SubRosa
post Dec 9 2013, 07:55 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

Got to love Blanche's reading material! laugh.gif

"I suck the marrow out of corpses."
Great way to see if Samara is paying attention! laugh.gif

Blanche suffers from potion sickness? It sounds like she has been drinking potions made my Jerric! biggrin.gif

Samara had held her hair several times as she vomited.
Now that is the sign of a true friend. Not many people will hold your long hair out of your face while you are hurling. euch!

I'm supposed to be muscle, not a babysitter!" The tusked Orc grumbled.
I feel sorry for the poor orc! Is it Lum or Kurz from the Chorrol Fighters Guild? Or maybe he's from Skingrad?

nits:
The redhead wobbled in her seat as she tried to keep herself from falling backwards in her seat.
You have a repetition of seat in the same sentence.

They offer magicka regeneration without the aid of potions.' Doesn't that sound amazing?"
Looks like Jakben also left her an apostrophe between sentences. wink.gif

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Dec 11 2013, 04:57 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Dec 13 2013, 04:30 PM
Post #42

Councilor
Group Icon

Samara leaned over. "I gasped softly as he caressed my inner thigh- Blanche, what in the hells?!"

laugh.gif It was fun to see how their friendship had developed through the banter.

Their orc companion is a real charmer. I’m looking forward to their adventure in Hrotanda Vale!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Dec 26 2013, 07:46 PM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

Sorry for the delay, y'all!! I sat on this chapter for two weeks, then completely changed it last night, lol.

-----------------

"Well, this was a good idea." Samara said to Blanche, whom of which was behind her. Blanche sighed.

"I told you I should worry." Blanche said with another sigh. Samara rolled her eyes and lightly shook her head.

"This is simple and easy. Just let me grab a few stones, and then we head out. No one gets hurt, no one dies."

"Then my pay will be for nothing." Rumbled the Orc, named Shakh, in disappointment. "You didn't hire me to sit back and not do anything. It wouldn't feel right taking your money. Let me go in and kill them so they won't kill us first."

"Nonsense. I can use my magick against them." Blanche whispered. The bandits in question were milling about the previously abandoned ruin, sleeping on worn, weathered mats or leaning against the white walls, conversing. In total, there were eight of them, wearing mismatched armor. Some wore furs, some studded leathers, and one had steel armor. Blanche peered out from behind the wall they were hiding, most likely meant as a latrine, judging from the stench emanating fro the buckets and stools.

"Use your what?" Samara said, waving a glowing blue stone in front of Blanche's face. The blonde Breton sputtered uncharacteristically.

"How did you-"

"I'm THAT good." Samara boasted, a grin on her face. The Orc wheezed a laugh. "That was good, for a thief."

"Hey!"

"Shhh!" Blanche shushed. One of the bandits perked up, pushing himself off the ground and putting a hand on his steel sword.

"Did you hear something?" He asked softly. The rest looked startled, but shook their heads, murmuring no's as they peered into the darkness.

Samara waved another stone in her hand, grinning. Blanche frowned and shoved the other woman lightly, making the orc wheeze another laugh. Samara stuck out her tongue and turned around, shaking her rear at Blanche. Shakh wheezed louder, and Blanche's frown deepened before slapping Samara's rear lightly. Samara grinned and leaned close to the two.

"That's two out of the four that are up there. I wonder why they left them there and didn't sell them?"

"The trek to the city is long," Blanche murmured softly. "And merchants often won't buy from the dirty or those who are obviously bandits. Especially not those who reside in Skingrad. They assume the stones are stolen." She frowned at Samara. "I want to see how you're getting them without them noticing."

"I as well," Shakh declared quietly. Samara cracked her knuckles and disappeared momentarily. The orc looked around, then pointed up towards the wall.

"There."

Samara inched along the wall quickly, her back against the ledge several yards above the heads of the bandits.

"How is she doing that?" Blanche breathed. "There can't be enough footing!"

