Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
Grits
post Nov 19 2011, 11:40 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Rowan and Lydia are walking to Solitude from Riverwood. There has been quite a lot of flower picking along the way, so it’s taking a while. Met a cute, red-headed farmer boy and encouraged him to pursue a life of adventure. Must check back later and see if he’s still alive.

Had a very satisfying dragon fight on the road, lots of jumping over rocks and sprinting while being flamed by the dragon and peppered with arrows from a nearby idiot bandit. I got to see Rowan’s dragon finishing move for the first time, it was great! Until I realized that she was still wearing her talking-to-the-cute-farmer dress, not her health-enhancing battle wear. Oops. No wonder she needed so many potions.

But the big news: we got a dog! Woo hoo!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 20 2011, 12:10 AM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

Chloe and Lydia are making a casual path to High Hrothgar. Bagged her third vampire master and his nest while getting some new duds for both of them.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 20 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 19 2011, 05:40 PM) *

Rowan and Lydia are walking to Solitude from Riverwood. There has been quite a lot of flower picking along the way, so it’s taking a while. Met a cute, red-headed farmer boy and encouraged him to pursue a life of adventure. Must check back later and see if he’s still alive.

Had a very satisfying dragon fight on the road, lots of jumping over rocks and sprinting while being flamed by the dragon and peppered with arrows from a nearby idiot bandit. I got to see Rowan’s dragon finishing move for the first time, it was great! Until I realized that she was still wearing her talking-to-the-cute-farmer dress, not her health-enhancing battle wear. Oops. No wonder she needed so many potions.

But the big news: we got a dog! Woo hoo!

Which dog? I am hoping to find Meeko. (found his shack, but not him).

Maxical hasn't budged since Monday, but on Monday she swam the northern border looking for underwater treasures. She got some ingredients, but that was all. She finally decided to rest on a nice piece of flat land and found herself surrounded and attacked by some faction from a nearby fort. Somehow she survived the assault, and decided to "clear" it of any more attackers (and release their prisoners - which were not grateful for that. In fact, they were angry about it. So she left their doors open and left. Later she got two Dragon Masks and found four word walls.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 20 2011, 12:17 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 20 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

Chloe looks great! I haven’t found any vampires yet.

mALX, we found Meeko!

Here's how it happened:

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Nov 20 2011, 12:41 AM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

My Dunmer, Relyn Drelas, has officially gone rogue. While on assignment for the Main Quest, he ended up joining the Thieves Guild, and has now taken up a much less-than-honorable streak than one might expect from someone who is also a member of the Companions. However, Relyn does try to keep his new life of thievery a secret as much as possible. Absolutely no theft in Whiterun, for instance. Unless specifically ordered to. He's been spending a bit of time here and there brushing up on his pickpocketing, finding random passersby and relieving them of some spare change here and there.

Unfortunately, his reputation in Riften has taken a bit of a bad turn, so he has decided that most of his thievery efforts will take place there. So long as he keeps his head down and nips the bud whenever he's caught, word shouldn't spread outside of The Rift. It's an interesting life for him now, juggling his duties toward the Thieves Guild with the Companions and trying his damnedest to keep both parties in the dark about his work for either side. I will be amazed if this doesn't end up blowing up in his face. wacko.gif

Also, due to the fact that the Legion is in the pockets of the Thalmor and having attempts made on his life more than once by both parties, Relyn has now taken up arms with the Stormcloak rebellion to drive the Empire out of Skyrim and teach the Thalmor a lesson in humility.

For those wondering, the Thalmor is a branch of the Aldmeri Dominion, which surfaced shortly after the Oblivion Crisis and the end of the Septim lineage. What happened between the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion is revealed in the game, though, so talking about that would be a spoiler.

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Nov 20 2011, 01:02 AM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

Melinoe has been spending some time in Riften. A very handsome Nord asked a favor of her, though it would require something illegal. She's not too concerned about breaking the law, anything for some coin at this point, but as she found out there is no marrying him, she decided that there is no rush to please him.

So she headed south to do some exploring. Bandit camps were what she had hoped for. Instead, she came across an unfriendly conjurer, some spiders, and of course, wolves. The horrid spiders started to deplete her precious potions so she headed back north to Riften when she met a Khajiit named Maiq. He had a couple of interesting things to say before taking off.

