21 Pages V « < 18 19 20 21 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
ghastley
post Mar 22 2020, 03:36 AM
Post #381

Councilor
Group Icon

I got Gardner House mainly for the proximity to Rolis. That where I always go to turn i Master Writs, rather than his other two locations.

Mine is still looking a bit bare. I need to have Laurie make some more Breton stuff.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Apr 2 2020, 08:57 PM
Post #382

Mouth
Group Icon

Just bought a bundle for 700 crowns that includes a bunch of provisioners' stuff. Has a bunch of furnishings, a provisioning station, a baker's costume, and a book that gives you all the food recipes you do not know. It gave me 32; I was surprised Cincy knew so many. I think it is a really good deal (it is on sale right now on the front page of the Crown Store) if anybody is interested in it.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Apr 9 2020, 10:41 PM
Post #383

Mouth
Group Icon

I cannot tell you how aggravating it has been to find out that not every race has dishes and drinkware specific to them. And in the middle of a particular project.

I've almost completed the Gardner House and while I was making the dining room, I had an epiphany. I realized that, when I was putting my two tables I made together, I was going to have 10 chairs...which corresponds exactly to the number of major races in Tamriel. "Petfect idea!" I thought. "I'll put a cup and plate/bowl correaponding to a different race at each chair!" I went into the Crown Store for a lot of stuff and went exploring for each race, but there was a lot that I made too. I had Argonian, Altmer, Orcish...

"Wait a minute, are you serious?"

Well, as it turns out, some races are missing their own style for a cup and/or plate/bowl. Bretons? No plate or bowl, just a cup. Nords? Pots and cauldrons and even a drinking horn, but apparently they do not need regular plates or cups. Dunmer? Well, there is a cruet and decanter, but regular cups/bowls/plates must come from one of their Great Houses. (I bought a Hlaalu plate from the Crown Store because I refuse to have anything Dres in my houses. [Censored] those slave-driving degenerates.) Similarly, Khajiit don't have "Khajiit" bowls or regular drink-sized cups; those are Elsweyr-style.

But worst of all: Imperial dishware of any kind? Absolutely NONE. No cups or bowls or plates or what-have-you. Hell, they don't even have any cookware for a stand-in. I've had to improvise and use a Common plate and cup that I guess can pass off as Imperial.

*sigh*

Oh the plus side, my Gardner House is very close to being complete. I just need to fill in the book cases with books, but I'm low on funds. On the other hand, despite the fact that every book you could get woupd total more than 300 furnishings, I have enough room to make that work and still have something like 50 furnishing slots left.

Also, I think I am making the Hall of the Lunar Champion work for me in a way that is satisfying. Although I still wish I could have a few more furnishing slots, I only need a roof on my deck and stuff for the 3rd room when I get the requisite tablet. Looking forward to showing both houses off at some point in the near future.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Apr 9 2020, 10:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 9 2020, 10:57 PM
Post #384

Paladin
Group Icon

"Hi, my name is Rader. I'm a housing-holic." tongue.gif

I think Rider can brief you on some of the more advanced symptoms.

Seriously, it's too bad that the game doesn't support your neat dining concept. kvright.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Apr 10 2020, 07:12 PM
Post #385

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 9 2020, 05:57 PM) *

Seriously, it's too bad that the game doesn't support your neat dining concept. kvright.gif

I guess it's somewhat ironic that in real life I find channels like HGTV and DIY Network to be incredibly boring yet in this game I'm really into the housing aspect. I didn't care at all about housing at first, but when I got enough gold to buy my first house I got sucked in.

Rider is crazy. tongue.gif No way am I attempting to get every house in the game.

Yeah, it is annoying, but my improvisations seemed to have worked out alright, at least.

I finished up the Gardner House last night! It's my proudest work yet. I'm eager to show everyone. All the books totaled just over 300 furnishings, and I put EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM in alphabetical order. Gosse can attest to this, as she saw me ordering them in stacks on the floor. Unfortunately, the way collision is registering on the bookshelves isn't actually letting anyone read the books from the shelf, but I was really just doing it for the aesthetic and one could just go to the Eidetic Memory anyway.