"Thieves." Shakh said quietly, no audible contempt in his voice. He breathed in sharply when Samara leapt from the thin ledge to the square pillar holding the welkynd stone. She shoved the stone into the small bag she had, hiding its glow, then backtracking across the ledge, gripping holes in the wall to keep herself from falling. She lightly balanced on the ledge of the wall where they were hiding, and dropped, rolling forward, and springing up onto her toes.

"You're like a godsdamned spider!" Shakh said, patting Samara on the back, sending the young woman forward and into Blanche. Blanche was suddenly very aware of the shampoo Samara used as she steadied the younger woman. Her face flushed a little as she looked up at Samara, who grinned down at her.

"You see me?" She said before stretching her arms. She saw Blanche nod, then turn around, her voice a little unsteady.

"There's one more, then we can-"

"INTRUDERS!"

Blanche and Samara whirled to see a man and a woman, dressed in a similar fashion as the others, drawing their weapons. Shakh had already, with alarming speed, unsheathed his greatsword and was running towards the larger group of bandits. Samara disappeared, leaving Blanche alone with two bandits and their very sharp swords.

One smirked, the grime on his tanned, leathery cheek giving his blue eyes an insidious glint as he raised his sword. He dropped his sword when a bolt of lightening hit him, causing him to fall over and seize up. The other bandit, a Redguard woman with an unsure look, raised her sword at Blanche.

An arrow planted itself into her stomach and she stopped, dropping her sword. Blood spurted from the wound and she fell backwards like a tree with a thump. Blanche looked wildly around and saw Samara give her a little wave from a darkened corner, above the chaos. Blanche was glad that at least her redheaded friend was not an alien to tight situations.

She turned around as she heard a gasp from behind her to see the bandit woman she had shot gripping the shaft of the arrow. She made a pained sound as she tried to pull the arrow out. Blanche fell to her knees and grabbed the woman's wrist.

"Stop. You'll bleed to death faster than I can heal you. What's your name?"

"Suleen," The woman said weakly. Her breathing was labored, and Blanche saw that the arrow had gone right through her hide armor.

"Okay, Suleen, I'm gonna need you to slow your breathing a bit and stay calm."

"There's an arrow in my gut!" the woman cried out. Blanche put a hand over the woman's forehead and slid is across, a calming spell in her hand.

"Shhh. I've got this. You're not the first battle wound I've dealt with. What are you doing with bandits, Suleen?"

"My son-" She whimpered in pain, gripping Blanche's wrist tightly. "Is very sick. He's at the Temple, and they're saying I can't afford the treatment he needs to get better."

"That doesn't sound right. Tell me about his illness." Blanche gripped the shaft of the arrow and conjured a pair of heavy-duty scissors and began cutting away at the armor.

"He's three. Very smart, but has a cancerous sickness. If I could just get part of the cut of one job here-don't pull it out!" Her voice rose several octaves when she realized Blanche was gripping the arrow.

"I'm not. Keep talking. I'm going to get this armor off of you, alright?"

"Okay." Suleen gulped, sweat on her body. "His name is Malen." Swords clanked in the background, and cries of pain rang out. Blanche turned Suleen on her side, making the Redguard woman groan in pain. She kept talking as her armor was pulled off.

"He flirts with any pretty woman, and really loves blondes."

Blanche smiled a little, despite the sight she was seeing. The arrow hadn't traveled all the way through Suleen's body. A quick ,gentle twist of the shaft told Blanche that the arrowhead had loosened, the binding most likely coming off from the wetness of Suleen's blood. The chaos quieted, and suddenly Shakh was next to Blanche.

"What are you doing? That's a bandit! She's the enemy!"

Samara appeared next to Shakh, peering down at Suleen. "She's still alive? Are you gonna try to save her?"

"We should kill her." The orc said plainly. Suleen's breathing quickened as she began to panic.

"No, please! I'm all my son has left! He needs me!"

Shakh put his hand on a dagger on his belt, but Samara grabbed his arm.

"No. Don't take a parent away from their child." she said, the shadows hiding her expression. Had the orc or breton seen it, they would've seen the pain. She took a breath and knelt next to Blanche.

