6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you wearing? What are you wielding?, The Skyrim Version
SubRosa
post Aug 20 2014, 04:30 PM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

Doesn't the Sky version of Chillrend also paralyze people for 10 seconds per hit? I thought it was so overpowered just from that I never used it.

Wow, that's a really bad day to work at Windhelm's stables! I after the fight the first guard said: "My brother's out fighting dragons, and I get stuck out here in the sticks with this crazy old woman."

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 20 2014, 11:58 PM
Post #42

Councilor
Group Icon

Two dragons. Two was enough! laugh.gif The Khajiit caravan was there, too, so it was quite an event. Marius took a position on the hillside and shot over the mosh pit when they landed.

I like enemies to hit hard, but I would never play a character that uses Destruction for their primary damage on anything higher than Adept. (The Zanimal also conjures and uses his enchanted greatsword.) I sometimes forget to turn it back down for Darnand, and his first completely ineffective dual-cast fireball always lets me know something is very wrong!

Sky Chillrend has a chance to paralyze for 2 seconds, which the way Marius fights works out to maybe once per dungeon. The version that Marius got (it’s leveled) does 15 frost damage. Its base damage is 2 points higher than his Nightingale Blade. At this point he’s finding better blades, but Chillrend really does look… er, cool. Lol.

This post has been edited by Grits: Aug 20 2014, 11:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 21 2014, 12:55 AM
Post #43

Paladin
Group Icon

Renee, don't feel badly. I thought perhaps I saw a third dragon in the distance as well. But Grits is right - two is enough!

I quite dislike the 'chance' to do 'X' type of enchantments. Buffy's pretty frail and she needs to KNOW what she's gonna get. Lol.

I'm very happy and surprised with Buffy's wardrobe, seeing as she was a real clothes horse in OB. Her full mage robes, leathers, furs, scaled are all in her bag of holding gathering dust. She sleeps in an unhooded monks robe and 'taverns' in a vanilla blue dress. Her 'Venturewear is three colors of Triss armor and three hoods we just made (brown, green, white). The hoods are taken from the long mage/monk robes and include that scarf/shawl thing that drapes down the back like a mini cape. They beat the socks off the hood + cape we were using and provide just the right touch to Triss for inclement weather. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 21 2014, 06:54 PM
Post #44

Master
Group Icon

Alise loves those mantles! She uses one all the time with her Resist Frost enchanted wolfskin cloak she picked up off of an unlucky bandit. It's great for the northern climes.

She's experimenting with several types of light armor ATM and right now is wearing Elven Rogue Armor by NanaBeats. It's no longer up on the Nexus forums, so I'm not sure what happened. But I like it much better than the standard Elven armor, which seems like too much metal for my character. Alise also likes that it's a dark color, rather than the golden color which always seemed too garish for her.

What Alise likes doing more is smithing up various heavy armors for her housecarls. Rayya has a set of Imperial Legion armors from this mod. Argis and Lydia are presently sporting heavy armors from here I have to say that the Akaviri Samurai armor Lydia is using looks awesome on her.

This post has been edited by haute ecole rider: Aug 21 2014, 06:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 21 2014, 08:37 PM
Post #45

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh, now I see the fluff/shadow that looks like a distant dragon! Oops. Sorry about that, folks! I’m just glad my snow fluffs don’t look like dandelion seeds anymore. laugh.gif

I’m with you and Buffy, Acadian. I prefer the certainty of paralysis poison if the target really must drop. Marius is my problem child, though. Lol. What a great idea to make hooded shoulder-wraps for Buffy. A hood plus cloak does tend to overwhelm a petite figure. I get such a smile imagining Buffy relaxing fireside in her blue dress. happy.gif

haute, what armor does Alise have Argis wearing? The Argis fan club (me) wants to know. biggrin.gif

Marius has finally styled his pal Arissa the Wandering Rogue to his liking. We have tried just about everything on that woman. Marius is not interested in her that way (his words), but he does have to look at her a lot and he has standards. Anyway she’s wearing the “Thief’s” version of Triss armor – the dark gray but not jet black variety. What a wonderfully versatile outfit!

