Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Elder Scrolls 6 Predictions, Cast your Predictions today!
mALX
post Nov 29 2018, 05:50 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Nov 29 2018, 04:34 AM) *

I am concerned about the location for the game. Are they really going to go for High Rock? Oh man- I have had enough with rocks and mountains to last a life time. laugh.gif One of my pet gripes with Skyrim is the lack of freedom in the game- those mountains just end up funneling you in the direction they want you to go and the roads are so boring after the 1000 trip.

Hammerfell would not be so bad, with only mountains on the N/NE border. Plus it would have some nice sea-side towns with docks and trade. The battles against the Akaviri and Nordic pirates would be cool. I would enjoying exploring the domes and mosaics- it would be a bit Assassin Creed.

However; my preference would still be the beast folk of Valenwood, Elsweyr or Black Marsh. I am over human/mer conflict and would enjoy learning about the cultures of other creatures. Plus the game world would be open to explore in every direction and would give me the awesome Oblivion experience again of complete map freedom. smile.gif

WINTER WOLF !!!!!

KAAAAAAABOOOOOOOM !!!!!!!!!

*mALX's head explodes*

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 29 2018, 10:08 AM) *

I hope Khajiit gets to see that one's (His?) homeland. Beth has done desert environments before. It's not really the environment that's the challenge though; it's the cat-people. The NPCs. They'd have to be significantly different from human or elves in some ways. They've mostly played side-roles in earlier games; so the idea would be to see some sort of really wide range of behaviors now that they'd be the main focus of the game.

For instance, in Skyrim the main idea with people was "most of them are downtrodden, weather-beaten, even depressed, and most of them try to get the main protagonist (us) to do things for them." But they can't always follow this same formula for cat-people. Cats in general, real cats, have a lot of different personalities. Some are sit-by-the-radiator-until-my-owner-gets-home, then I'll beg for food, while others are totally hyper and always demanding attention. I'd sort of expect this range of behaviors from Khajiiti in the game.

The main thing which ties all cats together though is their independence. Other than food or occasional attention, they aren't going around relying on humans as much. A lot of them are downright standoffish! I'd expect Khajiiti in game would follow this sort of formula in some ways. Not that they're going around ignoring us all the time, until it gets to be time to beg for food, but that they're not so dependent on us to solve all their problems, the way at lot of NPCs in Skyrim are.

I'm nowhere near an expert on what sort of lore goes on in Elsweyr though, so far as how they behave. Maybe I'm way off-base.

That is how I see Khajiit too = have their own slick way of handling/figuring out how to handle problems and obstacles in their path; etc. And some would be laid back outwardly; but kind of have a gleam in their eye that lets you know their minds are not idle; while some would be secretive (thieves and assassins) = stealthy. And then some would be hyper (like you said) to the point of being accident prone; etc.

But here is the biggest question ... would they have six small breasts or two big round ones? rollinglaugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 29 2018, 05:38 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 29 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #42

Councilor
Group Icon

Exactly mALX. Look at the Khajiit caravans of Skyrim for instance. That took some ingenuity and independent thinking to come up with that idea. "Let's go all the way north and become outward traders & merchants." Why would they go this far? The answer is mostly money of course, but I can't ignore the fact that on some level, they also craftily took on the challenge of getting up to the northernmost province because they are simply cats.

Just like real cats: Nobody tells us we cannot go there! If we want to climb that telephone pole, by golly we're going to do it. Now.... how do we get down from here though? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 29 2018, 05:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 29 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 29 2018, 08:17 AM) *

I think we'll see more animations too. I don't know about all of what you've listed here, but according to Hines, one of the reasons they did not release ES during the past few years was because they've been waiting for the next generation of consoles to come out. Which only means "more" (hopefully) not "the same as...."

Bold: That sounds like wishful thinking, laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 29 2018, 05:59 PM
Post #44

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 29 2018, 11:57 AM) *

I think we'll see more animations too. I don't know about all of what you've listed here, but according to Hines, one of the reasons they did not release ES during the past few years was because they've been waiting for the next generation of consoles to come out. Which only means "more" (hopefully) not "the same as...."

