User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 21 2018, 10:18 PM
Post #202

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, that's pretty exciting Kane, that you'll be playing FO3. I found a few good mods during my summer / fall 2017 playthrough that I can include in those lists.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 21 2018, 11:20 PM
Post #203

Ancient
Group Icon

Just as a word of warning, I stopped using EVE - Energy Visuals Enhanced because I was getting unexplained CTDs after I started using it. Removing it seemed to stop the CTDs. So be careful with that one.

I also stopped using A World of Pain, because the enemies it puts in the new locations are too overpowered. I just found it very unbalanced.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 22 2018, 01:35 AM
Post #204

Master
Group Icon

Renee; I'm looking forward to it! I'm already shocked at how many more dialogue options there are.

'Rosa; I'll nix them from consideration. Thanks for the tip!

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 22 2018, 01:53 PM
Post #205

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 21 2018, 07:35 PM) *

Renee; I'm looking forward to it! I'm already shocked at how many more dialogue options there are.

I really like the way they handled dialog for this game, between NPCs. In Oblivion they sound corny a lot of times (which I like, but a lot of people don't like them). In Skyrim the conversations sound top-notch and make so much sense. But then they repeat the exact same conversation over again... literally every three minutes.

Fallout 3 is very laid-back in this regard. Often you'll hear "Hey Jenny" ... "How's it going?" .. which is more the way how actual people talk. And the more-extensive conversations are rare. There are a few moments when they repeat too often (similar to Skyrim) but this is pretty much limited to Moriarty's tavern, from what I've heard.

Yeah I'm off-topic. I'm trying to get on Nexus so I can lay some mods on you, Kane. It's not booting up for some reason. Check back here later in the day though, I should have a few goodies.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 22 2018, 02:06 PM
Post #206

Master
Group Icon

Will do! biggrin.gif

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 23 2018, 01:00 AM
Post #207

Councilor
Group Icon

I did a little soul-searching and decided not to lay a whole bunch of mods out there for you, Kane. Because I think it's better if you just play the game, and discover for yourself what you might want. I mean, with a game like Fallout, anything you think of has probably been done. Me? I wanted more diverse weather patterns (rain and snow). *Bam* found a mod which does this well. That was probably my very first mod, because it's something I wanted during my Xbox days more than anything else!

So I will just show you some very simple mods which add so much.

So for instance, if you want to sleep anywhere, Blanket is a great one.

And I'm also going to shoe you Binoculars, because that one (to me) is sort of a must-have. It's just good to know what's out there sometimes, before they know you're out there. panic.gif I predict you'll thank me some day for this one! !

My final selection is Pipboy Lighting Pack. This one contains several .esp files, and you only choose one of them. Each one gives you progressively more light as you're exploring underground. bluewizardsmile.gif

What are you using for a mod manager?

This post has been edited by Renee: Feb 23 2018, 01:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 23 2018, 01:07 AM
Post #208

Master
Group Icon

No worries! I always do a vanilla playthrough first. Mods will come later, if I end up enjoying it. smile.gif

I will likely be using whatever Wrye Bash option there is for the game. Possibly Fallout Mod Manager.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 23 2018, 01:35 AM
Post #209

Councilor
Group Icon

Okay, I have not used Wrye Bash for Fallout 3, but I have used Fallout Mod Manager. It works great for simply copy/pasting stuff into the Data folder, and then activating as usual. But making FOMODs is not as easy as it is for Oblivion.

But thankfully you know Renee. smile.gif Renee takes notes on everything, when it comes to PC gaming. wink.gif I will copy/paste my notes for How to make FOMODs with FOMM.

Copy/paste that somewhere safe, if you like. The Fallout version of Mart's Monster Mod and a few other such biggies works best if you structure them into FOMODs.