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 21 2014, 09:31 PM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

ATM Argis is wearing the Nordic Carved Armor - it looks simply awesome, especially with the Ornate Bearclaw Cloak from Winter Is Coming. I do try to give my companions serious armor, whether light or heavy. Earlier, he was trying out the Witchplate Armor from the Immersive Armor mod, it looked pretty cool on him, but I thought it looked better on Lydia.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 21 2014, 09:39 PM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Aug 21 2014, 01:54 PM) *

I have to say that the Akaviri Samurai armor Lydia is using looks awesome on her.

I like the Samuraied up Blades armor from this mod, as well as the kimonos.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 21 2014, 10:44 PM
Post #48

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh, I think the Nordic Carved Armor looks great on a big warrior fellow (like Argis). And, of course, I simply love the Triss outfit on rogues/mages. happy.gif

Grits, I just spent quite a bit of time reviewing that Arissa mod. Wow, it sounds fabulous! I'm really impressed with both Anduniel and Inigo (have both in Buffy's game). I was so impressed to see that Arrissa plays nicely with Convenient Horses and AFT - as I love both those support mods.

Edit: Somehow I had 'Aris' when I meant 'Argis' above.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Aug 22 2014, 03:01 PM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 21 2014, 11:45 PM
Post #49

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Aug 21 2014, 01:54 PM) *

But I like it much better than the standard Elven armor, which seems like too much metal for my character.

I've always thought elven looks like something out of an alien movie from the 1960s. I appreciate it because it is pretty radical, but none of mine have ever chosen to wear a full elven suit.

If I ever continue Master Baytor's game (he's an Altmer) I think he'd be the first to wear elven, just because he would look so ridiculous / over-the-top in golden gear.

; Fundament - Skill Rates
; -----------------------
; This file configures Fundament with suggested skill use rates. These settings
; are based on those used by Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, but they are modified
; with the assumption that all features of Bundlement will be in use. Note that
; although these rates are based on OOO's, the pacing is matched to vanilla,
; i.e. a 1x overall rate rather than the 3x rate provided by OOO, because GRC
; allows you to adjust the overall rate in a much cleaner way. (Use the basic
; GRC defaults with this, not the version intended for OOO.)
;
; This file is not loaded automatically. For instructions on how to load it,
; see Fundament.ini.

; COMBAT SKILLS

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "12" ; Armorer
set fd.Value to 1.75
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "13" ; Athletics
set fd.Value to 0.03 ; Per second running
setstage fd 1
set fd.Use to sv_Construct "13" ; Athletics
set fd.Which to 1 ; Per second swimming
set fd.Value to 0.075 ; Run and swim can stack!
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "14" ; Blade
set fd.Value to 0.5
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "15" ; Block
set fd.Value to 0.5
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "16" ; Blunt
set fd.Value to 0.5
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "17" ; Hand To Hand
set fd.Value to 0.6
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "18" ; Heavy Armor
set fd.Value to 0.375
setstage fd 1

; MAGIC SKILLS

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "19" ; Alchemy
set fd.Value to 0.618 ; Per potion created
setstage fd 1
set fd.Use to sv_Construct "19" ; Alchemy
set fd.Which to 1 ; Per ingredient eaten
set fd.Value to 0.018
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "20" ; Alteration
set fd.Value to 0.2 ; On spell cast
setstage fd 1
set fd.Use to sv_Construct "20" ; Alteration
set fd.Which to 1 ; On spell hit
set fd.Value to 1.0
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "21" ; Conjuration
set fd.Value to 0 ; On spell cast
setstage fd 1
set fd.Use to sv_Construct "21" ; Conjuration
set fd.Value to 1.0
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "22" ; Destruction
setstage fd 1
set fd.Use to sv_Construct "22" ; Destruction
set fd.Value to 1.0
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "23" ; Illusion
setstage fd 1
set fd.Use to sv_Construct "23" ; Illusion
set fd.Value to 1.0
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "24" ; Mysticism
set fd.Value to 0 ; On spell cast
setstage fd 1
set fd.Use to sv_Construct "24" ; Mysticism
set fd.Value to 1.0
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "25" ; Restoration
setstage fd 1
set fd.Use to sv_Construct "25" ; Restoration
set fd.Value to 1.0
setstage fd 1

