and Acadian’s current life ends, Superian might be able to make the leap with them to the next. Maybe.

SubRosa- Thank you for pointing out the influence of Azura in both the unusual wolf attack and how they ‘herded’ Buffy and Superian over that cliff. I love the ‘heavy’ look of the Skyhorses and have always wanted to transition Superian to more of an ‘Epona’ look.

mALX- Thanks! Interesting question as to whether Buffy is immortal or simply referring to her long elven lifespan. She can die, but reincarnates – she and Acadian have done so for millennia. She has no memories of past lives though - but Acadian does. Conjuring grooming equipment – Buffy loves her ‘utility’ magicks. biggrin.gif

DE- Thank you. Yes, it was Azura who ‘engineered’ the wolf attack that herded Buffy and Superian over that cliff. Phantom’s full transformation into a dragon was an anomaly – fueled by extremis and almost certainly a bit of Azuran magic. Acadian is right that Phantom will unlikely be able to repeat that feat. Nor will she be able to give speech to Superian. We’ll gradually see the subtle but helpful abilities that Phantom’s spirit now brings to Superian but I need to shut up and not get ahead of the story. . . .

Lopov- I do like the word draconic – meaning dragon-like. Thank you for the kind words regarding our dialogue and Superian’s transformations. I’m both flattered and humbled that Buffy’s screenie graces the screen of your laptop!

~ Part 2 – On the Wings of a Dove ~

Episode 5

There was a sudden fluttering sound above and behind me. I struggled to control Superian as she reared in surprise, grateful for the crude bridle and saddle I had managed to craft from vines and pelts respectively. As I settled her, a white dove swooped down upon us.

My alarm eased as the bird perched comfortably on my shoulder and cooed softly. “Why, hello there,” I said. “You gave my mare and I quite the start.” She calmly looked at me as I slowly lifted my hand. “You look like a courier dove from the Arcane University, but what are you doing all the way down in Valenwood?” As I touched the bird, she transformed into a scroll.

I quickly looked around the meadow, listening carefully for dangers in the surrounding forest and assessing routes of escape should Superian and I be attacked. Satisfied, I unrolled the parchment and instantly recognized the elegant quill strokes of my University Advisor, Boderi Farano.

Buffy,

I hope this messenger was able to hone in on your magical essence based upon the required sample you gave us back when you were a student here. And I hope she has found you well.

I read with great interest, pride and sadness Guildmagister Sigrid Firewalker’s after action report detailing the closure of Kvatch’s Oblivion Gate and subsequent recapture of the city. Firstly, my deepest sympathies over the death of your Captain Matius. It may be of some consolation to know that he is being hailed as the Hero of Kvatch. I understand your need to grieve privately and can think of no better place for you to do so than your ancestral homeland.

For what it’s worth, Sigrid spoke glowingly of your courage and skill under fire. I am thankful that your badly broken left arm was healing well as you left Kvatch, and that the healers expected you to fully recover soon.

I know your magicks will help protect you, but was alarmed to learn that your powerful bow was broken beyond repair during the same battle that took your mate. I shared my concern with Guildmagister Kud-Ei in Bravil who consulted your archery master there. Daenlin had apparently been working on a special bow and quiver for you since even before the Tournament of Archers. He provided the results of his craftsmanship, along with a set of notes detailing your archery talents, limitations and requirements.

The Praxographical Center, in consult with the Chironasium and guided by Master Daenlin’s notes, enchanted both bow and quiver. They further rendered the results into a conjuration spell that you will find emblazoned into the rune at the bottom of this scroll.

I know that your body and heart can be as fragile as a butterfly, but I also know that the spirit within you rivals that of a dragon. May the Nine speed your pilgrimage to find what you seek, and bring you safely back to us.

I remain your advisor, instructor, mentor and friend,

Boderi Farano

I wiped a tear from my cheek, then passed a hand over the runic symbol at the bottom of the scroll. It glowed briefly as I absorbed its arcane knowledge. The scroll was then engulfed in a swirl of magic, from which the white dove reemerged and promptly winged away. The ability that had flowed into me seemed. . . different than what I had expected. Boderi said the spell would conjure a bow, but the magic felt much more like that which summons a creature. A living bow?

Slipping to the ground, I filled my left hand with the new spell. Opening my fist to release its magic, I felt the grip of a bow materializing against my palm and instinctively closed my fingers around it. Simultaneously, the welcome familiarity of a quiver settled against my back.

The large elven weapon in my hand was fashioned from a relatively open-grained wood that was unknown to me. Its ears and the area above and below the leather-wrapped handgrip had been reinforced by beautifully molded and engraved sections of chitin. I could feel the weapon pulsing slightly as if eager for use. Subtle hints of pale bluish magic slowly traveled along its length. The staff was long, thick and gracefully recurved - features indicative of great power. While I craved the high damage and long range of such bows, I questioned my ability to manage the heavy draw likely required. Then I recalled that the specifications for the weapon had been guided by none other than Daenlin.