Oh yeah, and it's a good idea to use LOOT (rather than BOSS) for organizing your load order. BOSS works better for Oblivion, though. wink.gif Hope this helps.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 23 2018, 01:41 AM
Post #210

Master
Group Icon

Whew, that is one heck of a process! ohmy.gif Thank you kindly for it, I haven't seen anything that comprehensive since I've started looking at mods. I'm glad I know Renee! smile.gif

LOOT is good for me - I already have it for Skyrim and FO4. I didn't know that about BOSS being better for Oblivion, though. But I only used about 10 mods so far in OB.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 23 2018, 01:49 AM
Post #211

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 22 2018, 07:41 PM) *

Whew, that is one heck of a process!

That's called "arrgh, how do I figure this out?!?" And then I go on Google, and then usually wind up watching something on You Tube, some tutorial or whatever ..... that's another thing: any problem you come up in this game ... somebody has probably figured it out already, and made their "fix" into a YouTube video. And if you can't find something on YT, somebody probably has written up their solution on some forums somewhere, some obscure website with a community we've never even heard of.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 23 2018, 08:40 PM
Post #212

Master
Group Icon

All good points. I actually had to hit up the Google machine just to get the game running out of Steam. Windows Live Games or some such shenanigans.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 23 2018, 09:05 PM
Post #213

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 23 2018, 02:40 PM) *

Windows Live Games or some such shenanigans.

Yup yup, me too. Countless other gamers out there, I'm sure. I think when I hit the GFWL wall, I had no idea what was going on, and nobody here did either. I was on my own. sad.gif "My game installed fine!" I heard. sad.gif I remember that whole deal being really super-frustrating.

I think Bethesda does include a few words of warning (or maybe Steam does) about needing to disable GFWL, but I did not manage to read these words, because... who would expect such a ridiculous setback? panic.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Feb 23 2018, 09:08 PM
Post #214

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Feb 23 2018, 03:05 PM) *
QUOTE(Kane @ Feb 23 2018, 02:40 PM) *

Windows Live Games or some such shenanigans.

Yup yup, me too. Countless other gamers out there, I'm sure. I think when I hit the GFWL wall, I had no idea what was going on, and nobody here did either. I was on my own. sad.gif "My game installed fine!" I heard. sad.gif I remember that whole deal being really super-frustrating.

I think Bethesda does include a few words of warning (or maybe Steam does) about needing to disable GFWL, but I did not manage to read these words, because... who would expect such a ridiculous setback? panic.gif

TBH, I didn't see a single mention of it during install.

It was ready to go, and my settings were maxed, but when I clicked launch....nothing happened. indifferent.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 23 2018, 10:07 PM
Post #215

Ancient
Group Icon

Try Games for Windows LIVE Disabler. I have always used it with Fallout 3.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 24 2018, 09:03 AM
Post #216

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 23 2018, 10:07 PM) *

Try Games for Windows LIVE Disabler. I have always used it with Fallout 3.

Samesis™ smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 29 2018, 06:32 PM
Post #217

Ancient
Group Icon

Simply Uncut = adds a bunch of npcs and unique items that were cut back into the game. Looks pretty neat.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 15 2018, 04:37 AM
Post #218

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit cannot seem to get this game running smoothly with even a handful of mods. When we go into combat it’s about a 75% chance of CTD. Guessing this one doesn’t really understand what he’s doing since he is accustomed to how mods work on F4.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 15 2018, 05:03 AM
Post #219

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 14 2018, 11:37 PM) *

Khajiit cannot seem to get this game running smoothly with even a handful of mods. When we go into combat it’s about a 75% chance of CTD. Guessing this one doesn’t really understand what he’s doing since he is accustomed to how mods work on F4.

It is probably one of the mods you are using. I have found a few that caused CTDs, like EVE (Energy Visuals Enhanced).

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 15 2018, 02:05 PM
Post #220

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 14 2018, 11:03 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 14 2018, 11:37 PM) *

It is probably one of the mods you are using. I have found a few that caused CTDs, like EVE (Energy Visuals Enhanced).

Not sure, but I was only using the unofficial patch, Fallout 3 Redesigned (which enhances player and NPC appearances), the popular Iron Sights mod, the popular animation overhaul (forget its name), stutter remover, and the invalidation (validation?) thing because one of those other mods required it. We do have FOSE installed too.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post

14 Pages V « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:40 AM