255 Pages V « < 208 209 210 211 212 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
mirocu
post Nov 25 2019, 09:24 PM
Post #4181

Spam Meister
Group Icon

That is doable with the Death Star, but there is really never any reason to do it other than you have found the rebel base and the game is ending anyway. It's bad otherwise because every core planet will start to shift from you to the rebels the more you do it. Plus, obliterating a planet has no benefits whatsoever.

In this game, the Death Star is mainly used to boost the number of fighters in a fleet and of course to instantly take out the biggest enemy warship biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 25 2019, 11:42 PM
Post #4182

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Nov 25 2019, 02:24 PM) *

That is doable with the Death Star, but there is really never any reason to do it other than you have found the rebel base and the game is ending anyway. It's bad otherwise because every core planet will start to shift from you to the rebels the more you do it. Plus, obliterating a planet has no benefits whatsoever.

In this game, the Death Star is mainly used to boost the number of fighters in a fleet and of course to instantly take out the biggest enemy warship biggrin.gif

IPB Image

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 30 2019, 12:02 PM
Post #4183

Master
Group Icon

There is a disturbance in the force whenever a new TpF Scenic Excursions episode appears. We conclude the passenger run begun ep30a, returning to point-of-origin:

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep30b

TpF2 is newly released. I'm sticking with TpF1 for now. I rarely buy games while they're new and shiny any more, Kingdom Come Deliverance being the only exception in years. Besides, I feel I've more yet to say in the original. Speaking of which, during a recent burst of energy I updated landscape scenery along a number of train route, 'filming' the result. Assuming what's in-the-can passes muster, I now have raw material for as many as five more Scenic Excursions episodes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 3 2019, 09:19 PM
Post #4184

Master
Group Icon

I'm playing Outer Wilds, basically a space Majora's Mask so to speak. Pretty interesting game!
https://youtu.be/KKZ4UF9Zw04

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 7 2019, 12:36 PM
Post #4185

Master
Group Icon

What better way to celebrate this day, December 7, than drop a bomb on an unsuspecting public. In this, the first of a two-part Transport Fever Scenic Excursions episode, we transport victuals by rail from one of two RV Foods railway stations to the never-before-seen-this-series city of St. Mawes. We ride aboard a British steam locomotive, first along an RV Foods dedicated spur, link with River Valley Mainline at Eastleigh, pass through Morley, cross the river soon thereafter and enter our delivery point, bring the video to a close. Part 2, Return to RV Foods, is scheduled for release next week.

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep 31a - Food for St.Mawes

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 8 2019, 11:14 PM
Post #4186

Master
Group Icon

Just finished Out Wilds and MAN was it an awesome experience. Outer Wilds is my top game of 2019 5/5 happy.gif .

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 13 2019, 08:45 PM
Post #4187

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 8 2019, 11:14 PM) *

Just finished Out Wilds and MAN was it an awesome experience. Outer Wilds is my top game of 2019 5/5 happy.gif .

Sweet!

As for me, I now completely own the Inner Core in Star Wars: Rebellion. Again tongue.gif My Main Fleet consists of two Interdictors as previously mentioned and is up to 12 Super Star Destroyers now. No Death Star yet though as they are massively expensive in terms of maintenance points, and I must keep building TIE Defenders and Imperial II Star Destroyers for all the local fleets.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 14 2019, 11:09 AM
Post #4188

Master
Group Icon

The forces of darkness salivate with glee upon publication of a new Transport Fever Scenic Excursions episode. This, the conclusion of a two-part journey, documents the return of a steam-locomotive-pulled freight train from the city of St. Mawes to its point-of-origin, RV Foods.

Scenic Excursions ep 31b - Food for St. Mawes, Part 2, Return to RV Foods

(I remind folk that I do not monetize these videos, and am thus not hawking a for-profit venture. Their creation is simply an enjoyable, if sometimes frustrating, pastime.)

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Dec 14 2019, 11:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Dec 14 2019, 05:34 PM
Post #4189

Master
Group Icon

The Division 1 is on Xbox Game Pass and being a fan of the game I SOOOOOOO downloaded it!!! Ah---there's just something about that game that feels more believable then Division 2 was. Playing TD1 is like coming back home for the holidays happy.gif .

