4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The story of Ann Thraxx, a survivor of Kvatch
Lady Saga
post Apr 14 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #21

Mouth
Group Icon

I don't know if I can double-post this or not. I want to keep writing, but if I add more text to the post above, it'll get more and more tedious to edit.

@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--

Chapter VI

Heartfire 5, 3rd Era, Year 433, 12:37 pm

Ann Thraxx wakes with a burning sensation on her head, and stumbles out of bed. It's the bed! she realizes. Such a bed is downright evil with its comfort. She's slept in it far too long, and can almost hear the tongue-lashing her mother (Mara rest her soul) would have given her.

She walks out of her room, into a corridor, and figures out where the door to the downstairs lobby is. As she does so, she clambers down some steps while the proprietor of the Inn suddenly walks over to see his guest. He looks up at her in a manner that seems mildly friendly. As Ann nears him, she can see the name "Luther Broad" upon his rather foppish-looking blue shirt.

"How fares thee, Luther?"

"What do you want?"

"My name is Ann Thraxx. I'm a citizen from Kvatch, and am new here to the Imperial City. I'd like to know if there's anything you can tell me about your city, sir." Ann decides she's not going to ask Luther if he knows what happened in Kvatch yet. She had already been down this path far too often in these last few days.

"I don't trust you enough to talk about that" he says coldly, his face now turning stonish.

Wow!

Ann is stunned. What did I do to deserve that treatment? she asks, totally oblivious to the fact that SHE'S the customer, and the customer is "always right". I'm only asking about the Imperial City, what's the harm in that?"

She looks at Luther a moment, then stares at the floor, her previous self-esteem failing. Feeling suddenly overwhelmed with several emotions at once, Ann makes eye contact with the man, then tells him she'll be off.

"Farewell", he says, almost gladly.

She walks to the exit, and then turns to Luther, looking at him from across the room.

IPB Image

When she came here to Luther Broad's Boarding House the previous evening, Ann was so exhausted she could barely keep her eyes open. She didn't really get a good look at her innkeeper until now. As she gazes upon him, she realizes he's carrying a giant 2-handed weapon of some sort on his back! Now that's a way to protect your establishment. As she walks outside to a rather foggy day, she tries to imagine Luther's place getting attacked.

Well, if the usual person tried anything funny in there, a thief or a ruffian that is, Luther would no doubt be able to handle it. But what if one of those daedra showed up? What then? Try as she might, Ann couldn't imagine Luther being able to protect himself or his guests from those beasts. And that was not good. It was yet another reason why she really couldn't stay there for long.

She walks down the causeway, and remembers to try her Fire Touch spell again. She waits till noone is around, and then focuses her mind. She waves her hand (palm outwards) but nothing happens. No luck. She must be doing something wrong. So that does it. First order of the day will be to get to Edgar Vautrine's Discount Spells and figure things out.

"A lot of mages swear by Rindir's Staffs."
said a Breton man, unseen to Ann.

"Rindir always keeps a perfect selection of staves at hand. It's almost as if he knows my skill level exactly".
says another man.

"Aahhhhh"
said the first man, apparently yawning.

"Take care"

Ann now walks from this district (which she later learns is the Elven District) to the Markets.

"...disgusting creatures I hope to never see another"
says a Breton woman.

"Awful creatures, but I hear their meat is rather tasty..."

Hearing this, Ann at first worries they're discussing daedra, then relaxes when she realizes they're merely talking about mudcrabs. So that's good. If the citizens of the Imperial City are flippantly discussing mudcrabs just as they always do, that must mean that at least everything out here is still safe. No daedra had attacked any of the City's gates. Ann was never so happy to hear a "mudcrab conversation" in her life, she realized.

She walks into the Discount Spells shop, to speak to her first spell-mentor.

"You don't want the very best. You want cheap! And I got cheap!" he says, making his usual pitch.

Over the course of another hour, she and Edgar went over the learnings of the spell, to see what Ann had possibly been missing. It was only after several hours that the problem was finally figured. Apparently, it was Ann Thraxx's Starsign.

Born under the sign of The Atronach, Ann was one of Cyrodiil's rare peoples who couldn't regenerate their own magicka. But never fear, there was a solution to this. As long as Ann kept a bottle of magicka, this wouldn't be a problem. She could merely take a quaff of this mixture, and regain her magicka, or some of it. It was an inconvenience, that's all.

