Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tes F'Ruum Building Info
jonajosa
post Jul 6 2005, 06:11 AM
Post #81

Unregistered

As you can see im still exploring the the diffrent ways we can do the whole quest part. But im glad you like it. I intend to stick with all of the suff you just saw except the actuall quests you do. Those were just examples.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Jul 17 2005, 08:57 PM
Post #82

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(jonajosa @ Jul 6 2005, 02:11 AM)
As you can see im still exploring the the diffrent ways we can do the whole quest part. But im glad you like it. I intend to stick with all of the suff you just saw except the actuall quests you do. Those were just examples.

good grief, I miss three weeks and I'm really behind...

wanna revise the sorting of the books a bit. probably break up stories into fiction and non-fiction sections, and putting poems, plays, and that sort of thing in an 'Poetry & Arts' section.

also, I'm thinking ive got a semi-final version of what the main library would look like, but since I'm not at my home computer, I cant show you, so I will ahve to try and describe it.

you enter through the secret passage, and at the beginning it looks like regular sewers. nothing too special about them. Then you go through a second entrance, into a large, three story chamber. you are beneath the main floor, and a ramp leads upward. above you is a bridge that spans over the entrance. On the bridge would be any sort of 'special' items. (it's kinda like a basement garage with a first-level driveway, kinda?)

On the main floor, there are doors that lead to the different wings (fiction, non-fiction, 'forbidden' books, skillbooks, poetry & arts, and any I forgot.) each wing is unique, but still in the same sort of style. (so no japanese pagoda unless the whole thing is a pagoda)

above the main floor, connected by stairs and catwalk like things, are the main editor's offices. I really want this section to seem from below that it is floating.

below the main chamber are three rooms which I have dubbed the 'vault', 'preservation room', and 'duplication room'.

The vault is where the originals of the books are stored, warehouse style, without the fanciness of the library proper. Its protected from fire, flood, magic, the works.
this is basically to ensure that at least one copy of the books exist, regardless of discovery of the real library. a failsafe, if you will.

the preservation room deals with preserving the books in the vault. pretty straightforward.

the duplication room is where the books go to be reproduced if they are too sensitive or fragile to survive the trip up to the office front. small room, one press, two tops.

comments and requests for clarification are welcome.

--------------------
these forums taste almost, but not quite, completely unlike tea.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
raithen
post Jul 18 2005, 04:30 PM
Post #83

Retainer

QUOTE(stargate525 @ Jul 17 2005, 08:57 PM)
SNIPPET!!

I like it! And welcome back, stargate!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stargazey
post Jul 18 2005, 04:39 PM
Post #84

Tes F'Ruum Leader

QUOTE(Stargazey @ Jul 18 2005, 04:39 PM)
I like it! And welcome back, stargate!!

+Quote Post
stargate525
post Jul 21 2005, 09:24 PM
Post #85

Finder
Group Icon

well, not entirely back- Im back at my house, but in my absence the computer decided to quit working. Will try and be on more than once every two weeks though....

--------------------
+Quote Post
WillyBubba
post Aug 7 2005, 11:35 PM
Post #86

Retainer

QUOTE(jonajosa @ Jul 3 2005, 05:30 AM)
The library wasn't going to be a faction.

Actually, that could make some scripting things easier, even if being a member of this faction meant nothing more than gaining access to the actual library and being allowed to read the books.

What I mean is, you can't become a member until you've gained the trust of the guy you keep meeting. After gaining his trust (reward at the end of a quest/quest string) you become a member, and maybe we even make a little "library card" to show you are a member. Then, to gain access to the secret library we make a script on the door to enter the library that only allows you to access it if a certain condition is met.

That condition would be that you are a member of the faction.

Or, the condition could be that you must have the library card in your inventory, thus eliminating the need for the faction.

BTW, anyone know about how many books have been contributed so far.

And finally, welcome not-entirely-back stargate!

--------------------
Please don't feed the animals... or Stargazey.

Hey, what are you doing at a zoo? GET BACK TO WORK!
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Aug 8 2005, 02:32 AM
Post #87

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(WillyBubba @ Aug 7 2005, 07:35 PM)
Actually, that could make some scripting things easier, even if being a member of this faction meant nothing more than gaining access to the actual library and being allowed to read the books.

What I mean is, you can't become a member until you've gained the trust of the guy you keep meeting. After gaining his trust (reward at the end of a quest/quest string) you become a member, and maybe we even make a little "library card" to show you are a member. Then, to gain access to the secret library we make a script on the door to enter the library that only allows you to access it if a certain condition is met.

That condition would be that you are a member of the faction.

Or, the condition could be that you must have the library card in your inventory, thus eliminating the need for the faction.

BTW, anyone know about how many books have been contributed so far.

And finally, welcome not-entirely-back stargate!

your late, I am now the 'entirely-back and kickin with a monster computer' member formerly known as stargate wink.gif

And I guess we now need to think about a room for our comrades in literature who have succumb to the pullings of real life and have abandoned the cause...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Konji
post Aug 8 2005, 11:18 AM
Post #88

Mouth
Group Icon

Can we see the library now?

