16 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Things, post something you've never seen before in Cyrodiil
Lopov
post Nov 6 2022, 10:53 PM
Post #281

Councilor
Group Icon

If during the main quest you arrive at the Weynon Priory late in the night, Jauffre is still sleeping and the dialogue of Brother Piner is different - he tells you that your visit must be obviously important and that you should wake him up. It's mentioned at the UESP, but looks like that my characters always visited the priory at daytime, else I'd remember this.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
macole
post Nov 7 2022, 07:05 AM
Post #282

Mouth
Group Icon

Now that you mention it I've never gotten the late night dialogue either.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 7 2022, 01:07 PM
Post #283

Councilor
Group Icon

I don't think any of mine have, either. Thing is, only three of my characters have attempted the entire MQ, but almost all of them drop the Amulet off with Jauffre, just to get it out of the inventory. Those who don't bring it to him (Kahreem never did) I just RP they've got this really expensive piece of jewelry on their person. wub.gif Or I RP It's not there at all (Ann Thraxx). These are the things console players sometimes do to maintain imm -- Immmm... The I word.

Bottom line though, I also don't think any of them have gone into the priory after dark, looking to speak with the J man.

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 7 2022, 01:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Nov 7 2022, 02:00 PM
Post #284

Mouth
Group Icon

I actually remember the "got to wake him up" line. Brother Piner seemed unwilling to do so though... Perhaps because Lena had already contracted Porphyric thingy by then... Not quite turned into a vampire yet, I don't think, but it showed nonetheless. Yeah, she ran into a bunch of vampires in one of the first caves she passed and didn't know that the slight tiredness that she felt after the encounter was so much more dangerous than that. ohmy.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 28 2024, 01:15 PM
Post #285

Ancient
Group Icon

I figured I could put this here as it’s a new thing to me.

Ok so Saryn finally obtained entry to the Arcane University. One of the first things she did was make a small fire damage spell that she could cast on herself. Ok, works good. Now, she found these boots that provide 50% resistance to fire, frost, and shock damage. She also wears the weatherward ring that has a 10% fire and frost resistance enchantment. That should be 60% fire resistance and then she is a Dunmer, so another 75%, for a total of 135% fire resistance. Why is it that when she casts her new 10 fire damage on self spell, it actually manages to do damage? Shouldn’t she be immune to fire damage? How does this work?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 28 2024, 01:15 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Aug 28 2024, 01:47 PM
Post #286

Mouth
Group Icon

Hmm... She should be immune to fire damage, indeed. It works with my Breton - Lena has 50% resistance to magic because she's a Breton, and so when she wears jewellery to top it to 100%, it actually gives her 100% resistance to magic. May be it is different with a spell cast on yourself? May be that bypasses resistances? Hmm...

Have you tried it with a spell cast by others? Is she still taking damage?

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 28 2024, 02:34 PM
Post #287

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Aug 28 2024, 07:47 AM) *
. May be it is different with a spell cast on yourself? May be that bypasses resistances? Hmm...

Have you tried it with a spell cast by others? Is she still taking damage?

That was my thought as well; that self cast spells bypass the resistances. I’ll try summoning a scamp and punching it in the face a few times to get it to attack us next time I play.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 28 2024, 05:10 PM
Post #288

Councilor
Group Icon

I don't think you can just add the percentages with resistance, as it's not a "chance to prevent", but a reduction of effect. So 10% resistance lets 90% through, 50% lets the other half through, and 75% lets a quarter through. Applying them all lets 90% of 50% of 25% affect the player which is 11.25%. The 10 points of damage should get reduced to 1 and an eighth.

The chance ones should sort of work the same way, and leave you a 11.25% chance of getting hit, but I believe they do just add up, and any sum over 100 gives you immunity. Reflect is the same, and more than 100% does not reflect more than the incoming amount.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 28 2024, 06:07 PM
Post #289

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 28 2024, 11:10 AM) *

I don't think you can just add the percentages with resistance, as it's not a "chance to prevent", but a reduction of effect. So 10% resistance lets 90% through, 50% lets the other half through, and 75% lets a quarter through. Applying them all lets 90% of 50% of 25% affect the player which is 11.25%. The 10 points of damage should get reduced to 1 and an eighth.

The chance ones should sort of work the same way, and leave you a 11.25% chance of getting hit, but I believe they do just add up, and any sum over 100 gives you immunity. Reflect is the same, and more than 100% does not reflect more than the incoming amount.

Ok interesting. I did notice a difference between the *amount* of damage Saryn took from the little spell before equipping the boots and after. It was obvious she was taking more damage while the number was below 100.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 29 2024, 01:11 AM
Post #290

Ancient
Group Icon

Ok, so after smacking a scamp around, the fireballs that hit Saryn and didn’t get absorbed had no discernible effect. So apparently it her boots do make her immune to at least low level fire spells cast by enemies.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Aug 29 2024, 11:33 AM
Post #291

Mouth
Group Icon

So then it appears that hostile spells cast on self bypass at least some of the resistances. Interesting.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 29 2024, 03:10 PM
Post #292

Councilor
Group Icon

I think this one has gone past the point of "what the developers intended". tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Aug 29 2024, 04:19 PM
Post #293

Mouth
Group Icon

I know, right? Because who in their right mind would make a hostile spell to cast on self? wacko.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 29 2024, 05:38 PM
Post #294

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Aug 29 2024, 10:19 AM) *

I know, right? Because who in their right mind would make a hostile spell to cast on self? wacko.gif laugh.gif

Arcane Scholarship is pain. Literally. tongue.gif

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
macole
post Aug 30 2024, 08:52 PM
Post #295

Mouth
Group Icon

Just this week I was exiting the OOO added Ayleid ruin Narind (yes, Narind is new to me too, but it is not the point here) when I see a deer close by. Before I could do anything a Bosmer bow girl comes running up and shoots it. Her name is Alawen and she tells me to leave her to her business. I don't know who this Alawen is. I have so many mods running that add characters that she could be from any one of a dozen. When I check her form id I am surprised to find it begins with 00. indicating the Oblivion.esm. USEP tells me she is the Master Marksman Trainer. I had no idea. Having never played a true marksman character I never met her before.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 30 2024, 09:04 PM
Post #296

Paladin
Group Icon

Neat! I do recall Alawen. She played a significant role on the 'Tournament of Archers' section of Buffy's first book. In fact, she beat Buffy, Deanlin, Parwen and several others to win the tourney that year.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 30 2024, 09:11 PM
Post #297

Ancient
Group Icon

I forget how master trainers work. How do you learn about them, or do you just have to luck out and run into them?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 30 2024, 09:21 PM
Post #298

Councilor
Group Icon

If my memory is correct, the lower level trainer tells you about them, when they can no longer train you.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 30 2024, 09:30 PM
Post #299

Ancient
Group Icon

Ah, gotcha

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Renee
post Sep 5 2024, 12:28 AM
Post #300

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 28 2024, 08:15 AM) *

Why is it that when she casts her new 10 fire damage on self spell, it actually manages to do damage? Shouldn’t she be immune to fire damage? How does this work?

I found a post in this thread from Grits. Post 13, Gritsy states that Jerric used a Shock on Self spell for delousing. smile.gif For roleplay purposes, of course.

--------------------
+Quote Post

16 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 05:22 PM