Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Elder Scrolls Online: E3 Demo!, Coming to PS4 and Xbox 1!
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 13 2013, 10:12 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

IGN DEMO.

The hands-on are in, the previews flowed over and I have to confess the video did restore some measure of hope in me. Mostly because its coming for the consoles. I can't play most ES games on PC. My PC isn't good, so I would love playing the new Elder Scrolls game on my new system in front of a large tv. This I like. But what do you guys think? Will you be getting it for the PS4? Xbox 1 or PC? Will you even be getting the game at all?

The fact that we don't need to click and wait to kill enemies is good. We can visit Morrowind, Hammerfell, Cyrodiil, Elsweyr, and all the other provinces. Stealing bread, lockpicking, reading about chees(and many other books), exploration, good character animations like Skyrim(Enchanting, alchemy use, weapon making, etc).

Frankly, I can't wait to get this. I understand that graphics make the game for some, but this looks a decent enough game. Thoughts?

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 14 2013, 12:37 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Surprising that they are making it for the console, but I think that will really help them be successful in the long run. Good for them.

I personally will get it for the PC just because I don't plan on buying a PS4 or an Xbox One. I definitely will get it just because it's TES. Have to give it a chance.

Which brings up a question that I don't think they talked about: Will players from different platforms get to play together? My initial thought is No, but it would be great if they could.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jun 14 2013, 01:34 AM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

I've never owned a console and I never will. So the news about consoles basically means nothing to me. I'll be buying it for the PC.

I've been staying away from most news about the game. I made a huge mistake with Oblivion. I massively overdosed on information about that game. I watched every video, read every word printed about the game from 2004 to 2006. I let myself become far too excited and as a result I was massively disappointed in the game. It could nopt possibly live up to the expectations I built up. And I vowed never to do that again.

I paid almost no attention to Skyrim until the day it came out. I didn't visit the Skyrim forum, I didn't watch previews, I didn't read interviews. I probably knew less about Skyrim than anybody on the Bethesda forums. I was very pleasantly surprised by how much I liked it.

I am doing the same with ESO. I am a slavishly devoted Elder Scrolls fan, so there is no way I am not buying the game. But I am also not going to poison my opinion by watching previews and reading interviews. So I plan to ignore almost everything about this game until release day.

I imagine I'll be doing the same with Fallout 4 and ES VI too, before they come out.
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jun 14 2013, 10:37 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

*Sees title*

*Clicks video*

biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 14 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

"Will there be mounts in the game?"

There will be mounts in the game. So here is a little sneak peek. Our mounts arent just mounts you pick up. Players will be able to feed their mounts and the way they feed their mounts will determine how their mounts will grow, so they will actually get to determine certain paths of their mounts and how they behave.

Nice. Very nice!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jun 14 2013, 10:40 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Jun 14 2013, 10:39 PM) *

"Will there be mounts in the game?"

There will be mounts in the game. So here is a little sneak peek. Our mounts arent just mounts you pick up. Players will be able to feed their mounts and the way they feed their mounts will determine how their mounts will grow, so they will actually get to determine certain paths of their mounts and how they behave.

Nice. Very nice!

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

Wait,*takes breath*,where is that Zero Puncuation picture of what happens when you get too hyped for a game?

I don't want to get my hopes too high,but I hope it's good.
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 16 2013, 02:04 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

The Elder Scrolls series have never failed me before. And it takes a few things to catch my attention. The free-roaming, immersion, etc is what kept me hooked, as well as the medieval/fantasy style the series had and the uniqueness of each game.

I'm sure ES online won't dissapoint me.

I'm just know I will make many new enemies in the Fighters Guild. So if you join the Fighter's Guild, I'll be out there!

Bradford: Ok, what about the Dark Anchors? Is there going to an incentive to complete these tasks?

NK: Yea, absolutely. Theres a skill line specific to the Fighters Guild, and the story of the Fighters Guild is that they have taken the contract to deal with this Daedric threat. One of the ways to do that is any Dark Anchor you see trying to pull our world into ColdHarbour, go ahead and knock that out. And every time you do that, youre going to advance your Fighters Guild skill. The Fighters Guild Skills are pretty strong, youll want them. They help specifically with dealing with Daedra and the undead, with sort of the supernatural, and can really help you in a variety of situations such as dungeons, dealing with Dark Anchors, tombs and generally hard things. They will also help you against players who have chosen to become vampires and werewolves, you can use those skills in a PVP scenario. Fighters Guild abilities are pretty good, so advancing in the Fighters Guild is good and Dark Anchors allow you to do that.

Nice! Faction wars begin!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 16 2013, 04:39 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

The demo looks beautiful. I would love to explore that version of Tamriel.