"What do you need me to do?"

Blanche's heart swelled a little as she saw the resolve on Samara's face. Blanche took a deep breath and bit her lower lip for a second.

"The arrowhead came loose in her body. I'll need to get it out if we're to save her. What I need you to do is grab some potions, some rags, and a piece of leather or wood, something for her to bite on. Shakh, you'll need to hold her down."

Both Samara and Shakh obliged as Blanche comforted Suleen. She gently stroked the redguard woman's hair, holding a light above them.

"I'm going to tell you exactly what I'm going to do, and exactly what is going to happen, alright? The arrowhead is stuck in your body, but the good news is judging by the blood loss, it hasn't struck an artery. That means you're in no real danger because I'm here. Now, this is what's going to happen now."

Samara handed her a bunch of rags and a small piece of firewood as thick as her thumb and as long as her forearm. Blanche handed it back. "Strip off the bark first." She turned back to Suleen. "It's going to hurt, but I'm right here with you, okay? I'm going to pull the shaft out, and then I'm going to pull out the arrowhead and heal whatever damage it caused. " She grabbed the newly naked wood and put it in Suleen's mouth. "Shakh is going to hold you down, and keep you from thrashing. I'm an excellent healer. Are you ready? When I get to three, I'll pull out the arrow, and begin to pull the arrowhead out. Ready?"

Suleen whimpered, tears running down her face. Sobs wracked her body, and Samara hald her right hand as Shakh gripped her ankles.

"One..."

Suleen closed her eyes.

"Two..."

Samara held her breath and braced herself.

"Three!"

Suleen screamed in pain as the arrow was pulled out, the striped wood nearly breaking with the force of her jaw.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Dec 26 2013, 08:02 PM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

Yay, new chapter! biggrin.gif

"He flirts with any pretty woman, and really loves blondes."

Cute kid lol

Suleen whimpered, tears running down her face. Sobs wracked her body, and Samara hald her right hand as Shakh gripped her ankles.

"One..."

Suleen closed her eyes.

"Two..."

Samara held her breath and braced herself.

"Three!"

Suleen screamed in pain as the arrow was pulled out, the striped wood nearly breaking with the force of her jaw.

Ouch. Poor woman, that [censored] must be painful, lol

This post has been edited by King Of Beasts: Dec 26 2013, 08:02 PM

--------------------
Bruh ☠ï¸
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Dec 27 2013, 05:00 PM
Post #45

Master
Group Icon

I liked the twist on the bandit fight; it was interesting to see what are usually faceless mooks be fleshed out and given personality and backstory. While Blanche's aversion to violence is admirable, it does leave me wondering what she's doing in this situation, when it's more likely than not to land her in immediate trouble.

Samara and Shakh seem to know what they're doing, though. Hopefully they'll be enough to keep her out of harm's way.
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Dec 31 2013, 05:42 AM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

Thanks y'all :]

Blanche suffers from something a lot of mages seem to suffer from; she thinks booksmarts equals preparedness. So while she's crap in battle, she's much more comfortable healing, which is why when she saw Suleen injured, she was much more in control.'

Also will be editing this post in the next few days to add the link to the, uhm, much more "detailed" version ;]

--------------

Glasses clinked together, and happy lips parted as they drank the sweet wine of Skingrad. Blanche and Samara grinned at each other as Shakh celebrated with a few Fighter's Guild members.

"To Welkynd stones!" Samara said. "And learning that not all bandits are snaggletoothed ruffians with hive-minds!"

"Also!" Blanche grinned. "To successfully treating my first on-sight battle wound. And the patient lived!" They drank, then set their glasses down.

"Your cheeks are red," Samara pointed out to Blanche, touching her own cheeks and laughing, then laughing harder when Blanche's blush deepened. A loud bang on the table made both of them jump, and Blanche slid her arms around Samara's waist, a frightened look on her face.

Shakh laughed. "Look at you two gettin' all cozied up!" He swayed a bit. He let out a loud belch, and Samara gagged, waving her hand in front of her face.

