Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
mALX
post Jan 12 2018, 04:14 PM
Post #2301

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jan 11 2018, 05:33 PM) *

Fledgling healer Abiene would love to go on Skyshard runs. She has collected very few Skyshards, so anywhere would be a help to her.

*Snip*

Also and most importantly, her favorite hairstyle still looks good with her new armor.

Jerric has been wandering the Alik’r in his Templar state. What a fantastic zone.

Pia needs all dungeon skyshards now, though she has most of the above ground ones. Inga needs them all; I don't think she has gotten any yet! So I'd love to go too. As a group we can take on any area, lol.

Bold: rollinglaugh.gif on Abiene's hairstyle!

The Alik'r is my absolute favorite Province, I love it!

I like your armor set-up; really thinking about trying that Hundings Rage. Misa used to use Night Mother's Gaze; and I loved it = Not sure why I stopped using it; but the last set I had of it was level CP110. (so she was wearing it when she tackled Molag Bal).

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jan 11 2018, 06:52 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 11 2018, 07:16 AM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jan 10 2018, 09:39 PM) *

I've been playing so little that I've hit the point where I regularly don't have enough materials for daily writs. Did some more gatherin' for the next 3-day cycle today. So long as I don't run out of Silk, I'll be okay. :U

Lately I've been thinking of doing some more decorating for the Squad's individual houses. They're...satisfactory, for the most part, but maybe i should get back to furniture plan hunting.

Urgh, I've been having to buy mats for daily Writs ever since I raised that bank mule up to crafting the highest level this last Witches Festival. You wouldn't think one character more doing daily Writs would make THAT much difference, only three items per Writ = but it is like suddenly I never have enough materials since she started doing them. That and adding that one extra character has made it feel like a grind to do those Writs every day.

But that said = despite the fact that SHE herself has only gotten two Master Writs out of it; my overall drop rate of Master Writs has actually increased since she started doing them; and I am getting more high level ones too.

Back when I was in Crafting Hell grinding for the IC set stations I discovered that just 3 characters doing the max level writs use up nearly a full stack of materials IN A DAY. It got so bad that the occasional survey drop wasn't enough to replenish supplies and I had to regularly gather materials or poach them from lower level crafters. Thankfully, I had several stacks of materials on hand so I never completely ran out.

Having another character contribute Master Writs does help, though! That said, I'm not sure if I'll revive my crafting-mule just yet, even with my only access to Housing Storage being from the Master Writ merchant.

I haven't been paying attention to the vouchers I've gathered, but after today's Master Writ frenzy I think I'll have enough vouchers for all 7 by the time the update goes live. :U I had to put in some extra gathering time to restore the materials used for THAT though lol Kinda sad when you don't have enough materials for Master Writs tbh

At the time when you were grinding for those IC tables = I had no clue how hard it was to do. Back then I was doing Master Writs to get those blue and purple furniture plans; never really thought about it till I had to actually DO it. I wish I had known then; would have sent you donations toward your sets like you have sent for these I was getting. It is a huge grind, and I hugely appreciate what you went through to get them now!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 12 2018, 05:07 PM
Post #2302

Ancient
Group Icon

Feng-Do is also wearing Hundings Rage. It’s a good DPS set.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 12 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #2303

Paladin
Group Icon

When toting bows and stamina, Buffy wears Hundingsx5, Spriggansx5 and Selenex1. Works pretty well.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jan 13 2018, 02:50 AM
Post #2304

Master
Group Icon

Werewolf? There wolf- there Camlorn...

Trey managed to defeat the Foul Chew Toy (without even dying once!- having better equipment and being level 26 helps).

He did die quickly at one of the 3 dolmen- (should the singular be dol-man? And where are the dol-women? Maybe that's what has the dolmen so angry.) that the Fighters so kindly asked him to "investigate." (See earlier post about the apparent definition of "investigate").

Crafting and decon continue apace (thank you haute!) Finding new mats in the world now- and getting some plans and recipes from containers. I am dumping duplicates in the Guild Bank- please anyone who needs, feel free to take them...