; STEALTH SKILLS

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "26" ; Acrobatics
set fd.Value to 0.345 ; Per jump
setstage fd 1
set fd.Use to sv_Construct "26" ; Acrobatics
set fd.Which to 1 ; Per 10 falling damage
set fd.Value to 3.45
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "27" ; Light Armor
set fd.Value to 0.625
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "28" ; Marksman
set fd.Value to 0.5
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "29" ; Mercantile
set fd.Value to 0.435
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "30" ; Security
set fd.Value to 1.5
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "31" ; Sneak
set fd.Value to 0.05 ; Per second evading notice
setstage fd 1
set fd.Use to sv_Construct "31" ; Sneak
set fd.Which to 1 ; Per pickpocket attempt
set fd.Value to 2.0
setstage fd 1

set fd.Use to sv_Construct "32" ; Speechcraft
set fd.Value to 2.4
setstage fd 1

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Oct 12 2014, 04:41 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 22 2014, 02:18 PM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

Yay for Nordic Carved, I love that armor on the big guys and gals. Stenvar wears it in Jensa’s game, and I’ve always admired it on Frea.

Acadian, I have enjoyed Arissa quit a bit. A wonderful feature for Marius is that they can temporarily split up when they enter cities through a very natural dialog option. It’s a small thing but it really brings her to life. He’s actually run into her in other people’s houses while he’s been in there up to no good. hehe.gif

I think the golden Elven armor is beautiful but requires some effort to make it work with a character. I have a holy fire warrior idea that I think will go for the look. She is supposed to look shiny and fabulous and full of herself with fancy feathers and such, because she is all that. tongue.gif Also it’s hard for me to overcome the Elven armor’s association with the Thalmor patrols. My Altmer characters have chosen other armor to disassociate themselves from the Thalmor.

I’ve found the glass set to be equally challenging but just as fun once a character embraces the outlandish look. DovahKen dressed Erik the Slayer up in a full glass set. He looked ridiculous at first but then I got used to it and really enjoyed the way light looks in the metal and glass part of the armor. DovahKen was short so he got to see a lot of Erik’s shoulders. I’m sure whatever DovahKen was wearing at the time looked equally outrageous.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 22 2014, 04:42 PM
Post #51

Councilor
Group Icon

My experiment with Elys using a two-handed sword and no armour (just spells) is working much better now. She got the Axe of Fiery Souls, and put the enchantment onto her sword. The fire part is a fixed 10 points regardless of skill or soul gem, and the variables are the duration and number of charges. Since she's gathering souls rather rapidly, the number of charges doesn't matter much, and a low duration is equally insignificant for a weapon she uses all the time, as long as its charge lasts for the whole battle.

The small boost from the fire damage seems to make a lot of difference, but that may be because it stacks on subsequent swings (extra damage to targets already on fire).

She's wearing horns in the circlet slot, hooves as boots, and has piercings in the body slot (plus her tail). It doesn't seem right to enchant any part of her person, but the jewels may get something later.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 22 2014, 05:11 PM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

I love the Elven armor in Skyrim. It was one of my favs in Oblivion, and they fixed those silly boots in the Skyrimized version! laugh.gif I agree that it isn't for everyone. It is more for the fancy-looking character, not the rough and tumble types. At first I associated with the Thalmor too. But once I finally admitted to myself that elves are indeed superior to all other forms of life, I did not mind anymore. wink.gif

I love the Nordic Carved. It was perfect for Hrafngoelir.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 22 2014, 05:47 PM
Post #53

Councilor
Group Icon

The Nordic Carved Helm is about the only one my characters would want to wear. What's the point of spending ages in chargen making 'em look good, just to hide it all inside a can?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 22 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #54

Paladin
Group Icon

Before we got any mods, one of my fave outfits on Buffy was the Imperial light armor with Imperial bracers and hide boots - just the perfect blend of flattering and practical.