"Gods, that's disgusting!"

"Don't act like you don't do it!" Shakh laughed before sauntering off. The two giggled at him when he looked confused and sat at the wrong table. Samara looked down and saw Blanche staring at her.

"What are you looking at?" She asked, leaning in to speak in her ear over the loud noise. Blanche looked down at what Samara guessed was her chin, then blushed again.

"I-nothing."

Samara yawned. "Oh, good. Wine makes me sleepy." She gave Blanche a smile. "You wanna head to bed? We've got a carriage to catch tomorrow."

"Uhhh..." Blanche suddenly seemed unsure. "I'll be up in a little bit. I wanna finish this wine."

Samara shrugged and went upstairs, unaware of Blanche staring holes into her. One inside the room, she began to shed her clothing, simple black felt pants that Blanche insisted on buying for her, as well as her dark shirt, one that Blanche also made her wear. She dropped it on the floor and turned around when she heard the door open.

"Oh, hi, Blanche. I figured you'd enjoy the rest of the wine instead of gulping it." She smiled at Blanche before unclasping her bra and letting it drop.

"S-Samara?"

"Hmmm?"

"Can we go to bed now?"

Samara gave her an odd look. "That was...the point?" She slid on a sleeping shirt, a large man's shirt she had seen in a shop one day and fell in love with, and slid between the covers. After a moment, Blanche followed.

"Blanche, you're still wearing your robes."

"I, uh...I know. I'm very comfortable."

"Take it off. You'll get hot and make me hot. Besides, if you puke, you'll regret it."

Blanche shucked the robes off and kicked off her shoes, her face reddening. Samara didn't notice and leaned over Blanche to turn the lantern off. A small gasp escaped from her lips when a hand slid up her back, under the shirt. She looked down at Blanche, surprised.

"Did you?"

"I'm sorry! I'll sleep in another room!" Her movement to sit up was halted as Samara planted herself on Blanche's hips. The redhead leaned in, lightly caressing the blonde's earlobe with her tongue.

"Don't move a muscle."

Blanche gasped in surprise when Samara pinned her arms above her head. "I'm going to have fun with you, darling." The younger woman said in a low voice before planting kisses on Blanche's neck. Small gasps pierced the quiet air as clothing slid against bedsheets, and the sound of kisses punctuated the air as lips met.

Samara cut the lantern off as she let Blanche's arms go. As the light went off, Samara let out a loud moan, Blanche's hands keeping busy. The rest of the night was not much quieter.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Of Beasts
post Dec 31 2013, 05:48 AM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

Also will be editing this post in the next few days to add the link to the, uhm, much more "detailed" version ;]

hehe.gif

I liked this chapter quite a bit hubbahubba.gif

--------------------
Bruh ☠ï¸
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Dec 31 2013, 03:35 PM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

Hehe. Lesbinans.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jan 1 2014, 08:15 PM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

The antics of Samara and Blanche were hilarious, as usual, as the trio laid their plans.

Blanche was suddenly very aware of the shampoo Samara used
Ahh, there is nothing quite like the scent of another woman's hair... wub.gif

Blanche is healing the bad guys? It sounds like someone needs to give her a score card so she knows what side she is on! laugh.gif

It looks like Shakh took care of the rest of the bandits. Looks like they hired the right Orc!

"And learning that not all bandits are snaggletoothed ruffians with hive-minds!"
But they are in video games! laugh.gif Seriously, as the officer of condiment said, it is nice to see some personality and motivations given to someone who is normally just a faceless mook.

