Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

23 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TK's Mod Questions Thread, Got mod problems, or are you just lost with a tool?
TheOtherRick
post Mar 14 2011, 04:56 AM
Post #61

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 13 2011, 10:13 PM) *

Ok, I just blue-screened again, and got the info (not sure if it is the same cause or not, but here it is):

PFN_List_Corrupt

0x0000004E (0x00000099, 0x000B7F16, 0x00000002, 0x0003633D)

After yelling those numbers, I think you're supposed to say, "Hutt...Hutt...HIKE!" blink.gif

Sorry mALX...I know I shouldn't joke about your troubles...please forgive me. embarrased.gif

--------------------
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

The Talendor Chronicles is my first fan fiction attempt.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 14 2011, 05:00 AM
Post #62

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheOtherRick @ Mar 13 2011, 11:56 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 13 2011, 10:13 PM) *

Ok, I just blue-screened again, and got the info (not sure if it is the same cause or not, but here it is):

PFN_List_Corrupt

0x0000004E (0x00000099, 0x000B7F16, 0x00000002, 0x0003633D)

After yelling those numbers, I think you're supposed to say, "Hutt...Hutt...HIKE!" blink.gif

Sorry mALX...I know I shouldn't joke about your troubles...please forgive me. embarrased.gif

I am about ready to drop back five yards and punt, this PC is only about two years old - HP will never see another septim of mine after this !!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 14 2011, 05:21 AM
Post #63

Mouth
Group Icon

@mALX: I have posted my response to your problems in a new thread here. This one is getting dragged off-topic.

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Mar 14 2011, 05:28 AM

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
TheOtherRick
post Mar 17 2011, 10:39 PM
Post #64

Finder
Group Icon

Okay then....new mod question...Is there a Better Bodies mod for Oblivion out there similar to the one made for Morrowind? The vanilla bodies aren't bad, compared to Morrowind, but I was just curious.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 17 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #65

Mouth
Group Icon

Plenty. The best IMHO are EVE HGEC and Robert's Male Body. I personally only use the former, but that's entirely up to you. EVE also comes with optional compatibility for several larger mods.

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Mar 17 2011, 10:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 19 2011, 08:16 AM
Post #66

Mouth
Group Icon

Quick update from me:

I have recently exorcised a crash from my game. It would occasionally occur if I was doing a lot of scrolling through list menus, and it was not a very pretty crash, either. I needed to restart my computer every time it happened.

The problem? The graphics drivers. Oblivion was not playing nice with them, long story short.

I have addressed this by DOWNgrading my drivers to version 197.45 (from 260.99). The reason for this is because a large number of changes occurred in the core architecture of the drivers when the 200 series first went global, and we all know how sensitive Oblivion is to losing the status quo. I am posting this as a small caution to anyone else here using an nVidia GeForce 8 series card. You may not want to go to the 200 series drivers if Oblivion is your most played game; stick to the 100 series.

Again, this ONLY applies to people who have a 8 series GeForce GPU unless anyone here has a different (9 series or GTX model) card from my own and is experiencing the same thing.

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Mar 19 2011, 08:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheOtherRick
post Mar 23 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #67

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Mar 19 2011, 02:16 AM) *

Quick update from me:

I have recently exorcised a crash from my game. It would occasionally occur if I was doing a lot of scrolling through list menus, and it was not a very pretty crash, either. I needed to restart my computer every time it happened.

The problem? The graphics drivers. Oblivion was not playing nice with them, long story short.

I have addressed this by DOWNgrading my drivers to version 197.45 (from 260.99). The reason for this is because a large number of changes occurred in the core architecture of the drivers when the 200 series first went global, and we all know how sensitive Oblivion is to losing the status quo. I am posting this as a small caution to anyone else here using an nVidia GeForce 8 series card. You may not want to go to the 200 series drivers if Oblivion is your most played game; stick to the 100 series.

Again, this ONLY applies to people who have a 8 series GeForce GPU unless anyone here has a different (9 series or GTX model) card from my own and is experiencing the same thing.

I use ATI Radeon rather than nVidia GeForce. I've never had any driver issues. Is this luck or coincidence? Currently running ATI Radeon HD 5770...

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 23 2011, 04:38 PM
Post #68

Ancient
Group Icon

GAAAAH! I use GE Force NVidia 8600 GT - ... GAAAAAH ...?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 23 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #69

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheOtherRick @ Mar 17 2011, 03:39 PM) *

Okay then....new mod question...Is there a Better Bodies mod for Oblivion out there similar to the one made for Morrowind? The vanilla bodies aren't bad, compared to Morrowind, but I was just curious.

*irritated muttering can be heard emanating from TK's home*

ATI's numbering system confuses the living daylights out of me. nVidia is just so much easier for me to manage. wacko.gif

Many say nVidia cards are the real man's card; the real gamer's card. I happen to agree with them... I simply do not think many women can stand the dosage of Ibuprofen needed to keep those things running smoothly. blink.gif

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Mar 23 2011, 11:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 24 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #70

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Mar 19 2011, 03:16 AM) *

Quick update from me:

I switched to Nvidia after they muscled 3dfx out of the business, and have never had a real complaint. My current drivers are version 263.09, but I have a GTX 580. I have never had Oblivion crash and then been forced to reboot. In fact, I do not think I have ever had Oblivion crash. I do get period lockups of FO3, but I can ctrl+alt+del out of it and close it with task manager with no problems. As understand it, that is not an unusual problem with FO3.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 24 2011, 12:18 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 24 2011, 09:18 AM
Post #71

Mouth
Group Icon

That's one of the downsides of playing a heavily modded game, 'Rosa. You can make the game so much better, but you will see an increase in crashing. I can run for about 1 to 2 hours tops in my games, which is perfectly fine by me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Apr 10 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #72

Mouth
Group Icon

Alright guys, this time I have a question for you.