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jan 14 2018, 02:56 AM
Post #2305

Master
Group Icon

Trey somehow managed to stumble into helping save the Queen of the Dominion from an assassination plot- he wonders if he should not perhaps have been on the other side? So it goes. It did allow him to find all the skyshards on Khenarthi's Roost, though. And (with a little help from some people wandering by) he called a really grumpy bear near a cave in Glenumbra.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 14 2018, 03:06 AM
Post #2306

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Jan 13 2018, 07:56 PM) *

Trey somehow managed to stumble into helping save the Queen of the Dominion from an assassination plot- he wonders if he should not perhaps have been on the other side? So it goes. It did allow him to find all the skyshards on Khenarthi's Roost, though. And (with a little help from some people wandering by) he called a really grumpy bear near a cave in Glenumbra.

Heritance dogs!! If any group will be responsible for the Dominion Queen’s death, it shall be the Covenant!! For High Rock, Hammerfell, and mighty Orsinium!!!- Trey of High Rock, probably

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jan 14 2018, 06:14 AM
Post #2307

Mouth
Group Icon

Been thinking of introducing another planned character to the bunch lately. Unlike a previous concept that was only theoretically introduced into the Squad's world (the Redguard dwemer researcher ah... acknowledged during the Clockwork City dlc) this one is actually playable due to having a concrete fighting style and class (Dragon Knight) and due to certain connections between him and Jo'zira.

Because of those...connections, I might even take him through at least part of the Dominion questline. I got until the big update to decide, but if I were commiting this story to text (highly unlikely, I don't have enough writing experience to pull off the Squad's story) I'd say there'd be an entire arc dedicated to his let's say return.

I should decide on his appearance first. :U. I've actually been thinking about it since finishing the Clockwork City dlc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 14 2018, 12:20 PM
Post #2308

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jan 13 2018, 11:14 PM) *

Been thinking of introducing another planned character to the bunch lately. Unlike a previous concept that was only theoretically introduced into the Squad's world (the Redguard dwemer researcher ah... acknowledged during the Clockwork City dlc) this one is actually playable due to having a concrete fighting style and class (Dragon Knight) and due to certain connections between him and Jo'zira.

Because of those...connections, I might even take him through at least part of the Dominion questline. I got until the big update to decide, but if I were commiting this story to text (highly unlikely, I don't have enough writing experience to pull off the Squad's story) I'd say there'd be an entire arc dedicated to his let's say return.

I should decide on his appearance first. :U. I've actually been thinking about it since finishing the Clockwork City dlc.

Ooh sounds mysterious! Guessing you found the “Dwemer scholar” you had planned unplayable.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 14 2018, 12:39 PM
Post #2309

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit has a couple of lore questions:
1. Could a Dwemer have avoided the fate of his/her people if he/she was imprisoned in one of the Princes’ planes of Oblivion? If this one remembers correctly, Yagrum Bagarn survived what happened because he was in another plane at the time the other Dwemer disappeared.
2. Could a vampire become the Vestige, that is, does becoming a vampire keep one’s soul intact so that it could later be harvested by Mannimarco?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jan 14 2018, 12:42 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
treydog
post Jan 14 2018, 02:23 PM
Post #2310

Master
Group Icon

I would say definitely "Yes" to the first, because we have Yagrum to indicate that possibility.

For the second, to wax pontifical for a bit- they are undying, rather than "soulless". So- there's that. And too, since in ESO-world, the vestige can become infected with vampirism... Short answer- also "Yes."

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 14 2018, 03:36 PM
Post #2311

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Jan 14 2018, 07:23 AM) *

I would say definitely "Yes" to the first, because we have Yagrum to indicate that possibility.

For the second, to wax pontifical for a bit- they are undying, rather than "soulless". So- there's that. And too, since in ESO-world, the vestige can become infected with vampirism... Short answer- also "Yes."

*Khajiit strokes whiskers thoughtfully*
Since there is no indication that losing your soul is a side effect vampirism, this one thinks you are right and vampires can become the Vestige (if vampires lost their souls, then becoming the Vestige wouldn’t be possible as the soul is already gone).

