2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Riften House Mod
Grits
post Jan 30 2015, 10:35 PM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

It may be that you can use the vanilla stuff like the beds, chests, and idle markers that get the important keywords and change out the ugly stuff around them. Here are some shots of the converted room unmodded for ideas:

Doorway into the children’s misty lair.

Left wall.

Back left corner.

Back right corner.

Right wall.

Doorway wall.

Those icky rugs and tattered banners! laugh.gif I like the beds, though.

Motherhood is a new chapter for Jensa. She is sick of politics and ready to leave Windhelm. The house I’m building outside Rorikstead (High Point Hall) is for her and her family. She always wanted a lot of kids. Hopefully I can get that Multiple Adoptions mod to work for her so Runa and Hroar can have a whole clan to fight with. Jensa is also sick of Calder and Stenvar fighting every time she drops something from her inventory inside Hjerim. Try to decorate around those two and there will be blood!

Good idea to drag the mist way down. I’m also nervous about disabling things since screw-ups tend to occur. I have a whole forest under the mod we did for classwork at TESA, lol.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 30 2015, 11:19 PM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 30 2015, 04:35 PM) *

It may be that you can use the vanilla stuff like the beds, chests, and idle markers that get the important keywords and change out the ugly stuff around them. Here are some shots of the converted room unmodded for ideas:

Doorway into the children’s misty lair.

Left wall.

Back left corner.

Back right corner.

Right wall.

Doorway wall.

Those icky rugs and tattered banners! laugh.gif I like the beds, though.

Motherhood is a new chapter for Jensa. She is sick of politics and ready to leave Windhelm. The house I’m building outside Rorikstead (High Point Hall) is for her and her family. She always wanted a lot of kids. Hopefully I can get that Multiple Adoptions mod to work for her so Runa and Hroar can have a whole clan to fight with. Jensa is also sick of Calder and Stenvar fighting every time she drops something from her inventory inside Hjerim. Try to decorate around those two and there will be blood!

Good idea to drag the mist way down. I’m also nervous about disabling things since screw-ups tend to occur. I have a whole forest under the mod we did for classwork at TESA, lol.

Oh, on that TESA class I sank that awful giant toppled tree at the end of the property nearest the mill house and Waterfront Shack.

Okay, that room is Iona's bedroom now, I wonder what they do with her bed? Or is she in that room with the children now? - no, there are only two beds in there, both children's beds.

The whole Riften house was filled with tattered banners in the CK, I couldn't tell how many of them would disappear when the Player bought the upgrades, so I sank them all below the house with that fog and a bunch of straw, etc.

On that mod for Multiple Adoptions, there is a sheet with the Read Me that tells exactly what you have to have for it to be acceptable; stuff like:

Hearthfire must be set as master so the mod requires it
At least 2 beds minimum
Toys
Child idle markers
Child combat dummy
Child wooden sword
A doll

There were a few others, I can't remember them and they are on that external hard drive right now. (But obviously having a clean area - clean walls and floors and fresh air to breathe while they sleep is not on the list!)

I was putting these in my mod (except leaving out the Hearthfire so that someone that didn't have Hearthfire could still use my mod; and anyone that did have it would have the stuff they needed for the children to just move in).

What I didn't think about, and has been brought to my attention by this Riften mod = beds. They all look alike in game, so I wanted unique and made some with re-textured blankets to add to all my mods (pretty quilts).

Well, a lot of players are using "See You Sleep" or similar sleep mods that require vanilla beds. So I either have to patch my beds onto all those sleep mods or just go back to the vanilla beds. Urk. I loved those quilts! I'm going to try some alternative ideas, but if they don't work I'll have to go vanilla.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 31 2015, 12:07 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 30 2015, 11:43 PM
Post #23

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 30 2015, 02:19 PM) *
...Well, a lot of players are using "See You Sleep" or similar sleep mods that require vanilla beds. So I either have to patch my beds onto all those sleep mods or just go back to the vanilla beds. Urk. I loved those quilts! I'm going to try some alternative ideas, but if they don't work I'll have to go vanilla.