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Aug 8 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #89

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Konradude @ Aug 8 2005, 07:18 AM)
Can we see the library now?

no we can't, because I, like everyone else exept bethesda, dont have a copy of the CS, and I'm not about to spend time doing it in Mw's unless I have to.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Konji
post Aug 11 2005, 05:22 PM
Post #90

Mouth
Group Icon

I mean the drawing or whatever...
also, I'm thinking ive got a semi-final version of what the main library would look like, but since I'm not at my home computer, I cant show you, so I will ahve to try and describe it.

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Aug 11 2005, 10:19 PM
Post #91

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Konradude @ Aug 11 2005, 01:22 PM)
I mean the drawing or whatever...

no scanner. I might take apicture of it with my digital camera and try that...

--------------------
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Aug 22 2005, 09:09 PM
Post #92

Finder
Group Icon

what do you guys think about a tomb for the founders that are confirmed dead? maybe behind their statues or sommat, with a copy of their favorite book and a favorite item of theirs?

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 22 2005, 09:43 PM
Post #93

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(stargate525 @ Aug 22 2005, 10:09 PM)
what do you guys think about a tomb for the founders that are confirmed dead? maybe behind their statues or sommat, with a copy of their favorite book and a favorite item of theirs?

Well I like the idea.....hmm who are confirmed dead then? ohmy.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
stargate525
post Aug 23 2005, 05:09 PM
Post #94

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Aug 22 2005, 05:43 PM)
Well I like the idea.....hmm who are confirmed dead then? ohmy.gif

I dunno, I'll have to read the founder's fates to tell...

PS, picture of floorplan coming up momentarily.

--------------------
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Aug 23 2005, 05:34 PM
Post #95

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(stargate525 @ Aug 23 2005, 01:09 PM)
PS, picture of floorplan coming up momentarily.

and here it is!

user posted image

Alright, the things that look like little dollar signs are actually secret doors, the bars are regular doors, and each 'sqaure' is the size of one of the Mw CS editor building tiles.

you walk into that corridor on the top right, from the bottom. in each one of those small branches will be a statue of the founders, anchanted maybe or something really cool. Behind them, past the secret door, would be their tomb (if they are confirmed dead). If we wanted, we can extend that further to add in the editors or whoever we want.

that little three by three room off the long corridor is the first 'fake' room. In there will be rubbish, remnants of a printing press, etc. We'll make it look like someone already ransacked the library, and that that was all there was to it. (Like the fake room in National Treasure). In there will be a secret door, through that is another hallway, at the end of which is another secret door. the second three by three room is like the first, only a bit more intact. Still looks ransacked though. through the other secret door in THAT room, is another corridor that leads to the actual main hall of the library. blink.gif

The main hall is that long room. near the door are stiars that lead up to balconies. (the little square things on the edge.) Off the balconies and the main floor are the various wings of the library where the books are. Notice the number of halls leading off the hall, 13. perhaps we should name each one after a founder? Anyways. The corridor to the north of the hall is actually a hall of the library too, it's the vault, where the most heinous writings are kept. (things like how to become a werewolf, how to become a God, things like that) the hallway to the actual vault at the end should be locked, trapped, have all sorts of fun little surprises. W can make that as long or as short as needed. I didn't draw the other halls, as there is no telling right now how big they will each need to be.

comments, concerns?

This post has been edited by stargate525: Aug 23 2005, 05:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Stargazey
post Aug 23 2005, 10:27 PM
Post #96

Tes F'Ruum Leader

If there's anyway to fit it in, I'd like to put KhabaLox's idea of answering a riddle in somewhere? Don't know if that fits in with what you're planning, but I'll mention it anyway.

Great job, though. wink.gif
+Quote Post
vaanic~one
post Aug 23 2005, 11:13 PM
Post #97

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Stargazey @ Aug 23 2005, 10:27 PM)
If there's anyway to fit it in, I'd like to put KhabaLox's idea of answering a riddle in somewhere? Don't know if that fits in with what you're planning, but I'll mention it anyway.

In order to open a secret door you have to answer a riddle?

--------------------
IPB Image

Oliver_lowe@hotmail.com
TESSource Staff
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Aug 24 2005, 04:06 AM
Post #98

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Stargazey @ Aug 23 2005, 06:27 PM)

perhaps each of the founder's rooms are opened via a riddle presented by their statues?

Other than that, anything else to add/subtract/alter?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Red
post Aug 24 2005, 05:01 AM
Post #99

Mouth
Group Icon

Thats actually a pretty good idea. If you want, I could create a few riddles incase we think deeper into that idea.

--------------------
//LEFT ARM PULLS TRIGGER, RIGHT ARM SHRUGS SHOULDER//TRANSMISSION ENDED
+Quote Post
Stargazey
post Aug 24 2005, 02:07 PM
Post #100

Tes F'Ruum Leader

QUOTE(vaanic~one @ Aug 23 2005, 11:13 PM)

QUOTE(stargate525 @ Aug 24 2005, 04:06 AM)
perhaps each of the founder's rooms are opened via a riddle presented by their statues?
Other than that, anything else to add/subtract/alter?

That's what I'm talking about! Also, if there was a secret, secret roo, that could be opened by a riddle.

QUOTE(Red @ Aug 24 2005, 05:01 AM)
Thats actually a pretty good idea. If you want, I could create a few riddles incase we think deeper into that idea.

Sure, make up a few.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:19 AM