Ann could also gather something up which she had previously picked lots of: flax seed. Flax grew all over the West Weald where she had previously lived. As long as she kept lots of flax in her pouch, she would be fine. Steel entonoma mushrooms were also good at regenerating magicka. No wonder the Mage's Guild in Kvatch always bought up all the flax and steel mushrooms Ann could possibly carry in.

Feeling better, Ann decides she's now going to speak to Thoronir, the wood elf from that goods store she met the previous day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--

Chapter VII

Heartfire 5, 3rd Era, Year 433, 5:35 pm

"Welcome back!" says Thoronir to Ann. He looks at Ann mistrustfully for some reason.

Ann searches her memory (which had of course had become over-taxed these last few days) and realizes she's already spoken to Thoronir the previous day. Matter of fact, when Ann left Jensine's shop, she had come directly over to Thoronir's shop to ask him some questions about his "merchandise". Ann was having a little trouble remembering what exactly happened, but she does remember that the conversation had not gone well.

But while she's here, Ann decides to make small talk anyways. Maybe she can make amends somehow.

"What's been going on lately. Hear anything new?" she asks, suddenly almost afraid what the answer might be.

"Vinivial Melicaya takes all the merchant complaints in the city", he says, starting to glare at her again. It's as if he's saying "got a complaint against me and my prices? Take it up with "Vinivial".

"Listen Thornir. I didn't mean any harm with all my questions yesterday, it's just that some of the Market's shopkeepers are concerned".

"What?" he asks, raising his brow slightly in mock-defence.

"Oh come now....you really need to drop this attitude! Drop it at once!"
she says this, finally feeling a small bit of real confidence. This merchant really needed to come off it, she thinks.

"Oh please..."
Thoronir says, rolling his eyes.

"Did your mother not teach you at least the basics of friendliness? Of taking care of your customers in a satisfactory manner?"

"You're full of it!"

Well that didn't work. Ann thought for a moment. This conversation was not going as she would have liked. Thoronir was looking so angry at Ann now, his little wood elf face all scrunched up. She decided maybe a new direction was needed.

"You know, if you like, we can make a little pact. I know these merchants are concerned about your prices, but if I promise to keep from further investigation, perhaps you can keep your prices, and I can keep an honest shopkeeper on my side", Ann promises, telling a little white lie in the process

"Good one!"

Now let's keep this our little secret, then. And keep your ruddy wood elf cheeks in good color with a bit of mead, what do ya say?"

"Pleease, I'm embarassed, but thank you!"

"That works for me!"
says Thornir as Ann breaks conversation with him.

Ann now leaves the Copious Coinpurse. As she walks outside, the sky is a deep rosey color, and the citizens are out in the Market streets, chattering away. She has no intention of leaving this issue with Thoronir be, that's one thing she promises herself. But could they really want me to investigate this? A lowly peasant? Why would they want me to look into these affairs? Is it because I'm basically an outsider?

Feeling self-conscious all a sudden, she decides it's best if she discusses this with Jensine, the lady who assigned this task in the first place.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: May 30 2012, 07:44 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Apr 15 2012, 06:51 AM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

Brilliant, love all the conversations from the game cropping up...Loved the speechcraft ones...Made me laugh that did... biggrin.gif ...

Loving the story, the different coloured speech text, everything...

Keep it up...

Nice one!!...

*applauds heartily*...
+Quote Post
Andrea
post Apr 15 2012, 09:20 PM
Post #23

Evoker

Chapter V: I absoloutly loved the dream sequence at the beggining and learning a little something about what happened to Kvatch from the eyes of the victim. It was very well written. Also, I loved your description of how Ann was taught her spell. Simple, yet brilliant!

Chapter VI: Ann must have been so confused after Luther's attitude! Jessika had a similar encounter with him and threatened to remove her custom unless she recieves an apology. Luther had nothing nice to say and she hasn't returned since.

