User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Feb 26 2013, 01:12 AM
Post #42

Forum Bard
Group Icon

I've been playing the multiplayer for several days now and it is great. The competetive but non adversarial way that it works makes it tons of fun. I've had this game for all this time but never tried the MP until about a week ago. Now I've found myself refreshed with the series.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 26 2013, 02:51 AM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Feb 25 2013, 06:12 PM) *

I've been playing the multiplayer for several days now and it is great. The competetive but non adversarial way that it works makes it tons of fun. I've had this game for all this time but never tried the MP until about a week ago. Now I've found myself refreshed with the series.

It's the only MP I will play. I've got a female friend who is just as obsessed with this trilogy as I am, and we played when I still had Gold.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 26 2013, 03:24 PM
Post #44

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 26 2013, 01:51 AM) *

It's the only MP I will play. I've got a female friend who is just as obsessed with this trilogy as I am, and we played when I still had Gold.

I loved ME3's multiplayer; before I lost my account which had all my progress on I played it almost religiously and had a tremendously good time doing it. I've even been throwing around ideas for an ME story revolving around one of the N7 squads you play as in my head for a wee while now.

This post has been edited by Colonel Mustard: Feb 28 2013, 01:46 PM
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 26 2013, 03:47 PM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 26 2013, 08:24 AM) *

I loved ME3's multiplayer; before I lost my account which had all my progress on I played it almost religiously and had a tremendously good time doing it. I've even been throwing around ideas for an ME story revolving around one of the N7 you play as in my head for a wee while now.

I would read that, lol. So far, all of the ME fics I've read are just awful. Just really, REALLY bad.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 26 2013, 03:52 PM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 26 2013, 02:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 26 2013, 08:24 AM) *

I loved ME3's multiplayer; before I lost my account which had all my progress on I played it almost religiously and had a tremendously good time doing it. I've even been throwing around ideas for an ME story revolving around one of the N7 you play as in my head for a wee while now.

I would read that, lol. So far, all of the ME fics I've read are just awful. Just really, REALLY bad.

That's the case with most fanfiction, really; for every diamond out there there's buckets upon buckets of swill you need to wade through to find it. Mass Effect is a pretty popular universe to write fan fiction for, so while the swill:diamond ratio seems to be about the same it seems to be much worse on account of the sheer volume of swill.

Damn, now I've used the word 'swill' so many times it doesn't feel like a real word any more.
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 26 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

XD to be fair, I wasn't too interested in reading ME fiction. When Skyrim came out and I got REALLY into it, I wanted to read fiction about that even more. I wanted to see if there was any fanfiction about Thane, but...just... wow. I just want some good, solid FemShep fiction without her boning everyone on the Citadel.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 26 2013, 04:05 PM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 26 2013, 03:04 PM) *

XD to be fair, I wasn't too interested in reading ME fiction. When Skyrim came out and I got REALLY into it, I wanted to read fiction about that even more. I wanted to see if there was any fanfiction about Thane, but...just... wow. I just want some good, solid FemShep fiction without her boning everyone on the Citadel.

Well, to be fair, there are lots of fics that don't have that. They just have her angsting and whinging all the time instead. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 26 2013, 04:09 PM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 26 2013, 09:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 26 2013, 03:04 PM) *

Well, to be fair, there are lots of fics that don't have that. They just have her angsting and whinging all the time instead. tongue.gif

Yeah, they do XD It really turned me off on ME fiction. IN MY head, FemShep is hardened, gets the job done but never, EVER forgets the lives that her actions have cost, nor the lives that are lost by the invasion. She is gentle with those she cares about, but won't beat around the bush if they're being stupid. Not "Oh Thane/Kaiden/Liara/Garrus/wtf ever, I'm in soooooo much pain in my heart! Let's go to bed and DO IT!" XD

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Feb 27 2013, 02:44 AM
Post #50

Mouth
Group Icon

I haven't chimed in on this discussion because I may be the one person who is glad that 3 turned out the way it did. The outcry over it has been so deafening that I believe Bioware is going to be forced to revisit it, which means that we haven't seen the last of Shepard yet. If Bioware were smart (which, over time, they have proven to be with the glaring exceptions of ME3's ending and Dragon Age II) they might consider incorporating ideas raised in the wonderful fan-made documentary, The Indoctrination Theory.

Too many people invested too much into the series to leave it the way it is now. I think Bioware is going to crank out DA3 for the next-gen consoles and then I think they are going back to Mass Effect... and Commander Shepard.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 27 2013, 03:45 AM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Feb 26 2013, 07:44 PM) *

I haven't chimed in on this discussion because I may be the one person who is glad that 3 turned out the way it did. The outcry over it has been so deafening that I believe Bioware is going to be forced to revisit it, which means that we haven't seen the last of Shepard yet. If Bioware were smart (which, over time, they have proven to be with the glaring exceptions of ME3's ending and Dragon Age II) they might consider incorporating ideas raised in the wonderful fan-made documentary, The Indoctrination Theory.

Too many people invested too much into the series to leave it the way it is now. I think Bioware is going to crank out DA3 for the next-gen consoles and then I think they are going back to Mass Effect... and Commander Shepard.

I've watched that, and right after I did, I felt a LITTLE better, but still extremely sad. I haven't watched the second part of it(I think there are two parts?)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 27 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #52

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Feb 27 2013, 01:44 AM) *

The thing about the Indoctrination Theory is that it basically boils down to Shepard being hit by the beam, hallucinating the canon endings and then...nothing, really. There's no more closure or wrapping up of events than their was in the orginal ending, really, and just comes to the same problem via a slightly different route.

And I believe the offical Bioware line is that they're going to do more Mass Effect, but without Shepard. Casey Hudson stated in an interview that 'Commander Shepard's story ended at the end of Mass Effect 3' so that strikes me as pretty final.
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 27 2013, 10:11 PM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

They are doing another one, I think it's when the First Contact Wars started.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 27 2013, 10:18 PM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 27 2013, 09:11 PM) *
They are doing another one, I think it's when the First Contact Wars started.

That's the current theory, yeah. Personally I'd like one following Wrex's career; that would be awesome.
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 27 2013, 10:20 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

Have you seen the animated movie paragon Lost? I cried. I'll admit it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 27 2013, 10:22 PM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 27 2013, 09:20 PM) *

Oh, that's out? I haven't yet, no.
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 27 2013, 10:24 PM
Post #57

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 27 2013, 03:22 PM) *

Freddie Prinze Jr. does the voice in the movie as well as the game for Vega.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 28 2013, 01:38 PM
Post #58

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 27 2013, 09:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 27 2013, 03:22 PM) *

Freddie Prinze Jr. does the voice in the movie as well as the game for Vega.

Yeah, I saw the little teaser sample the makers released on Youtube; his voice alright. You'd hope it would be though, considering that he's the main character. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Feb 28 2013, 05:49 PM
Post #59

Master
Group Icon

Ooh, ooh, one thing I remembered; Elizabeth, thinking of Mass Effect-related paerphanalia that makes you cry, have you read Blue Rose of Ilium? Because if you haven't, it's absolutely phenominal. It will also make you cry. Like a goddamn baby.
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 28 2013, 06:11 PM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Feb 28 2013, 10:49 AM) *

Ooh, ooh, one thing I remembered; Elizabeth, thinking of Mass Effect-related paerphanalia that makes you cry, have you read Blue Rose of Ilium? Because if you haven't, it's absolutely phenominal. It will also make you cry. Like a goddamn baby.

No, because I know what its about and I refuse to XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:24 PM