Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim Roleplay Ideas
SubRosa
post Mar 6 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 6 2012, 01:56 PM) *

I need to learn more about Skyrim Orsimer culture for my two axes orc dude.

The town orcs are the same as town orcs in Oblivion. Basically they follow the same culture as the general population. The orcs from the strongholds are very different though. Each stronghold is ruled by a Chieftain, who is the alpha male in all respects. He is the only one who can have sex with the women, and my understanding is that every female orc amounts to his harem. Except for the shaman/priestess of Malacath, who is a female mage, and seems to be some kind of counter point to the Chief.

I think they got the idea from lion prides, but I cannot see it working. With lions, the alpha males (usually one or two) are the only males in the pride. They drive out all the others. But there are lots of males in the strongholds. Trying to stop them all from screwing would result in a never-ending chain of dead Chiefs. Although I suppose that would eventually result in only one adult male left in the entire stronghold. But with all their warriors dead from fighting over poon rights, it would make the entire stronghold easy prey for bandits and other outsiders.

So imagine they would be different. My Scylla was a Orsinium orc, so she followed Trinimac, and did not think much of the whole tribal nonsense. Especially not of the strongholds worshiping Malacath. To her mind, they were a bunch of backwards hicks.

A character that I loved from Oblivion is an Altmer ranger. SubRosa’s animal friends mod would be perfect for a mystical character, or a regular character (who lives on a console) could live in harmony with the animals the way the other animals do. (By killing and eating them when necessary.) I love that the Skyrim bears don’t always attack you. The thing I wanted most for my Oblivion ranger was a summoned bear. wub.gif This is how Jensa started out, as a Nord archer/alchemist with some illusion magic. Then she picked up a greatsword, and it was barbarian time.

You have the PC version of Oblivion right? Download my Witchcraft mod and the animals will be friendly, and summonable. Including Bears of course.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Mar 6 2012, 10:33 PM
Post #22

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 6 2012, 03:26 PM) *

I need to learn more about Skyrim Orsimer culture for my two axes orc dude.

Each stronghold is ruled by a Chieftain, who is the alpha male in all respects. He is the only one who can have sex with the women, and my understanding is that every female orc amounts to his harem.
I think they got the idea from lion prides, but I cannot see it working. With lions, the alpha males (usually one or two) are the only males in the pride. They drive out all the others. But there are lots of males in the strongholds. Trying to stop them all from screwing would result in a never-ending chain of dead Chiefs. Although I suppose that would eventually result in only one adult male left in the entire stronghold. But with all their warriors dead from fighting over poon rights, it would make the entire stronghold easy prey for bandits and other outsiders.

I never understood that, I mean you have two male Orcs who are willing to get married! And one of them respects the Stronghold, then again when ask they do mention that you are strong and worthy enough for them to marry you, eh I don't know, I just know that I'm happily married to Moth biggrin.gif
Hey you never know, maybe only the Chief is allowed to have sex with women, while the men get busy with the males? One can dream wink.gif

This post has been edited by Fawkes: Mar 6 2012, 10:36 PM

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 6 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #23

Mouth
Group Icon

Cool I like that Guard idea, KP/Fawkes. That's something I'll probably try too. Maybe I'll hybrid your Guard idea with my Son of Talos Stormcloak idea, matter of fact, since a Nord would most likely fall into this role.

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 6 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fawkes @ Mar 6 2012, 04:33 PM) *

Hey you never know, maybe only the Chief is allowed to have sex with women, while the men get busy with the males? One can dream wink.gif

That could easily be the case. Institutionalized homosexuality was not uncommon in ancient warrior societies/organizations, like that of the Spartans or the Sacred Band of Thebes.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 7 2012, 01:06 AM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 6 2012, 04:26 PM) *

The orcs from the strongholds are very different though. Each stronghold is ruled by a Chieftain, who is the alpha male in all respects. He is the only one who can have sex with the women, and my understanding is that every female orc amounts to his harem.

Well, that makes the orc’s backstory write itself. Born at a stronghold, smiths two axes, and gets the heck out. kvleft.gif

I actually did download your Witchcraft mod for Sorenil the Altmer ranger, summoning those animals sounds awesome. But before I installed it I decided that I wanted the Cyrodiil animals to treat him like everyone else in the game. He ended up using a summoned clannfear. I can’t remember what killed him. Probably an animal.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Mar 7 2012, 01:42 AM
Post #26

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 6 2012, 06:06 PM) *

Well, that makes the orc’s backstory write itself. Born at a stronghold, smiths two axes, and gets the heck out. kvleft.gif .

Most Orc's join the Legion wink.gif, so your orc joined the legion, vastly enjoyed life outside of the stronghold, decided to stay outside? Or something like that xD

I have the feeling that the ritual stone will do well for a druid roleplay, I mean you could kill bunch of animals before heading to a dungeon so you could "cleanse" the place from the evils against nature, arrange animals in a ritualistic circle, cast the Ritual power! And wala you have a small army of animals helping you!