Chapter VII: Hehe I loved Ann's little argument with Thoronir. I also love that a simple offering of drink was enough to accept her deal tongue.gif

Can't wait for more!!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 16 2012, 12:16 AM
Post #24

Paladin
Group Icon

Poor Ann is still suffering from reminders of the horrors inflicted upon Kvatch. No wonder she’s paranoid about it happening again to wherever she is. sad.gif

I enjoyed Ann's discovery of spellcasting. Then what a wonderfully natural way to introduce that she is an Atronach! Flax and steel bluies indeed! goodjob.gif

Yup, nothing worse than being glared at by a scrunched up little wood elf’s face! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 16 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

I think you can double-post in your story thread as much as you like.

I like the mudcrab test. If mudcrabs are still considered awful, then things must be all right. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 16 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #26

Mouth
Group Icon

I thank you all. Hee hee, I feel like I'm one of those poets or story-tellers I've seen at a nearby coffee shop. There's never more than 10 or 12 people to listen, if that. It's a small, cozy place, well-painted and "kitchy" <however you spell it. If I were to tell this story over at Bethsoft, it would be more like talking at a sports bar! laugh.gif

Andrea: Really? Jessika also got the brush-off from Luther? It's funny, I don't remember him being so rude when my earlier characters have run into him. Glad it's not just Ann who's getting the brunt of his annoyances.

Acadian: coming from you, that means so much! Master storyteller, thou art. And I am your young grasshoppa. Or one of your young grasshoppas.

McB: hearty thanks to you too. *clink*

QUOTE(Grits @ Apr 16 2012, 06:30 AM) *

I like the mudcrab test. If mudcrabs are still considered awful, then things must be all right. smile.gif

Hee hee thought you guys might like that. "she's never been so glad to hear a mudcrab conversation in her life" bit...laugh.gif

Listen. This story is moving along. The next few chapters are already basically written in my head, and I need to get them put to virtual paper. So without further ado...

@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--

CHAPTER VII

Heartfire 5, 3rd Era, Year 433, 8:26 pm

"Any news about that certain task we discussed?"

Jensine looks at Miss Thraxx plainly, without hesitation or haste. She simply wants an answer. Once again, Ann is speechless for a moment as she realizes this woman is serious. She wants Ann to get involved. Jensine is unconcerned with Ann's slovenly appearance, her unkempt peasant's clothing, or her unconfident demeanor. She simply wants an answer.

Well okay. Here goes...

"Listen Miss Jensine. I did speak to Thoronir yesterday, he's out to deny any sorts of involvements with what you, as a concerned merchant, have been implying upon him."

As Ann speaks to Jensine, she notices what looks to be some sort of a wart or disfigurement on her face, just underneath the lower-right side of her lip. She catches herself staring at this wart or bump or whatever it is, and immediately wards her eyes away, looking towards the countertop instead.

"I told you he wouldn't cooperate!" says Jensine, " your best bet is to shadow him and see where he goes".

Again, Ann feels that same sensation: surprised. Surprised at being treated as a sort of "equal". Nobody had ever asked her to "shadow" anybody when she lived in Kvatch. Matter of fact, they mostly treated Ann just the way she presented herself: simply. "As simple flower/gatherer, that one is", Ann can hear them say.

IPB Image

"But what of his inventory? He says there's nothing unusual about it."

"His invntory must be stolen. It has to be! He prices lower than it takes to make some of those things! Go see for your self!" Jensine accuses.

"I see. Well, I'll try my best" Ann promises, unsure of what to do next.

"Thanks again for your help. We had no other place to turn..." Jensine offers.

So that's that.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Heartfire 5, 3rd Era Year 433 7:40 pm

As she leaves Jensine's "Good as New" shop, Ann's head is a mixture of confusion. Jensine wants me to do this? She wants me to follow that compentuous little Bosmer? Why me?

As her head is in a small whirl, she literally is almost blind to a sight which would normally have made her gasp.

IPB Image

She looks to the plaza in front of her, only to notice a black-haired, white-faced woman...her arms outstretched, and her knees look as if they've been cemented into the very ground itself!

this is one of those odd glitches the game occasionally throws at us. Check out that lady's legs in the pic above. They're in the ground. Somehow

Ann stares at the woman, takes a few steps backwards, and then sidesteps off, keeping her eye on the strange sight she just witnessed. Cyrodiil was a place of magics and mystery, as was all of Tamriel. There was always something strange going on like this, something which could not be explained. As Ann walks away, she feels the urge to ask the woman what's going on. Was it a spell failure? A spell that was cast and did not work, perhaps? That seemed most likely.

