15 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim Roleplay Ideas
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 12:37 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Hey all. It's Lady Saga, and today I'd like to talk about some Skyrim roleplay ideas I've come up with over the last few months. I got the game at midnite on 11/11/11. smile.gif So I've come up with quite a few.

There are far more ideas than I've had time to implement of course, which is okay because I know I'm gonna be playing this game for years anyways. Some of these characters would never work in Oblivion, especially since I'm playing the vanilla game (I'm on PS3).

Feel free to share your own Skyrim roleplay ideas. smile.gif

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The Bandit
:
This one will be a male, either a Redguard or a cat-person. I've never played a Khajiit, so it's possible my bandit will be a cat-person. smile.gif With the bandit, I'm planning to simply travel the roads for awhile (after raiding Riverwood, which is not heavily guarded). The bandit uses no magic...none. Only simple armors and weapons, bows, etc. He'll know about ingredients, but not how to make potions. He's not that bright.

The bandit will travel the road until he finds some sort of an encampment he can take over by the side of a busy road, possibly inhabited by other bandits. He will take this encampment over and live there as long as it seeems fruitful. During his time here, he will simply sit and watch. He will wait for travelers to drift by. Those travellers which seem weak? He attacks them! Guards and such will be avoided if possible, although perhaps an eventual bounty might change this.

He will be very much like a medieval bandit, in other words, who waits by the road in ambush.

=============================================

The Cleric:
I've already made a cleric. Clerics often were played as support characters during the great Dungeons & Dragons days (before videogames took over the genre). They are not usually in the midst of battle. their role was often on the sidelines: healing up the fighters, keeping them alive as they fought monsters head-on.

In Skyrim the cleric is still somewhat of a support character, I've noticed, but he or she can wind up fighting enemies head-on as well. Claire Voyance (Breton, currently Level 28) hooked up with Brelyna at the Mage's Guild College. I was originally trying to play Claire Voyance as Restoration, Illusion, and Alteration-only, but she eventually had to take on some Conjuration as well.

Brelyna usually took the role of the magic-user during battle, with lots of Magika to spend. Both Brel and Claire could cast Summon Fire Atronach, so both usually did so. After this, Claire would be free to support Brelyna at times, healing her up, and casting certain helpful spells as well.

But the Cleric isn't as specific as it was in DnD, where we could make large parties of PC's, each character playing a specific role. Eventually, the Cleric must also become part-fighter and magic-user as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the third and final RP idea I'm going to present, as it's already 6:10 pm and I need to get dinner started.

The Paper map

When I first got Skyrim, I opened the box, and then purposely made myself not look at the big, tan-colored map. I didnt' want any spoilers. I didn't even look at the 3d in-game world map. I didn't really need to, since me and my first 2 characters mostly spent all our time in the Riverwood/Whiterun area. I spent a LOT of time in this area folks!

But at some point during my 2nd character's existence (Thor a'Zaene the mercenary fighter I mentioned earlier), I figured it's possible Thor could have a paper map. Then the idea was born. Why yes! He has a paper map. He can look at it in any time. It'll be hard as heck to find locations during future quests, but I like a challenge! I need challenges! Can it even be done? Can we use only the paper map and find our way around?

Turns out, it is possible, but very very hard. I eventually decided that as long as Thor is in a town, he's allowd to look at a "better" map than the paper one. If he's in a town, I therefore will look at the 3D map. I'll look at the area where the next quest marker is, and I'll try to mark its location with a pencil on the paper map. You have to use pencil.

Once he's out of town, I'm no longer looking at the 3D map, only the paper one. There's an X on it, jsut as if he's got it marked by somebody in town, and now this map is tucked away in his backpack or something. I keep reminding myself I need to find a place that'll copy the paper map, this way I'm not always putting X's on it!

I personally feel it's far more immersive this way. I have a theory Bethesda actually included the paper map for roleplay purposes, for those of us who are hardcore enough to try it! I've tried it and it's challenging, but for those who persist, it's a good way to really get into the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pasta's boiling...here's one more idea.