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Dec 14 2019, 05:35 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 21 2019, 11:50 AM
Post #4190

Master
Group Icon

My modded Daggerall Unity install is looking better since unearthing a tweak to an installed mod. It and Transport Fever remain the two games I play with any regularity, though I have ridden a few TRS19 routes/sessions this past week.

Speaking of TpF, here's my latest Scenic Excursions episode, a fourth visit to the Valley Petrol - Chesham fuel delivery run:

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep 32 - Fuel for Chesham, Fourth Time's the Charm? Edition

(Hint, it's not, duel to stutter.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 22 2019, 11:13 PM
Post #4191

Master
Group Icon

Took advantage of Steam's ongoing sale. Purchased a three-DLC bundle of Eastern European train routes for Trainz 2019 just after today's lunch. Got all three for $14.37US. Something like 80% off by getting 'em bundled. I don't consider it a super great deal, as TRS19 DLC tend to be overpriced if not on sale, and none of the three is steam-era. But for the sales price it's a decent investment, so long as they don't turn out to be stinkers.

Something very odd is going on. I began downloading the above around noon. That's over four hours ago. The download window shows I'm now maybe a little over halfway done. That's way too long for three DLC, even at my slow internet speed. Opened my file-manager-of-choice. Looks as if the entire game, or most of it, DLCs included, are being re-downloaded. Considering the number of DLCs I've bought during various sales, the DL time makes sense. But why is it re-downloading in the first place? Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 28 2019, 11:26 AM
Post #4192

Master
Group Icon

New TpF Scenic Excursions upload. First half of a two-part episode. The split is mandated due to uploading at 1440p over an ultra-slow internet connection. It's somewhat less stutter-afflicted than recent episodes. Not buttery smooth by any means, but easier on the eyes.

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep33a - Epping to Eastleigh Commuter, part 1

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 30 2019, 02:58 PM
Post #4193

Master
Group Icon

There's a new Trainz 2019 DLC I've been eyeing since noticing it on Steam a few weeks ago. Only, it's the one TRS19 DLC not included in the Steam Winter Sale. Just last night I discovered that it IS on sales at MyTrainz Store. $8US as opposed to Steam's $19.99. Bought it off MyTrainz a few minutes ago. It downloads as I type. Was a bit worried about potential download/install SNAFUs due to Steam vs MyTrainz. So far all's well. The DL began automatically soon as I launched TRS19 and clicked to accept the download. It'll likely be ready for use about the time I head out for my weekly grocery run.

Otherwise, I drove an Eastern European passenger train in TRS19, and have been putzing around with scenery in TpF1, as one does.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 31 2019, 03:53 PM
Post #4194

Master
Group Icon

December 2019 will go down as a gaming-purchase splurge-month. Not only did I purchase four TRS19 DLC, but this morning bought Train Sim World and one of its DLC off Steam. These were all part of Steam Winter Sale, except one TRS19 DLC, which was on sale elsewhere. Even totaled it's not a large financial investment. Still, it's more than I'm used to spending on gaming software within a single month.

I've mixed feeling about TSW2020, as I did/do about TRS19. I'd not have purchased it if not for the sale. TSW's strength, imo, is that it's got the best graphics of the three premier train simulators, and some nice 'quality of life' touches, like being about to walk outside a train in first-person. It's worst downside is, for me, total lack of steam-era content.

It's downloading/installing as I type, and will likely hug my internet connect at least through lunchtime.

Drove three TRS19 sessions from recent DLC purchases yesterday. All were enjoyable. Decent graphics by TSR19 standards. None were steam powered trains. I normally lose interest partway through non-steam sessions, but these were exceptions, two in particular.

There's been a couple of Daggerfall Unity updates. I've been content enough with my current installed version to ignore 'em...for now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 2 2020, 09:34 PM
Post #4195

Master
Group Icon

Yeesh. Failed one TRS19 session (from a recent DLC purchase) twice in a row, first last night, then again this morning. Can't figure out what I did wrong the second time. I'll prolly try again later today.

I've been too out-of-it to focus on TSW tutorials so have done nothing of consequence with that title.