"It's none of your business", she says, almost scolding herself. She won't get involved. There's a lady with her lower-legs stuck in the ground over there, but I've got more important concerns...she thinks.

...Her tummy now grumbles.

At the end of this corner of the Markets, the smell of baked goods starts to make Ann's insides protest. Had she eaten today? She couldn't remember if she had or not. So feeling for her coins, she can't help but enter this place she's sussed out.

She walks into an empty establishment, and the smell of food is almost too much. A dark elf with black skin greets her...

"Put on the Feed Bag! I'm Delos Fandas! We've got food and drink, and lots of it!"

He smiles warmly at her. Ann gazes at his friendly blackish face, and can't also help but notice his clothes. Why...he's wearing a scroungy, worn sack cloth shirt, just as Ann is. Ann takes an instant liking to Delos, but then remembers her stash of coins is running low.

But she can't help herself.

"So what have you got to eat, then?"

"May I interest you in some of my fine wares".

The selection seems overwhelming. He's got beer, and he's got wines. Mead and...of course....food. And lots of it. Her mouth waters as she buys a loaf of bread, with a bright yellow wedge of cheese on the side. Four gold. Now she's got just 13 in total.

"And if it's not too much trouble, could you melt that cheese upon the bread?"

"Another satisfied customer" Dralas assumes.

Despite his hospitable manner, Ann goes and sits as far away from Dralas as possible. For no reason other than she thinks she's imposing, somehow. But this is okay. It's getting dark outside, and all a sudden, there's a small rush of patrons coming in from the Markets to have some dinner.

"How are you?" asks a grizzly-sounding cat-person.

"Been better..." says Dralas.

"That's too bad"

"We're all talking about the Emperor's murder! We have no Emperor, and no heirs! That's never happened before! I suppose we should all be worried."
Dralas informs, but his voice sounds casual, as if he's not really thinking about the Emperor's murder much at all.

"I just don't think about it. The Elder Council will take care of things, sooner or later"

YAAAWWWWNNNN
goes Dralas, confirming Ann's suspicion that he wasn't particularly worried.

..Maybe it was the "chic" thing (for lack of a better word) to do around here, Ann thinks. Pretend you're concerned about things such as this. How would any of these citizens react if a giant mechanical monster came crashing through the Market square, dozens of daedra and little magical creatures accompaning it? Would they scream? Would they shout for Mara as she had? Would they put up a fight???

...One thing for sure, this "chic" little attitude they were carrying, in which they pretended that no harm could ever come to them, would be dropped in an instant. Perhaps the citizens of the Imperial City (many of whom spent grand portions of their life here, without ever leaving) were all a little too cozy with themselves. "The guards'll handle it" was perhaps something they'd assumed one time too many in their lives.

Trust me, Ann thinks...those guards would not be able to handle anything from whatever Oblivion could present them.

"Bye!", says Dralas to the cat-person, who seemed to have no intention of going anywhere.

But the bottom line. There it was again. The Emperor had been murdered. This is the second time Ann has heard about it! She fights the urge to go over and ask some questions when, looking down, she notices a flier on the very table before her.

It's the Black Horse Courier. As she reads it, she learns the story, blow by blow.

Apparently, Uriel Septim VII had died. He was 87. He had been killed by some sort of assassins (no mention of daedra here, Ann notices). In fact, all of Uriel's heirs had also been killed. The story was in print, and therefore had to be true.

No wonder the "problem" in Kvatch had seemingly not been reported yet. Only the murder of The Emperor Uriel Septim VII himself could have overshadowed such important news as the sacking of Kvatch.

Ann's head spun as she read the article, the melted cheese upon her bread cooling to a gummy substance.

After reading the article again. And again, it was now 9:47 pm. Ann's bread & cheese was barely nibbled. She was trying not to cry.

----------------------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: May 30 2012, 07:47 PM
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 17 2012, 12:09 AM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

The Imperial City. Where innkeepers walk around with two-handed claymores. People talk about mudcrabs. Anne is the rare one indeed with her being born under the "Atronach" sign. And the last chapter with the conversation between Anne and Thornir was priceless. And very clever, considering those lines(from Thornir) are in Oblivion!