The Scout
The Scout is another idea which stemmed from the map one. The scout (the way I'll eventually play him) will only ride his horse through rough territory. He will not do any dungeon diving. Instead, he will be a support character to other characters I'm gonna make in the future: especially dead-is-dead types.

My Scout will be an American Indian looking character to start, but looks aren't really that important. Neither is race. Here's how The Scout works.

Let's say I've got a character who's supposed to go on a quest in some remote, uncharted location. We'll call him Character #1. The Scout will go there first. He'll ride a horse (gotta have a horse), and get a feel for the terrain and any enemies which are about. As he travels, I'll be using the paper map idea, taking notes as we go.

Let's say the location he's needing to scout is a fort. He eventually gets there, sees what enemies are about, and immediately leaves. He may be detected....that's okay. As long as he escapes and can make a note of it, he's done his job.

After The Scout returns to wherever he was last camped at, Character #1 now has the information he or she needs to advance into that fort, or not advance into it. It's my way of keeping my dead-is-dead characters alive, like I said.

I'm also picturing the Scout as being someone who's able to hunt and live off the land. There's lots more harmless wildlife in vanilla Skyrim (compared to Oblivion) and The Scout will be able to live off of this. He'll definitely carry a bow and a daggar.

Stay tuned for another idea I've had: The Witch!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 5 2012, 12:57 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Some very neat ideas!

I can add in The Bounty Hunter. Skyrim makes this real easy, as you can get bounties from the steward at your local Jarl's house, and even from inns sometimes. Your character can simply go from bounty to bounty, hunting down wanted criminals. You might stick to one area, or drift across the province.

I created my Animal Friend and Nature Summoning mods to make a Witch (what old school D&D types would call a Druid) character possible. Although I realize that folks like Saga on the consoles have to make due without mods. sad.gif With them however, you can be a guardian of the wilderness, living in peace with the natural animals, and even being able to call upon them to fight on your behalf. Alchemy would likely be a large part of such a character's repertoire. They might make regular trips to a local town to sell their potions in return for whatever supplies they might need. The only problem here is that you need someplace with an alchemy table, like the Alchemist's Shack in the Rift.

So far Primrose has been a combination of these two.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 5 2012, 05:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 01:17 AM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

Awesome! Damn. I wish I could summon a giant tiger like that! Would sure save a lot of trouble.

Yes, I've played the role of the mercenary with Thor a'Zaene (who only cared about money and adventure) I guess that's similar to the Bounty Hunter. Thor spent almost all his time keeping the bandit holds around Whiterun and eventually Markath safe. He did this mostly for the money. Claire, on the other hand, is similar to Dyan the paladin, who was one of my Oblivion characters for those who don't know this. Both Dyan and Claire do things for a "higher purpose", ridding evil from the world in support of Mara or some others of the Nine. Mostly Mara, though. Money for them is secondary, although Claire does like some treasures just to have them around.

I'm also going to talk about a druid, too, when I have more time. My druid will be peaceful, though. She won't be like my witch idea.

Thanks for sharing, SubRosa. I'll post more later, maybe tomorrow.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 5 2012, 01:28 PM
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Mar 5 2012, 01:49 AM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

Really good ideas like always! Playing as a bandit is REALLY fun, I'll get back to you about it later, not home right now, need to log into my game to remember where my bandit lived tongue.gif

I'll also give ideas of my own wink.gif But I can't right now, wait a little while, eh? tongue.gif

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx
+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Mar 5 2012, 02:07 AM
Post #5

Finder
Group Icon

Had one I made a run at in December before my interest in her petered out.

Soldier
Trained in the lands of Hammerfell, the Redguard learned to wield any weapon placed in her hands, eventually settling on two swords. Like many from her land, she has a high distrust of magic and refuses to touch anything that makes use of it. Though released from service due to a serious but not crippling injury, she has eventually made her way to Skyrim chasing rumors of civil unrest and anti-Thalmor sentiments.

