3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is your character a Milk Drinker?
ghastley
post Feb 27 2015, 12:41 AM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

Clarisse will tell you that sailors don't drink milk, because it goes sour too quickly at sea. Water doesn't stay fresh too well, either. So you need alcohol in it to kill the bugs.

She'll admit drinking grog.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 27 2015, 02:21 AM
Post #22

Paladin
Group Icon

Clarisse looks. . . healthy. tongue.gif Great hair with the straight bangs - I'll bet Renee would like that for her Xena character.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Feb 27 2015, 02:36 AM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 21 2015, 04:02 PM) *

I interpret milk drinker as wimpy, skittish, fearful and not afraid to run away. So Buffy is definitely a milk drinker. When she encounters those grumpy adventurers on the road who say, "Go home to your mother, milk drinker!" she meekly picks the "I'll be leaving now," response. Then she moves away from them debating whether to kill them from the hidden safety of range and stealth with her mighty bow. Usually however, she just 'lets them go'.

Buffy's physical presence cannot even intimidate a mud crab, so she's adapted to take advantage of the skills and talents that she does have. She's never brawled or intimidated in her life but, by the same token, she's never ever failed a persuasion attempt.

Never looked at Buffy this way. Hmm.... The steals part makes sense though as she wouldn't normally do a head-on collision with her foes some hot-heads may try to do 😶

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Feb 27 2015, 09:03 AM
Post #24

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 21 2015, 07:02 AM) *

I interpret milk drinker as wimpy, skittish, fearful and not afraid to run away. So Buffy is definitely a milk drinker. When she encounters those grumpy adventurers on the road who say, "Go home to your mother, milk drinker!" she meekly picks the "I'll be leaving now," response. Then she moves away from them debating whether to kill them from the hidden safety of range and stealth with her mighty bow. Usually however, she just 'lets them go'.

Buffy's physical presence cannot even intimidate a mud crab, so she's adapted to take advantage of the skills and talents that she does have. She's never brawled or intimidated in her life but, by the same token, she's never ever failed a persuasion attempt.

Sorry Acadian, the Buffy Doctrine excludes her from milk drinker status and, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't she once grab a clannfear by the tail to keep it from mauling Savlian? wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 27 2015, 02:49 PM
Post #25

Paladin
Group Icon

Yes, well there is that. . . embarrased.gif

While she often does play meek and back away in order to achieve a safe sniper perch, she can indeed go into a mama grizzly act when someone she loves is really in danger - like the Savlian/clannfear episode you described. Now that you mention it, she has done similarly imprudent acts when Superian is in danger. Like when Mazoga threatened to eat the mare shortly after Buffy met her. Or when a bandit swung an axe at the horse. . . .

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 27 2015, 06:06 PM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 24 2015, 09:59 AM) *

Pax was a no-kill character, which meant he could not even have a follower who would kill for him. He went through dungeons using Turn, Calm, and Fear, and running while healing himself. He could not do any quests that required looting a dead body, so there were never dragons in his game. There are a surprising number of favor quests where you can get in and out without any death except possibly your own.

Oh whoa, wow. Neat. I have heard that it's possible to completely avoid combat in this way. Never tried it myself, though. Nassqa comes closest I guess, since he has run several several times from combat. He likes to hunt non-hostile animals, too.

I suppose that I (Me, Renee) is the biggest milk drinker, compared to my characters, simply because I do whatever possible to keep dragons out of my game. unsure.gif Even on PC, they can possibly show up in Claire's game, but the odds are extremely low: 5% chance every 25 days. biggrin.gif

Both Denelle 2 and Paxs games ended not with their deaths but because they eventually just got boring.

Lol, this is why I haven't returned to Nassqa's game since creating Claire. It's peaceful being with him as he looks for ore veins to mine. , but not very exciting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 27 2015, 08:00 PM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

Teresa of the Faint Smile was definitely a milk-drinker to start with. But her long evolution as a person eventually caused her to replace the milk with Tamika's, and learn to come out from behind Simplicia's skirts and stand on her own two feet.

Aela might look to be a milk-drinker to most people. She is quiet, and tries to avoid attracting attention to herself. But underneath that shy exterior she has the heart of a sabre-cat. It took a lot of nerve for her to make the life she did for herself, not to mention pure stubbornness.

Le Chevalier D'Eon is another one who looks milky on the surface. She has a taste for the finest things in life, be it clothing, food and drink, or men and women. But like Aela, she is a lioness under all the refinement.

