213 Pages V « < 190 191 192 193 194 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
Lopov
post Dec 8 2019, 10:58 AM
Post #3821

Master
Group Icon

Grits, I noticed that you were online with Kalea-Ko the other, so I figured, you must have created someone new. Great appearance, love her hairstyle (or a hat), whatever it is.

Toothmaul Gulley reminds me of Blackreach.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 9 2019, 04:12 PM
Post #3822

Ancient
Group Icon

Another Khajiit enters the group! We are becoming many! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 13 2019, 08:32 AM
Post #3823

Master
Group Icon

Shonta Quassan defeated two world bosses in Eastmarch almost on his own. The first one was Rageclaw, he stood no chance against him in direct combat, but he found a rock, where Rageclaw couldn't reach him, so he could attack him from a safe distance. At some point during combat, Rageclaw summoned three werewolves to his aid and they could reach Shonta, but he could deal with those. Close to the end of the battle another player joined and they brought Rageclaw down together, but most work was done by Shonta Quassan.

The same goes for the necromancer residing at the dragon burial site south of Windhelm. I was convinced that Shonta has no chances against her, but decided to try his luck anyway. I was even more sure that we have no chances, when she summoned three minions to her aid, among them a very powerful Draugr Champion. But I was wrong, this boss turned out be easier than Rageclaw in the end. It really makes a difference now, that I invested some champion points to Shonta's resistances and regeneration, so he brought the necromancer down to only an inch of her health. Her Draugr Champion was more difficult, he hit hard, but fortunately he was slow, so Shonta could outrun him and focus on the necromancer. Just like with Rageclaw, another player joined the battle close to the end and the Draugr Champion turned his attention on him, so Shonta could focus on the necromancer. He brought her down, then helped the other player bringing down the Draugr Champion.

To quote mALX - Woohoo!

This post has been edited by Lopov: Dec 13 2019, 08:40 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 13 2019, 12:03 PM
Post #3824

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks for the warm welcome for Kalea-ko! Her hairstyle is a Khajiit-only style called Dread Turban Bun. She is sweet, fearless, insatiably curious, and not one for making plans. Very relaxing to adventure with. happy.gif

Congratulations to Shonta Quassan! Two hard-fought battles! Whoop!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 13 2019, 08:30 PM
Post #3825

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 13 2019, 02:32 AM) *

Shonta Quassan defeated two world bosses in Eastmarch almost on his own. The first one was Rageclaw, he stood no chance against him in direct combat, but he found a rock, where Rageclaw couldn't reach him, so he could attack him from a safe distance. At some point during combat, Rageclaw summoned three werewolves to his aid and they could reach Shonta, but he could deal with those. Close to the end of the battle another player joined and they brought Rageclaw down together, but most work was done by Shonta Quassan.

The same goes for the necromancer residing at the dragon burial site south of Windhelm. I was convinced that Shonta has no chances against her, but decided to try his luck anyway. I was even more sure that we have no chances, when she summoned three minions to her aid, among them a very powerful Draugr Champion. But I was wrong, this boss turned out be easier than Rageclaw in the end. It really makes a difference now, that I invested some champion points to Shonta's resistances and regeneration, so he brought the necromancer down to only an inch of her health. Her Draugr Champion was more difficult, he hit hard, but fortunately he was slow, so Shonta could outrun him and focus on the necromancer. Just like with Rageclaw, another player joined the battle close to the end and the Draugr Champion turned his attention on him, so Shonta could focus on the necromancer. He brought her down, then helped the other player bringing down the Draugr Champion.

To quote mALX - Woohoo!

Woo Hoo is right, Congratulations Lopov!!!

Dagoth-Malan had a good day yesterday too! First off; he reached level 50 yesterday; so he went immediately to CP 160 armor = which was a HUGE help since he was still wearing level 27 gear up till then! I immediately put him in some CP 160 gear and WOW! What a difference that made!

He is usually solo; so I've avoided fighting Bosses in the Public Dungeons unless we were with a friend. On those he would just work his way to the skyshard and then leave after getting it.

Well, yesterday since he had turned CP 160 and was in good armor I decided to try fighting through the Hall of the Dead in Eastmarch. He died a few times from the bigger mobs; but when he resurrected we didn't run through dead like we normally would = he stayed right there and finished fighting each mob.

When we got to the skyshard I noticed two of the black skulls on my map were gone; and so looked at his Achievement page = he had killed two of the Bosses solo in there! I was so excited that I almost stayed and tried to clear the rest of them, (but didn't, lol).

Then last night he soloed an Eastmarch Dolmen = something I normally don't even try to do with any of my characters; and wasn't actually trying to do with him at the time. I usually get in there and pick away at the mobs while waiting for other Players to come; but last night no one came. He only died once; and that was before the Bosses dropped. He ended up closing the Dolmen solo!

