> What are you playing?
Dark Reaper
post Feb 16 2020, 05:55 PM
Post #4221

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 15 2020, 09:50 PM) *

The switch you just bought?!

Yep...for some reason the JoyCons in the V2 Switches seem to be defective. This is the second time I bought a V2 Switch and the JoyCons are defective. I'll buy another set of JoyCons but anymore issues with this console and I'll sell the darn thing and close my Nintendo account. If----IF I decide to get another Switch I'm getting the Lite and be done with it.

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Feb 22 2020, 08:21 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 22 2020, 11:44 AM
Post #4222

Master
Group Icon

My overlong gaming-slump continues. I've no interest whatsoever in playing anything. My once abundant stockpile of finished TpF Scenic Excursion videos, made before the slump began, has dwindled to two. Here's the first of those, leaving me with one episode in reserve:

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep 36b - Goods for Henley, Part 2 - Return to Goodstown

Contradicting what I say above, I DID launch Transport Fever yesterday with the sole intent to film a certain train route, giving me raw material for two more video. Sadly, the ride proved too 'stuttery' for use.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 22 2020, 08:20 PM
Post #4223

Master
Group Icon

Bought the Xbox One X the king of Xboxes (for now). So far I like it and now to get a 4K TV.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 22 2020, 08:22 PM
Post #4224

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Sounds expensive, Reaps. Better make good use of it biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Feb 22 2020, 08:53 PM
Post #4225

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 22 2020, 02:22 PM) *

Sounds expensive, Reaps. Better make good use of it biggrin.gif

Actually the Xbox One X was on sale for $299.99 and i should be able to find a decent price 4K tv at my local Walmart cool.gif .

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Feb 28 2020, 10:33 AM
Post #4226

Master
Group Icon

Currently playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl, with STALKER Complete mod installed. Gosh, I forgot already how dificult this game is. indifferent.gif I played it around 8 years ago for the last time. I'm spoiled with easy combat from Beth games. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: Feb 28 2020, 10:33 AM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 28 2020, 02:09 PM
Post #4227

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Feb 22 2020, 05:44 AM) *

My overlong gaming-slump continues. I've no interest whatsoever in playing anything.

I just went through one of these my self, but it was due to mostly real-life weirdness. But yeah, I had those moments mid-February when I'd sit down for my usual after-work gaming session. And then I'd decide to do something else. sad.gif I was a little worried! This time, the slump ended, but I predict as I get into my latter 50s and then 60s, I'll game less than I do now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 28 2020, 05:53 PM
Post #4228

Master
Group Icon

Must be something in the water, lol. Tried a new Skyrim run after I finished up my FO4 character, but lost interest after a few sessions. Twiddled my thumbs for a while before deciding to uninstall just about everything except ESO.

Trying to force myself into giving it a proper go.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Feb 29 2020, 10:59 AM
Post #4229

Master
Group Icon

Though my gaming-slump continues, I did manage to 'play' TpF1 long enough to capture footage needed to complete an in-progress Scenic Excursions episode, as well as footage for what will eventually become two other episodes. Speaking of which, TpF1 Scenic Excursions ep37 was published this morning. It's a short plank-delivery run. It does not number among my more 'exciting' train routes. Still, it's a decent little diversion and keeps the series active:

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions episode 37 - Planks for Goodstown Factory (YouTube Video)

As for gaming in general, it looks more and more like Gamestop might be in its death throes. Can't say I'll be sad to see it go, except for the peons who will find themselves without employment as a result.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 29 2020, 02:44 PM
Post #4230

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 28 2020, 10:53 AM) *

Must be something in the water, lol. Tried a new Skyrim run after I finished up my FO4 character, but lost interest after a few sessions. Twiddled my thumbs for a while before deciding to uninstall just about everything except ESO.

Trying to force myself into giving it a proper go.

I haven’t played Skyrim in years. It just wasn’t fun anymore.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 1 2020, 02:08 AM
Post #4231

Ancient
Group Icon

I just wrapped up January in Fallout 4. She is level 76, and has 4 days and 2 hours of playtime. That is probably my longest ever for a single character. Though one of my runs of Persephone in Skyrim might be up there.

Jan has discovered every location in the main game, and in Far Harbor and Nuka World. She has not done the main quest for the regular game, and never will. I don't like it very much. So she's done in Fallout.

I am not sure if I am going to go to Skyrim and play January as the Dragonborn there (she is a superhero after all), or maybe try another character in Fallout 4. After playing Jan in Morroblivion, Oblivion, and now Fallout 4, I am kind of in the mood for a ranged weapon character, rather than a martial artist. I have a couple characters worked up in Fallout 4, so I might try one of them a bit as a sniper and see how it works out.

