15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skyrim Roleplay Ideas
SubRosa
post Mar 8 2012, 01:02 AM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

Using the mod I created you can buy Breezehome without dragons. Without mods you cannnot. But even without mods you can still become thane of any other hold and buy the house there without triggering the dragons.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 8 2012, 01:04 AM
Post #42

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 7 2012, 07:02 PM) *

Using the mod I created you can buy Breezehome without dragons. Without mods you cannnot. But even without mods you can still become thane of any other hold and buy the house there without triggering the dragons.

Yaah! I can buy a house! Beth can buy a house! Yahhh! I'm like dancing right now ha ha....
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 8 2012, 03:20 AM
Post #43

Master
Group Icon

Wait, is this about buying houses in the RP?

I agree with no dragons. I only played the main quest to get my trophies because a friend bragged he had more trophies than me. Other than that, four of my five characters are not dragonborn..

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Mar 8 2012, 05:37 AM
Post #44

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 7 2012, 06:01 PM) *

Sooooo what you're saying SubRosa is I can get a house? Just not the Whiterun one? Or can I just not buy a house, period?

Riften, Markath, and Solitude are the houses that you can get without spawning dragons.
That and if the person you marry has a house.

I only spawned Dragons twice, one to finish the main quest, and another to finish the Imperial Civil war Quest line.

This post has been edited by Fawkes: Mar 8 2012, 05:45 AM

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 8 2012, 06:15 AM
Post #45

Master
Group Icon

I have yet to finish the main quest. I was pretty close once from what I gather. I haven't touched the DB or the TG. I don't care for evil characters. I'll have to create throw away characters for those quests. Maybe DiD.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Mar 8 2012, 06:17 AM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 8 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #46

Mouth
Group Icon

Cool that rocks, everyone. If this were 3 or 4 months ago I would have been crying spoiler! But that's a spoiler I don't mind getting.

King Coin: that's not a bad idea: making your evil character DiD. you might still wind up getting attached to 'em though. During character creation, perhaps you can choose your least favorite race, and don't spend any time making the character look to your liking.

My very first character Blade 'n' Bone was dead is dead. I knew he wouldn't last long, but I just wanted to learn the game a bit, get into the game for a little while and just see how things work. What I did with him (so I wouldn't get attached to him) is I used the default Nord face. No character creation at all!

He only lasted until 11/13/11. When he died, I did get a little upset, I pretty much always do.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 8 2012, 01:24 PM
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 8 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #47

Master
Group Icon

So when do we get to roleplay?

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 8 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

DiD for my evil character might backfire on me like you pointed out. It will definitely make their life more intense and I might get too attached just because of that.

@Darkness Eternal: I don't think this is a thread like what you are thinking. It would be in the RP section if it was.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Mar 8 2012, 10:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 9 2012, 01:06 AM
Post #49

Mouth
Group Icon

What's your least favorite race, Coin? Or do you have a least fave?
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 9 2012, 01:14 AM
Post #50

Master
Group Icon

Probably orcs. I've never had an orc before. An orc thief or assassin? That's pretty funny.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 9 2012, 01:28 AM
Post #51

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 8 2012, 07:14 PM) *

Probably orcs. I've never had an orc before. An orc thief or assassin? That's pretty funny.

Do it! devilsmile.gif
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 9 2012, 01:59 PM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin)
I haven't touched the DB or the TG. I don't care for evil characters.

The daughter made a character simply to do both those...Amie Durer (A murderer)...She was ace...And she did a load of Daedric quests too...She seemed to have a blast...But could I get my head around it?...Nope...I cannot even start those...I killed the DB and haven't been anywhere near the TG other than the section in the MQ where you have to...

My son made an Orc character...He was cool, he had luminous blue hair!...The Orc, not the boy biggrin.gif ...But then the boy stopped playing him... sad.gif ...

I made my Argonian character, J'Drell as a laugh, and some other way of playing...He was all about speechcraft and going into dungeons and "Blundering" his way through them and spending the money on cheese...No, really... biggrin.gif ...

Aaand then, as he kept levelling up, I realised how fond of him I was getting, and suddenly he was full-on Knight and then I got him a complete enhanced glass armour set and made him Green Lantern of Cyrodiil...And he is genuinely the best character I've had on Oblivion...

I remade him for RP purposes on Skyrim, but haven't done much with him so far...Been too busy with the other Knights...
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 9 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #53

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Mar 9 2012, 06:59 AM) *

...and haven't been anywhere near the TG other than the section in the MQ where you have to...