I smiled and slipped an arrow from the quiver. The four-bladed rather slender tip was beautifully crafted from what appeared to be no less than forge-hardened mithril steel. I assessed the arrowhead as likely a very effective compromise between penetration and stopping power. The wooden shaft was long and flawlessly straight. I noted that the three rows of exquisite feather fletching were not only perfectly uniform, but had been mounted with a slight twist – a feature that would cause the arrow to spin in flight, improving both range and accuracy.

Nocking the missile, I addressed the silk bowstring. When I began to pull, I felt the bow willingly respond. I now understood. This bow was indeed alive – and attuned to my needs. With very little effort from me, the staff relaxed its recurve, bending its limbs toward me until my hand rested against my ear and the arrow’s fletching kissed my cheek. Normally, I could hold that position but for a moment so I was astonished that, with the bow’s assistance, I was able to maintain full draw long enough to leisurely aim! Such a feat, particularly with a large bow, was normally possible for only the strongest of Orsimeri archers.

I aimed out about a dozen horse lengths to a dead branch the size of my thigh and loosed. Surprised at the bow’s quietness upon release, I realized that it had controlled its recovery to reduce characteristic ‘bow twang’ to a soft hiss. The arrow flew true to its target, shattering the section of branch that it hit.

I fired again. The resulting shot split a rock the size of my head.

“Well stuff me gently," I said quietly as I lowered the weapon and stared at it in awe. "I’d wager your magic includes the ability to pierce armor. Powerful, accurate and quiet - a true sniper weapon. Like your predecessor, I shall call you Slayer.”

Having a bow in my hand again – especially this elegantly magical one – flooded me with confidence. Deep in the dangerous forests, meadows and jungles of Valenwood, I began to feel a bit more like predator than prey. “Thank you, Master Daenlin. You know your apprentice well.”

As I shouldered the weapon, I realized one of its other features. Rather than being summoned for a fixed time, I could feel a small drain on my magicka – less than my regeneration rate - that sustained the bow as long as I allowed the arcane energy to flow. With the weapon on my back, I tried to bring a spell to one of my hands. Nothing. It seemed that sustaining the bow precluded the casting of other spells. I allowed the magicka link to fade and, after the bow and quiver dissipated, was easily able cast other spells.

“I take it you are pleased?” offered Acadian.

“You have a gift for understatement, my paladin. I’m sure there are other features of this bow and its quiver that will reveal themselves as I use them.” I then chirped, “Let’s go kill something!”

“Don’t get carried away, my bowgirl.”

From Buffy’s Scrapbook

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jul 22 2016, 01:13 PM
Post #35

Mouth
Group Icon

As an archer and Conjurer, Haa-Rei finds Buffy's new bow very interesting. I'm just glad that she has something with which to defend herself. Daenlin certainly knows his stuff!

I imagine Buffy's wish for something to kill will be coming true very soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 22 2016, 02:00 PM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm always fascinated with the balance of the game. So add one powerful bow, but take away spell-casting in return.

Does " It seemed that sustaining the bow precluded the casting of other spells" include having to wait until it expires, or can Buffy choose to dispel the bow when she needs to do so?

The letter from Broderi means she's in TES IV time still, or again, or something like that, so I presume that Buffy still has things to complete, even if Superian doesn't. I'll be watching.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jul 22 2016, 04:10 PM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

Hmm. That caught me by surprise when the dove became a scroll and back again. Purely magical. Even in that moment Buffy was ever so vigilant. After what happened, I can't blame her. How interesting that Azura put her in that position in the first place. I suspected she had a finger on it.

The mention of Captain Matius stirred the heart. May he rest in peace.

Daenlin's gift is a great one that best suits Buffy. After the misplacement of the last one, this one looks considerably superior and, well, alive. Deadly, indeed.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 23 2016, 06:48 PM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

I was slightly afraid at first that the dove is gone for good once Buffy read the scroll but Boderi Farano thought of everything. I also liked that Buffy checked her surroundings before reading the message, you can never be too sure in any wilderness.

Great description of the bow and how it's attuned to Buffy's needs. Now she's no longer bowless. wink.gif

Though the Slayer is a vital part of the final image, one can't miss Buffy either. Despite having just met with her bow, they already look like they've been together for years and know each other accordingly so.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 24 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

First off, the letter from Boderi was very touching! It was not only great for a reminder of so many afternoons of sitting on a bench in the gardens at the Arcane and the close relationship between Boderi and Buffy; but it also included a brief history and background from Book 1.

I love that the bow was a gift from people who cared about Buffy and made specifically for her. Putting a bow like that in her hands will go a long way toward healing the pain of her loss and bringing her back!

This screen of the bow made me want a living bow too! The wood grain is Awesome! I loved the description of how it conjured as a living being rather than a weapon or armor; very cool!

Awesome update !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 24 2016, 07:39 PM
Post #40

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I´m terribly bad at reading, I´m sorry to say, but I had to make this post.

I´m simply amazed at the level of development and progress Buffy has made over the years. I still remember her riding around in the forests of Cyrodiil, occasionally visiting Lothran in Bruma or on the shores of Anvil. I also remember her flat at the University and the version of Slayer she had back then. Even Superian has undergone drastic changes it seems, but I´m glad to know she´s still at Buffy´s side, through thick and thin.

Carry on, guys.

*sniff*

happy.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post

16 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:52 AM