3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is your character a Milk Drinker?
Renee
post Feb 21 2015, 01:59 AM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Is your character a milk drinker? ... I am not going to define what exactly a 'milk drinker' is, so you all can interpret this in any way you like. What exactly is a milk drinker? It's open for interpretation.

I would say my main gal right now, Claire Voyance, definitely is. She's got that wholesome look and 'can do' attitude. She's a go-getter. A mental cheerleader. And righteous. And sometimes annoying to the people who know her the most.

And she actually does drink a lot of milk, too. Not all of my characters do, that's for sure. I have a new character I'm creating who will probably wind up doing Thieves Guild, and he definitely won't be a milk drinker. Alcohol? Oh yes. Milk? Oh no.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Feb 21 2015, 02:08 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 21 2015, 02:09 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Persephone is definitely not a milk-drinker. Not anymore at least. She was when she was alive. Like Claire, she was absolutely committed to fighting for truth, justice, and the Cyrodiilic way. But being dead changed her outlook on life... Now she is a not an anything-drinker. Though she tries to remember what that felt like, and what it felt like to feel. She wants to. She just does not know how to stir her dead heart.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 21 2015, 02:11 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Feb 21 2015, 01:57 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Lucius is occasionally a milk drinker but most of the time he prefers mead. In the other context, he's not a milk drinker, but he knows how to calm those calling him a milk drinker, without killing them.

This post has been edited by Lopov: Feb 21 2015, 07:00 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 21 2015, 04:02 PM
Post #4

Paladin
Group Icon

I interpret milk drinker as wimpy, skittish, fearful and not afraid to run away. So Buffy is definitely a milk drinker. When she encounters those grumpy adventurers on the road who say, "Go home to your mother, milk drinker!" she meekly picks the "I'll be leaving now," response. Then she moves away from them debating whether to kill them from the hidden safety of range and stealth with her mighty bow. Usually however, she just 'lets them go'.

Buffy's physical presence cannot even intimidate a mud crab, so she's adapted to take advantage of the skills and talents that she does have. She's never brawled or intimidated in her life but, by the same token, she's never ever failed a persuasion attempt.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 21 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

This is such a silly thread! The question does come up (for me at least). What is a milk drinker supposed to be?

And another question: why does a single NPC call my character a milk drinker, even though she has two other people with her? Lol.. They see Claire with an archer and a big, brawny Imperial steel-wearing guy, and they pick a fight with us?

Anyways. I think I am going to create a milk drinker thread over at Beth. smile.gif And just leave it open for interpretation, ya know, like all these different people are going to have some different opinions and stuff.

Lord Haaf-Mersey? Definite milk drinker. Skankee Krahk-ho?? No.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Feb 21 2015, 07:06 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Feb 21 2015, 06:52 PM) *
And another question: why does a single NPC call my character a milk drinker, even though she has two other people with her?

I guess that the answer can be as good as why do people of Skyrim talk with their relatives about the exactly same subject from dawn 'til dusk? They're not too bright, I'd say, or have some troubles with short-term memory. wink.gif The same might be for people calling others "milk-drinkers", they can't talk about anything else, must be a curse of living in Skyrim. Or perhaps they forgot that they saw Claire with her guards just a few seconds ago.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 21 2015, 07:16 PM
Post #7

Paladin
Group Icon

I found it adorable that when Buffy did the Companions questline, the Companions initially referred to her not only as a milk drinker, but as a snow berry. Snow berry! IPB Image

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 21 2015, 08:56 PM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

Whoa, where'd you get that bouncing purple emoticon? biggrin.gif Snowberry is cute! .. I never heard that one. Probably because I have only had Nords and Imperials join Companions.

I guess that the answer can be as good as why do people of Skyrim talk with their relatives about the exactly same subject from dawn 'til dusk? They're not too bright, I'd say, or have some troubles with short-term memory.

It's so funny too, because now that I have access to mods which silence these conversations, I don't even use them! ... Not with Claire's game, anyways. I just listen to these conversations and crack up. I also don't use No_More_NPC_Greetings in her game. I just laugh sometimes when people try to lay out their life story at her feet, and she brushes them off because she's already too busy. smile.gif

The Mighty Khahkhayre? No, not a milk drinker. And Crystal Beth was vegetarian so....

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Feb 21 2015, 08:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Feb 21 2015, 09:09 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

I can tolerate these repeating conversations in inns and markets to some extent but I can't tolerate that every NPC tells you their entire lifestory when you pass them, so greetings at a reduced distance are a must for me.
QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Feb 21 2015, 08:56 PM) *
The Mighty Khahkhayre? No, not a milk drinker. And Crystal Beth was vegetarian so....

Well, somebody named The mighty Khahkhayre could hardly be a called a milk-drinker. laugh.gif Corcaigh wasn't a milk-drinker either, in fact he killed anyone that called him in such a way. He learned to recognize those that call others milk-drinkers and often provoked them, hoping that it'd end with a battle.

How about your ex-character Master Baytor - is he a milk drinker? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Feb 24 2015, 08:24 AM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

I wonder if one could beat the game with a character that was a complete milk-drinker? No weapons, no poisons (poisons could backfire and kill you), no offensive spells (fire is scary after all), and no summons (because Oblivion is even scarier). The only spells you know are from Restoration (to turn the undead or to heal Lydia, Vigilance or whoever you choose as your meat shield). You spend every fight kiting, turning zombies, and healing your bodyguards until the thing chasing you is dead.