It's my primary residence so anyone can go visit it, but I'd prefer to introduce it first.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 10 2020, 07:44 PM
Post #386

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Apr 2 2020, 03:57 PM) *

Just bought a bundle for 700 crowns that includes a bunch of provisioners' stuff. Has a bunch of furnishings, a provisioning station, a baker's costume, and a book that gives you all the food recipes you do not know. It gave me 32; I was surprised Cincy knew so many. I think it is a really good deal (it is on sale right now on the front page of the Crown Store) if anybody is interested in it.

I am pretty sure I bought this one; but was debating which character to have read the recipe book. I was really afraid to let Misa read it in case she already had them all and it would be totally wasted; but then if there were some she was missing then she should have them first since she is my main crafting character. I actually only bought that bundle for the three emotes, lol.

Anyway; I never made the decision on who should read the recipe book; because my PC crashed and I no longer have a computer capable of handling ESO. (or Fallout 4 even) verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 10 2020, 08:01 PM
Post #387

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Apr 9 2020, 05:41 PM) *

I cannot tell you how aggravating it has been to find out that not every race has dishes and drinkware specific to them. And in the middle of a particular project.

I've almost completed the Gardner House and while I was making the dining room, I had an epiphany. I realized that, when I was putting my two tables I made together, I was going to have 10 chairs...which corresponds exactly to the number of major races in Tamriel. "Petfect idea!" I thought. "I'll put a cup and plate/bowl correaponding to a different race at each chair!" I went into the Crown Store for a lot of stuff and went exploring for each race, but there was a lot that I made too. I had Argonian, Altmer, Orcish...

"Wait a minute, are you serious?"

Well, as it turns out, some races are missing their own style for a cup and/or plate/bowl. Bretons? No plate or bowl, just a cup. Nords? Pots and cauldrons and even a drinking horn, but apparently they do not need regular plates or cups. Dunmer? Well, there is a cruet and decanter, but regular cups/bowls/plates must come from one of their Great Houses. (I bought a Hlaalu plate from the Crown Store because I refuse to have anything Dres in my houses. [Censored] those slave-driving degenerates.) Similarly, Khajiit don't have "Khajiit" bowls or regular drink-sized cups; those are Elsweyr-style.

But worst of all: Imperial dishware of any kind? Absolutely NONE. No cups or bowls or plates or what-have-you. Hell, they don't even have any cookware for a stand-in. I've had to improvise and use a Common plate and cup that I guess can pass off as Imperial.

*sigh*

Oh the plus side, my Gardner House is very close to being complete. I just need to fill in the book cases with books, but I'm low on funds. On the other hand, despite the fact that every book you could get woupd total more than 300 furnishings, I have enough room to make that work and still have something like 50 furnishing slots left.

Also, I think I am making the Hall of the Lunar Champion work for me in a way that is satisfying. Although I still wish I could have a few more furnishing slots, I only need a roof on my deck and stuff for the 3rd room when I get the requisite tablet. Looking forward to showing both houses off at some point in the near future.

For Dark Elves = Great House Redoran has a full set of dishes, utensils, and serving pieces.

All the Imperial furnishing stuff is the same as the Breton style; just colored slightly differently; if that helps at all.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 10 2020, 08:47 PM
Post #388

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Apr 10 2020, 02:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 9 2020, 05:57 PM) *

I guess it's somewhat ironic that in real life I find channels like HGTV and DIY Network to be incredibly boring yet in this game I'm really into the housing aspect. I didn't care at all about housing at first, but when I got enough gold to buy my first house I got sucked in.

Rider is crazy. tongue.gif No way am I attempting to get every house in the game.

Yeah, it is annoying, but my improvisations seemed to have worked out alright, at least.

I finished up the Gardner House last night! It's my proudest work yet. I'm eager to show everyone. All the books totaled just over 300 furnishings, and I put EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM in alphabetical order. Gosse can attest to this, as she saw me ordering them in stacks on the floor. Unfortunately, the way collision is registering on the bookshelves isn't actually letting anyone read the books from the shelf, but I was really just doing it for the aesthetic and one could just go to the Eidetic Memory anyway.

It's my primary residence so anyone can go visit it, but I'd prefer to introduce it first.

