Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Love., A simple thread... because I'm a soppy girl.
Diamandis
post Jun 26 2013, 07:03 PM
Post #1

Finder
Group Icon

Love. Is it worth the effort? 5 times out of ten you'll just have your heart broken, right?

Or maybe, after a dozen failed relationships you'll find your perfect partner and live happily ever after with five children and a garden full of dogs.

Maybe you'll stay with you're childhood sweetheart until your golden years.

Me, personally, I've never had much luck with love. My last relationship ended miserably (most of you know all about THAT drama!).

My boyfriend before him moved away after a strong three year relationship. He was pretty great. He was my best friend for a number of years and after asking me to my end of school prom as a date, he successfully broke out of the friendzone.

So I want to hear about your love related stories, because I am in that kind of mood. Good or bad, romantic or cringeworthy...

Let's spread the LOVE smile.gif

--------------------
Fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a vrey srtnage mnid, wchih si good bceasue I od ot :D
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Jun 27 2013, 12:50 AM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

If you start counting on the day of my birth, it took over 46 years for me to find it...but find it I did. She is the best! biggrin.gif We will grow old together in happiness. What more can a man ask for?

--------------------
A Question of Fate is my Skyrim Fic
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 27 2013, 01:05 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

^^^Awwww!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Jun 27 2013, 01:46 AM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

I think we're done here.

This post has been edited by Black Hand: Oct 21 2014, 01:40 AM
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jun 27 2013, 08:10 AM
Post #5

Forum Bard
Group Icon

That is a very deep and thoughtful post Black Hand. It is almost poetic.

I'm a very logical person by nature and I have trouble seeing love as anything more than a word that describes the complex nature of human beings who need companionship and loyalty.

Love and obsession are synonymous in my opinion. People become obsessed with one another and become reliant on the other person's company. This leads to jealousy, much like when your dog becomes upset when you show attention to another person or animal. It is a common saying that people are creatures of habit. Most humans do not like changes and covet people or items that they believe that only they should possess.

That is my take.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 27 2013, 12:08 PM
Post #6

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Diamandis @ Jun 26 2013, 08:03 PM) *

Love. Is it worth the effort? 5 times out of ten you'll just have your heart broken, right?

Ten out of ten times for me. Never had a girl I truly loved, in fact no one has ever really shown any interest in me. It´s usually fine though as I am a gamer by heart and have always preferred to stay at home and play an awesome game alone.

Every now and then though I accidently connect with the human part of me and gets a serious crush on a girl far beyond what I could possibly ever hope for. And just now in fact I have re-connected with my last crush, but I´m thankfully seeing the end of it. For now.

So in short, love has only given me sadness in the long run and laughable, hopeless happines in the short run. I think one of my friends over at Bethsoft hit the bullseye a few months back when he said that I´m not as loveable as another member. He said it of course with a grin, but I seriously think he was more right than he thought.
I used to have a real-life friend who was the exact opposite; he could get whatever girl he wanted. He simply had that charisma I would need. Too bad it didn´t rub off on me tongue.gif

Oh but no need for pity, guys. It will only make me look bad after this biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jun 27 2013, 01:01 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

I met my wife almost exactly 18 years ago...1st of July 1995 to be precise...And it was love at second meeting...Absolute complete and utter love...And lust...Red hair, green eyes, legs up to her armpits...Which considering how short she is, is a hell of an achievement... tongue.gif ...Stunningly gorgeous and an I.Q. completely beyond anything I'd met before...

She was, in fact, perfect...

So, we became friends...Took it slowly...Didn't do anything about the attraction we both felt (and made obvious) until it got to a point where we were both hugely unhappy around each other's company...It was simply too painful anymore...

So once she'd dumped her boyfriend, we were together within hours and have barely spent any time apart since... biggrin.gif ...

Has she always made it easy to love her?...No, she can be...Difficult sometimes...

Have I always made it easy for her?...Really?...What do you think?... biggrin.gif ...

But, put simply...She is the absolute perfect woman and the love I have for her would fill several universes a billion times over...

I believe in love...And I've always found it easy to fall in love...Either with a person, a view, a colour, a piece of music...My heart will go out to something...I always give all of me to whatever...Yes, it may be a bad thing...

But I'm always there on show...Heart fully on my sleeve...

As I always say, I have no hidden depths...Just slower moving shallows... wink.gif ...

The song below sums up my life around the time I met McWifey...We met the night two members of my absolute fave band came to do a signing at the local nightclub...So it was that this song by them perfectly encapsulated my feelings for her...

I love you McWifey...

There, now everybody knows... smile.gif ...

Marillion - No One Can...
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jun 27 2013, 01:02 PM
Post #8

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Long live McWifey! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
ImperialSnob
post Jun 27 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

I.....I just really love cars.

I'm just worried the seats don't look real enough.
+Quote Post
PhonAntiPhon
post Jul 12 2013, 09:53 PM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

I am, I freely admit, a soppy so and so and I Love - LOVE - my wife. She is an awesome woman and I cannot imagine my life without her. smile.gif
Equally, Dylan our house bunny is also a little creature who features extremely highly in my softly-focused view of the world.

