mALX
post Apr 25 2015, 03:42 AM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 24 2015, 10:12 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 24 2015, 10:06 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 24 2015, 09:45 PM) *

I wish I could remember what that tip about cazadors was too! laugh.gif It might have been to use automatic weapons. My most recent FONV character Annie Ley Oak did not have too much trouble with cazadors, and she used a Colt M4 Carbine (a mod, hmmm, how come that isn't in my list. Here it is, Millenia Arms - Colt M4A1). Or the tip could have been to use high explosives, like grenades or dynamite.

You had some tribal potion and a perk, but I'd have to go look it back up before I could remember more than that.

That's right! I think it was Honest Hearts that added a potion that made you immune from poison, and it automatically drank itself whenever you were hit with a poison attack. So you never even had to stop and find it in your inventory and click on it to use it. There is a regular antivenom in the vanilla game as well, but you do have to manually use it to stop the effects of poison. And if you are fighting cazadors, you are naturally going to get hit five more times after using it. wink.gif

Ahh, here is that post I made about taking on cazadors:
Annie's Colt M4 has been a real blessing versus the Cazadors. I have had better luck with her using that than any of my other characters. The burst fire gives me a good chance to hit with at least half its bullets, and couple of bursts will generally put one down. If all else fails I go to VATS. I took the headshot perk, and I think the Commando one, plus Action Girl. So she does really well in VATS. That is how I usually kill Deathclaws too. Oh, and I am using 5.56 Match Round and Armor Piercing with the Colt too. The Match Round for Cazadors and most other things, the Armor Piercing for Deathclaws and other armored types like the Legion.

Antivenom helps too. One of the DLCs adds one called Snakebite Tourniquet, which not only nullify's venom but gives you a resistance to poison for a while. Annie also took the Tribal Wisdom perk, which gives you a 25% poison resistance, makes you take 50% less limb damage from mutated insects, and even lets you eat them!

Oh thank you for re-posting that! We really should have a "Tips" thread for things like this. I think we used to have one at Bethesda where Acadian used to post his Buffy tips before he started writing her story, I learned a lot from him too, lol. Thank you, SubRosa!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 25 2015, 07:35 AM
Post #22

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I thought I would like to have mods that add real military weapons in Fallout 3 but for some reason I donīt.. mellow.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 25 2015, 08:24 AM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 25 2015, 02:35 AM) *

I thought I would like to have mods that add real military weapons in Fallout 3 but for some reason I donīt.. mellow.gif

Other than SubRosa's textures and saves, I don't have any mods except the ones I've made. I'd really like some beauty mods; hair mods; body mods; head tracking; voice; etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Apr 25 2015, 03:05 PM
Post #24

Knower
Group Icon

Ahh, Snakebite Tourniquet.

Thanks Rosa! I shall remember this when I head back into NV this September. I see that you only need 30 Survival to craft it. Very handy!

Mirocu- It is more fun with mini nukes anyway. It saves on having to learn how to fly the B-29. Lol.

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 26 2015, 12:11 AM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Apr 25 2015, 10:05 AM) *

Ahh, Snakebite Tourniquet.

Thanks Rosa! I shall remember this when I head back into NV this September. I see that you only need 30 Survival to craft it. Very handy!

Mirocu- It is more fun with mini nukes anyway. It saves on having to learn how to fly the B-29. Lol.

Wait, does the player get to fly the B-29?

I am considering going to New Vegas when I finish Fallout 3 because I've never played NV on the PC before.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 26 2015, 02:13 AM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 25 2015, 07:11 PM) *

No. You just see it fly overhead in the final battle at the dam. Assuming that you floated it up from the bottom of the lake for the Boomers.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 26 2015, 02:51 AM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 25 2015, 09:13 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 25 2015, 07:11 PM) *

No. You just see it fly overhead in the final battle at the dam. Assuming that you floated it up from the bottom of the lake for the Boomers.

That is what I remembered seeing in your vid.

I want to finish up FO3 because it is easier for me to play a game I'm familiar with right now, but after seeing you go through NV I'd like to try it too. I've gotten a lot further in it than I've gotten in Skyrim so far, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Apr 26 2015, 03:39 AM
Post #28

Knower
Group Icon

Sorry for the confusion mALX. I was just mentioning that the fat man is far easier to use as a delivery system than a B-29. I didn't mean it as a reference to NV. Yes, as Sub Rosa has said that bomber is sitting there underwater and needs a levitation spell to get things back in order. Shame that we cannot do bombing runs all across the Mojave. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Apr 26 2015, 03:39 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 26 2015, 03:45 AM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Apr 25 2015, 10:39 PM) *

Sorry for the confusion mALX. I was just mentioning that the fat man is far easier to use as a delivery system than a B-29. I didn't mean it as a reference to NV. Yes, as Sub Rosa has said that bomber is sitting there underwater and needs a levitation spell to get things back in order. Shame that we cannot do bombing runs all across the Mojave. laugh.gif