You don't have to, my character wasn't interested in stealing something for that guy, so she walked away. It turns out the innkeeper can direct you in the right direction.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 9 2012, 03:07 PM
Post #54

Councilor
Group Icon

Im keeping my thief character (Allek the Breton) until hes gone through his questlines, just so I can see what theyre about. He wont be dead-is-dead because I dont want to go back over ground that doesnt interest me so much. Though the threat might actually make it interesting. Hmm

The Boy made a bulked-up Nord character with a huge beard for his assassin. Its hilarious. Hes having a blast.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 9 2012, 03:54 PM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 9 2012, 08:07 AM) *

Im keeping my thief character (Allek the Breton) until hes gone through his questlines, just so I can see what theyre about. He wont be dead-is-dead because I dont want to go back over ground that doesnt interest me so much. Though the threat might actually make it interesting. Hmm

The Boy made a bulked-up Nord character with a huge beard for his assassin. Its hilarious. Hes having a blast.

I was going to do something similar for an orc thief. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 9 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #56

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Mar 9 2012, 01:43 PM) *

You don't have to, my character wasn't interested in stealing something for that guy, so she walked away. It turns out the innkeeper can direct you in the right direction.

Ah, sorry mate sad.gif ...One of the joys of clock-watching on my dinner hour...I should have said I wouldn't go near them except the point where you have to go down the Ratways and through the TG bunch...

I'm pretty sure that up thurr is what I did...I know I never nicked that stuff for Brynjolf...No way...Oooh, maybe I intimidated him, thinking about it?...Olfsson was pretty intimidating at that point... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 9 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #57

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Mar 9 2012, 11:48 AM) *

Ah, sorry mate sad.gif ...One of the joys of clock-watching on my dinner hour...I should have said I wouldn't go near them except the point where you have to go down the Ratways and through the TG bunch...

I'm pretty sure that up thurr is what I did...I know I never nicked that stuff for Brynjolf...No way...Oooh, maybe I intimidated him, thinking about it?...Olfsson was pretty intimidating at that point... biggrin.gif ...

Ah I see what you are saying. My character had to pay a pretty steep bribe after that to someone she was sure was part of the TG. Oh well. She doesn't normally fight anyone that isn't openly hostile so she just paid.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lady Saga
post Mar 9 2012, 09:08 PM
Post #58

Mouth
Group Icon

Hey McBadgere cool stories. I like that name: Amie Durer! How cute. how old are your kids? My daugther's just turned 8 and is in first grade now. She has no idea what TES is, and I'm not about to tell her "mommy" plays these games. She just knows I plays Sims once in a while. She gets nightmares, though, so I don't think she's ready for TES.

One day I'll introduce her to TES, and i think I'll definitely start with Oblivion. It's more traditional fairy-talish and probalby willl be easier for her to understand and accept.

QUOTE(Grits @ Mar 9 2012, 09:07 AM) *

If you've never done DiD before, you don't wanna start with a character whom you know you're going to do a lot of quests with, or who you've already invested a lot of time with. It's too much pressure if you've never tried this before (I"m assuming you've never tried this before, but correct me if I'm wrong). Instead, try making a character that (at first) doesn't do any quests. Or he or she can just do easier quests, nothing too extensive.

The very challenge of keeping such a character alive as he/she travels from place to place (or whatever) is actually a quest in and of itself in a way! You may find yourself creating strategies you normally wouldn't have thought of, also.

Another thing: I have one rule with DiD. If a character dies because of a game-glitch I'll rule the death unfair. Like if he gets stuck in an area where he should be able to just walk over, but a terrain feature like a small crack in the ground won't let him, and then he dies as he's running in place, that's an unfair death. The death has to be something I could have prevented, without game interference.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Mar 9 2012, 09:16 PM
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Mar 9 2012, 09:54 PM
Post #59

Councilor
Group Icon

Girl is 13 grumblemuttersnassnfrassnstroppycow *Cough*...And Boy is 11...

We've had Oblivion since...September or October 2010...So however old they were then is when we let them play...There's nothing in the games that the kids can't handle...*Shrug*...The cartoons on The Cartoon Network and stuff are worse than Oblivion...And now we've got Skyrim too...

They're pretty good gamers RPG-wise...Bless them... biggrin.gif ...

Have to remind the boy to not spend all his gold on useless enchanting or weapons, but he's good in a fight... biggrin.gif ...

He was the first to do Orc or Khajiit in th'house... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 9 2012, 10:41 PM
Post #60

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Mar 9 2012, 03:08 PM) *
If you've never done DiD before, you don't wanna start with a character whom you know you're going to do a lot of quests with, or who you've already invested a lot of time with. It's too much pressure if you've never tried this before (I"m assuming you've never tried this before, but correct me if I'm wrong).

I have, but thanks for the advice. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

15 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:31 AM