There was also the Captain who needed something out of a fort. Melinoe was rather excited. Finally some non-creature action, and with someone to help out no less. However, he held the door open for her and said he'd meet her by his spit once she was done. When Melinoe asked why he wasn't coming in, he flat out said he was far too important. Typical Altmer! She thought. She slammed the door and told him to take a spear and shove it up his... well, you've got the idea.

As she stormed off a man shoved a suit of enchanted armor in her arms and demanded that she hold it for him until he comes to collect it, or he'll kill her. Melinoe took the armor, though once she gets back to Riften there's no guarantee she won't sell it. Let the man come and try to kill her. At this point she just might gut someone and skip rope with their innards...

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 20 2011, 02:07 AM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 19 2011, 06:34 PM) *

Chloe looks great! I haven’t found any vampires yet.

mALX, we found Meeko!

Here's how it happened:

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 20 2011, 02:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 20 2011, 02:35 AM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 19 2011, 08:07 PM) *

Yikes. I hope not, too.

Did I mention bunnies? I saw two bunnies hopping up the road today, not scared at all.

Until the cave bear. ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 20 2011, 02:37 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Well, Aravi went hunting and bagged quite a few deer. She teased a few mudcrabs in a stream until they started to actually do some damage, then killed the pests.

While out hunting she ran into an Altmer dressed in unique robes and made conversation with him. He was quite full of himself and then started talking about Talos... Aravi isn't religious so she kept quiet when he asked her opinion on such matters. He didn't like that one bit and attacked her. He must have had some goons waiting nearby because she was suddenly fighting him and two others wearing elven armor. She barely survived the fight, but is now in possession of elven armor!

Back in Whiterun she turned all the deer and wolf hides into leather armor and then sold them. She then used the money she made to enchant her Orcish sword and war ax.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 20 2011, 02:51 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 19 2011, 08:35 PM) *

Did I mention bunnies? I saw two bunnies hopping up the road today, not scared at all.

You mean like this bunny? wink.gif

QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 19 2011, 08:37 PM) *

While out hunting she ran into an Altmer dressed in unique robes and made conversation with him. He was quite full of himself and then started talking about Talos... Aravi isn't religious so she kept quiet when he asked her opinion on such matters. He didn't like that one bit and attacked her. He must have had some goons waiting nearby because she was suddenly fighting him and two others wearing elven armor. She barely survived the fight, but is now in possession of elven armor!

I think those are the Thalmor. They are high elves who kill anyone who worships Talos, or anyone they don't like. I just read about them in the wiki, wondering if whether I might use them in the TF or AF or not.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 20 2011, 02:51 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Nov 20 2011, 07:19 AM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

J'Drell has just finished clearing one Fort Hraggstad, west of Solitude. He discovered it whilst travelling down from getting himself blessed at the Steed Stone...Which seems to be the only way to up your carrying capacity by a decent amount...Snassnfrassn...Aaamywho, he was shocked to discover that having ousted the Bandits, within five minutes of going to sell his stuff, the Legion have now occupied the fort and are well and truly settled in...

"Huh?" thought J'Drell...

*Shrug* Went Robert...

Anyways, he'd just travelled back to Solitude to off load the stuff and do some more smithing...

+Quote Post
treydog
post Nov 20 2011, 02:04 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

Trey had a rather disturbing experience with the Companions in Whiterun and decided that a drinking contest with a stranger at The Bannered Mare was a good idea.

Sometime later, he found he had annoyed some folk at a temple.

He then witnessed a murder and was asked to investigate- "unofficially."

He MUST have dachshund in him- he seems to have a nose for trouble.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 20 2011, 07:32 PM
Post #13

Councilor
Group Icon

Meeko is gone. Rowan and Lydia tangled with two frost spiders and a troll in a marsh right before dawn. I’m hoping that Meeko just ran off, because he was nowhere near the bodies. There were arrows and fire balls flying all over the place, and the local mudcrabs got riled up at some point as well. Plus there were slaughterfish in the river. A lot could have gone wrong.