It would be kind of cool to be able to fly it around, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 26 2015, 07:16 AM
Post #30

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 26 2015, 04:45 AM) *

Maybe thereīs a mod for that..? wink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 26 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 26 2015, 02:16 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 26 2015, 04:45 AM) *

Maybe thereīs a mod for that..? wink.gif

I don't know, I've never played it on the PC yet. I have it, just practicing playing on Fallout 3 first because I know it like the back of my hand, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 26 2015, 09:24 PM
Post #32

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I know there is a good mod for New Vegas where you can fly a Vertibird, but the one for Fallout 3 is crap as crap can be. At least it was when I checked.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 27 2015, 02:10 AM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 26 2015, 04:24 PM) *

I know there is a good mod for New Vegas where you can fly a Vertibird, but the one for Fallout 3 is crap as crap can be. At least it was when I checked.

Surprisingly enough, my FO3 game is almost virtually unmodded..

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 22 2015, 05:57 PM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

I found a mod that adds a Zweihander Greatsword to FONV. It comes in two flavors, normal, and wavy-bladed. It was really easy to port over to Fallout 3.

So one day we might be seeing Persephone exploring the Capital Wasteland or the Mojave. I will have to see if there are any cloak and hood mods out there. Not to mention create a new race for her. That cannot be much different from Oblivion though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 22 2015, 06:02 PM
Post #35

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Nice sword, but I think Iīll stick with the scopeless magnums biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 22 2015, 06:48 PM
Post #36

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 22 2015, 12:57 PM) *

I found a mod that adds a Zweihander Greatsword to FONV. It comes in two flavors, normal, and wavy-bladed. It was really easy to port over to Fallout 3.

So one day we might be seeing Persephone exploring the Capital Wasteland or the Mojave. I will have to see if there are any cloak and hood mods out there. Not to mention create a new race for her. That cannot be much different from Oblivion though.

Holy Cow that thing is long!!! Can't swing it in close quarters, can you? But it sure looks sharp! (literally)

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 22 2015, 06:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jun 22 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #37

Master
Group Icon

My main mods for New Vegas:

Active Wasteland - makes it possible to interact with some object like lamps, hydrants, coffee machines etc...

Burning Campfire - when you activate a campfire, it'll burn for a while

Delay DLC - stops annoying messages "This DLC has been loaded. Level cap increased", instead it prevents them from loading unless you get to close to its starting location or your level is high enough

Sheriff Meyers - a simple mod which gives Meyers a true sheriff outfit instead of letting him wear his Powder Ganger armor when he becomes a sheriff

NPCs travel - adds a bunch of respawning travelers, making FNV a less desolate place. At first I liked that Mojave is more or less deserted but with time I was longing to see some life in the desert

Frequency of assassination attempts - a mod that lets you choose how long you want intervals to be between Legion/NCR hit squads. I have mine set to 21 days, default is 3

Grimy Pre-War Businesswear fix - in the vanilla game a wrong texture is used so all businesswears have the same texture, this mod fixes it and uses the appropriate texture

Hall of Face - HiRes faces, eyes,...

Headgear Revamp - makes it possible to wear certain headgear together

Karma Killing Fix - you no longer get rewarded with good karma for killing Fiends

Leather backpack - adds a leather backpack to the game, obviously, one also involves a mattress, so you can sleep anywhere

Merchants repair any armor - even those without any DT

More seatable couches - you can't interact quite a few of them in the base game

Mojave Radio and FNV Radio extenders

Nights are Darker - ...

Nipton Revisited - clears burning fire and removes crucified victims after some time passes

No Empty Message - removes the annoying empty message from containers

Extra Actions - allows you to open safes with explosives, force lock with melee weapons etc...Find links for other mods in the Description section

PipBoys to the people - adds PipBoys to some people that should have them in first place

Primm Reputation Restored - for some reason Primm Rep was cut from the final release

Radial Blur Remover - removes annoying blur when hit or in VATS

Real Smokes - adds smokeable cigarettes

ReElijahfied - makes Elijah looks like he looks on the hologram

SCC - allows you to recruit any NPC. Must be used in conjuction with SCC Heal Fix because the original version doesn't allow you to heal followers

Screen Blood - Optional Plugins - removes blood from screen when hit. The newest version is complicated and comes with too many features of if someone's interested in merely removing blood, you have to use an older version of the mod

Shorter Chem Wear Off effects - does what it says

Sheriff Duster - increases its DT

Sit Anywhere - press X and sit down anywhere

Solar's Bottled Water - allows you to bottle water

Mods from Someguy2000 - New Vegas Bounties I & II, The Inheritance? (the best quest mods for FNV IMO)

Stronger Merchants - they no longer get killed that easily

The Strip Credit Check - increase it to 5000 or 10000

Throw and Retrieve - allows you to retrieve thrown items if the target was hit. Works well with Throwing Knives replenishment which adds TKs to merchants and raiders

Ultimate Invisible Wall Remover - removes some invisible barriers

That's most of them. I use some body replacers, Breeze for males and Dimonized Type 3 for women and corresponding armor sets, I also use unofficial patches which I didn't list above.

