213 Pages V « < 113 114 115 116 117 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
ghastley
post Jan 11 2018, 04:51 AM
Post #2281

Councilor
Group Icon

Unna has been collecting Skyshards (and bruises and lacerations) in Stonefalls - four more for the set - and wishing the last ones weren't underground. She nearly got killed in one location just trying to find the door to get in.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 11 2018, 02:16 PM
Post #2282

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jan 10 2018, 09:39 PM) *

I've been playing so little that I've hit the point where I regularly don't have enough materials for daily writs. Did some more gatherin' for the next 3-day cycle today. So long as I don't run out of Silk, I'll be okay. :U

Lately I've been thinking of doing some more decorating for the Squad's individual houses. They're...satisfactory, for the most part, but maybe i should get back to furniture plan hunting.

Urgh, I've been having to buy mats for daily Writs ever since I raised that bank mule up to crafting the highest level this last Witches Festival. You wouldn't think one character more doing daily Writs would make THAT much difference, only three items per Writ = but it is like suddenly I never have enough materials since she started doing them. That and adding that one extra character has made it feel like a grind to do those Writs every day.

But that said = despite the fact that SHE herself has only gotten two Master Writs out of it; my overall drop rate of Master Writs has actually increased since she started doing them; and I am getting more high level ones too.

On the house decorating = if you get a chance to talk to anyone from the Vanquish guild; ask to see some of their decorated houses! They are like going to a Disney World Theme Park; just some real genius artists at work in their houses! They made that small Skywatch room into a bank vault; and when you port into it you would never even recognize it or where you were without looking at the map! Some of the best decorating I've ever seen in the game! It is inspiring to see!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 11 2018, 03:54 PM
Post #2283

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit hates how they do Master Writs. Basing the drop on your account instead of by individual character knowledge is crap. Oh well, this one guesses Master Writs just aren’t for him because Khajiit is not going to add another dedicated crafter just to increase chances of Master Writ drops.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 11 2018, 03:56 PM
Post #2284

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 10 2018, 10:51 PM) *

Unna has been collecting Skyshards (and bruises and lacerations) in Stonefalls - four more for the set - and wishing the last ones weren't underground. She nearly got killed in one location just trying to find the door to get in.

My baby Templar has been skyshard hunting too; if you ever want someone to do the dungeons with she is going to have to get all those skyshards underground too. (she got killed yesterday getting one too).

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jan 11 2018, 04:05 PM
Post #2285

Master
Group Icon

Trey got drawn into a mess in Rivenspire- mostly because of the fact that both the Fighters and Mages seem determined to get him killed....

He managed to resolve the first part of the problem- and meet with High King Emeric. But as is always the case with nobles, their thanks were immediately followed with, "Oh- and since you happen to be standing here, let me ask you to do something else." Something that will certainly be difficult, almost assuredly painful, that will involve crawling through crypts, critter dens, and/or sewers.

However, I did accidentally discover that one of the 10 buttons on this gaming mouse swaps weapons- so I am slightly less likely to accidentally hit the Q key and use up one of my in extremis potions when I am just out wandering around....

Aannnd now they want him to "investigate" 3 Dark Anchors in Glenumbra. Trey believes "investigate" is a euphemism for "Go and get your ancient arse killed, and we will 'CSI:Daggerfall' your remains to determine what all murdered you. Assuming there are any remains left. K thanx bi."

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jan 11 2018, 04:08 PM
Post #2286

Master
Group Icon

Of course if you ever want someone to just overwatch and keep you from getting killed Maz and Alise have become quite good at this. We’ve been letting the junior toons do all the work to gain xp, and jump in only if said junior starts losing health. If it’s either Maz or Argis in that situation they bring out their healing staves and keep the other players buffed.