Oh darn it! I really want to see how you decorated it, verysad.gif

I really hope they can fix my PC so I can get back into ESO. If they do; I will def come to see it!

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 10 2020, 08:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Apr 11 2020, 04:01 PM
Post #389

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 10 2020, 03:01 PM) *

For Dark Elves = Great House Redoran has a full set of dishes, utensils, and serving pieces.

All the Imperial furnishing stuff is the same as the Breton style; just colored slightly differently; if that helps at all.

Problem is that Imperial have no dishware to speak of, while Bretons only have a cup. I had to improvise and use Common style stuff for the Breton plate/bowl, Nord plate, and Imperial cup and plate/bowl. They are somewhat able to pass off as those races' style dishware, but still disappointed.

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 10 2020, 03:47 PM) *

I really hope they can fix my PC so I can get back into ESO. If they do; I will def come to see it!

I've been hearing about your computer troubles. Sorry to hear about them. kvleft.gif Hopefully it all gets fixed soon.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 11 2020, 05:33 PM
Post #390

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Apr 11 2020, 11:01 AM) *

*snip*
QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 10 2020, 03:47 PM) *

I've been hearing about your computer troubles. Sorry to hear about them. kvleft.gif Hopefully it all gets fixed soon.

Thanks, I hope so too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Apr 12 2020, 05:58 AM
Post #391

Mouth
Group Icon

I also completed the deck for my Hall of the Lunar Champion! Last week, I added some Alinor Column, Timeworn furnishing, and this morning, I used Limestone Stairways (putting them back in my inventory several times as I ascended them) and placed 4 pieces of Elsweyr Floor, Masonry at the top of the columns. It took a lot of tiny movements to get the floors connected in a way that makes them look like one cohesive piece, as so many times the edges of the floors did not connect in a straight manner. Then this evening I hung up 2 Orcish Chandelier, Practical pieces for the lighting. I have other things set up on the deck, but I'll wait to show everybody.

I must say, a lot of my previous disappointment with the Hall has worn off. After some rearranging of furnishings and taking some out, I have a good amount of room left for when I get the third room of the Hall. Kind of a tough decision between whether to make the Hall my primary residence when it is all finished, or to keep it as the Gardner House (which became my primary this past week after finishing it).

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Jun 21 2020, 03:13 PM
Post #392

Mouth
Group Icon

I bought Proudspire Manor and Humblemud (quite the disparity, I know) within the last couple weeks. Proudspire has been coming along decently and I already have Humblemud completed. I know I said that Proudspire would also probably be my last house but...I kind of want to get Snugpod and The Ample Domicile.

Humblemud is my only truly, mostly Argonian-themed house (with a little bit of Bosmer). Might be ironic considering I mainly play Argonians, but whatever. For Proudspire, I have been picking up a lot of the Antiquity Furnishings, including a few Ultimate difficulty ones. The little room on the bottom floor is my predominantly Antiquity room, and I've been hunting down the Antique maps to put on the walls in there. Still have to flesh out the bottom floor fully, finish my upstairs library, and hopefully find more Antiquity seat furnishings for the dining room.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 22 2020, 07:48 AM
Post #393

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Apr 12 2020, 12:58 AM) *

I also completed the deck for my Hall of the Lunar Champion! Last week, I added some Alinor Column, Timeworn furnishing, and this morning, I used Limestone Stairways (putting them back in my inventory several times as I ascended them) and placed 4 pieces of Elsweyr Floor, Masonry at the top of the columns. It took a lot of tiny movements to get the floors connected in a way that makes them look like one cohesive piece, as so many times the edges of the floors did not connect in a straight manner. Then this evening I hung up 2 Orcish Chandelier, Practical pieces for the lighting. I have other things set up on the deck, but I'll wait to show everybody.

I must say, a lot of my previous disappointment with the Hall has worn off. After some rearranging of furnishings and taking some out, I have a good amount of room left for when I get the third room of the Hall. Kind of a tough decision between whether to make the Hall my primary residence when it is all finished, or to keep it as the Gardner House (which became my primary this past week after finishing it).

Nice! I'll have to pop in and see the changes!