The Details: No magic. Period. Won't touch any of the skill in the Mage branch nor use anything from them. So no enchanted items or staffs. Potions limited to healing/stamina/poisons. No (or as limited as possible) use of Shouts.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 5 2012, 02:14 AM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(liliandra nadiar @ Mar 4 2012, 08:07 PM) *

Though released from service due to a serious but not crippling injury,

Don't tell me she took an arrow to the - naw... biggrin.gif

Or perhaps she was exiled from Hammerfell? She may have been a criminal. Or perhaps she lost in a round of politics, and was framed?

The Vigilant of Stendarr is another roleplay opportunity. Basically the Inquisition on Nirn. This is a good one for someone who wants to play a dark character, who operates under the aegis of doing good. You walk the land killing anyone and anything that you feel is evil, all in the name of the god of mercy. I ran across some of these fellas in the game, and they chilled me more then the draugr. Precisely because that brand of bloodthirsty hypocrisy is so real. "Stendarr's Mercy be upon you, for the Vigil has none to spare."

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 5 2012, 04:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 03:53 AM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm really curious to know if anybody else has ever used the paper map as I have, or in some other way (other than for putting up on the wall, that is).

I like that Vigilant of Stendarr idea! That's true, there are several things in-game was can borrow from like that.

My first 2 characters were similar to your soldier, nadiar. Neither of them used magic spells, either, although they both used potions. Gotta use some potions in this land for pure fighters. The main diff between my fighters and your soldier is they preferred sheild/weapon combinations. I haven't tried a dual-wielding weapons character in Skyrim yet, although I will. Not being able to block is just too weird, but I am thinking of an assassin-type character who will dual-wield.

And I'm looking forward to your ideas, fawkes. I've got more ideas of my own. Is it possible to make spoiler tags here, by the way? The Witch sort of requires that I do so.

Wait...I know you fawkes. smile.gif There's no mistake! The Jarl has asked for you. you're Killer Penguin, right?

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 5 2012, 04:04 AM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 5 2012, 04:32 AM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

You can do spoilers, you just have to add the tags manually.

Just quote my post, and I think you should see the code. Basically just type the word spoiler with brackets around it to start with, and follow with your spoily text. Then to close it type in the world spoiler again, but lead it with a bracket and a slash, like this: [/

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 5 2012, 04:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 04:48 AM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

Okay thanks, SubRosa, I'll figure spoiler tags out tomorrow, then. I gotta get to bed now. Jeez, where does the time go? Sigh.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 5 2012, 04:50 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

I love these ideas! And to answer your question, I have not used the paper map like you have. I make limited use of the in game map. I just don't use it very much. Just the compass and choosing the road that seems like it goes in the right direction.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 05:05 AM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh I see. Yea, I don't use the compass at all, instead I try to use shadows on the ground to see where east and west are. I did this in Oblivion, too. It only gets tricky at around noon, or also if it's raining. all a sudden it's hard to see where the shadows point!

I have the HUD on its very lightest setting, so I can barely see the Health, stamina, and magicka bars. But the compass itself? It's not perceptible for me at all.

By the way, isn't it nice to discuss all this stuff without the pressure of Bethsoft's cruddy mean people? biggrin.gif I never could have posted this thread up there, not peacefully anyways. There would already be a flame-war or some otehr such nonsense going on if this same thread were there. And without a flame-war, the topic would be off the front page in less than a day.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 5 2012, 05:09 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

I'm tempted to just use shadows and such now. I think I'll try it out next time I fire up Skyrim.

If I don't like that, then I'm going to pretend that Aravi has a compass and toggle off all the quest markers except in proximity to the quest giver.

EDIT: Oh and I agree with you about the other forums. I'm glad you made an account here.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Mar 5 2012, 05:11 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 05:21 AM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

Thanks, I'm glad I made an account here, too. If this were Bethsoft, there would already be a couple "elitists" showing up telling me my ideas are stupid for xxx reason. The entire thread would already be divided up into "supporters" and "detractors". :facepalm:

Oh one thing. At night, the shadows-on-ground thing is weird. I forget how it works in Skyrim, but in Oblivion the moons don't provide actual light. Light always "shines" from the west at night in Cyrodiil, because this is where the sun goes down. It's a little oversight in Bethesda's part.
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 5 2012, 05:35 AM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Weird! I never noticed!Only someone navigating like you would have. That's cool!