Wow, things are so complicated for you modders! Bless you for the goodness you provide to those of us who simply use mods instead of create them. happy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 31 2015, 12:23 AM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 30 2015, 05:43 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 30 2015, 02:19 PM) *
...Well, a lot of players are using "See You Sleep" or similar sleep mods that require vanilla beds. So I either have to patch my beds onto all those sleep mods or just go back to the vanilla beds. Urk. I loved those quilts! I'm going to try some alternative ideas, but if they don't work I'll have to go vanilla.

Wow, things are so complicated for you modders! Bless you for the goodness you provide to those of us who simply use mods instead of create them. happy.gif

When I learned about the bed issue, Buffy is the first person I thought of, because I was pretty sure I have heard you say that she uses a sleep mod - I know I will when all this is over and done with, and I'll sure want my beds to work for it.

So I either have to patch; make a dirty swap in the CK (so all the game beds will have quilt covers) or go vanilla; and you can't imagine how gorgeous those quilts were! Oh well, I might be able to rig a table cloth up as a cover and retexture it with the quilt pattern, lol.

Thank you, Acadian !!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 31 2015, 12:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 31 2015, 12:45 AM
Post #25

Paladin
Group Icon

I use a mod that let's Buffy lie down wherever she wants. Once she's lying down, she can chose to sleep or not. This is wonderful if she wants to sleep in an owned bed (or on top of a rock or anywhere else she wants to sleep. I'm probably not the only one with creative solutions to such challenges or no longer has the need for a 'see you sleep' mod.

You might consider simply two versions of your mod. One with the pretty beds for those of us who don't use see you sleep and one with vanilla beds in the house to accommodate those who do use see you sleep. Please bear in mind that, as a non-modder, I'm simply guessing at what might be helpful.

Good luck! smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 31 2015, 03:08 AM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jan 30 2015, 06:45 PM) *

I use a mod that let's Buffy lie down wherever she wants. Once she's lying down, she can chose to sleep or not. This is wonderful if she wants to sleep in an owned bed (or on top of a rock or anywhere else she wants to sleep. I'm probably not the only one with creative solutions to such challenges or no longer has the need for a 'see you sleep' mod.

You might consider simply two versions of your mod. One with the pretty beds for those of us who don't use see you sleep and one with vanilla beds in the house to accommodate those who do use see you sleep. Please bear in mind that, as a non-modder, I'm simply guessing at what might be helpful.

Good luck! smile.gif

Ooh,I'll be needing the name of that mod! WOO HOO! Thanks for that info!

Actually, I was already considering the two separate ESPs idea, and it may end up being what I have to do. If I can have it look like Misa is sleeping, then I'll most def use the quilts on my personal game, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 31 2015, 03:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 31 2015, 12:57 PM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 30 2015, 05:19 PM) *

Okay, that room is Iona's bedroom now, I wonder what they do with her bed? Or is she in that room with the children now? - no, there are only two beds in there, both children's beds.

Don’t worry about Iona, her room is untouched. The children’s room replaces the enchanting room with the enchanting table and mannequins in it. Here’s a better picture of the alchemy room with both doorways shown. The children’s room is through the door on the left. Iona’s room is still through the doorway on the right next to the shelf with books on it (and Iona standing there).

What I didn't think about, and has been brought to my attention by this Riften mod = beds. They all look alike in game, so I wanted unique and made some with re-textured blankets to add to all my mods (pretty quilts).

Well, a lot of players are using "See You Sleep" or similar sleep mods that require vanilla beds. So I either have to patch my beds onto all those sleep mods or just go back to the vanilla beds. Urk. I loved those quilts! I'm going to try some alternative ideas, but if they don't work I'll have to go vanilla.

Thank you for mentioning this, I hadn’t thought of it. I’m planning to use some of the furniture from the Shabby Furniture resource in Rocky Top (Valdi’s cottage). I’ll check out the sleeping mods and be extra careful with the beds. I hope you can use your quilts!

If you want to look at the modder’s guide for Multiple Adoptions before you move your file back let me know and I’ll PM the text to you.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 31 2015, 01:54 PM
Post #28

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 31 2015, 06:57 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 30 2015, 05:19 PM) *

Don’t worry about Iona, her room is untouched. The children’s room replaces the enchanting room with the enchanting table and mannequins in it. Here’s a better picture of the alchemy room with both doorways shown. The children’s room is through the door on the left. Iona’s room is still through the doorway on the right next to the shelf with books on it (and Iona standing there).