I'm still looking for a mod that'd allow you to sleep anywhere without requiring a mattress or a perk from Lonesome Road DLC. Something like blankets from Fallout 3. Hopefully someone will port this mod one day.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 23 2015, 04:33 PM
Post #38

Spam Meister
Group Icon

That was an interesting list, Lopov..

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jun 22 2015, 08:40 PM) *

...but what does this mod do?? Thereīs no explanation!! ohmy.gif What does it dooooo??? panic.gif

Edit: tongue.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Jun 23 2015, 04:34 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 24 2015, 07:29 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Jun 22 2015, 02:40 PM) *

My main mods for New Vegas:

Active Wasteland - makes it possible to interact with some object like lamps, hydrants, coffee machines etc...

Burning Campfire - when you activate a campfire, it'll burn for a while

Delay DLC - stops annoying messages "This DLC has been loaded. Level cap increased", instead it prevents them from loading unless you get to close to its starting location or your level is high enough

Sheriff Meyers - a simple mod which gives Meyers a true sheriff outfit instead of letting him wear his Powder Ganger armor when he becomes a sheriff

NPCs travel - adds a bunch of respawning travelers, making FNV a less desolate place. At first I liked that Mojave is more or less deserted but with time I was longing to see some life in the desert

Frequency of assassination attempts - a mod that lets you choose how long you want intervals to be between Legion/NCR hit squads. I have mine set to 21 days, default is 3

Grimy Pre-War Businesswear fix - in the vanilla game a wrong texture is used so all businesswears have the same texture, this mod fixes it and uses the appropriate texture

Hall of Face - HiRes faces, eyes,...

Headgear Revamp - makes it possible to wear certain headgear together

Karma Killing Fix - you no longer get rewarded with good karma for killing Fiends

Leather backpack - adds a leather backpack to the game, obviously, one also involves a mattress, so you can sleep anywhere

Merchants repair any armor - even those without any DT

More seatable couches - you can't interact quite a few of them in the base game

Mojave Radio and FNV Radio extenders

Nights are Darker - ...

Nipton Revisited - clears burning fire and removes crucified victims after some time passes

No Empty Message - removes the annoying empty message from containers

Extra Actions - allows you to open safes with explosives, force lock with melee weapons etc...Find links for other mods in the Description section

PipBoys to the people - adds PipBoys to some people that should have them in first place

Primm Reputation Restored - for some reason Primm Rep was cut from the final release

Radial Blur Remover - removes annoying blur when hit or in VATS

Real Smokes - adds smokeable cigarettes

ReElijahfied - makes Elijah looks like he looks on the hologram

SCC - allows you to recruit any NPC. Must be used in conjuction with SCC Heal Fix because the original version doesn't allow you to heal followers

Screen Blood - Optional Plugins - removes blood from screen when hit. The newest version is complicated and comes with too many features of if someone's interested in merely removing blood, you have to use an older version of the mod

Shorter Chem Wear Off effects - does what it says

Sheriff Duster - increases its DT

Sit Anywhere - press X and sit down anywhere

Solar's Bottled Water - allows you to bottle water

Mods from Someguy2000 - New Vegas Bounties I & II, The Inheritance? (the best quest mods for FNV IMO)

Stronger Merchants - they no longer get killed that easily

The Strip Credit Check - increase it to 5000 or 10000

Throw and Retrieve - allows you to retrieve thrown items if the target was hit. Works well with Throwing Knives replenishment which adds TKs to merchants and raiders

Ultimate Invisible Wall Remover - removes some invisible barriers

That's most of them. I use some body replacers, Breeze for males and Dimonized Type 3 for women and corresponding armor sets, I also use unofficial patches which I didn't list above.

I'm still looking for a mod that'd allow you to sleep anywhere without requiring a mattress or a perk from Lonesome Road DLC. Something like blankets from Fallout 3. Hopefully someone will port this mod one day.

Some of these mods I am very excited about and can see them becoming "Must haves" - like the backpack bedroll, (but truthfully - wish they had a lesser mattress looking thing and more like a blanket on the ground, or an animal fur that unrolled to a flat bed).

Sit anywhere is another; and SomeGuy's mod sounds very interesting. There were more; all in all a great list you have here, thank you so much for providing the links for us to find them!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 24 2015, 08:27 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

I forgot to mention the Hall of Face - spectacular mod !!!!! What a fantastic job they did on the textures, I wonder if that will port to FO3?

--------------------
+Quote Post

14 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:27 PM