Aravi usually isn't out at night. She tries to find somewhere to spend the night. 3-4pm is when she starts looking for somewhere to rest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Mar 5 2012, 07:01 AM
Post #15

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 4 2012, 10:05 PM) *

Oh I see. Yea, I don't use the compass at all, instead I try to use shadows on the ground to see where east and west are. I did this in Oblivion, too. It only gets tricky at around noon, or also if it's raining. all a sudden it's hard to see where the shadows point!

I have the HUD on its very lightest setting, so I can barely see the Health, stamina, and magicka bars. But the compass itself? It's not perceptible for me at all.

By the way, isn't it nice to discuss all this stuff without the pressure of Bethsoft's cruddy mean people? biggrin.gif I never could have posted this thread up there, not peacefully anyways. There would already be a flame-war or some otehr such nonsense going on if this same thread were there. And without a flame-war, the topic would be off the front page in less than a day.

I tried lowering the HUD, but I could not see the Health, Stamina, or Magicka bars D:, I don't want to see compass >:, mind taking a pic to see where you put your settings?
Oh and I also use the paper map that came with the game instead of the in game map, well except to look at where the quest is, then I revert to the paper map.
I can't find my PS3 controller! xD So I don't recall the locations haha! I'll post my ideas as soon as possible.
And yes this place is really friendly! Really glad you decided to join us!

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 4 2012, 08:53 PM) *

And I'm looking forward to your ideas, fawkes. I've got more ideas of my own. Is it possible to make spoiler tags here, by the way? The Witch sort of requires that I do so.
Wait...I know you fawkes. smile.gif There's no mistake! The Jarl has asked for you. you're Killer Penguin, right?

I am indeed Killerpenguin, Fawkes is such a shorter name, The Jarl asked for me? Crud he found out that I stole his sweetroll!

I did use the Vigilant of Stendarr as a idea for my Paladin character, Bear, who has been alive since the 1st Era thanks to being Stendarr's champion. In game He would do things for the greater good, you know? He killed any Vigilant of Stendarr that he saw, they were tarnishing his Lord's name, he even took the fight to their headquarters. biggrin.gif! He was a fun character, a mace in one hand and a fireball spell in the other, heck the Thalmor were trying to kill him after I left Riverwood for the first time. And Let's just say....the world ended up being emptier after he got through with it ;o

Erm, I'll post my ideas after I wake up, I got several trust me! Hehe, there is the Hunter, Noble, Miner, Bandit, Mercenary,Fishermen,Farmer, Guard,Spy,ect ect ect.... tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Fawkes: Mar 5 2012, 11:40 AM

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 01:21 PM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 4 2012, 11:35 PM) *

Weird! I never noticed!Only someone navigating like you would have. That's cool!

Aravi usually isn't out at night. She tries to find somewhere to spend the night. 3-4pm is when she starts looking for somewhere to rest.

I see. She's like the opposite of a vampire, then. I got the shadows idea, believe it or not from summer camp. I went to a co-ed summer camp as a kid (lucky me) and one of the counsellors taught us this I think. At night on Earth, it's also possible to use the North Star (Polaris) to navigate on clear nights. This is how escaped slaves made their way from south to north in America's 1800's.

I've never been able to figure out any reliable stars in Oblivion, but they must exists. This wouldn't work in Skyrim, of course, not reliably, anyways, because it's often cloudy! The shadows do work, however. I just forget which way they point at night in Sky.
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 5 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fawkes @ Mar 5 2012, 01:01 AM) *

I tried lowering the HUD, but I could not see the Health, Stamina, or Magicka bars D:, I don't want to see compass >:, mind taking a pic to see where you put your settings?

I just bump the HUD slider all the way left, so it's off. Now give it just one bump to the right. That's where my HUD is. During fights, I like seeing what my character's stats are doing, so I know when to heal and stuff. Keep in mind you'll barely be able to see stats. You can probably trying bumping your HUD even farther right if my setting winds up being too vague.