Seriously, it took a while but when I found it, yeah, it was The Best Thing. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Settled in Breezehome - (Mostly)
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 7 2015, 10:27 AM
Post #11

Spam Meister
Group Icon

*bump* biggrin.gif

I think it´s important to remember that love isn´t just a romantic thing that happens between two persons. It´s about that too but not only. It´s about being genuinely nice to one another, helping out where needed if it doesn´t "cost" you too much and accepting each other´s differences and maybe even embracing them.

But it can very well be enough to just give someone a friendly smile smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Jan 7 2015, 10:24 PM
Post #12

Mouth
Group Icon

This sums it up for me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 22 2016, 05:06 PM
Post #13

Spam Meister
Group Icon

We need much more love, peace and friendliness in this world.

That´s all I gotta say about that.

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Mar 22 2016, 05:26 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

I think less hatred, ignorance, fear, and greed would go further, but that's asking a lot.

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 23 2016, 12:06 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

I am afraid to Love. I got wounded. So, so bad. It still hurts. To this day. But that does not mean I will not Love again. Because it's true what they say. Love is the most heavenly and hellish thing one can experience. I'm young. I'm not even twenty yet, for chrissakes. So maybe I'm not sure what I'm talking about here.

But I know what I felt during those times when I was in Love.

I know what I felt when I was with ... Her. For a brief moment of time anyway.

It was ... IS a slow poison that I do not wish to be cured of.

It is fire that I'll gladly burn myself with, over and over and over again. I'll burn the whole world with it if I could.

Love is painful. So painful. Love anyway. To be afraid of pain in Love is to be afraid of the arrows in a battlefield. It can and will happen. Love anyway. Like Truth, Love can set you free. Sappy much? It's true. It's damn true. You haven't lived life if you haven't been in love to the point, that you can't possibly damn sleep. Because your waking hours have become dreams.

Love is also understanding. And I understood, from the very moment I realized I was madly in love with Her, that I cannot be with Her. I loved Her anyway. It cannot be denied. No matter how much I tried to resist it, to prevent myself from diving in too deep, I still... F#%^ing loved her. Because Her happiness became MY happiness.

I made all kinds of ridiculous and sometimes awkward gestures JUST to see a smile on Her face. And, at least for a little while, I was the reason behind her smile. It was enough. It is enough.

This is why love can be so painful. Just because you love someone with all the fibers in your being.. Doesn't mean you're meant to be. The most bitter thing in this world is to be so close... AND YET SO FAR.

Grateful for it anyway.

Because I know now what Love truly is.

Oh, Chocolate Chip and Mint Ice Cream.

I still love you.

Even if you and me aren't compatible for each other.

I still love you.

*Uleni Rides Off Into The Sunset*

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Mar 23 2016, 01:26 AM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

IPB Image

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Mar 23 2016, 08:26 PM
Post #17

Senor Snore
Group Icon

Oh yes, it can wreck you good. There's a lovely little song by Udo Lindenberg. It's in German. It starts with the line

Ein Herz kann man nicht reparier'n
Ist es einmal entzwei, dann ist alles vorbei

(You can't repair a heart
If if's broken once, it's all over)

So, very sad and pessimistic and.. well.. heart-broken, obviously.

But then the song goes on and the artist discovers that no matter how horrible you've been wounded...:

ein Herz das kann man reparier'n
und gehts mal entzweih, ist es längst nicht vorbei,...
ein Herz das kann man reparier'n...
Ich weiß wie das geht, es ist niemals zu spät.
Ein Herz das kann man reparier'n
Ich kenn da'ne Kur, da hilft küssen nur
Ein Herz das kann man reparier'n, ist doch gar nicht schwer,
und 'n Arzt brauchen wir nicht mehr

(You CAN repair a heart
and if it's broken, it ain't over by a long shot,
you can repair a heart
I know how it works, it is never too late
you can repair a heart
I know a cure, only kissing helps
You can repair a heart, it's not that difficult
and you won't need the doctor anymore)

Needless to say, the last few lines of the song Udo sings in a duet (with Inga Humpe).

This sums it up pretty well I think. Sure there's an immense risk, but if you never try it, all you'll have is regrets for never trying, and wondering what it might have been like... and loneliness.. longing...boredom...

In my opinion, now other thing in the world is worth such a high risk.

Size the day. Dare to love. Dare to lose. Dare to live!

Edit: as I'm writing this, I've been with the love of my life for over seven years. I had almost given up on love when I met her. We don't have a garden full of puppies, but we're thinking about getting cats wink.gif

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 23 2016, 08:37 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

N
o
t
h
i
n
g

T
o

S
e
e

H
e
r
e

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Mar 23 2016, 09:04 PM

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
bobg
post Mar 27 2016, 09:14 AM
Post #19

Retainer

The other day, my wife of 53 years told me of a dream she had. She dreamed that she was in prison. That's understandable since the stroke she suffered 12 years ago left her semi paralyzed on the left side. She can't use her left arm and has difficulty walking because of stricture in her left foot.

In her dream, she was first told that she was there to be killed. Then she was asked "why don't you just leave?" with that, she walked out the door and stepped onto an escalator. As she was going down the escalator, she saw me going up the other escalator. She told me it was only after waking and thinking about it that she realized I was going up to take her place.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 27 2016, 09:20 AM
Post #20

Spam Meister
Group Icon

That´s eerie blink.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:19 PM