Shakh laughed. "Look at you two gettin' all cozied up!"
I get the feeling he'd like to look at the two of them getting all cozied up! laugh.gif

And a fun night is had by all. Well, at at least Samara and Blanche. But who knows, Shakh might be spying through the keyhole... wink.gif I wonder if this means a deeper relationship between S&B? Or if they will just be friends with benefits?

nits:
"Then my pay will be for nothing{." R}umbled the Orc, named Shakh, in disappointment.
The way you have this worded, 'rumbled the orc" is part of the same sentence as the dialogue that precedes it. So there should be a comma after 'nothing', and 'rumbled' would be in lower case. The best way to remember how to punctuate in and around speech is to just ignore the quotation marks. They themselves do not determine where a sentence begins or ends.
"Then my pay will be for nothing," rumbled the Orc, named Shakh, in disappointment.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jan 2 2014, 09:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 1 2014, 11:51 PM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

And because the rest of it was great, we'll all have to pile on that one poor sentence.

"Then my pay will be for nothing," rumbled the Orc, named Shakh, in disappointment.

Written that way, it looks like he was named in disappointment, rather than rumbling in disappointment (or any other kind of ointment).

My suggestion (who's next??) is:

"Then my pay will be for nothing," the Orc, named Shakh, rumbled in disappointment.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Vital
post Jan 2 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #51

Mouth
Group Icon

Just caught up with this. Great so far! smile.gif

I thought it was harsh on Samara to be ditched by Alda, but hey, can't mess with destiny. At least she found a new 'friend' wub.gif in Blanche.

Blanche obviously isn't experienced in combat, regardless of her arcane skills. Shakh on the other hand was quite the warrior. Typical orc, I guess.

I liked the way you gave a bit of life to the bandit Blanche healed. Usually bandits are just "snaggletoothed ruffians with hive-minds!". The life of a bandit can't be that great though, even if you love killing that much.

--------------------
I'll probably disappear for a minimum of 10 minutes after this post..
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 15 2014, 09:47 PM
Post #52

Paladin
Group Icon

Yes, too bad that Samara lost Alda, but I’m glad she has found a new friend in Blanche. smile.gif The thief, healy-mage and orc muscle made for a fun team in search of Welkynd stones. goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 13 2014, 04:40 PM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

Oooh, you did bring this here from the FF site! I did try to post a comment there, but it never showed up! Maybe you have to be signed in to comment there, and I can’t remember my password on that site. So glad to see you posted it here too!

Like Burnt said on the FF – LOVED the Ravaging Jak dialogue!!! That had me rolling! Also as Burnt said - SO glad to see you back writing!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 13 2014, 05:22 PM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

[she slid into the seat next to Samara and opened her book. She pointed without looking at the passage].

"Read this."

Samara leaned over. "I gasped softly as he caressed my inner thigh- Blanche, what in the hells?!"
[She found the passage she had meant to show Samara and pointed].

"I can't read." Samara said.

ROFL!!! Samara won’t read unless the text is X-rated, ROFL! My kind of girl, lol.

The introduction of Suleen was very interesting! (as was the not quite unexpected scene between Blanche and Samara) Great Write !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 13 2014, 05:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Sep 13 2014, 05:29 PM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

Oh good, you found it smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Burnt Sierra
post Sep 14 2014, 02:45 PM
Post #56

Two Headed cat
Group Icon

Oh, nuts, I didn't realise this was here!!

That's what I get for not being around....

Right, off to read!
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jul 21 2015, 06:07 PM
Post #57

Ancient
Group Icon

I had been updating this story elsewhere, but didn't get very far, so here's a chapter right now.

last time: Samara and Blanche did it. They had the sex. We also got a taste of blanche's compassion towards others as she saved a bandit.

This time: Well that honeymoon phase didn't last long.

---

The weeks passed by in a blur after they got back from Hrotunda Vale. Blanche spent whatever time she had free with Samara, who spent her free time in bed with Blanche. The time between afternoon and dusk was bliss for the two women, who spent their time exploring new things and enjoying their discoveries. One such pleasing discovery for Blanche was that Samara was actually talented at Illusion and Destruction magic. Blanche was determined to expand Samara’s skill, and gave her lessons whenever the two of them came up for air.

“I don’t want to get up,” Samara yawned one afternoon. Blanche rubbed the area above Samara’s navel gently with her fingers, tracing the intricate and colorful tattoo that wound its way under her breasts. Blanche traced the leaves of the green vine on Samara’s skin as if she were drawing it out herself. She kissed the colorful nightshade on Samara’s ribs, making the redhead sigh in delight.