Yes hon, I'm typically positive when it comes to this sort of stuff. smile.gif I can't help it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 29 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 29 2018, 11:57 AM) *

Exactly mALX. Look at the Khajiit caravans of Skyrim for instance. That took some ingenuity and independent thinking to come up with that idea. "Let's go all the way north and become outward traders & merchants." Why would they go this far? The answer is mostly money of course, but I can't ignore the fact that on some level, they also craftily took on the challenge of getting up to the northernmost province because they are simply cats.

Just like real cats: Nobody tells us we cannot go there! If we want to climb that telephone pole, by golly we're going to do it. Now.... how do we get down from here though? biggrin.gif

Yes! And the Moonsugar addictions = catnip. Have you ever given catnip to your cats? Some of them become complete addicts and ; and some of them just look at you like, "WTF is this Sht? If you are going to come out here and give me a treat, bring that Pounce or Temptations, not this catnip crap!"

I most def see the connection and why Bethesda made Moonsugar a weakness among some Khajiit, lol.

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 29 2018, 11:59 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 29 2018, 11:57 AM) *

Yes hon, I'm typically positive when it comes to this sort of stuff. smile.gif I can't help it.

rollinglaugh.gif

(and I also really liked the way Skyrim had those Khajiit Caravans).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Nov 30 2018, 06:28 AM
Post #46

Knower
Group Icon

Thanks mALX!!!! It is good to be back. smile.gif

Great to read what Renee and you are saying about cats. I will try not to hate on Skyrim again other than to say that the discussion on varied personalities is what we need so bad in Elder Scrolls. After playing hundreds and hundred of hours in Skyrim I cannot remember one single NPC in the whole game.

Now Oblivion- wow, that had more awesome personalities just in Bravil alone. Kud-Ei, City Swimmer, the orc in the tavern, the Khajiit in the TG storyline. Or the Skingrad guilds and their bed-hopping antics. laugh.gif Or the Count and his awesome story. smile.gif

So the number one thing we need in the game is a massive improvement in NPC personalities!

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Nov 30 2018, 06:30 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 30 2018, 04:37 PM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Nov 30 2018, 12:28 AM) *

Thanks mALX!!!! It is good to be back. smile.gif

Great to read what Renee and you are saying about cats. I will try not to hate on Skyrim again other than to say that the discussion on varied personalities is what we need so bad in Elder Scrolls. After playing hundreds and hundred of hours in Skyrim I cannot remember one single NPC in the whole game.

Now Oblivion- wow, that had more awesome personalities just in Bravil alone. Kud-Ei, City Swimmer, the orc in the tavern, the Khajiit in the TG storyline. Or the Skingrad guilds and their bed-hopping antics. laugh.gif Or the Count and his awesome story. smile.gif

So the number one thing we need in the game is a massive improvement in NPC personalities!

Agreed! I remember (and loved) Elisif the Fair in Solitude; and the sassy housecarl in Riften; but really didn't remember or feel any real liking for anyone else in Skyrim. In Oblivion there were so many compelling characters and stories - and they took the time with longer questlines to get to know the characters (like the friendship that develops with the Player and Modryn Oreyn in the Fighters Guild; etc).

ESO has tried to get back to the longer questline threads that run through your game and more compelling characters; and have done a really good job of it. You can run into someone you worked with in a previous questline later on and may end up doing more quests with them again; and they remember you from before. Even a dog you may have helped in the past = the army picks it up and brings it with them, and when you are doing something in another Province you might run into the dog and it recognizes you; etc. There is one sister and brother who are TRYING to be explorers and you might come across them in dire straits throughout several dungeons across many provinces (and can rescue them if you want to do the quest) = it is very cool the way they continued relationships in ESO.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 30 2018, 05:57 PM
Post #48

Councilor
Group Icon

Lady Laurent and Stibbons, especially. He doesn't change even when his character is killed and his body taken over by a ghost (an optional outcome of the Jewelled Crown of Anton quest).