Haha! This is pretty cool. I like it.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 17 2012, 01:28 AM
Post #28

Mouth
Group Icon

@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--

CHAPTER VIII

Heartfire 5, ...11:16 am

It's getting late, and Ann is getting sleepy.

As the night wore on and Ann's mind went thru a swirl of emotions, conversation around her went through ups and downs, back and forths. The place filled up with lots of citizens, yet Ann was thankful none of them bothered to join her at her table off in the corner.

So that was it. Uriel Septim is dead. By the hand of some lowly "assassin". It simply can't be true, but it is, Ann realizes.

Eventually, she finally forces herself to finish up her bread & cheese. She spent four precious gold on it, after all. Again, she can almost hear her mother's scolding, as her food goes cold.

But she cannot formulate a plan, so far as the Thoronir business goes. She tries, but can't imagine how she's going to tackle this one, putting her nose in the middle of other people's business was not something she was usually apt to do. On the other hand, getting involved might be just the thing to do. After all, the petty concerns of these merchants might just take her mind off of what had really been troubling her these last few days.

As she finally gets up to leave, she notices the Feed Bag is empty. Only Dralas is in attendance. She goes outside without saying goodbye.

------------------------------------------------------------

Heartfire 6....12:35 am

Ann walks outside to a dark night, and shivers. Looking up, she takes a gaze at White Gold Tower, once again.

*pic*

Well. One thing's for sure: this whole "Thoronir" business is going to have to wait. She's simply too wiped out after reading about the Emperor's murder over and over, trying not to get upset. Despite her better judgement, she decides it's probably best if she gets back to her "evil" bed at Luther Broad's. She could use another night of pampered-sleep, and hopefully no nightmares would return.

As she starts walking back to the Elven Gardens District, an Imperial Guard suddenly cuts in front of her, walking along in his heavy armor suit

..CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK...

Ann starts to walk behind him, subconsciously feeling just a little bit safer while doing so. As the guard nears one end of the Market District (the end where Edgar Vaurtrine's shop is), he suddenly comes to a stop, and gazes right. There's a blonde high elf woman walking amongst the barrels there. She looks to be wearing a leather armor top with a regular cloth skirt. The way the guard just stopped like this, it almost seems as if a confrontation is about to take place.

The elf walks towards the guard now.

"How are you?" she asks pleasantly.

"First, the Emperor's murder, now the prophet in Anvil ranting about the end of the world! It's a discrace". He says. Wow. All the elf asked was "how are you"? Not "what do you think about the current affairs of Cyrodiil?".

"Ohhh noo!!!", says the elf. Again, she's got that sort of mock-concern in her voice, as if she's merely acting like she's shocked. It's that "chicness" Ann noticed before in The Feed Bag.

"Without question", says the guard, almost smugly.

Ann has had enough.

As she continues to walk towards the Elven Gardens District, the elf and guard keep discussing concerns, without really meaning what they say, it seems.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Jun 4 2012, 09:50 PM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 17 2012, 02:09 AM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

I suggest you write everything in Word, Wordpad, or some word processing application first. Then copy and paste it here. Most of us do. Not only does it save you from catastrophes, but it also makes it much easier to proofread. Not to mention you do not have to write the entire thing in one sitting.

Poor Ann, still trying to come to grips with the horrors of Kvatch, only to be afflicted by the chicness of the Imperial City. Not to mention being hired to shadow a contemptuous Bosmer. Hopefully her new line of work as a private eye will give her some more self-confidence, and help her begin to overcome the past.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 17 2012, 02:26 AM
Post #30

Mouth
Group Icon

Thanks for the suggestions, SubRosa, and wait'll you see what happens next. I already wrote up the next chapter, but like I said it got erased. It'll be a good one, though...I remember exactly the sequence of events.