Thank you for mentioning this, I hadn’t thought of it. I’m planning to use some of the furniture from the Shabby Furniture resource in Rocky Top (Valdi’s cottage). I’ll check out the sleeping mods and be extra careful with the beds. I hope you can use your quilts!

If you want to look at the modder’s guide for Multiple Adoptions before you move your file back let me know and I’ll PM the text to you.

Yeah, the beds thing never crossed my mind either, it was kind of a jolt to realize it was going to be an issue. I don't know how to make patches. I may have found a workaround, have to get in game to test it out.

I've got that list on my external hard drive - I think; if everything transferred like it was supposed to I do. How many did I miss up above? laugh.gif I know they each have to have their own clothing dresser (with children's clothing in it, I assume) and a toy chest or empty storage container.

Do you know how Hearthfire works regarding the Player houses? Does it automatically change them or does the Player have to tell it which ones to set up as family units? If it is run by the Player, I could set it up for family without making Hearthfire a requirement; just put all the available requirements in it. (I'll look in that orphanage for child clothes, lol).

There were a lot of things that seem to only come after Hearthfire, like many of the child idle markers and those child combat dummies (if I'm not mistaken - I couldn't find one, and really looked) - but I haven't given up on it yet, I had an idea where to look, just haven't had the time to do it yet.

I am really glad you brought up Hearthfire on this Riften house, because it never crossed my mind that they would alter the Riften house.

Anyway, I may not be able to upload that mod anyway, or if I do I'll have to swap textures first, can't get the guy's permission to use those textures on any but my own game at this time.

Thank you for all your help, Grits!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 31 2015, 02:57 PM
Post #29

Paladin
Group Icon

I'm glad Hearthfire came up as well. It never occurred to me that it might change homes as well. See, I've always had it installed. Buffy's in Solitude now so it'll be some time before we get back to check, but I didn't recall Buffy's Iona's Honeyside house (fully pimped except the kids' room) to be drab or unwelcoming. In fact I thought it was kind of nice and cozy. Perhaps I didn't spend enough time there or perhaps Hearthfire improved it some.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 31 2015, 04:05 PM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 31 2015, 07:54 AM) *

I've got that list on my external hard drive - I think; if everything transferred like it was supposed to I do. How many did I miss up above? laugh.gif I know they each have to have their own clothing dresser (with children's clothing in it, I assume) and a toy chest or empty storage container.

Let’s see, for the Multiple Adoptions mod to work you need to use at least one doll play idle marker, a practice dummy, at least one child chest, a dining table, some number of child beds, a bunch of BYOH child markers inside and outside, some sweep idle markers, and a double bed for the spouse. Possibly also some things that I missed, since I haven’t gotten one of mine working yet. All of these items get specific ref types or keywords which are spelled out in the modder’s file. At first it looked intimidating but after a couple of reads it just looks like marking things correctly and checking them off of a list, just like ghastley described in another thread somewhere. It does look like the Hearthfire DLC is required, though, since a lot of that stuff comes from Hearthfire. I don’t remember seeing a dresser or clothing requirement, just the chest marked for the child. The kids will tell you that they put things in their chest that they find like flowers, and they will invite you to take anything that you want from their chest.

For my cottage I’m going to make it with two spare beds for followers and then later see if I want to add the things to make it family friendly, which would also make those beds unavailable to followers. So far in my tests the Multiple Adoptions mod can be a little tricky all by itself, so I want to be sure I know which mod is screwing up when there’s a problem. wacko.gif
Do you know how Hearthfire works regarding the Player houses? Does it automatically change them or does the Player have to tell it which ones to set up as family units? If it is run by the Player, I could set it up for family without making Hearthfire a requirement; just put all the available requirements in it. (I'll look in that orphanage for child clothes, lol).

There were a lot of things that seem to only come after Hearthfire, like many of the child idle markers and those child combat dummies (if I'm not mistaken - I couldn't find one, and really looked) - but I haven't given up on it yet, I had an idea where to look, just haven't had the time to do it yet.