“Then don’t,” Blanche shifted closer to Samara and kissed her cheek. “Stay here, with me.”

“Mmmm, tempting.” Samara rubbed Blanche’s bare shoulders as the blonde tried to pin her to the bed. Blanche leaned down to kiss her, and ended up getting flipped onto her own back. She let out a light sigh as the redhead kissed the nape of her neck. The sheets and bed Samara’s estranged father had gotten her were far more comfortable than anything Blanche herself own, despite her mother’s riches. Blanche had helped buy Samara matching furniture, though Samara insisted she didn’t, knowing she would be the target of many thieves.

“I really should go,” Samara said as her kisses traveled lower to Blanche’s breast. A hand and mouth worked together to make the blonde purr.

“I don’t see you running out the door,” Blanche said breathlessly, gently running a hand through Samara’s hair before her head went lower. Samara made a satisfied sound that mingled with Blanche’s own startled gasp. Waves of pleasure shot through her legs and up her back as Samara used her mouth and hand to make the waves stronger. Soon, Blanche’s body was rocking against Samara’s touch.

There was a knock on the door, making Samara pause slightly.

“Don’t stop!” Blanche pleaded as she caught Samara’s lips with her own. The redhead let out a longing sound.

“Could be important,” she murmured between kisses.

“More important than this?” Blanche’s hand traveled down and made Samara gasp. The knocking became more insistent as Samara’s breaths quickened.

“Just a moment!” Samara’s voice sounded higher-pitched than usual. Blanche giggled into Samara’s mouth as they eagerly kissed.

“Samara.”

The voice made Samara stop and push Blanche’s hand away. She quickly slid into some pants and a light shirt, wiping her face.

“Samara-” Blanche protested before Samara flung the door open. A tall, fair-skinned Nord woman with raven hair looked down at Samara.

“Alda?” Samara’s voice was shocked.

“You’re in danger,” Alda said, authority in her voice. Blanche felt panic rise in her throat, but Samara responded with anger. Samara’s wrist was in Alda’s hand, blocking the slap that Blanche hadn’t seen her try to deliver.

“Samara, stop.”

“You think you can come here a year after you abandoned me, and tell me I’m in danger? Who do you think you are?!” Samara’s chest heaved, and her eyes blazed. Alda only blinked calmly back at her.

“Trust me, Samara. You need to get out of the city, now. Did you hear about Bruma? That’s about to happen-”

“No! There’s no way you could know about that!”

“Do you not remember what happened back in jail?”

“Jail? You were in jail?” Blanche’s voice was incredulous as she came up behind Samara, no longer content with listening on the bed. The sheets were wrapped around her naked body. Alda gave Blanche a strange look.

“Who’s this?”

“What do you care?” Samara snapped, finally yanking her hand away. Alda’s stern look didn’t budge.

“Because I love you. Now get out of your house, before this city is destroyed.”

“You don’t get to tell me what to do!”

”Samara!”

Alda’s voice startled Samara, and she recoiled slightly. Alda took a deep breath.

“I was there when the Emperor died. In order to protect you, I had to leave you.”

“You were there?” Samara looked uncertain.

“Yes. I had to find his bastard son so the Dragonfires could be re-lit. Those Oblivion gates? They’re going to open one right in the city, like they tried to do to Bruma. I’ve been closing gates left and right as fast as I could, but it’s too much for me. Mehrunes Dagon will be attacking the city soon, and if you died…”

“But where could we even go, Alda? If there are gates open like you said, then there’s no way any of us are safe.”

“There is one place, near Bruma. I’ve given this some thought, Samara. I could sneak you in, you’re capable of being undetected for as long as you want.”

“And Blanche?”

“Who?”

“My girlfriend.” She pulled Blanche closer, unaware of the uncomfortable look she had on her face. Alda’s eyes were cold as steel.

“One of you, that’s all.”