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Jun 21 2020, 10:13 AM) *

I bought Proudspire Manor and Humblemud (quite the disparity, I know) within the last couple weeks. Proudspire has been coming along decently and I already have Humblemud completed. I know I said that Proudspire would also probably be my last house but...I kind of want to get Snugpod and The Ample Domicile.

Humblemud is my only truly, mostly Argonian-themed house (with a little bit of Bosmer). Might be ironic considering I mainly play Argonians, but whatever. For Proudspire, I have been picking up a lot of the Antiquity Furnishings, including a few Ultimate difficulty ones. The little room on the bottom floor is my predominantly Antiquity room, and I've been hunting down the Antique maps to put on the walls in there. Still have to flesh out the bottom floor fully, finish my upstairs library, and hopefully find more Antiquity seat furnishings for the dining room.

Those Nordic Thrones are dropping like flies; I haven't even tried for them and have four already.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 26 2020, 03:48 AM
Post #394

Mouth
Group Icon

Really annoying how much Heartwood and Mundane Runes have gone up in price just because these new vampire furnishings have come out (that's what seems to be the culprit anyway), but I digress.

I bought up a couple of apartments and decked them out to have more variety in style and location as well as to have something smaller and cheaper, but there is one larger house I have added to my holdings. You all are more than welcome to check out what I got at:
  • Stay-Moist Mansion (Cincy's main home)
  • Sisters of the Sands Apartments
  • Barbed Hook Private Room

And because I just can't beat my housing addiction, these are the next homes I have my eyes or am considering:
  • Hunding's Palatial Hall
  • Bouldertree Refuge
  • Ald Velothi Harbor House
  • Gorinir Estate
  • Grymharth's Woe
  • Domus Phrasticus

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 28 2020, 02:38 PM
Post #395

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Aug 25 2020, 09:48 PM) *

Really annoying how much Heartwood and Mundane Runes have gone up in price just because these new vampire furnishings have come out (that's what seems to be the culprit anyway), but I digress.

I bought up a couple of apartments and decked them out to have more variety in style and location as well as to have something smaller and cheaper, but there is one larger house I have added to my holdings. You all are more than welcome to check out what I got at:
And because I just can't beat my housing addiction, these are the next homes I have my eyes or am considering:
  • Bouldertree Refuge
  • Gorinir Estate
  • Grymharth's Woe
  • Domus Phrasticus

I really like the Domus, Ald Velothi, and Hunding properties. Hunding served as our Chorrol guildhall for a while. mALX did a great job of decorating it.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 2 2020, 05:29 AM
Post #396

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Aug 25 2020, 10:48 PM) *

• Bouldertree Refuge
  • Gorinir Estate
  • Grymharth's Woe
  • Domus Phrasticus

I've seen a lot of your decorating; and I am totally impressed by what you manage to do with these places!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 10 2020, 12:15 AM
Post #397

Mouth
Group Icon

Hunding's Palatial Hall is mine! Bought it the other day. It's coming along pretty nicely, but I'm really tired of these prices for building materials, particularly Mundane Runes. That's making it harder to finish.

After Hunding's, I'm going to get Black Vine Villa next because it is cheap and small while still being a decent size. Then Domus Phrasticus. Then...honestly, I think I'm going to force myself to stop. I know, I've said that before. But I have poured so much time and money into these houses. As much as I love it, there are other things to spend money on as well. I want to also get some of the pricier furnishing plans. Plus, I could then focus on scaling up the properties I do have and putting the tiny finishing touches on whatever places' need it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 13 2020, 07:25 PM
Post #398

Mouth
Group Icon

Hunding's Palatial Hall is ready for viewing. I want to add a few more Undaunted busts when I get them, but the other 99.9% of the house is done. Next time any of you are on and I am on at the same time, hit me up and I'll show you around.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 4 2020, 05:15 PM
Post #399

Councilor
Group Icon

Since Tiddli got the Mara's Kiss room when she opened the Room to Spare quest at the wrong time, we've dumped all the mushrooms we didn't want from the event in there.

We now call the place Fungal Grotto III.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 4 2020, 06:47 PM
Post #400

Paladin
Group Icon

Hee! Buffy has a mushroom patch at the Arteum Palace (aka furnishing warehouse).

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

21 Pages V « < 18 19 20 21 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:27 PM