In the Hearthfire DLC all of the kid-related changes to the houses are initiated by the player. When you buy furnishings from the Jarl’s steward you have different choices depending on the house. Proudspire Manor adds an extra room for the kids that you can buy. Houses like Breezehome and Honeyside replace one of the other rooms with the children’s room if you choose to buy the furnishings. So for Honeyside you can start off buying the enchanting room, go back and pay for it to be converted to a kids’ room, and then later if you move or don’t adopt kids I’m pretty sure you can pay to convert it back to the non-Hearthfire room option. Or you can just furnish it for kids in the first place which (I think) then gives you the option to pay to convert it to an enchanting room. Once you have your family living in the house you can tell one of them to move to another house (if it is suitable for a family) and they will all move there.

In the Hearthfire Build-Your-Own manors the upstairs beds switch around depending on if you have kids living there or if/when you build the bedroom wing with the kids beds and chests downstairs. Once you build the family bedroom wing the kids and your spouse will start sleeping down there, which frees up the upstairs beds for whatever adult NPCs are supposed to be sleeping in the house. That’s how Erik the Slayer and NPC Darnand ended up sharing a double bed in one of my games. They just pick an empty spot and use it. Or so they say… tongue.gif

It took me awhile to discover that the Hearthfire manor house interiors start with BYOH. It takes me a long time to pick through the lists and find what I’m looking for, especially when I get sidetracked by all of the fun things I am not looking for! As far as I can tell the child’s practice dummy is a made from a PracticeDummy01 scaled to 0.8 along with the other stuff to make it recognizable as the child’s. I looked at the one in the BYOH basements to see where it came from. Also it looks like the child beds in the family bedroom are scaled down to 0.85, while the ones that the children use upstairs are regular scale since they are sometimes used for adults. And one more thing, you can use an InvisibleChairMarkerF to let adults sit on the end of the child’s bed, which could look sweet or scary depending on the NPC.

This is much more fun for me with friends also going through this process! The Creation Kit is every bit as addictive as the game, lol. Until you get to adjusting the exterior NavMesh. Argh!!

Acadian, it’s Buffy’s delightful presence that makes Honeyside so welcoming! happy.gif (I suspect that the mod I use to make interiors look darker in my games makes the player houses look dark inside as well.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 31 2015, 08:39 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 31 2015, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 31 2015, 07:54 AM) *

Let’s see, for the Multiple Adoptions mod to work you need to use at least one doll play idle marker, a practice dummy, at least one child chest, a dining table, some number of child beds, a bunch of BYOH child markers inside and outside, some sweep idle markers, and a double bed for the spouse. Possibly also some things that I missed, since I haven’t gotten one of mine working yet. All of these items get specific ref types or keywords which are spelled out in the modder’s file. At first it looked intimidating but after a couple of reads it just looks like marking things correctly and checking them off of a list, just like ghastley described in another thread somewhere. It does look like the Hearthfire DLC is required, though, since a lot of that stuff comes from Hearthfire. I don’t remember seeing a dresser or clothing requirement, just the chest marked for the child. The kids will tell you that they put things in their chest that they find like flowers, and they will invite you to take anything that you want from their chest.

For my cottage I’m going to make it with two spare beds for followers and then later see if I want to add the things to make it family friendly, which would also make those beds unavailable to followers. So far in my tests the Multiple Adoptions mod can be a little tricky all by itself, so I want to be sure I know which mod is screwing up when there’s a problem. wacko.gif

In the Hearthfire DLC all of the kid-related changes to the houses are initiated by the player. When you buy furnishings from the Jarl’s steward you have different choices depending on the house. Proudspire Manor adds an extra room for the kids that you can buy. Houses like Breezehome and Honeyside replace one of the other rooms with the children’s room if you choose to buy the furnishings. So for Honeyside you can start off buying the enchanting room, go back and pay for it to be converted to a kids’ room, and then later if you move or don’t adopt kids I’m pretty sure you can pay to convert it back to the non-Hearthfire room option. Or you can just furnish it for kids in the first place which (I think) then gives you the option to pay to convert it to an enchanting room. Once you have your family living in the house you can tell one of them to move to another house (if it is suitable for a family) and they will all move there.