ADDENDUM:
Third time's the charm, for once. Aced the TRS19 session. Admittedly, I made it slightly easier on myself by picking Daylight Run rather than Nighttime Run. The two are identical save time of day. Boy was my heart pumping! The timetable is super tight. Tightest I've experienced in a TRS19 session. Several times I arrived at a station with only a few seconds to spare! Lots of speed changes too. So many I spent most of my time adjusting cab controls and rarely got to enjoy the scenery. Gonna pick a more laid-back session for my next run.

It helped that the train is super powerful, a fast accelerator and stopper. I couldn't have made those stations on time had the train taken longer to decelerate to a stop from high speeds. (I'd have had to start slowing sooner, thus losing overall time.)

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jan 2 2020, 10:41 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 4 2020, 11:45 AM
Post #4196

Master
Group Icon

Yet another train-ride video from me, the conclusion to my last such upload:

Transport Fever Scenic Excursions ep 33b - Epping to Eastleigh Commuter, Part 2

Mostly I've been driving TRS19 sessions, or attempting to do so. Something went wrong during my final session early yesterday evening. My train pulled into a station after having received the message "Stop at the end of the platform. You will be directed to depart" or words to that effect. Only...I sat there 17min. Not a blasted thing happened. I was never told to continue on. Nor did a 'session over' message appear. Not a single other train passed through the station. I finally gave up and exited. Such is TRS19. A shame. It had been a very enjoyable session up to that point.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 6 2020, 02:46 PM
Post #4197

Master
Group Icon

Am in the midst of a super-long TRS19 session begun two days ago. We're talking hours and hours and hours for one single run! Right now I'm stuck at a signal waiting for a commuter to clear the track ahead. It's a VERY long wait. So long I assumed the route was broken...until a while ago. Saved the drive in-progress some minutes into the wait. Let it run while I took a nice long shower. When I returned to the PC my signal was green. No idea when it switched from red, so don't know how long a wait remains. (I restored the signal-save so as not to be behind schedule....assuming I'm not already.

This is an older TRS19 route. Graphics aren't top-notch, even by Trainz standards. They're good enough to get by, and worth it for the session length. One bad but not lease-breaking glitch experienced earlier in the drive, LOD for track on either side of a particular Station either didn't load or is non-existent. Near-textures for that track don't put in until the train is almost on top of 'em. There is likely a fix for that were I more Trainz savvy.

....Still waiting at the signal. Seems odd the game would have such a long wait out in the middle of nowhere. Might still be glitch. We'll know if I'm told I'm too far behind schedule.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jan 6 2020, 10:10 PM
Post #4198

Ancient
Group Icon

Mostly just BATTLETECH right now. The game is so much fun! Currently approaching the time milestone in my Jade Lotus Syndicate Ironman career. Not sure what happens after that, but I’m thinking of starting a new, harder Ironman career with a fresh merc company.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Jan 7 2020, 10:33 PM
Post #4199

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jan 7 2020, 06:10 AM) *

Mostly just BATTLETECH right now. The game is so much fun! Currently approaching the time milestone in my Jade Lotus Syndicate Ironman career. Not sure what happens after that, but I’m thinking of starting a new, harder Ironman career with a fresh merc company.

Hey FelineBoi you ever played XCOM??? Sounds like it’s right up your alley

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 8 2020, 02:34 AM
Post #4200

Master
Group Icon

The super-long TRS19 wait mentioned above finally ended. It is apparently a feature, not a glitch? Still, it seems most odd that the player must stare at the screen a good 25min with absolutely nothing to do.

Just finished another, much shorter session. An oil delivery run. Took a good five minutes longer than it needed to. Received a message saying "stop at the end of the platform." I did so. Minutes passed. Nothing happened. I finally left the train and discovered that the platform the message refers to is further down the line, nearer a (red) signal. Drove there. DING...end of session message appears.

At the end of a session between the two mentioned above I was awarded an achievement for stopping at 100 stations with a passenger train. Despite not caring a whit about game achievements, this surprised me. Not so much the award, but that only 5.1% of users have earned it. I've played the game only 88hrs, for goodness’ sake.

Played a little modded Daggerfall Unity. My avatar accepted a short two-part royalty courier assignment, returned to Daggerfall City at its end, practiced magic overnight at the Fighters Guild, and is now about to request an assignment from Knight of the Dragon.

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 208 209 210 211 212 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:35 PM