Or something like that, Hehe I'll have to play around with my druid, also the wolf you can conjure can be your spirit animal.

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 7 2012, 05:47 AM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

These RP ideas sound cool!... smile.gif ...

Sadly Robert's RP-ing tends to fall into the "What shall I do on this game then?...Oh, I know...Magic Knight!!!"...

And that's me...Every game...Essentially Templ*Cough*...Knight of The Nine every time... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 7 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Geez. I thought Bounty Hunters were uncommon. But I love the Bounty Hunter idea.

I had an Imperial male character that was tribune and later a Pentulus Oculatus. Brash, mean, the Thalmor of the Empire. Lost rank and position for his heinous acts of brutality. Has borderline personality disorder.

The Inquisitor RP sounds great! Very good. I was wondering if there could be a political aspect to it, not only hack and slash but a mixture of adventure, action, mystery and of course humorous comedy along a storyline.

Maybe we can add various episodic RP's that can branch out into different storylines. Such as the sacking of the Imperial City we can form a group and migrate to Skyrim or any other province where we could all take to our own mini quests and sorts.

--------------------
And yet I am, and liveā€”like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass belowā€”above the vaulted sky.ā€¯
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 7 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #29

Mouth
Group Icon

Good ideas, DE. thanks for sharing. I also like to think that if Cyrodiil is now supposed to be run-down, lots of ideas could come from this because..well..lots of PC's want to get rich. They want to go where they know they can possibly find fame and glory, as well.

I'm finding this next idea to be a convenient backstory when i can't think of anything else (it's the "backstory" I used for a couple of my Sky characters so far).

Adventurers Wanted

With a couple of my characters (Thor a'Zaene the Nordic figher and Crystal Beth the high elf mage) I've come up with a convenient backstory that works generically with them and probably several of my future characters. this is the "adventurers wanted" idea. Here's how it works.

I had several Oblivion characters who basically did LOTS of dungeon-diving and plundering. Renee Gade, Renee Gade II, Dyan phor a'Cauz, Lady Saga, Eradi~Kate, and The Grey Wizard are some examples. Basically, I like to think that after all of these plunderers, the great forts, Ayleid ruins, caves (etc.) have all been picked clean.

Fast-forward 200 years. We're now deep into the 4th era, and the stories of those past Cyrodiilic adventurers have long become a part of current Tamriellic lore, possibly handed down several generations amongst humans (possibly elves, orcs, and beastfolk as well) from adult to child. As time goes on, there are always going to be treasure hunters, of course. Some of them dive into Cyrodiil's dungeons only to find??? NOTHING! There's nothing to find.

So, this is why we're starting to see a few select and dedicated individuals who are coming to Skyrim. Looking for adventuring possibilities. Are the Nordic and Dwemer ruins of Skyrim still packed with treasures, the way Cyrodiil's dungeons once were? Turns out they are. wink.gif It gives an automatic motive, and makes sense at the beginning of the game, since we start on a cart that is moving into Skyrim from Cyrodiil or somewhere else.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 6 2012, 05:36 PM) *

That could easily be the case. Institutionalized homosexuality was not uncommon in ancient warrior societies/organizations, like that of the Spartans or the Sacred Band of Thebes.

What do you mean by institutionalized?

QUOTE(Fawkes @ Mar 6 2012, 07:42 PM) *

I have the feeling that the ritual stone will do well for a druid roleplay, I mean you could kill bunch of animals before heading to a dungeon so you could "cleanse" the place from the evils against nature, arrange animals in a ritualistic circle, cast the Ritual power! And wala you have a small army of animals helping you!

Or something like that, Hehe I'll have to play around with my druid, also the wolf you can conjure can be your spirit animal.

COOL. OMG thanks penguin...er...um...Fawkes. I'll definitely keep this one in mind when I finally play my druid. The way things are going, this looks as if it might start to happen in the Year 2014 or so. lol.

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Mar 6 2012, 11:47 PM) *

These RP ideas sound cool!... smile.gif ...

thanks.

Like I said, I've been wanting to start a thread like this over at that other website, but there wouldn't be much point, as it would just get bumped off the front page, possibly in a matter of minutes. The other day, I got curious and did some Skyrim posting over at that "other" website, wound up getting caught up in yet another flame war. All I said is it's possible to get "surprised in ambush" in Skyrim. That's all. And I get flamed over that! laugh.gif Some kid starts putting me down and stuff. Sheesh. wacko.gif And I can't help getting caught up in the melee, either. I'm therefore just as guilty as him, because I have trouble ignoring people.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 7 2012, 05:40 PM
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 7 2012, 05:44 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

I don't participate in many Skyrim threads in the BethSoft forums just because of people like that. Since Mass Effect 3 launched yesterday, maybe some people will have moved on to that.