I am trying to figure out how to handle the lost city of Sutch in my game. As you are well aware, Bethesda originally planned to have ten cities included with Oblivion, but at the last minute, Sutch (the tenth city) was cut out of the game almost completely. The only remnants of the city we see today are a ruined fort which contains an important figure to the DB questline, meaning BethSoft had likely finished the city up to that point when it was decided the city be cut, and an Oblivion Gate with an unmarked quest tied to it (Sutch's old static city gate).

Recently, two potential candidates have come to my attention. The first is this one:

ImpeREAL Empire - Unique Cities, Sutch

The author is well respected by me, as I am using three of his mods at this time (although I will admit I had a hand in the creation of one of them, this one). The idea is simple: bring back the city of Sutch as a full city. Note that this mod is still in beta, however, and I will not be willing to commit myself until a full release occurs.

However, there is another project (still in alpha, though) that aims to recreate Sutch as a small village. Again, the author is well respected by me, and we are on quite good terms over at the BGS modding forum. This is a pretty neat idea, and would help a lot with the ret-con involved with Bethesda's treatment of Sutch over Oblivion's development. This way, if they really did move Sutch to Hammerfell, the mod doesn't clash with the new lore, and it is also perfectly realistic for small hamlets to be named after larger cities.

Thoughts?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 10 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #73

Ancient
Group Icon

King Coin downloaded one of the Sutch mods and had nothing but trouble from it - but I don't know which one it was. He can tell you better than I can which mod and what went wrong. It was something like "Sutch Rebuilt," or "Sutch Revisited" - some name like that.

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 10 2011, 11:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Apr 10 2011, 11:18 PM
Post #74

Mouth
Group Icon

That's why I'm only interested in the above two. smile.gif

I am aware of the problems previous Sutch Rebuilt mods have had; the two I have detailed are brand new "reboots" of the idea of bringing Sutch back to the game. Both of the authors are well respected, and both of them have peaked my interest. Problem is, they are not going to be compatible with each other, and even if they were, I would only want to use one.

So what shall it be? City or village?

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Apr 10 2011, 11:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Apr 11 2011, 02:09 AM
Post #75

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Apr 10 2011, 04:59 PM) *

King Coin downloaded one of the Sutch mods and had nothing but trouble from it - but I don't know which one it was. He can tell you better than I can which mod and what went wrong. It was something like "Sutch Rebuilt," or "Sutch Revisited" - some name like that.

Dragon Captions - The Imperial City of Sutch Reborn

That thing was a big POS and I'm never getting anything by Dragon Captions again.

Personally, I'd be more interested in a city than a village mod.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 16 2011, 12:30 AM
Post #76

Master
Group Icon

So I downloaded nearly all the stuff mentioned in the OP.

But now I'm wondering which order I should install first? Wrye or OBMM? And so on? Does it matter?

I didn't install Oblivion in the default location (My Programs); instead I have it installed in My Documents/Oblivion Files (to keep all my TES-related files in one location). It's right below My Games in the My Documents window. I also created a new Library to link to it as Windows Explorer defaults to Libraries when you open it.

It seems like it takes the installers a little longer to find Oblivion, but find it they do.

But I am still having trouble getting the CS to work. I keep getting these error messages on launch:
Unable to load CTL file
Cannot load atmosphere model
Cannot load the stars
Cannot load the clouds

Then it gives me the option to look up problem on the internet and close, or simply close. If I select look up the problem, it spins for a while, then closes without any further messages.

This is driving me nuts!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Apr 16 2011, 01:08 AM
Post #77

Mouth
Group Icon

"Unable to load CTL file" errors mean the CS can't find resources it is looking for. If you have a ConstructionSet.ini file, check that the file names listed in the sArchiveList entry match the file names for the base Oblivion resource BSAs. They must also match the same entries in the sArchiveList section in Oblivion.ini, as well.

Also, make sure you have installed the construction set in the same place as Oblivion.

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Apr 16 2011, 01:09 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 16 2011, 03:21 AM
Post #78

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Apr 15 2011, 08:08 PM) *

Also, make sure you have installed the construction set in the same place as Oblivion.

Yes, your TESConstructionSet.exe file has to be in the same folder as your Oblivion.exe file.

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 16 2011, 03:40 PM
Post #79

Master
Group Icon

That was the problem - I had the CS in its own subfolder next to the Oblivion.exe. I simply moved the CS.exe and the associated .dll file out of the subfolder and now it runs! The only thing left in the CS subfolder is the ReadMe, which isn't necessary for the program to launch and run. Thanks!

I'm still getting used to the installing and file hierarchy system of Windows. Subtle differences like this is what sets the two apart.

I'm off now to explore the CS and learn what I can do with it. I'll be back with more questions, but for now I'm using the online tutorial at the TES CS wiki.

Thanks to all who have been helping me, both on this thread and on the other!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Apr 16 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #80

Mouth
Group Icon

Rider, I'd also recommend you check out this website, as well. They have some excellent lessons on how to use the CS.

--------------------
+Quote Post

23 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:26 PM