Now that Maz has done her Gold she can go anywhere in the three alliances and would welcome the break from daily crafting! This goes for all of you running low level toons.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 11 2018, 05:55 PM
Post #2287

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit will be trying a new Argo Templar Tank when the Dragon Bones update drops.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
treydog
post Jan 11 2018, 06:06 PM
Post #2288

Master
Group Icon

Trey will be happy to join a Sharding Party (apologies to Rick Nelson).

--------------------

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 11 2018, 08:55 PM
Post #2289

Councilor
Group Icon

Unna's collecting in Stonefalls, and I would imagine Trey of High Rock is doing the same in Glenumbra, so two parties (or a movable one) might be in order?

Blossom has seen Trey outside the door to the Inn room, but he disappeared out the entrance door before she got the chance to tap him on the shoulder. Once she got outside, he'd completely disappeared. She'd maybe join a Glenumbra party, as she only has a few of its shards.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 11 2018, 11:33 PM
Post #2290

Councilor
Group Icon

Fledgling healer Abiene would love to go on Skyshard runs. She has collected very few Skyshards, so anywhere would be a help to her.

Elke (stam sorc crafter) just respeced her skills and made herself some grownup armor. She ditched both of her summons and got some new abilities. This is the first she’s tried Hurricane. Oh my goodness, what fun. She’s using a full set of Hundings with three Night Mother’s Gaze and Agility jewelry. Thanks to whomever put the Draugr Bow chapter in the bank, she has a very cool-looking dragon bow. She is untested in any long fights, but from her overland adventures hunting down survey reports she seems much improved over her previous ragged condition. Also and most importantly, her favorite hairstyle still looks good with her new armor.

Jerric has been wandering the Alik’r in his Templar state. What a fantastic zone.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jan 12 2018, 12:52 AM
Post #2291

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 11 2018, 07:16 AM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jan 10 2018, 09:39 PM) *

I've been playing so little that I've hit the point where I regularly don't have enough materials for daily writs. Did some more gatherin' for the next 3-day cycle today. So long as I don't run out of Silk, I'll be okay. :U

Lately I've been thinking of doing some more decorating for the Squad's individual houses. They're...satisfactory, for the most part, but maybe i should get back to furniture plan hunting.

Urgh, I've been having to buy mats for daily Writs ever since I raised that bank mule up to crafting the highest level this last Witches Festival. You wouldn't think one character more doing daily Writs would make THAT much difference, only three items per Writ = but it is like suddenly I never have enough materials since she started doing them. That and adding that one extra character has made it feel like a grind to do those Writs every day.

But that said = despite the fact that SHE herself has only gotten two Master Writs out of it; my overall drop rate of Master Writs has actually increased since she started doing them; and I am getting more high level ones too.

Back when I was in Crafting Hell grinding for the IC set stations I discovered that just 3 characters doing the max level writs use up nearly a full stack of materials IN A DAY. It got so bad that the occasional survey drop wasn't enough to replenish supplies and I had to regularly gather materials or poach them from lower level crafters. Thankfully, I had several stacks of materials on hand so I never completely ran out.

Having another character contribute Master Writs does help, though! That said, I'm not sure if I'll revive my crafting-mule just yet, even with my only access to Housing Storage being from the Master Writ merchant.

I haven't been paying attention to the vouchers I've gathered, but after today's Master Writ frenzy I think I'll have enough vouchers for all 7 by the time the update goes live. :U I had to put in some extra gathering time to restore the materials used for THAT though lol Kinda sad when you don't have enough materials for Master Writs tbh

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 12 2018, 01:50 AM
Post #2292

Councilor
Group Icon

I had to quit doing equipment writs a little while ago so I could save up for actual equipment. My number of Master Writs stayed at zero. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 12 2018, 02:17 AM
Post #2293

Ancient
Group Icon

Sorai-Arbul made it to level 10 today. She doesn’t like helping the false gods of the Tribunal, but recognizes the very real problems not helping Vivec could cause, so she is grudgingly cooperating. Besides, simply doing a small errand for the mangod opened up opportunities for her to do some contract work that will help her with her goal of exploring Vvardenfell. Her first job sent her to a ruin of the “Deep Folk” called Nchuleft on behalf of an Ashlander tribe. She kicked the poop out of some exiled tribals and the mechanical abominations of the “Deep folk”.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
treydog
post Jan 12 2018, 03:16 AM
Post #2294

Master
Group Icon

Trey met up with Dro and Blossom and had a grand time chasing skyshards and beating delve bosses- as well as one world boss- who only managed to kill Trey once- when Trey forgot he is NOT a tank and needs to STAY AWAY from Limbscather....