I had an Argonian battle mage for a while that became a fairly famous bounty hunter in Whiterun. He had to leave because the Companions didn't like him freelancing and he didn't want to join them for various reasons. He ended up leaving after a fight in the Bannered Mare and left for another hold... only to get run out of that town after a murder was pinned on him.

I don't think I have his save file anymore though.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 7 2012, 06:33 PM
Post #31

Master
Group Icon

The folks at the Bethesda forums are slow. Hopefully here the RP will last and bear fruit! I usually RP females at times, like the tom-boyish arm-wrestle and wins Moon-born Bounty Huntress. But I'll probably add two guys this time around.

And lets begin the votes! I am in favor of the Vigilants questline! I always killed them in the game, but some true interaction would be nice.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 7 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #32

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 7 2012, 11:44 AM) *

I don't participate in many Skyrim threads in the BethSoft forums just because of people like that.

Heh. I can't help it. Chorrol's Skyrim forums are pretty slow, so I wind up going over to BS. where there's always some immediate Skyrim discussion. But I"m always sorry after I do this. nono.gif

Hopefully you're right about ME3, but I feel it'll be a long time before those forums feel "safe". In the meantime, I'll be here, of course.

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Mar 7 2012, 12:33 PM) *

And lets begin the votes! I am in favor of the Vigilants questline! I always killed them in the game, but some true interaction would be nice.

I haven't even finished any major questlines yet, except Mage's Guild, so I don't think I can vote yet. Other than MG, my characters so far just to lots of bounty work, dungeon-diving, exploring, and a couple of them have dabbled in the Companions.
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 7 2012, 07:51 PM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 7 2012, 07:11 PM) *

I haven't even finished any major questlines yet, except Mage's Guild, so I don't think I can vote yet. Other than MG, my characters so far just to lots of bounty work, dungeon-diving, exploring, and a couple of them have dabbled in the Companions.

The Vigilants of Stendarr don't really have any major questlines. They are not even a joinable faction. Just a bunch of crazies killing things. It leaves room for improvement. And they have been around ever since the end of the Oblivion crisis, so the ground is fertile for a good story revolving them and etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 7 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #34

Mouth
Group Icon

OH! I get it now. Thanks Darkness
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 8 2012, 12:27 AM
Post #35

Mouth
Group Icon

Sorry for the double-post, I wanted to add another one! smile.gif I think maybe I need to contact the mods because I'm not sure if this should be spoiler section or not.

NO DRAGONS
I don't know about you, but I'm just not ready for dragons in my games yet. I want to get really good and experienced first. Maybe I'll someday do a game with dragons flying around, but for my current characters, the idea is terrifying! Especially for DiD types.

I actually implemented this idea naturally during my very first game with Blade 'n' Bone, my first Nordic fighter. How do you create a dragon free game? Easy. don't speak to the Jarls who demand to know about them! Don't follow any text that mentions dragons. If I see an NPC wanting to know about them, I usually just back out of the conversation as soon as I can.

Yes, this limits the game, because I can't buy any houses yet, and my characters probably do wind up missing out on some very cool stuff. But I don't want dragons! I'm a wimp and I dont' want 'em. Not yet.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 8 2012, 12:32 AM
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 8 2012, 12:30 AM
Post #36

Master
Group Icon

They make for some interesting fights when you do get them. I've got a video of a dragon plowing into the ground right on top of Kharjo! (Aravi's follower)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 8 2012, 12:42 AM
Post #37

Mouth
Group Icon

*shudders*
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 8 2012, 12:48 AM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

All of my games are dragon free (well, except for that fella who rescues my characters from the Imperials at the start of the game). Just do not finish the Bleak Falls Barrow quest for Farengar and your skies will always be friendly. Technically you can still do it. The dragons are triggered when you go back to Whiterun and give Farengar the dragonstone. You can do anything you want with any other Jarl. It is that one thing that starts it.

I found out because I went through the quest scripts when I made a mod that disables dragons. The only downside to this is that you can never get the Whiterun house, or Lydia as a follower. That is something I fixed in my mod, which allows you to give Farengar the stone, become thane, get Lydia, and be able to buy the house, without the main quest ever going farther and triggering the dragons.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 8 2012, 12:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 8 2012, 12:58 AM
Post #39

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 7 2012, 05:42 PM) *

*shudders*

He actually survived much to my surprise.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 8 2012, 01:01 AM
Post #40

Mouth
Group Icon

Sooooo what you're saying SubRosa is I can get a house? Just not the Whiterun one? Or can I just not buy a house, period?

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 8 2012, 01:03 AM
+Quote Post

15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:26 AM