Unfortunately, the first time she wore it into a camp of Stormcloaks, one of the Nord women there pulled her aside and warned her that wearing Imperial stuff around the Stormcloaks could get her killed. kvright.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Aug 22 2014, 09:38 PM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

Yup, agree with that, Paladin.

Alise had second thoughts about having Rayya wear Imperial, being so close to Falkreath (still Stormcloak territory). So she gave Rayya a extra set of Witchplate armor, which Rayya likes very much.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 23 2014, 12:06 AM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

I like the tunic part of the Imperial Studded Armor, with the mail over the leather. But I never liked the man-skirts on all the Imperial armors. They look wrong for Skyrim's climate. I think the Imperials would be freezing their little legionaries off. The Romans stationed in places like Britain and Germany wore trousers for a reason...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 23 2014, 08:30 PM
Post #57

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 22 2014, 04:20 PM) *

Unfortunately, the first time she wore it into a camp of Stormcloaks, one of the Nord women there pulled her aside and warned her that wearing Imperial stuff around the Stormcloaks could get her killed. kvright.gif

Whoa really? I had no idea they actually say this. Haven't gotten very far with Civil War quest, nor have I had anybody wear Imperial and / or Stormcloak gear in an opposing camp of soldiers

I can remember early in my Oblivion days (2008 or 2009) one of my first characters wore some Necromancer robes into the Bruma Mage's Guild, for no reason at all. She just wore it. She goes to speak to the lady who leads that particular chapter, and this lady actually reprimanded her "Don't you dare come wearing that in here!" ... something like this. It only happened just that once. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Aug 23 2014, 08:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 23 2014, 09:19 PM
Post #58

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Aug 23 2014, 12:30 PM) *
... Whoa really? I had no idea they actually say this. Haven't gotten very far with Civil War quest, nor have I had anybody wear Imperial and / or Stormcloak gear in an opposing camp of soldiers.

Yup. During Buffy's first playthrough. She quite liked that Imp light tunic armor. She's never gotten involved in the civil war. Li'l Miss Neutrality wandered into the Stormcloak camp near the road between Helgen and Ivarstead. It was one of the Stormcloak woman that told her something like "You've got a lot of nerve walking in here wearing Imperal armor!" The woman then sat down and didn't pursue it, happily. Still, it was enough to put Buffy off the Imp armor anyway. She likes and dislikes both sides about the same I figure. The Stormies hate elves and the Imps tried to behead her. The only one who has intervened to save her is. . . Alduin! laugh.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 11 2014, 10:10 PM
Post #59

Councilor
Group Icon

I’ve spent some time with Jensa lately. She wore her Stormcloak uniform throughout the war, but now that it’s over and she’s reached level 50 I think it’s safe to say she has settled on her look. Funnily enough it’s pretty much the same look she started off with.

Cold Weather Furs and Hood

Warm Weather Ranger Kit

In town Jensa favors blue dresses and white furs. Her jewelry is always her wedding ring and her Amulet of Talos, plus she has a circlet that looks pretty and fortifies Marksman. When she’s conducting business on behalf of High King Ulfric throughout the Holds she wears a copy of his outfit thanks to a mod. At court at the Palace of Kings she wears the different Fine Clothes and Fine Boots that go with them.

Her favored blade is still the Skyforged greatsword that Eorlund gave her, but she also carries the Stormblade which is enchanted with shock damage. She uses a dragonbone bow and dragonbone arrows. After all she does spend a lot of time shooting at dragons. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 11 2014, 10:41 PM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

I think it is funny that Ulfric's outfit does not look at all like Ulfric's Outfit! That was one I tried on when experimenting with Lucia's clothes. I still love how it looks though.

Jensa's outfits are very functional and down to nirn, like their wearer. The chest area of the warm weather one certainly makes the temperature rise! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:13 AM