In the Hearthfire Build-Your-Own manors the upstairs beds switch around depending on if you have kids living there or if/when you build the bedroom wing with the kids beds and chests downstairs. Once you build the family bedroom wing the kids and your spouse will start sleeping down there, which frees up the upstairs beds for whatever adult NPCs are supposed to be sleeping in the house. That’s how Erik the Slayer and NPC Darnand ended up sharing a double bed in one of my games. They just pick an empty spot and use it. Or so they say… tongue.gif

It took me awhile to discover that the Hearthfire manor house interiors start with BYOH. It takes me a long time to pick through the lists and find what I’m looking for, especially when I get sidetracked by all of the fun things I am not looking for! As far as I can tell the child’s practice dummy is a made from a PracticeDummy01 scaled to 0.8 along with the other stuff to make it recognizable as the child’s. I looked at the one in the BYOH basements to see where it came from. Also it looks like the child beds in the family bedroom are scaled down to 0.85, while the ones that the children use upstairs are regular scale since they are sometimes used for adults. And one more thing, you can use an InvisibleChairMarkerF to let adults sit on the end of the child’s bed, which could look sweet or scary depending on the NPC.

This is much more fun for me with friends also going through this process! The Creation Kit is every bit as addictive as the game, lol. Until you get to adjusting the exterior NavMesh. Argh!!

Acadian, it’s Buffy’s delightful presence that makes Honeyside so welcoming! happy.gif (I suspect that the mod I use to make interiors look darker in my games makes the player houses look dark inside as well.)

Yes, I agree - talking it over can open up some insights one might not have realized otherwise (I've learned a LOT about the way Hearthfire works here, knew absolutely nothing about it before. It is a really great way to kind of bring things into focus.

KC and I went through all the Oblivion classes at TESA together and it made the classes so much more fun and interesting to have a study-buddy to go through them with.

(Also agree on the exterior Nav-Mesh, I am most def exterior Nav-Mesh challenged and not ashamed to admit it).

I really knew nothing about Hearthfire at all, could not find anything that would help me gear a part of my house toward families; but wanted both options open at once instead of a one way or another scenario. Most people have followers plus might want a spouse and children - but I really have no idea if there are certain form ID's/references/keywords that the follower/spouse/child looks for in where to sleep or eat.

That was the main reason I downloaded that "Multiple Adoption" mod; not to use it myself but because it said the Read Me had a list for modders who wanted to make their homes meet a certain criteria for families.

So I read through it and used every available asset on the list - but never got to the part about renaming/keywords, etc. I really wish there was a tutorial for it, but that Read Me was the closest thing I found to a learning tool on the subject.

What I was wondering on it though - are those keywords she is having you add specific to her mod or to the NPC's themselves? I mean, are they ones the NPC's will cue to if you do not have her mod installed?

What I planned to do (before I got Hearthfire from that Steam sale) was to dig around and see how the non-DLC children were sleeping/eating/etc before the Hearthfire DLC is added and use that criteria; but then I finally ended up buying Hearthfire over the Thanksgiving holidays.

I didn't plan to install it while I was making this mod, (afraid it might mess something up) - just planned to dig through it in the CK; use it as a guideline - but there is only so much you can learn in the CK; just like there is only so much you can learn in game when it comes to the mechanics of it and knowing where to find the criteria it looks for.

In Oblivion, if you have an un-owned bed and an NPC is supposed to sleep; they will use that bed regardless. In Skyrim it doesn't work that easily, it is ridiculously complicated instead of "user friendly" like Oblivion was.

Not sure if the spouse will sleep in a bed owned by the Player or if it has to be marked "Player Faction" or "Marital bed" instead (and will "Marital bed" even work if the Player is not married at the time?); and how do you mark the beds for the children to automatically use them?

I think in Oblivion, Vilja's script changed the Player's bed to "Player Faction" so she could sleep in the Player's bed. But she was a follower - the Player might not want the followers climbing in and out of their marital beds...ERIK, I'm talking to you! laugh.gif

I am following that mod's Read Me; just wasn't sure if the Hearthfire criteria is the same or if that Read Me is specific to that mod. If it is different, I would rather make the mod dependent on Hearthfire than on the mod - but am still adding all the features that mod calls for because it is a more stringent guideline than Hearthfire's - would rather add too many child amenities than too few.