I'm wiped out, though. sad.gif I wanna write all night but.... Gotta get my kid into bed (she's watching American Idol. One of my roomies tapes it) and get myself to bed. Next chapter is coming soon...

wink.gif
+Quote Post
Andrea
post Apr 17 2012, 02:31 AM
Post #31

Evoker

A short chapter, but still very good. There is alot said about Ann here and her thought about Kvatch. I thought that her walking behind the Imperial was understandable. If it helped her feel safe after what she's already been through, every little helps. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 18 2012, 12:27 AM
Post #32

Paladin
Group Icon

‘The story was in print, and therefore had to be true.’
I love this! It tickles the funny bone with irony while simultaneously emphasizing our heroine’s delightful naiveté.

Poor Ann’s flashbacks to that night at Kvatch weave naturally and persistently through all her thoughts. sad.gif

You do a great job with the game’s dialogue and it was fun to hear Ann’s assessment: Chicness. Ahah, a chic story *groan*. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 18 2012, 03:01 AM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

I think I managed to attempt reading this every time you were in the middle of an edit on page 1, and I got very confused when the colors kept changing. But now they've stabilized, I think it's working nicely, and I can follow who's saying what.

I notice you've started to move the Author notes out of the main text, and I think it works better that way. If only because it avoids the need for another color, italics or whatever.

I really like your idea of drawing attention to the limitations of the game and its sometime absurd dialog, by having Ann react to it, instead of doing so yourself. Your virtual mods are working well too, especially the name tags!

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 18 2012, 04:03 AM
Post #34

Mouth
Group Icon

Acadian: Exactly. Poor naive Ann Thraxx. She's so naive and scared it's touching to me.

ghastley: I apologize about that. I've been in the habit of just posting text straight as I'm playing, and then editing stuff later. I hadn't considered SubRosa's idea before she said it! Guess I get over-eager sometimes.

The first couple posts (posts 1 and 2) may seem confusing, but I've left them the way they are because when I was originally gaming with Ann those first couple times, I kept slipping in and out of roleplay. During that in-and-out process, Ann somehow got created revealed. I think it's pretty cool that I had no idea who Ann was until I started gaming with her.

THE NEXT CHAPTERS are coming soon. They're gonna be good. Mmmm. this story is gonna keep getting better and better, I can promise that!

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Apr 18 2012, 04:06 AM
+Quote Post
Andrea
post Apr 20 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #35

Evoker

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Apr 18 2012, 04:03 AM) *

I think it's pretty cool that I had no idea who Ann was until I started gaming with her.

I had the exact same experience with Jessika. At first she came to me in a dream, so to made her in the game with her guiding me along. It took me a LONG time to learn about her, and I'm still learning now.

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 20 2012, 05:23 PM
Post #36

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Andrea @ Apr 20 2012, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Apr 18 2012, 04:03 AM) *

I think it's pretty cool that I had no idea who Ann was until I started gaming with her.

I had the exact same experience with Jessika. At first she came to me in a dream, so to made her in the game with her guiding me along. It took me a LONG time to learn about her, and I'm still learning now.

That's hamster cave cool. You are gonna maybe think this is corny, but to me our characters actually are alive, in some way. I like to think of them as energy essences. We may create these essences ourselves, or sometimes they pre-exist somehow. There is no such thing as time (time is an illusion to us who live in a 3-dimensional world, this has been proven mathematically as well as mystically). If you remove the restriction of time, therefore, lots of things are possible in our reality.
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Apr 20 2012, 06:02 PM
Post #37

Mouth
Group Icon

@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--
@-}--

Chapter IX

Heartfire 6, 3rd Era, Year 433, 1:18 am

"Look! There she is! That's the woman I seen yesterday as we first came to the Markets!"

"Poor thing. It must be so hard to make a living" says a second speaker
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 20 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

Are you having problems with your computer, Lady Saga?

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Lady-Mara-II
post Apr 24 2012, 11:23 PM
Post #39

Retainer

Loving it so far, particularly the conversations NPCs have, whether with Ann or amongst themselves. I hope she stops having nightmares about Kvatch soon. Has she thought any more about where she's going to live permanently? It can get really expensive to keep spending the night at inns.

I really feel for Ann.

It also appears that your chaper IX didn't post properly.

--------------------
Blessings of Mara upon ye.
+Quote Post
Glargg
post Apr 25 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #40

Retainer

I'm going to chime in here, too. I love that you're pulling the dialog straight out of the game, and showing us the warts along with the glory! Good stuff! smile.gif
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:19 AM