Edit: Hey Renee, maybe you could call him/her Passe Fist… or Milq Toste… or maybe Dor-Mat (for a Khajiit). tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Destri Melarg: Feb 24 2015, 08:28 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 24 2015, 01:36 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

Lopov: Hmmm. Master Baytor is a tough one. My conclusion (after dwelling on this topic for 10 or 12 seconds) is that he IS a milk drinker, but he hides it beneath all his tough talk and insults. hehe.gif

Destri: I think it's possible a complete milk drinker to survive, especially in a game which wasn't dead-is-dead. No way a milk drinker could beat da game though.

But see, I believe it's possible for a milk drinker to use weapons & spells. My opinion. It would be like a hall monitor with a taser. They don't go around using this taser unless some silly rule was broken

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Feb 24 2015, 01:37 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 24 2015, 03:59 PM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

Interesting thread, Renee! I have played several milk drinkers.

Pax the Benevolent (not his real name) was among the Thalmor’s most effective interrogators until he just couldn’t any more. Fortunately he experienced his breakdown away from the job and was able to go into hiding in Skyrim. Pax was a no-kill character, which meant he could not even have a follower who would kill for him. He went through dungeons using Turn, Calm, and Fear, and running while healing himself. He could not do any quests that required looting a dead body, so there were never dragons in his game. There are a surprising number of favor quests where you can get in and out without any death except possibly your own.

Denelle 2 was a dungeon runner. She used Block and healing to do pretty much the same as Pax. She did not have a strict no-kill rule, but she would always flee rather than fight. Both Denelle 2 and Pax’s games ended not with their deaths but because they eventually just got boring.

One of my favorite characters ever was the milk drinking Achille. He was a conjuror/illusionist who due to childhood trauma (surviving the sack of Markarth) was incapable of dealing any direct damage. I started him on Expert and his armor rating maxed out around 70, so his game was very, very tense. He did not mind killing. He just couldn’t do it himself. Achille died during his master conjuration ritual (one-shotted by an unbound Dremora on Master difficulty). He was so much fun to play.

In Jerric’s crew Abiene is a definite milk drinker. She will pay off a thief or bandit rather than cause a fight that will surely result in their death by her current companion(s). Darnand has a similar approach, though he has no worries about blowing up every bandit in the Hold when his persuasion attempts fail. Lildereth takes pains to avoid conflict unless she has the edge, but when cornered she also fights (using Fear, a summoned critter, or a bow bash to get room to shoot) rather than backing down. This mostly happens with the thief random encounter. She ignores the taunting adventurer or simply tabs out of the conversation rather than replying. She does not mind being called a milk drinker, because that is how she presents herself to most people.

All comments about dairy products, do-gooders, and lactating prostitutes aside, I don’t think most Nords would call Jerric a milk drinker. He usually laughs off the adventurer taunts, but if they catch him in the wrong mood he will kill them with the same dark joy that he feels while battling the bad guys. Slaughtering someone whose only crime is being an idiot does not work well with the mental bargains he makes with himself, though, so he tries to avoid it.

Destri, I love the names! Dor-Mat, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Feb 24 2015, 07:41 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

Nice to read about your less known characters (at least to me), Grits, their backstories are interesting, especially of those that couldn't or didn't want to fight.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Feb 26 2015, 12:00 AM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

I just love that there's a heading for this topic in the Urban Dictionary! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 26 2015, 12:47 AM
Post #15

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Feb 25 2015, 06:00 PM) *

I just love that there's a heading for this topic in the Urban Dictionary! laugh.gif

SPEW!!! The UD is quoting Skyrim now! rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 26 2015, 02:16 AM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

Awesome, have a look at this!

milk drinker

An insult / derogative term deriving from the video game Skyrim, often used by City Guards to suggest a person is weak and / or young / inexperienced.

Possible explanations:
Young babies drink milk from their mother's breasts.
and / or
Those who can't handle mead or ale instead drink milk.
and / or
Milk in Skyrim will restore a Warrior's resource for hard-hitting sword swings. Those who require Milk for this purpose would likely be lower-level, and inexperienced.

Don't be such a milk drinker.

biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 26 2015, 11:54 AM
Post #17

Spam Meister
Group Icon

"Be a milk drinker"

"Move like a pregnant cow"

What´s with all this cattle obsession in Beth games? tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Feb 26 2015, 03:01 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

They got it from Blizzard - google "secret cow level" for more. It's become an industry standard meme.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 26 2015, 08:18 PM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Feb 26 2015, 09:01 AM) *

They got it from Blizzard - google "secret cow level" for more. It's become an industry standard meme.

:rofl: That is hilarioius! "Code: ThereIsNoCowLevel" SPEW!!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 26 2015, 08:20 PM
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Feb 26 2015, 10:57 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Hmm... The only true milk drinker I have would be Lashun the Breton. He's not a fighter. He's not a spellcaster. He's a fellow who avoids trouble and rather use wits rather than force. He'll poison someone or go as far as literally backstabbing a person if no one else can do it. But he's a full time bookie and aspirant nobleman who dreams to spend his days taking hot baths in his own villa somewhere in Cyrodiil with bodyguards stationed everywhere and foxy young maidens serving him grapes and wine and back rubs.

But he'll have to get his hands dirty ....

Now, don't get me started on my undead siblings. They'll be milk(blood)drinkers for centuries since they're nobles and political figures and at times ambassadors. But when they're dirty secret is threatened to become public knowledge... Well, they'll have to take matter in their own hands by pulling strings. They don't resort to violence when they can have people do it for them. But as their patron they can be quite brutal and all sense of milk-drinking is cast away.

Now for my warriors... smile.gif

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:10 AM