*Edit* Bleh, gameplay isn’t going to allow for what Khajiit was thinking. Maybe possible with some weaving.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jan 14 2018, 04:41 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 14 2018, 04:42 PM
Post #2312

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 14 2018, 06:39 AM) *

Khajiit has a couple of lore questions:
1. Could a Dwemer have avoided the fate of his/her people if he/she was imprisoned in one of the Princes’ planes of Oblivion? If this one remembers correctly, Yagrum Bagarn survived what happened because he was in another plane at the time the other Dwemer disappeared.
2. Could a vampire become the Vestige, that is, does becoming a vampire keep one’s soul intact so that it could later be harvested by Mannimarco?

I agree that Yagrum Bagarn proves it is possible for there to still be a Dwemer in that way; but also in another way: The mystery of what happened to the Dwemer has never been solved (except in my first Fanfic, lol). So the point being; since that part of Lore was always left a mystery; until Bethesda clears up that gap (which it is VERY doubtful it ever will) it is left open for us to explore the possibilities. Wherever the Dwemer disappeared to; there could always be a way for one to somehow escape (to this plane?) somehow and still be keeping with the Lore imho.

On the other thing; I don't know. I never knew if vampires/undead still had a soul. I'll bet DE would know.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 14 2018, 05:33 PM
Post #2313

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 14 2018, 09:42 AM) *

I agree that Yagrum Bagarn proves it is possible for there to still be a Dwemer in that way; but also in another way: The mystery of what happened to the Dwemer has never been solved (except in my first Fanfic, lol). So the point being; since that part of Lore was always left a mystery; until Bethesda clears up that gap (which it is VERY doubtful it ever will) it is left open for us to explore the possibilities. Wherever the Dwemer disappeared to; there could always be a way for one to somehow escape (to this plane?) somehow and still be keeping with the Lore imho.

On the other thing; I don't know. I never knew if vampires/undead still had a soul. I'll bet DE would know.

Well Khajiit believes that, being a disease, vampirism affects the body and not the animus (soul). That said, it could be that the soul gets “pushed aside” when the animalistic part of the disease takes hold, which is why many of the vampires we come into contact with seem horrified when they realize what they’ve done (specifically there is a healer in the first little village you come to in Rivenspire that seems to not realize until after she’s committed atrocities that she is a vampire, and supposedly Lamae feels remorse after slaughtering the Nedes who originally tried to help her after Bal assaulted her).

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jan 14 2018, 05:35 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jan 14 2018, 07:29 PM
Post #2314

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 14 2018, 05:20 AM) *

Ooh sounds mysterious! Guessing you found the €œDwemer scholar€ you had planned unplayable.

For now. Maybe if a class that's a right fit comes along? She's always been "low combat" anyways, and suddenly jumping into combat can be seen as the result of training of sorts because it's needed. lol

Anyways, in regards to your questions:

1. Yeah, totally. Yagrum apparently tried to seek more out but found none, but there could always be a few either hiding out or trapped in a hard-to-reach place. After all, Yagrum ended up contracting Corprus. They'd have a good reason not to show up if that was a danger.

2. I don't recall reading anything on the subject, but from what I gather Vampires' souls (their animus, specifically) are already Molag Bal's property whether or not they're immediately given to him just how Werewolf souls are Hircine's. It could be that different strains treat the animus differently, as the vampire curing quest in Oblivion requires only white soul gems (empty at that) to concoct a cure where Skyrim's requires a filled black soul gem, which could be interpreted as either offering that soul in exchange for yours or as fuel for the ritual.

If anything, being sacrificed probably just expedites the process of ending up as a Soul Shriven in Coldharbour. After all, Angof is undead and he was there regardless.

(Disclaimer: by "animus' I mean the "core" of one's soul that alongside the energy that runs everything and is stored in Soul Gems makes up the whole of the soul in a living creature. I can't remember if that's the correct term lol.)