“Then I’m not going.”

“Samara!”

“No, you’re crazy! You left me to follow someone you SAY was the Emperor, and disappear for a year, then come back and DEMAND I leave my girlfriend behind, and come with you Bruma? No. Get out. Get out of my house.”

“I paid for this house, too! My name is on the deed!”

“I declared you dead six months ago, Alda! This place is mine!”

Alda looked shocked, the expression finally breaking the steely gaze.

“I see. I don’t know what I expected. You are the master of moving on, Samara.”

“I am very uncomfortable,” Blanche blurted out. She turned red when the two women looked at her. Alda turned her gaze, once again calm, back to Samara.

“Goodbye, Samara. I was hoping you’d come with me, but it seems I go alone to Paradise.” She turned and left, and Samara shook her head.

“She’s absolutely mad!”

Blanche closed the door, still looking uncomfortable. “What did she mean by Paradise?”

“I have absolutely no idea.”

Samara dropped the sheets around her body, and Blanche let out an appreciative sound as she surveyed her lovers tattooed body. Along with the vines depicting nightshade, the petals of the blossoms exploding in arrays of blues and purples along her hips, stomach, and ribs, she had tattoos of Ayleid and Dwarven script on her body, single words that were supposed to mean words of encouragement. Blanche wasn’t going to tell her that the words were not only entirely incorrect, but misspelled as well.

But Blanche’s favorite tattoo of Samara’s were the dragon wings on her back, a red and black, along with a small wolf on her ankle. The wings went from her shoulders to the swell of her rear, magnificent in detail. They were slightly torn, with holes here and there, as well as ragged along the edges. Blanche looked up at Samara’s face finally.

“You’re going to hate me for this.”

“What?” Samara poured herself a glass of wine, filling the cup nearly to the brim.

“The Arch Mage wants to send me to Vahtacen.”

“Where?”

“It’s an Ayleid ruin. I…may have started taking more classes at the University instead of working at the Temple.”

Samara wasn’t sure how to feel. Two emotions crossed her face; confusion, anger, then confusion again. Blanche raised her brows.

“Samara?”

“Why wouldn’t you tell me?”

“I don’t know! I thought you would think less of me if I stopped working. I thought you’d be angry that I can afford to go to University, and you can’t.”

Samara knew what she was feeling then.

“Excuse me?” Her offense showed on her face. “Blanche, you’re not responsible for my feelings. I would have been happy for you. But now I’m angry, and hurt.” She set the cup down and crossed her arms. Blanche had her gaze cast on the floor as she began dressing.

“Where are you going?” Samara demanded. Blanche briefly glanced up, then kept dressing.

“I have to go pack. He wants me there within the week.”

“Fine. Go. I don’t care,” Samara huffed as she turned around, picking the cup back up. She only turned back around when the door closed, finding herself in an empty shack. She downed the rest of the contents of the cup and sat on her bed, fuming.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Jul 21 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #58

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow Liz, that was awesome.

Alda's reappearance was brilliant, some fantastically powerful dialogue there.

And then Blanche too? With even more powerful dialogue?

Fantastic!

And needless to say, I like the way this part started wink.gif

But poor Samara, she must feel like she's been hit by a truck. Or whatever the Cyrodiilic equivalent of that is.

This post has been edited by Callidus Thorn: Jul 21 2015, 10:02 PM

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 22 2015, 01:27 AM
Post #59

Councilor
Group Icon

After the cozy start, Samara and Blanche each got a surprising piece of news. Funny about the misspelled tattoos. I know a guy with a gorgeous arm piece that’s missing a letter. laugh.gif One tiny thing, I thought it was Blanche who was wrapped in the sheet and Samara dressed when Samara answered the door? At first reading when the sheet dropped afterward I thought the wrong person had the tattoos.

I’m glad you’re continuing this here!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jul 22 2015, 07:14 AM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

I see the mistake. Samara went to the door naked, and Blanche had the sheets on herself, but it sounds like Blanche had tattoos. My bad.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:42 PM