Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

81 Pages V « < 79 80 81  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your projects, what are you working on in your free time?
mALX
post Nov 4 2019, 11:47 PM
Post #1601

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 3 2019, 02:29 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 3 2019, 11:29 AM) *

I hope you are able to find a solution. Have you tried tucking a pillow under your arm, neck and knees and sleeping on your side? That keeps your spine totally straight and relieves any straining on it = it is what the Doctors had me do after my spinal injury in a car accident in my twenties; and it really helped. You don't have to always sleep like that; just during the times when you are in pain.

When you say a pillow under the arm,lying on my side, which arm do you mean, top or bottom? Logic points to one option, but I don't want to second-guess. Same with pillow under knee(s). As to neck, I've tried many pillows, in positions of all sorts. Never hit on one that works long term....not in the bed in any case. The sofa is another matter. During my two-year stay there I concocted one jerry-rigged neck 'pillow' I became quite comfortable with over the long haul. It didn't help much last night, but I've not had sufficient time to adapt to sofa sleeping, assuming I stick with it. The sofa has its own set of issues.

Yes, to my misfortune I sleep on my side. Haven't been a back sleep since my rump went out on me circa 2014. (It's better now, but not enough so to allow back sleep.)

One pillow under your head as usual (one that supports the head; but doesn't bend the neck = so not a huge buffy one; one that perfectly supports the head = not too low or too high so your spine stays straight.

Laying on your left side helps your blood flow properly while you sleep; so the pillow goes under your right arm as if you are sleeping beside someone and your right arm is resting over their back.

The third pillow can be a flat one or a medium one = it goes between your two knees so your spine is perfectly straight.

I was in traction for months after the accident; and the hospital is the one that taught me to sleep like this to ease the pain = it really works because it relieves the strain on the spine.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Nov 5 2019, 07:56 PM
Post #1602

Mouth
Group Icon

I sleep like that and it prevents me from rolling over so I wake up stiff.

Also lol DST. Hit for me and bird a few weeks ago. Hate it. EU is ditching it in 2021.

--------------------
My craptastic YouTube channel

And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 9 2019, 01:27 PM
Post #1603

Mouth
Group Icon

Project: Upload and Public new TpF video
I meant to upload Thursday evening. Realized at the last moment I needed to research something stated in the vid's TY description, to insure correctness. Simple as that should have been, it required more digging that I was willing to do so late in the day. Tracked down needed info yesterday morning. Uploaded overnight, with the video set to publish itself 0500 this morning. A link is found in our "What are you playing?" thread.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Post #1604

Mouth
Group Icon

Project: Replace destroyed sewer line Clean Out Plug
Meant to drive to Home Depot and buy replacement this morning. Too darn cold. I'll hold off until afternoon, assuming it warms up enough. (And assuming I don't forget.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Yesterday, 09:09 PM
Post #1605

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Nov 13 2019, 08:44 AM) *

Project: Replace destroyed sewer line Clean Out Plug
Meant to drive to Home Depot and buy replacement this morning. Too darn cold. I'll hold off until afternoon, assuming it warms up enough. (And assuming I don't forget.)

Project = try to fix dripping faucet. sad.gif

Any tips would be appreciated. verysad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

81 Pages V « < 79 80 81
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th November 2019 - 09:32 AM