(which I realize is not unusual for a lot of you; but for me it was a very rare accomplishment, laugh.gif )

QUOTE(Grits @ Dec 13 2019, 06:03 AM) *

Thanks for the warm welcome for Kalea-ko! Her hairstyle is a Khajiit-only style called Dread Turban Bun. She is sweet, fearless, insatiably curious, and not one for making plans. Very relaxing to adventure with. happy.gif

Congratulations to Shonta Quassan! Two hard-fought battles! Whoop!

She looks curious and very fun! She is a gorgeous kitty, what an adorable face!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 13 2019, 09:02 PM
Post #3826

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 13 2019, 02:30 PM) *

Dagoth-Malan had a good day yesterday too! First off; he reached level 50 yesterday;
Well, yesterday since he had turned CP 160 and was in good armor I decided to try fighting through the Hall of the Dead in Eastmarch. He died a few times from the bigger mobs; but when he resurrected we didn't run through dead like we normally would = he stayed right there and finished fighting each mob.

Yesterday was almost the opposite for me.

I took Leveque Lazare to get his last skyshard in Glenumbra, and that was in Bad Mann's Hallows. I completely forgot about him being only level 22, and with a level 16 green set of equipment, and tried to take on the bosses solo. It didn't help that I'd forgotten to upgrade his food when I had the chance, so that was below par, too.

Needless to say, he died early and often. But then he managed to hook up with a couple of other players running through it, and got his skyshard, and the achievements. I think he even killed the "daily event" boss before the other two caught up, but they could just have been standing back and helping with AoE, so it probably wasn't as solo as it felt. tongue.gif

Clark, meanwhile, has raised his Provisioning up to where he can make his own food, if only the blue one. The other crafts are harder to spam up to higher levels, and he won't raise the ranks until he's got al the research passives in place.

They're both doing a daily Bolgrul for the Undaunted levels, but the dungeons are getting repetitive, and we're not seeing extra skyshards. Does Bolgrul restrict his quests to zones you've entered already? LL is only a week old, and he's been to kill the Red Rooks three times.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 13 2019, 09:11 PM
Post #3827

Paladin
Group Icon

@ghastley. Bolgrul has a pool of 5 delves from each alliance. While you are below L50, he will only assign delves from among the 5 in your alliance. After L50, he'll then assign you from among the 5 in each of the other alliances as well.

So below L50, just 5 delves. Above L50, 15 delves.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Dec 13 2019, 09:33 PM
Post #3828

Councilor
Group Icon

That's a lot simpler than I'd imagined. LL will just have to get to 50 quickly! He's got a stack of XP scrolls from all the others, who stopped using them when they hit CP, so it shouldn't take too long. I just have to make sure he's also picking up the skills he'll need.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 13 2019, 09:58 PM
Post #3829

Mouth
Group Icon

I keep forgetting to make updates here, but here are some recent occurrences.

-Just joined a PvP (EP-only) guild yesterday, so I finally have a regular group I can run with there.
-Reached rank 10 in the Alliance War skill lines. Also racked up a few more victories in Battlegrounds.
-Defeated Fungal Grotto I solo.

...I know there are some other things, but I can't remember them right now.

EDIT: Oh, also looking into ways to increase my damage output. Created some pieces for Hunding's Rage to see how that works, but I'm going to need to find at least one piece of jewelry for that. Storm Knight set is solid, but I think I need to get something better for PvP since most players can cut me down pretty quickly regardless of my tanking abilities. Also for Battlegrounds, which disables CP, and any non-CP but still PvP activities. And some of the tougher PvE content. I just can't dole out enough damage, and I still need to figure out the best optimization of CP for my playstyle.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Dec 13 2019, 10:02 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 13 2019, 10:19 PM
Post #3830

Paladin
Group Icon

Rader - grats on soloing FG1! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 13 2019, 10:24 PM
Post #3831

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 13 2019, 03:58 PM) *

*snip*
EDIT: Oh, also looking into ways to increase my damage output. Created some pieces for Hunding's Rage to see how that works, but I'm going to need to find at least one piece of jewelry for that. Storm Knight set is solid, but I think I need to get something better for PvP since most players can cut me down pretty quickly regardless of my tanking abilities. Also for Battlegrounds, which disables CP, and any non-CP but still PvP activities. And some of the tougher PvE content. I just can't dole out enough damage, and I still need to figure out the best optimization of CP for my playstyle.

If your PvP Guild is going through a campaign that uses CP = sink points into "Resistant to Critical Hits." That is a PvP only bonus; since PvE Bosses don't have any critical hits; but Players do. That should toughen him up some.