What it boils down to is, I really want to set this house up to be user friendly for families, but without making it dependent on Hearthfire. But I'm really not sure if they will even be able to use the facilities without (whatever coding Hearthfire might add) - in other words, am I just jerking off or actually making a useable functioning bedroom for the Dovahkiin's extended entourage?

Anyway, without knowing how the cue for NPC's to use the facilities works, I made one upstairs bedroom for just the Player and his spouse (double bed), another upstairs bedroom that is set up to house both followers and children (at opposite ends of the same room - didn't know if they needed a separate room or not) - that room has three legitimate child beds in it; plus 4 full size beds for followers (2 double, 2 single). Then - something I read made me wonder if the children and followers had to be in separate quarters, so I set up another bedroom downstairs with a few full size beds and a couple standard beds shrunk to .85.

I used that Read Me from that mod in setting up the children's areas, just got everything on the list I could find and set it up so every child bed has a dresser and that chest for their treasures is at the foot of the bed. (Actually gave the followers the same set up, but with a wardrobe instead of dresser).

In the children's area I used lower (size, not class) shelves for their toys and shrunk the table and chairs a bit, used wooden plates; the followers have silver or glazed dishes and a full sized table with a bench.

Player Master Bedroom:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zpsff9f0752.jpg

Upstairs bedroom for Followers and Children (Children's beds have green covers; smaller table and chairs, etc)

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps12d7dca6.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zpse16aed17.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps6a229b6e.jpg

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps2c54dc19.jpg

Downstairs bedroom for followers; children; or staff:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/Ma...zps6c210178.jpg

Here is the Read Me list, but pay close attention to the first couple paragraphs - it seems to me that naming key system is specific to that mod; meaning your mod would also require that mod (and Hearthfire) to work:

TMPhoenix 5 jan 2014 à 12h02
The modding instructions to make a home compatible with my mods built-in home support (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29249)

This document is intented for home builders who which to make their custom
home compatible with the adoption system. If you make the required additions
to your home, the scripting in my mod will take their of the rest.

REQUIRED CHANGES
================

To make a home compatible with the Hearthfire (HF) adoption system (and my
extension to it) a custom home needs to be set up in a similar fashion as the
vanilla homes and the Hearthfire homes. Some minor additions are required to
allow my quests and scripting to pick items dynamically.
To get an idea of what
some of the changes require you can peek at the Hearthfire homes in the
Creation Kit (CK). The changes will allow the children and the Dragonborns
spouse to use the home like they would one of the vanilla homes.

To make the home compatible your mod needs to have HF as a master, since some
of the items and keywords come from that mod.
You do NOT need to add my mod as a master, so you can probably get away with
making just one version of a home.