It was great fun with excellent adventuring companions. Thanks to haute for leading and ghastley for the adventuring.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 12 2018, 03:40 AM
Post #2295

Councilor
Group Icon

Blossom is built like a brick outhouse, but she's not built to be a tank either. All points in stamina, so she should do decent DPS. She needed all the healing she could get against that boss, of course, but seemed to be getting it. I didn't notice who it went off to chase, but I'm not sure I did the right thing by going after it when it left its designated location.

Shards will be useful, as will the XP.

Blossom did consider wearing the tabard for this, but it does NOT go with her dress!

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jan 12 2018, 04:28 AM
Post #2296

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Jan 11 2018, 08:16 PM) *

Trey met up with Dro and Blossom and had a grand time chasing skyshards and beating delve bosses- as well as one world boss- who only managed to kill Trey once- when Trey forgot he is NOT a tank and needs to STAY AWAY from Limbscather....

It was great fun with excellent adventuring companions. Thanks to haute for leading and ghastley for the adventuring.

It was fun going out with you two. I thought you acquitted yourself quite well against all comers.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 11 2018, 08:40 PM) *

Blossom is built like a brick outhouse, but she's not built to be a tank either. All points in stamina, so she should do decent DPS. She needed all the healing she could get against that boss, of course, but seemed to be getting it. I didn't notice who it went off to chase, but I'm not sure I did the right thing by going after it when it left its designated location.

Shards will be useful, as will the XP.

Blossom did consider wearing the tabard for this, but it does NOT go with her dress!

Ah, I always forget to pull that tabard out of the bank before guild outings! Oh well!

We should hit Bad Man Hollows together, maybe with Dame B as the dedicated healer so Maz can be the “tank”.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 12 2018, 01:31 PM
Post #2297

Paladin
Group Icon

Sounds like great fun! Buffy loves tagging along as healer!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jan 12 2018, 02:06 PM
Post #2298

Master
Group Icon

We are kind of entertaining the idea of running Bad Man's Hallows. A larger (and more able to survive) group would be most welcome. Trey got zorked by the only 2 bosses he didn't sneak past....

However, while Blossom was dealing with Lord Diel last night- Trey did manage to catch a salmon off the dock. His kittehs have bee extremely interested....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 12 2018, 02:39 PM
Post #2299

Paladin
Group Icon

Well Maz for Steel and Buffy for Heal is a formidable foundation upon which to build a group. Sounds fun!

Will keep our eyes out for this. . . or perhaps toss out a good time and sort of coordinate here?

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 12 2018, 02:59 PM
Post #2300

Councilor
Group Icon

When Unna went to get the shard at Sheogorath's Tongue, she wondered why everyone was avoiding the area just up there on the next hill. The WB Aureal one-shot killed her. Fortunately that one was not guarding a shard, so Unna could go with the masses, and avoid her, too.

But now the last two shards in the zone appear to be in group dungeons, so she may need to recruit for those. That is just a vanity project for the Achievement, as she could just go find more in Deshaan. Finding them was half the project, as foraging for the crafters was also needed.

I'm considering taking the crafters to a respec shrine, and lowering their crafting skills to level 1, so they can just use the iron/jute/rawhide/maple of which we have too much, rather than the steel/linen/hide/oak that keeps running out. If mALX is right about the XP rate of gain, then that's two reasons.

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 113 114 115 116 117 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:04 AM