QUOTE(Fawkes @ Mar 4 2012, 08:53 PM) *

I am indeed Killerpenguin, Fawkes is such a shorter name, The Jarl asked for me? Crud he found out that I stole his sweetroll!

lol.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 5 2012, 01:27 PM
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 6 2012, 07:56 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 4 2012, 06:57 PM) *

Some very neat ideas!

I can add in The Bounty Hunter. Skyrim makes this real easy, as you can get bounties from the steward at your local Jarl's house, and even from inns sometimes. Your character can simply go from bounty to bounty, hunting down wanted criminals. You might stick to one area, or drift across the province.

This is a good one. I played a Bosmer archer bounty hunter for a while (Selador). He and Faendal lived in Riverwood and just did Jarl work that they picked up in taverns. It was fun and a very easy role to play, but the character didn’t really develop. Or rather, my other characters demanded to be played more loudly.

I need to learn more about Skyrim Orsimer culture for my two axes orc dude. I know that anyone could just drift across the border, but to me that feels like a waste of lore. tongue.gif Ditto the Redguard blademaster/soldier that liliandra described. That sounds like a great idea, I’m just missing the background Redguard culture. For me, I already have a duel axe wielding Khajiit and an Imperial whirling dervish with two swords, so it will probably be years before I get to new versions of them. If ever. Of course, playing dead-is-dead would hasten the process. whistling.gif (Kidding! Put down the axe, J’Shanji.)

A character that I loved from Oblivion is an Altmer ranger. SubRosa’s animal friends mod would be perfect for a mystical character, or a regular character (who lives on a console) could live in harmony with the animals the way the other animals do. (By killing and eating them when necessary.) I love that the Skyrim bears don’t always attack you. The thing I wanted most for my Oblivion ranger was a summoned bear. wub.gif This is how Jensa started out, as a Nord archer/alchemist with some illusion magic. Then she picked up a greatsword, and it was barbarian time.

Map wise, I used the paper one until I got a decent idea where the different mountains and passes were. I still get characters lost around Falkreath and when it’s foggy, but then a check of the in-game map represents a solid sense of direction. I really don’t have a problem using the compass, but I also must admit that my immersion is pretty sturdy. The blood splatter is the thing that annoys me the most.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 6 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

The Black Magic Witch
In Oblivion I made a "black magic witch" character, based on the Wicked Witch of the West from Wizard of Oz. She was a dark elf and her name was Luci Pheria (my play on Lucifer). Her backstory was that she had been in jail for a very long time, through a good portion of Uriel Septim's reign, matter of fact. When Uriel wound up coming thru her cell and thru the initial passageways, she eventually attacked him, matter of fact!

IPB Image

Luci had been in jail so long, her sanity had eroded. Instead of talking, she often grunted and hurled mysterious insults at the NPC's she eventually met. She was supposed to have been from Morrowind, and what's interesting about her is early on in her roleplay she had this desire to go immediately east...towards Cheydinhal. I had the sense that she wanted to go home. The interesting thing is back then I didn't know how Tamriel is supposed to be laid out. I had no idea the Morrowind pretty much lies east of Cheydinhal.

She was pretty much a drifter at first, but eventually settled in the Great Forest area, taking over Weatherleah (pre-quest). I never ever did any quests with Luci, but she was one of my strongest roleplays, until she got killed by a bandit that is. smile.gif

So for the Skyrim version of the evil witch, she's going to probably settle in the Riverwood area. She'll somehow manage to take over that little broken-down cottage across the river from Riverwood (the one that's occupied by that old lady, who is also something of a witch it turns out). She'll be pretty much like Luci, I'm assuming. She'll mess with people, build up her magics, terrorize those she can get away with terrorizing.