But I might want to stick with Jan in Skyland instead. One frustrating thing about playing her in Fallout 4 is that game is really not made for playing a melee weapon character. Melee combat is just, really lacking, and hard to do well. It works so much better in the other games. I am also kind of in the mood to play her in a game where she can really do what she does best. Punch people in the face.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 5 2020, 10:12 PM
Post #4232

Master
Group Icon

Though my gaming-slump continues, I drummed up enough enthusiasm to 'film' another Transport Fever Scenic Excursion episode and do a tiny bit of touch-up scenery modification. I also combed the map in hope of finding non-scenery train routes that are feasible to 'scenic' without dropping FPS into the minus. No luck there.

In the process, I solved a long-standing mystery. After scrapping all non-British steam locos months ago I was able to remove some 60 (!) loco mods. A Baltimore & Ohio Mikado mod, however, couldn't be removed without keeping the game from loading. I search the map over and over again without finding a surviving Mikado. Eventually gave up, assuming it was a glitch. That mod remained active until today. I discovered the missing Mikado by sheer chance, carting logs along a train line out in the boonies. A route never glimpsed from any other tracks, and not worth riding. I had totally forgotten its existence. That Mikado is replaced now, its mod removed.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Mar 7 2020, 06:11 AM
Post #4233

Knower
Group Icon

Wrothken decided to surprise me by buying me Morrowind for the pc. My boyfriend showed me where to get the mods and kinda walked me through it, but truth be told, I got overwhelmed so I'm playing it vanilla for now.

And I have to say, it holds up for me just as well as when I first played it. I love that game so much. Still #1 in my heart. ♥

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 7 2020, 11:32 AM
Post #4234

Master
Group Icon

Ever so slightly putting a dent into my gaming slump, I drove two hour-long Eastern European train ride sessions in Trainz 2019 (TRS19) day before yesterday. I've also spent yet more time combing my TpF1 map hoping to find an as-yet not detailed train line suitable to add scenery to, with no luck. Speaking of which, my laster TpF Scenic Excursions episode was published this morning. Here it be:

Transport Fever Scenic Excursion ep 38 - Food for Chesham (YouTube video)

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 8 2020, 04:54 PM
Post #4235

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jacki Dice @ Mar 7 2020, 12:11 AM) *

Wrothken decided to surprise me by buying me Morrowind for the pc. My boyfriend showed me where to get the mods and kinda walked me through it, but truth be told, I got overwhelmed so I'm playing it vanilla for now.

And I have to say, it holds up for me just as well as when I first played it. I love that game so much. Still #1 in my heart. ♥

Same. I love Morrowind. The later games just don’t have the same magic (figuratively and literally) that Morrowind had, imo.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 14 2020, 10:41 AM
Post #4236

Master
Group Icon

My gaming slump continues, though I've driven several TRS19 train sessions. I swear its Service Pack 1, released several months ago, has made some formerly playable sessions unfinishable. The one I drove yesterday, twice, is a case in point. I last drove it prior to SP1. Short, easy session. Almost impossible to screwy up. Worked like a charm. Now, there's a signal eyesight of the final station that is red, requiring a stop. It never returns to green. This happened both tries. First time I waited a good seven minutes, figured it was a glitch, put the train in motion, only to fail the session soon as I passed that signal. Second try I stuck it out a good 15 minutes sitting at that signal. Absolutely nothing was happening at the station ahead requiring me to wait. I finally gave up and exited. Such is life.

Speaking of disasters, here's my latest TpF video:

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep 39a - ConMat for Dunwich, Part 1

The first portion of the ride covers much the same route we took during ep26, only with decent graphics quality. (Ep26 is marred by severe YT compression degradation, which I avoid this time.) It's also the map's only train route that covers almost the entirety of River Valley Mainline.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Mar 20 2020, 05:02 AM
Post #4237

Master
Group Icon

I preordered Doom Eternal and it comes with...DOOM 64!!! Ah I can't tell you how I miss playing that game happy.gif .

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 20 2020, 01:06 PM
Post #4238

Master
Group Icon

And on the complete opposite end of that spectrum....Animal Crossing: New Horizons day!

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 20 2020, 04:00 PM
Post #4239

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Mar 20 2020, 05:02 AM) *

I preordered Doom Eternal and it comes with...DOOM 64!!! Ah I can't tell you how I miss playing that game happy.gif .

Sweet! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Kane @ Mar 20 2020, 01:06 PM) *

And on the complete opposite end of that spectrum....Animal Crossing: New Horizons day!

rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif

I thought it was a DLC to Doom biggrin.gif

-------------

Star Wars Rebellion update

I now own the entire galaxy (on the Huge difficulty) except three sectors in the outer rim. I have just now entered the first of them with my Main Fleet consisting of two Interdictor Cruisers, 15 Super Star Destroyers and 20 Lancer Frigates which are very good against enemy star fighters. Oh, and I also have 180 TIE Defenders.

I like to have a small fleet when conducting business, can you tell? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 20 2020, 08:19 PM
Post #4240

Ancient
Group Icon

Been on a Total War kick lately, switching between an Irish campaign in Thrones of Britannia and Zheng Jiang the Bandit Queen campaign in Three Kingdoms.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 210 211 212 213 214 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:45 AM