Maybe he’ll catch up. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 20 2011, 08:06 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Nov 20 2011, 01:32 PM) *

Meeko is gone. Rowan and Lydia tangled with two frost spiders and a troll in a marsh right before dawn. I’m hoping that Meeko just ran off, because he was nowhere near the bodies. There were arrows and fire balls flying all over the place, and the local mudcrabs got riled up at some point as well. Plus there were slaughterfish in the river. A lot could have gone wrong.

Maybe he’ll catch up. sad.gif

GAAAAAH !!! I hope he is okay. Am I to understand our canine friends are not ... essential? URK !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 20 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #15

Finder
Group Icon

Chloe and Lydia are currently clearing out Meridia's temple of inky undead. Already done some work for Clavicus Vile, mostly just to get rid of Barbas who kept sniffing at Chloe's *coughs* and getting in the way of her shots.

Also, if Meeko was/is a stray, you might find him back where you first found him. I know I had one following me for a while then he just sort of... wasn't there anymore.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 21 2011, 12:18 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 19 2011, 07:51 PM) *

I think those are the Thalmor. They are high elves who kill anyone who worships Talos, or anyone they don't like. I just read about them in the wiki, wondering if whether I might use them in the TF or AF or not.

It was. Aravi was traveling to Winterhold again and on the way she was tracked down by a hit squad and ambushed. They had orders to kill Aravi on them as well. This is going to be interesting at the college because there is a Thalmor representative there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 21 2011, 01:35 AM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Nov 20 2011, 06:18 PM) *

It was. Aravi was traveling to Winterhold again and on the way she was tracked down by a hit squad and ambushed. They had orders to kill Aravi on them as well. This is going to be interesting at the college because there is a Thalmor representative there.

I suggest just killing that Thalmor fella right out the gate. But you might to save first... wink.gif

Oh, and if Aravi sees these guys, I suggest that she does the same! biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 21 2011, 02:55 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

Went back to Meeko’s cabin, but no Meeko. I’m afraid he’s really gone. If Rowan finds another dog, she’s going to take him straight to somewhere safe!

mALX, there has to be a way to make him essential on the PC, but I don’t know it. I’m on a PS3. That’s also why Rowan is still on foot. She doesn’t want a dragon to eat her horse.

Last night Rowan got to meet some of the Thalmor she's been hearing about. They did not get along. I expect she'll be adding to her collection of "Kill Rowan Varrus" notes pretty soon.

Today’s mission takes us from Whiterun to Riften. The road has been quiet so far. Keep an eye on the sky, travelers!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 21 2011, 03:51 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Aravi made it to the Winterhold College and made a point to speak directly to the Thalmor there. He didn't react to her in any special way. He's either unaware or unable to act. She'll keep an eye on him while she's there.

Since then she has traveled around a bit. She found a smith that was selling the materials she needed to improve the elven armor. It was expensive, but she bought it anyways.

After some smithing she started to some main quest related stuff that I'll not describe beyond saying it was very interesting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 21 2011, 03:51 PM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

I was so excited last night - thought I saw a troll while in sneak and quite a ways back - was sure it was a troll !! I hit it once with that spark spell duel casting and it flew up in the air and landed against a rock facing, slid down.

I hurried over, so excited I had killed a troll with one hit !!! - It was a wolf. ARGH !!

I now have over 100 locations discovered - North, West, and East. I'm working my way down to the South, but have to watch out I don't put that Bleak Flats Barrow on my map.

Maxical met several friends, joined the College and got a few quests to do from there. She finally got everything sold out in Whiterun (thank goodness !!!) so she can walk a little faster now.

She caught another disease, but it is cured now. She had just gotten rid of the brainrot and got some bonejoint disease (or something) right away. She had to go right back to the shrine and clear it up.

She met some interesting people on her trek. Some just wanted to talk, some gave her quests to do. One gave her fire boots and threatened her life if she did him dirty or snitched on him. Some soldiers told her to look the other way and move or she'd be next. Some very adept mages tried to kill her when she said Hi to them. URK !!! She got through that somehow.

OH! And she got two more words off walls !!! (but no more Dragon Priest Masks).

@ KC - I met that Thalmer at the College, what a butt !!

@ Grits - Oh no! I thought Bethesda would have made followers essential, including the canine ones !! If I get Meeko he is going to stay safe at his daddy's shack till I get a place that is safe for him.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 21 2011, 03:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

98 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:50 AM