Those are two of the best characters I've come across in any game. Well, maybe Ma'iq is up there, too, but only some of his incarnations.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 30 2018, 08:52 PM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

Sappy post removed!

Sorry.

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 30 2018, 11:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 30 2018, 11:28 PM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 30 2018, 11:57 AM) *

Lady Laurent and Stibbons, especially. He doesn't change even when his character is killed and his body taken over by a ghost (an optional outcome of the Jewelled Crown of Anton quest).

Those are two of the best characters I've come across in any game. Well, maybe Ma'iq is up there, too, but only some of his incarnations.

Yes, the Stibbons! Two of my absolute favorites! Giblet the dog; Cadwell; Naryu; Darien; and even Razum-dar (like him or not after the Summerset fiasco, lol). I did love finding him laying just inside the entrance to that dungeon on the Gold Coast or Hews Bane = can't remember which; lol) = etc.

It is always a surprise to me when I run into them in different places; like running into an old friend somewhere that you never expected to see there; and it is awesome because they greet you like an old friend. That is one of the things I do love so much about ESO; they at least try to see you become invested in their NPC's lives and storylines.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 30 2018, 11:39 PM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

Raz got mad at Feng-do for disobeying orders during the AD questline. sad.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Dec 1 2018, 09:12 AM
Post #52

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 30 2018, 04:37 PM) *

ESO has tried to get back to the longer questline threads that run through your game and more compelling characters; and have done a really good job of it. You can run into someone you worked with in a previous questline later on and may end up doing more quests with them again; and they remember you from before. Even a dog you may have helped in the past = the army picks it up and brings it with them, and when you are doing something in another Province you might run into the dog and it recognizes you; etc. There is one sister and brother who are TRYING to be explorers and you might come across them in dire straits throughout several dungeons across many provinces (and can rescue them if you want to do the quest) = it is very cool the way they continued relationships in ESO.

Thanks for posting this mALX. smile.gif

You have restored my faith. Lets hope that Todd allows a larger team to participate in the quest writing for the next game. The online folk sound like they would be perfect to assist in the development.

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 2 2018, 12:56 AM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 30 2018, 05:39 PM) *

laugh.gif I will have to try disobeying him sometime and see, lol.

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Dec 1 2018, 03:12 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 30 2018, 04:37 PM) *

Thanks for posting this mALX. smile.gif

You have restored my faith. Lets hope that Todd allows a larger team to participate in the quest writing for the next game. The online folk sound like they would be perfect to assist in the development.

Do you remember the Moderator over at the Official Bethesda Forums that used to read all of our FanFic stories and hang out with us all = Leydenne? Well, she was hired by Zenimax to do some of their quest writing for ESO; and I think that she/her input is one of the reasons for their quests going back to being Awesome like Morrowind and Oblivion's were. She was a ton of fun and there are many really fun quests/questlines in ESO that were so much like their old quests used to be. (Skyrim was so serious = it totally lacked fun; so I was really happy to see that back in the game).

And there is a huge amount of fun in ESO to be found in dialogue that you won't find unless you talk to some NPC's randomly. Example: On one boat trip you take, if you talk to the people that work on the ship before you take off on the trip; literally everyone on the boat has the hots for the guy who helped you get on board. (males and females both) and if you talk to them again after landing = they are all mad at him.

And some choices you make will determine how some NPC's act when they see you for the rest of the game = One lady will almost spit on you the whole rest of the game if you side against her in one quest early on; and she doesn't hide it at all, lol. Of course, the ones you sided with will greet you in friendship, but throughout the game there are people/quests where you have to make choices that affect more people than just you and the quest-giver (like when you choose between rulers or ruling factions your decision could affect all those that worshipped the ruier, etc). They won't attack you over your choice; but they will mutter things under their breath at you as you pass by them. (or hail you for making the right choice if you chose their way).

So you are not always the hero to everyone, even when you feel like you've done the right thing = very much like Fallout: New Vegas!