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jan 14 2018, 07:41 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 14 2018, 08:22 PM
Post #2315

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jan 14 2018, 12:29 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 14 2018, 05:20 AM) *

Ooh sounds mysterious! Guessing you found the �€œDwemer scholar�€� you had planned unplayable.

For now. Maybe if a class that's a right fit comes along? She's always been "low combat" anyways, and suddenly jumping into combat can be seen as the result of training of sorts because it's needed. lol

Anyways, in regards to your questions:

1. Yeah, totally. Yagrum apparently tried to seek more out but found none, but there could always be a few either hiding out or trapped in a hard-to-reach place. After all, Yagrum ended up contracting Corprus. They'd have a good reason not to show up if that was a danger.

2. I don't recall reading anything on the subject, but from what I gather Vampires' souls (their animus, specifically) are already Molag Bal's property whether or not they're immediately given to him just how Werewolf souls are Hircine's. It could be that different strains treat the animus differently, as the vampire curing quest in Oblivion requires only white soul gems (empty at that) to concoct a cure where Skyrim's requires a filled black soul gem, which could be interpreted as either offering that soul in exchange for yours or as fuel for the ritual.

If anything, being sacrificed probably just expedites the process of ending up as a Soul Shriven in Coldharbour. After all, Angof is undead and he was there regardless.

(Disclaimer: by "animus' I mean the "core" of one's soul that alongside the energy that runs everything and is stored in Soul Gems makes up the whole of the soul in a living creature. I can't remember if that's the correct term lol.)

Hmmm, Khajiit had not considered that the vampire’s soul already belonged to Bal regardless. This makes sense. Like maybe when a vampire suffers final death it’s soul goes straight to Coldharbour where it undergoes the whole soul shriven thing.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jan 15 2018, 02:38 AM
Post #2316

Mouth
Group Icon

I don't think it's ever really been confirmed for non-Volkihar strains (course I've forgotten a large chunk of the lore I've read lol) but that's certainly a nice hook.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jan 16 2018, 03:36 AM
Post #2317

Councilor
Group Icon

Cat Man Dhou told me "This one has four of the Armor of the Veiled Inheritance set. He would like to complete it." So we went off looking for that fifth piece.

So now he wears seven. Once we got the fifth, everything that dropped was part of the set. And that's not counting pieces he can't wear at the same time. There's two more of those. tongue.gif He has only a couple of other set pieces and they conflict, but if he finds more, there's a lot of room for re-combining.

Meanwhile Unna is making herself pieces of Death's Wind, since she can make them in the Orc style she likes. So far she has Cuirass, Sabatons, and Belt, and she's researching more. Blossom and Laurie Craft are doing their own research, and know where to make pieces for her when they can.

Wizwen is busy learning to be a healer. She doesn't have her Twilight yet, but she's trying to help her Clannfear do the tanking for her. He does a decent amount of damage, but she needs to contribute most of it. We're trying to collect a range of staves, to see what works best. The mix of staff spells, and hand-cast ones available is confusing still.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jan 16 2018, 03:49 PM
Post #2318

Master
Group Icon

Yes, keep learning those traits. Our favorites are Song of Lamae combined with Hunding’s Rage. Phae has Torug’s Pact instead of Lamae, and she likes that combo really well. I’m not sure about Argis, I think he has Vampires Kiss? In place of Lamae.

But everyone except Maz uses Hunding’s for the backbone of their crafted gear. It’s solid stuff.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 16 2018, 07:53 PM
Post #2319

Ancient
Group Icon

Man, the server has been poo today.

Ugggh and it just cost us an alchemy survey sad.gif

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jan 16 2018, 07:54 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jan 16 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #2320

Mouth
Group Icon

OH gross. I remember losing an Enchanter survey to that. It sucks because you never know when you're going to be dropped.

Anyways, posting in that other thread inspired me to seek out the now-rare cp150 purple recipes because Fjotreid has hit 50 in Provisioning and he's starting to get master writs. He's not going to do these daily but like, I want him to be able to do them should the opportunity present itself.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jan 16 2018, 09:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 114 115 116 117 118 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:41 PM