I haven't played a genuinely evil character in Skyrim yet. I'm anticipating it'll be tougher than Oblivion, simply because Cyrodiil's wilderness areas are easier to escape into when the PC is at lower levels.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've been meditating on a druid character as well, but I don't have much of an idea of what he or she will be like. DnD druids could only be human for some reason, but I'm gonna make a wood elf druid. The whole nature/woods/druid thing just goes together. smile.gif

The idea is kinda vague, though, which means this is probably gonna be one of those characters that I "get to know as I go". He or she will spend lots of time in nature, obviously. I need to read up on some Wiccan and Celtic books (I think I have some around, still, at my house somewhere) because I think the Druid will wind up really getting into some ceremonial practices.

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 6 2012, 01:56 PM) *

I love that the Skyrim bears don’t always attack you.

They don't? mellow.gif Dang, they always seem to attack my characters. Unless they manage to sneak by undetected. I do like the fact that mammoths and giants don't attack

Map wise, I used the paper one until I got a decent idea where the different mountains and passes were. I still get characters lost around Falkreath and when it’s foggy, but then a check of the in-game map represents a solid sense of direction. I really don’t have a problem using the compass, but I also must admit that my immersion is pretty sturdy. The blood splatter is the thing that annoys me the most.

Cool on the map bit. I assumed the blood splattering around on the camera would annoy me too, but truth is I don't mind it. I just don't like getting hit!
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Mar 6 2012, 10:25 PM
Post #20

Finder
Group Icon

I'm going to throw two RP ideas before I head home. biggrin.gif
I'll see if I can post more ideas when I get home.

Warning; I'm really silly and strange, I get RP ideas out of nothing.

FOrgot to say, still have not put my ideas for the druid, fisherman, spy, necromancer, among several others, but alas, class is about to start!

Oh and the Orc Culture? Really easy, being my favorite race in TES I read up on their lore :3, Although my Orc's have all forsaken the strongholds, Usually because they were not born there, or left on their own accord.

One of my favorite Rp was the Guard, yup something so simple really caught stole my time :3, The race should be Nord, but I'm certain you pull it of with any other race. Anyway first this is first, chose a Hold you would like to defend with your life wink.gif, for me I chose Riften, just because there are Theifs who break into the NPC's houses at night, Next grab the Guard armor and weapons for the hold, which if you have seen the guards it's usually the sword and the shielf with the insigna, but some guards use two handed weapons and bows, so make sure to stock on them too!

If you want to guard a hold, but don't want to buy a house, then Marry! Of course they need a house, or at least a bed, Example Benor in Morthal, he has a bed in the barracks, you can go to sleep on the bed right when he is about to sleep, you wake up feeling your lovers comfort. Anyway, you will end up patroling your hold, really simple, your quest will be from the Jarl, as well as some made up quest! For example Godfrey's quest for his husband Balimund, he had to get several Dwemer armor and weapons from the Dwemer ruins wink.gif, that was a rather fun quest. If you want more fun spawn dragons!

Of course you're character needs to wake up early each day and make some food for the day, if your married the meal your spouse gives you will be enough, if you feel like it's going to be a long day, don't hesitate on bringing more rations.
And remember to take the day off at least once a week! And enjoy your time in the Tavern, or reading a good book.

Now for the background of the character is really up to you, Godfrey was born and raised in Riften, Balimund was his best friend, once they reached of age they both married, after a few years they adopted!
Of course Godfrey lost one of his eyes during a bandit raid, Balimund became very over protective since that day.

The treasure hunter!
I got this idea when Gilliam had Stenvar as a companion, Stenvar kept talking about how this or that will fetch alot of gold, so why not? .
Race, it's really up to you, I chose Breton.
No Weapons and Armor are not something a treasure hunter looks for! Unless he/she feels the magic spark from them, what they look for is gems! Musty Tomes, Ancient Relics, The ancient Nordic weapons also work, my point, anything that looks expensive or rare!
Now, will you go out alone? And take the riches all for yourself? Or will you cut your profits with a companion? Perhaps a spouse, My breton ended up sharing his wealth with Stenvar, they ended up getting married and now live in Solitude, Note! The life of a treasure hunter is a risky one! The treasure hunter will explore what ever caves/forts,ect that he will find, who knows what riches might lie just waiting to be taken. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Fawkes: Mar 6 2012, 10:30 PM

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:44 AM