So I am really hoping they institute some of that into TES VI. Maybe Leydenne will write the quests for them too!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 2 2018, 01:05 AM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 1 2018, 05:56 PM) *

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Dec 2 2018, 06:06 AM
Post #55

Knower
Group Icon

Do you remember the Moderator over at the Official Bethesda Forums that used to read all of our FanFic stories and hang out with us all = Leydenne?

Oh, yes! Leydenne! That was the cat lady, was it not?

Skyrim was so serious = it totally lacked fun; so I was really happy to see that back in the game.

That is so spot on. In Oblivion there was insanity and fun all the time. Although that was partly because of all the antics that Maxical was involved in. Need I mention Pork Chop and the tsunami that flooded through the arena? laugh.gif

literally everyone on the boat has the hots for the guy who helped you get on board. (males and females both) and if you talk to them again after landing = they are all mad at him.

That is so awesome! laugh.gif That is what they need back in ES6.

So you are not always the hero to everyone, even when you feel like you've done the right thing = very much like Fallout: New Vegas!

Goody!!

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 2 2018, 09:35 AM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 1 2018, 07:05 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 1 2018, 05:56 PM) *

How strange! Why don't I remember that choice? Surely I wouldn't have let him die! But that said = actually, I haven't seen or run into him since, I could have incurred his wrath too!

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Dec 2 2018, 12:06 AM) *

Do you remember the Moderator over at the Official Bethesda Forums that used to read all of our FanFic stories and hang out with us all = Leydenne?

Oh, yes! Leydenne! That was the cat lady, was it not?

Skyrim was so serious = it totally lacked fun; so I was really happy to see that back in the game.

That is so spot on. In Oblivion there was insanity and fun all the time. Although that was partly because of all the antics that Maxical was involved in. Need I mention Pork Chop and the tsunami that flooded through the arena? laugh.gif

literally everyone on the boat has the hots for the guy who helped you get on board. (males and females both) and if you talk to them again after landing = they are all mad at him.

That is so awesome! laugh.gif That is what they need back in ES6.

Goody!!

Yes, Leydenne with her cat Scout as the picture for her Avatar. Scout was a feral cat she took in; he even moved with her to Maryland when she went to actually work for Bethesda (not just Moderator) and then Zenimax. She met a guy there and they got married and are happy as clams now! (though I doubt Scout is still alive now, he was a full adult over ten years ago when that picture was taken).

As soon as I learned that she was writing the quests for ESO; I knew I was going to like them. Really like that they took real fans of the game to do the writing; that has to make a difference!

I like it too (that we are not always the uber hero) = and love that there are certain consequences to your actions; that is one of the things I loved best about Fallout: New Vegas!

So most def yes = I am hoping to find that in TES VI.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 4 2018, 01:40 PM
Post #57

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 1 2018, 06:56 PM) *

Do you remember the Moderator over at the Official Bethesda Forums that used to read all of our FanFic stories and hang out with us all = Leydenne? Well, she was hired by Zenimax to do some of their quest writing for ESO;

What the what? That's amazing!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 4 2018, 04:37 PM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Dec 4 2018, 07:40 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 1 2018, 06:56 PM) *

Do you remember the Moderator over at the Official Bethesda Forums that used to read all of our FanFic stories and hang out with us all = Leydenne? Well, she was hired by Zenimax to do some of their quest writing for ESO;

What the what? That's amazing!

Yes, she had to move cross-country to take the job; but she has been more happy there and so glad she moved = it was like her life took a huge upgrade; she met an Awesome man and they fell in love and got married; really Awesome for her; and she really deserves it so much. She is one of the nicest people you could meet!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 4 2018, 04:42 PM
Post #59

Ancient
Group Icon

Sometimes Khajiit really misses the old Bethsoft forums.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 4 2018, 04:47 PM
Post #60

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 4 2018, 10:42 AM) *

Sometimes Khajiit really misses the old Bethsoft forums.

+ 1. No. Make that +10.

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:31 PM