Other than that; your Guild should have some CP placement suggestions.

Also, if you are having trouble killing Players you can add some to "Siphoner." That is also a PvP only bonus; and it bypasses the poison resistance of Argonians, Stamina Dragon Knights, etc. It is like a poison they can't block.

I would love to come as an invited guest to some of your Alliance War runs! (or would consider joining if they are open to non-elite PvP'ers that just love the Alliance War content!) Most of my Player Characters are EP; I think only Pia isn't.

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Dec 13 2019, 03:58 PM) *

I keep forgetting to make updates here, but here are some recent occurrences.

-Just joined a PvP (EP-only) guild yesterday, so I finally have a regular group I can run with there.
-Reached rank 10 in the Alliance War skill lines. Also racked up a few more victories in Battlegrounds.
-Defeated Fungal Grotto I solo.

...I know there are some other things, but I can't remember them right now.

HOLY COW, this is amazing progress!!! Congratulations on soloing Fungal Grotto I, that is an awesome accomplishment!!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 13 2019, 10:25 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Dec 14 2019, 05:02 AM
Post #3832

Master
Group Icon

On Alise's third ESO birthday, she decided she wanted to do Murkmire. She had a blast going through the zone and talking to Argonians. Unlike most Dunmer, she rather likes the Saxhleel. And she was happy to fight alongside the Deadwater kaal. After a couple of weeks, she finally wrapped things up there and reluctantly came home earlier this week - just in time for the crafting frenzy that is New Life.

Do Rah has paused his Dragonguard activities and joined Julian in Northern Elsweyr, where they will spend the Festival.

Phae has saved Orsinium and only has the WB's left to do before she earns her Hero of Wrothgar title and the chance to go after a certain skull. We are hoping to accomplish that tomorrow after I get home from work. Once that's done, she probably will join Maz in Daggerfall and work out of Captain Margaux's former home. Stefan may either join them there, or work from Evermore in Bangkorai, where he is cooling his heels.

Of course, Argis is still in Mournhold, and happy to have Alise back home. Now they have many Murkmire stories to share!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 14 2019, 11:34 AM
Post #3833

Master
Group Icon

Looks like it's becoming a routine that Shonta Quassan almost kills a world boss, and by the very end of the battle another player shows up to help. The story repeated today with Olveidi the Ratmaster. The first time she killed him, but Shonta returned with a different staff and different set of spells. The battle lasted a long time and just when Olveidi was almost death, some help arrived and the Ratmaster was slain.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 14 2019, 01:17 PM
Post #3834

Paladin
Group Icon

Rider, we enjoyed Murkmire as well. Buffy enjoys jungles and swamps and the lovely Argonians are generally welcoming and friendly, unlike the natives of Summerset and Vardenfel.

Lopov, not to worry. Most of those bosses have about 1.8 million health. If you can get them well over halfway down solo, there is little doubt you can finish them off.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 15 2019, 04:38 AM
Post #3835

Councilor
Group Icon

Jerric just wrapped up some business in Vvardenfell. There is plenty for him to do when he returns, but for now he’s moved on to the Clockwork City. Something about Skyrim on the horizon has motivated him to crack open his quest journal. tongue.gif

He does not like the Clockwork City very much, but he does like the people. He met some old friends right away, otherwise it would have been a short trip. On the plus side he is great at breaking things, and there is a lot here to break. Just don’t ask him to put it back together again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 15 2019, 03:13 PM
Post #3836

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy agrees with Jerric. She's not a fan of Steampunk Clockwork City. Summerset and Vardenfel are more to her liking as far as land but Jerric is right - the people make the difference. The folks in CWC are fine. Buffy spends a fair amount of energy trying not to dislike the Altmer of Summerset and the Dunmer of Vardenfel because of their disdainful view of her and everyone else not of their race. Murkmire and Elseweyr are very enjoyable because the Argonians and Khajiit are delightful and friendly. Even the orcs of Wrothgar are surprisingly accepting of tiny elves.

That all said, Buffy enjoys every single basic game zone more than any Chapter/DLC zone.

I hope Jerric has fun breaking clocks in the mechanical city. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Dec 15 2019, 07:00 PM
Post #3837

Mouth
Group Icon

I think with PvP vs. PvE I'm just going to focus on non-PvP CP skills for now. 99% of opposing players I run into are a way higher level than me anyway so I can't take them 1-on-1. I'm much better in support where I'm less likely to get ganged up on when running with other EP players (still happens somewhat though). When I get really high in CP levels, then I might redistribute them. But there is a lot of PvE content I want to do as well, so it'd be a waste to dump more into those PvP skills (I wish there was a clear indication of all PvP skills, only the decreasing light/heavy damage by players ["ironclad" I think] mentions enemy players).