For me its all going to come down to what can be done without the annoyance of other players. My real world has plenty of PvP, so I have limited tolerance for jackassery in my leisure pursuits.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jun 16 2013, 06:43 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 16 2013, 04:39 PM) *

For me its all going to come down to what can be done without the annoyance of other players. My real world has plenty of PvP, so I have limited tolerance for jackassery in my leisure pursuits.

Well it isn't always on PvP,only your faction will be in your faction zones.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 16 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

I'll probably be sticking to the PvE zones when I play. PvP doesn't appeal to me either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 16 2013, 08:50 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jun 16 2013, 01:43 PM) *

But that does not prevent adolescent idiots from screaming racist, homophobic, misogynistic, and every other 'istic' insults in your ear the entire time. Which what online play is all about right?

If you could play this without having to ever interact with any other humans I would try it. Because like Grits said, I get enough of that IRL.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jun 16 2013, 08:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jun 17 2013, 04:15 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 16 2013, 08:50 PM) *

But that does not prevent adolescent idiots from screaming racist, homophobic, misogynistic, and every other 'istic' insults in your ear the entire time. Which what online play is all about right?

If you could play this without having to ever interact with any other humans I would try it. Because like Grits said, I get enough of that IRL.

Hey I was a kid once,I didn't like it when people judged me by my age,there's alot of older jerks in gaming to.

Just use the questionarie to be with RPers.

Also if you don't want Human Interaction,don't play an MMO.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 17 2013, 04:48 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 16 2013, 02:50 PM) *

I'm pretty sure you can filter chat by party so you would only hear or see things from people you have agreed to play with. If your party is empty, then you will see nothing. I've played Terra and Diablo 3 briefly and that's how it worked on there.

And kind of what Imperial Snob said, an MMO is made by playing with other people. They generally aren't a whole lot of fun without other people.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Jun 17 2013, 04:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 17 2013, 07:25 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

The filter thing sounds encouraging, KC. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 17 2013, 08:40 PM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ImperialSnob @ Jun 17 2013, 11:15 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jun 16 2013, 08:50 PM) *

Hey I was a kid once,I didn't like it when people judged me by my age,there's alot of older jerks in gaming to.

Just use the questionarie to be with RPers.

Also if you don't want Human Interaction,don't play an MMO.

I did not mean adolescent as in age, but as in maturity. Many people never grow beyond adolescence, regardless of how many years they have been alive, and some mature beyond that point before they are out of public school.

I do not play mmos. I play computer games to get away from all the assholes I am barraged with IRL. I am stating that if it was not an mmo, I would try it.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jun 17 2013, 08:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jun 18 2013, 06:11 AM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jun 17 2013, 08:48 AM) *

an MMO is made by playing with other people. They generally aren't a whole lot of fun without other people.

Maybe not to most people, but that's the way I play them. I play them as MSPOs (massively single-player online games). They are single-player games that just happen to have other players running around in the background.

I've played WoW for years (I'm co-owner of the website Petopia) as well as a few others like Everquest 2 and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. I've never raided, PvP'ed or done battlegrounds. I have never even been in a group. I have always thought there's a lot to enjoy in these games when they are played as single-player games.

This post has been edited by Pseron Wyrd: Jun 18 2013, 06:15 AM
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 18 2013, 06:28 AM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jun 18 2013, 12:11 AM) *

Maybe not to most people, but that's the way I play them. I play them as MSPOs (massively single-player online games). They are single-player games that just happen to have other players running around in the background.

I've played WoW for years (I'm co-owner of the website Petopia) as well as a few others like Everquest 2 and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. I've never raided, PvP'ed or done battlegrounds. I have never even been in a group. I have always thought there's a lot to enjoy in these games when they are played as single-player games.

I've never found the gameplay in an MMO to be enticing enough to be the only reason I play. But, to each their own.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jun 19 2013, 02:37 AM
Post #18

Finder
Group Icon

I admit, I get bored of MMOs a lot faster than I get bored with most single-player games. And the reason probably has to do with the way I play. But I just have zero interest in dealing with other people when I play an MMO.
+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jun 19 2013, 07:50 AM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jun 19 2013, 02:37 AM) *

I admit, I get bored of MMOs a lot faster than I get bored with most single-player games. And the reason probably has to do with the way I play. But I just have zero interest in dealing with other people when I play an MMO.

You might not like ES:O then,but you can do the MQ.

But think about it guys you can set your game to RP and we can finally bring our charcters(or ancestors of)to meet,we could start a Chorrol.com guild!
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Aug 18 2013, 07:16 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, so now that its confirmed for Ps4, I'm definitely getting both!

Anyone still up for that Chorrol.com Guild?

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:39 PM