Your home needs:
FOR THE KIDS:
- You need to create an interior location for the house; It needs to have the
LocTypePlayerHouse keyword. Add LocTypeDwelling" and LocTypeHouse for
good measure as well.
- Add a map marker (not strictly needed, but still very useful)
- You need an exterior location as a parent to the interior location with the
BYOH_LocTypeHomestead keyword (preferred) or an exterior with the LocTypeCity
keyword. The latter is not recommended as this would make it difficult to
detect whether you are living in a vanilla home or in a custom home. Also add
the LocTypeHabitation keyword.
- You need at least one doll play idle marker with the
BYOHAdoption_ChildPlayDoll keyword. You can add more than one. Those will be
used during sandboxing. The additional markers don't need the keyword.
- A practice dummy with the BYOH_ChildDummy needs to be in place as well. Again,
you can add more than one, but one will be the preferred dummy. This will
be used for sparring with wooden swords or daggers.
- You need to add at least one child chest with the BYOH_ChildChest keyword.
- You need a dining table with the BYOH_ChildDiningTable keyword.
- In your exterior location you need to add at least one marker with the
BYOH_ChildSandboxOutside keyword. Adding more than one means the game can
choose a location dynamically whenever you move the family there or you adopt
another child.
- Add some interaction markers near the sandbox markers to allow the kids to
actually do stuff, like play instruments, sit on the floor or a chair etc.
- Front Door in the Exterior should have loc ref: BYOHFrontDoor
- Add at least 2 child beds preferably 6, so all kids can sleep.
You can either mark the beds themselves with the BYOH_ChildBed Keyword or
place an XMarker near each of the beds with the BYOH_ChildBed Keyword if you
need more control. These are used to locate the child beds. The packages look
in a radius of about 100 (An adult nord male is about 128 tall).
You could add more beds, but the system will only use up to 6, chosen
randomly each time you adopt a child or move your family. Be sure to use beds
set up for children so they can actually use them and don't start growing
like they do when they play an animation that was set up for adult NPCs.
You need to place as widely spaced as possible. In the Hearthfire DLC houses
& Proudspire the beds are scaled to 0.85. If the beds are too close together
kids might sleep in the wrong bed and this could push other children out of
their own beds. A symptom of this is children just standing around even
though there's a free bed elsewhere. If this happens you may need to tweak
the bed positions or the move the markers a bit so there is no overlap.
- Make each of the child beds owned by the BYOHChildAdoptionOwned faction.
- In the home, set up at least one marker with the BYOH_ChildSandboxHome
keyword. The adoption script supports up to 4, but you could add more and have
it choose up to 4 dynamically (when moving/adopting).
- In the children's bedroom add a marker with the BYOH_ChildSandboxRoom keyword.
This allows the game to locate their room for playing or when they are angry
with you and "won't speak to you ever again" (apparently forever lasts a day).
- Add at least two sweep idle markers with the BYOH_ChildPatrolChores keyword.
You can make them sweep multiple areas by linking some more sweep idle markers
to the ones with the BYOH_ChildPatrolChores keyword. Use sweep idles with
patrol data times of between 15-20 (to give an idea of how many Proudspire
uses 11, Breezehome uses 3). Set them up link reffed in a circle. You could
also add another set of sweep patrol markers near the ones you placed to
allow adults (followers/spouse) to sweep along with the kids.
- Add EXACTLY 2 markers with the BYOH_ChildSceneMarker keyword near each other.
These are used to place the kids when they start arguing or when they want to
greet you. They need to be inside! Place them near the entrance. For example
in the Hearthfire homes they are placed just inside the main hall in front of
the dining table.
- You can add a marker with the BYOHAdoption_PetDoorMarker to the the main door
in the exterior.
- Add a few x heading markers with the WIHideandSeek keyword outside. These are
used for playing hide and seek.
- Add various interaction markers and furniture within range of the sandbox
markers so the kids can actually do things; Think of:
"Child lay on floor marker", "Child Play Dirt" and "Child sit on knees"
They don't need any special keywords. You can also use "Play Drum marker",
"Play Flute Marker" and "Play Lute Marker". Make each marker in the case of
instrument playing into Ownership Faction
BYOHRelationshipAdoptionChildOwnedFaction, they will play the instruments but
make no noise in the same way they do in Proudspire Manor.

FOR THE SPOUSE:
- A double bed with the SpouseBedKeyword keyword owned by the PlayerBedFaction
This will be the preferred marital bed. If you don't do this the spouse should
still sleep, but they will pick any bed within the home.
- An XMarker with the LocationCenterMarker keyword. To this marker link the bed
with the SpouseBedKeyword above. This is needed for the scripting to find the
preferred bed. The marker itself is used by the spouse to locate the house.
It is also a sandbox location so place it where there are several useable
furniture items/activity markers nearby for maximum effect.

TESTING YOUR CHANGES
====================

My mod works by using a "Bless Home" spell to determine whether or not a home is
suitable for family life. This spell runs a script that should tell you whether
or not your home as all required elements in place. If not you will be notified
that the home is not suitable and you can check your papyrus log for messages
about the missing requirements, including optional ones.

Happy Modding,
TMPhoenix

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 31 2015, 11:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 1 2015, 01:30 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

OK, I found another mod that some people seem to use to move their families into a mod home, and it doesn’t introduce Hearthfire dependence in the house mod: Custom Family Home. I won’t have time to try it for a while, but that’s another option for people who want to use a house that isn’t specifically made for Multiple Adoptions to work in it. So the things you’ve added without using Hearthfire might be enough for people if they use a different method (other than Multiple Adoptions mod) to move their family and /or followers. That way people who don’t have Hearthfire and adopted children can still use your mod.