On Clockwork City, I do and I don't like it. I like it for how it really stands out from the rest of the zones, seeing familiar names and faces, getting an expansion of the place from what we saw in TESIII: Tribunal, etc. I don't like it because it gets tiring to look out relatively quickly, sometimes it too starkly contrasts the rest of the zones, and I'm not a fan of Steampunk aesthetics in general anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------

Cincy has cleared some more group dungeons solo! In addition to Fungal Grotto I, we did:
-Spindleclutch I (also ran through it again with mALX so she could test out Dagoth-Malan)
-Wayrest Sewers I
-Elden Hollow I AND II (that's right, BOTH of them; I died once on II but I don't count that because I think it was some real BS how it happened tongue.gif)

Fungal Grotto II has a major boss early on that is impossible to solo because she uses a BS attack that pins one player down and DPS characters are needed to take out the shadowy underlings that hold the chains in place...while a giant magical dagger drops solely onto the character who is chained up. And you cannot break free of the lock.

Spindleclutch II could be done if I could deal damage quickly enough against an early boss named Bloodspawn, a gargoyle. Problem with him is when he starts smashing the ground, the battleground progressively caves in. When you can't run anywhere else, he just continually smashes the ground and it continues to do more and more damage so you can't tank it out. And you can't get out of the red range of his attack.

Have not attempted Wayrest Sewers II, but I read that that it is not soloable due to at least one boss's particular mechanics.

Other areas that I read are soloable that I am going to attempt:
-City of Ash I (II is supposed to be as well, but I don't know how much I want to try it and IIs seem to always be tougher than Is)
-Crypt of Hearts (it'll be neat to see a major dungeon from TESI: Arena realized in modern graphics
-Darkshade Caverns I (II is supposed to be as well, but like I said before II is probably going to be really hard)
-Blessed Crucible
-Arx Corinium

A few others are supposed to be soloable as well according to this source, but the aforementioned sound like what I want to try first: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/di...we-able-to-solo

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Dec 15 2019, 07:01 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 15 2019, 07:04 PM
Post #3838

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, Rader. Cincy's really buffing up and doing impressive solo work in those group dungeons!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 15 2019, 08:56 PM
Post #3839

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Dec 13 2019, 11:02 PM) *

On Alise's third ESO birthday, she decided she wanted to do Murkmire. She had a blast going through the zone and talking to Argonians. Unlike most Dunmer, she rather likes the Saxhleel. And she was happy to fight alongside the Deadwater kaal. After a couple of weeks, she finally wrapped things up there and reluctantly came home earlier this week - just in time for the crafting frenzy that is New Life.

Do Rah has paused his Dragonguard activities and joined Julian in Northern Elsweyr, where they will spend the Festival.

Phae has saved Orsinium and only has the WB's left to do before she earns her Hero of Wrothgar title and the chance to go after a certain skull. We are hoping to accomplish that tomorrow after I get home from work. Once that's done, she probably will join Maz in Daggerfall and work out of Captain Margaux's former home. Stefan may either join them there, or work from Evermore in Bangkorai, where he is cooling his heels.

Of course, Argis is still in Mournhold, and happy to have Alise back home. Now they have many Murkmire stories to share!

I am so very sorry about what happened with that World Boss run! I thought we were just going to go from Boss to Boss; but everyone wanted to do the dailies and get those reward coffers with the motifs in them. I thought you were going along with us until we were at the second World Boss = I looked around and didn't see you; so asked them to type to you about where we were. (turns out that was one you had done days ago).

I missed a few bosses because they were traveling faster than I could find them with my bad eyesight; but they did go back for me and redo them = and would most def have done that for you too.

I felt terrible about the mixup; the whole trip started to help you get those World Bosses and I think they all got caught up in the doing of those dailies for the extra rewards. verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Dec 16 2019, 02:48 PM
Post #3840

Master
Group Icon

Don't feel bad about it mALX, I had a bad feeling when they started inviting people left and right. I only wanted to collect two or three folks for this. After all, Phae soloed Rinkydink (except for that giant mechanical spider) in eastern Wrothgar, and she and Jerric blasted through the bosses in Old Orsinium without a problem until he had to bail (irl reasons, forgivable), and at that point she was so close to the end she took on the group boss by herself and did just fine with that. Because just about every WB in Wrothgar has adds, we knew she couldn't solo them by herself, but fortunately Bear and Gray came out and we demolished all of them in pretty good order.

I think next time I'll just make it clear that it's going to be a small group only, and I"m not doing any dailies - takes up too much time running back and forth to turn them in and pick them up. I'm not that motivated for motifs anymore anyways.

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 190 191 192 193 194 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:02 AM