The only way I have found to have more than two children who are recognized as the player’s family is to use the Multiple Adoptions mod, though, and compatibility with that mod requires Hearthfire dependence in the house mod.

I’ve found that NPCs will use unowned beds or even bedrolls dropped on the floor when I use the My Home Is Your Home mod to give them a home schedule, but they won’t use the player’s bed in regular game houses like Breezehome. I don’t know how to make the player’s bed available to the spouse without using a separate mod to move the spouse there. I’ve never actually had a spouse live in a modded house, only the regular game ones. That’s another thing I need to try.

At this point I’m going to shoot for Multiple Adoptions support with my High Point Hall mod but just put the furniture in place in Rocky Top and see if I can use Custom Family Home to move a spouse and two kids there. It will take me a long time to get any results, though. I am super slow at this. Plus I just figured out how to make a study/library in the armory room of Lakeview Manor, so now I will be placing book markers for Darnand until I go blind. laugh.gif

Your screenshots look great! I like how you have a lot of space between all of the beds and additional eating areas for NPCs. There will be lively activity in those rooms. There are several mods for gathering NPCs at a custom house, so even if most people don’t use all of the kids beds the adult ones will still be useful. Also users can swap out the kid beds for adult ones within their games (using console commands or a mod like Jaxonz Positioner), so it will be good to have the NavMesh in place for whatever kind of beds they end up with.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 1 2015, 06:49 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 1 2015, 07:30 AM) *

OK, I found another mod that some people seem to use to move their families into a mod home, and it doesn’t introduce Hearthfire dependence in the house mod: Custom Family Home. I won’t have time to try it for a while, but that’s another option for people who want to use a house that isn’t specifically made for Multiple Adoptions to work in it. So the things you’ve added without using Hearthfire might be enough for people if they use a different method (other than Multiple Adoptions mod) to move their family and /or followers. That way people who don’t have Hearthfire and adopted children can still use your mod.

The only way I have found to have more than two children who are recognized as the player’s family is to use the Multiple Adoptions mod, though, and compatibility with that mod requires Hearthfire dependence in the house mod.

I’ve found that NPCs will use unowned beds or even bedrolls dropped on the floor when I use the My Home Is Your Home mod to give them a home schedule, but they won’t use the player’s bed in regular game houses like Breezehome. I don’t know how to make the player’s bed available to the spouse without using a separate mod to move the spouse there. I’ve never actually had a spouse live in a modded house, only the regular game ones. That’s another thing I need to try.

At this point I’m going to shoot for Multiple Adoptions support with my High Point Hall mod but just put the furniture in place in Rocky Top and see if I can use Custom Family Home to move a spouse and two kids there. It will take me a long time to get any results, though. I am super slow at this. Plus I just figured out how to make a study/library in the armory room of Lakeview Manor, so now I will be placing book markers for Darnand until I go blind. laugh.gif

Your screenshots look great! I like how you have a lot of space between all of the beds and additional eating areas for NPCs. There will be lively activity in those rooms. There are several mods for gathering NPCs at a custom house, so even if most people don’t use all of the kids beds the adult ones will still be useful. Also users can swap out the kid beds for adult ones within their games (using console commands or a mod like Jaxonz Positioner), so it will be good to have the NavMesh in place for whatever kind of beds they end up with.

Thank you, I appreciate that! - and yeah, I loaded that place up with idle markers inside and out, lol. (But without Hearthfire, the child idle markers are really limited. I was going to check out Riverwood and Solitude and see if I could find out what they used for the children's play and idles in the vanilla game.

This is according to the "Multiple Adoptions" :

FOR THE SPOUSE:

- A double bed with the SpouseBedKeyword keyword owned by the PlayerBedFaction
This will be the preferred marital bed. If you don't do this the spouse should
still sleep, but they will pick any bed within the home.

- An XMarker with the LocationCenterMarker keyword. To this marker link the bed
with the SpouseBedKeyword above. This is needed for the scripting to find the
preferred bed. The marker itself is used by the spouse to locate the house.
It is also a sandbox location so place it where there are several useable
furniture items/activity markers nearby for maximum effect.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:32 AM