Hrafngoelir and Hervor are as True Nord as one can be. They have never tasted a drop of milk in their lives. They were weaned on blood and Nordic Whiskey.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 27 2015, 08:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Feb 27 2015, 11:43 PM
Post #28

Mouth
Group Icon

Having seen both Persephone and D'Eon I can attest that they are certainly not milk drinkers!

I have many characters in my stable. None of them can adequately be described as a milk drinker. I briefly considered rolling a Khajiit pacifist (named Dor-Mat of course), but reading Grits take on her experience with Pax has soured me on the idea.

That's all from me, but I have someone else here who would like to weigh in:

From the Desk of Rugrat gro-Shurgak, Son of Lord Rugdumph, Arena Grand Champion, and Knight of the White Stallion:

Why all the preposterous of talk and thought being given to the imbuing of milk? The Nords of Skyrim must truly be uncircumcised to go about libeling people with such a derivative! It is my understatement that milk is derided from the adders of cow, goat, or horse. Why would someone go to such lengths to dessicate a perfunctory good dinner?! Given the evident, I subsist that such a liberation must contravene to weakness... which is why the nords use the term as a dispensation. I personably have never met a strong warrior for whom milk is a fixation of diet. It seems preponderant to me that anyone would willfully choose to consumate a bevelage that makes them the weaker for it. I choose to continece drinking mead or ale, as these have no affectation on the strength necessitating to swinging Volundrung. Indeed, one might augment that there consumation engorges that strength!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 21 2015, 12:27 AM
Post #29

Councilor
Group Icon

Teresa a milk-drinker? Okay, yeah, maybe in her early days.

LOL Dor-mat. rollinglaugh.gif

What would your characters do if called 'milk drinker?' ... I was forced to consider this after Claire met an orc who called her this. Claire is definitely not ashamed to be a member of this bovine beverage's society. She merely shrugged.

Now, some of my others definitely would not like to be called this. Some of my Xbox characters (Skankee Krahk-ho and The Mighty Khahkhayre, sometimes Mycharonna too) would not just shrug this comment off. Skank and Khahkhayre would want to fight, definitely!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 21 2015, 01:37 AM
Post #30

Paladin
Group Icon

When Buffy gets called a milk drinker she tries to meekly disengage. After all, if she can hear them, she is close enough to be at a distinct fighting disadvantage. That said, this assumes the insulter is not endangering the elf's precious mare. Should that be the case and the mare's speed cannot extricate them, she does a totally irrational pygmy grizzly bear routine usually involving a paralyze or fear spell followed by the summoning of lots of teeth, claws and finally her bow. If no danger is present though, as I said, she'll meekly yield, take the insult, whatever it takes to disengage. Then she'll gain some distance. And with that range comes courage. Once out to stealth/sniping range, then she'll debate whether to strike or not. Usually she just lets it go though, as no real harm comes from being called a milk drinker. And she likes milk just fine.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 21 2015, 02:33 AM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

Persephone killed everyone who called her a milk-drinker. To be honest, you could almost just end that sentence after everyone... wink.gif She didn't take crap.

Her first time into Riften she killed almost half the Thieves Guild. Maul started that auto conversation with her right after she walked past Mjoll and Mr. Friendzone. Persephone tried to just ignore Maul, and cancelled out of the conversation without saying anything. He replied with something like "you'd better walk away." That was all it took to set of her killing fuse. She turned around and sliced his head off (I modded them and the Companions to remove their essential status). Sapphire came running over and joined in, so Persephone killed her. Next came Brynolf. When the guards finally came over, they gave her a 40 gold fine. laugh.gif

Likewise, she killed half of the Companions because they ticked her off.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 21 2015, 05:35 AM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

@ DE - No way any of your characters could be confused with milk drinking; Kraven came closest, but never reached it; and not for long - not for long at all.

@ Acadian - I pity the tool that called Buffy a milk drinker !!!!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 27 2015, 03:00 PM) *

Teresa of the Faint Smile was definitely a milk-drinker to start with. But her long evolution as a person eventually caused her to replace the milk with Tamika's, and learn to come out from behind Simplicia's skirts and stand on her own two feet.

Aela might look to be a milk-drinker to most people. She is quiet, and tries to avoid attracting attention to herself. But underneath that shy exterior she has the heart of a sabre-cat. It took a lot of nerve for her to make the life she did for herself, not to mention pure stubbornness.

Teresa may have appeared to be a milk drinker, but fear and timidity never stopped her when it counted. Being a fish eater gave her the power to overcome any tendency toward drinking milk. Aw, it was so good to see a screen of her again!

Aela could never ever be confused with a milk drinker, because no matter his/her quiet nature her eyes made a lie of anything even in the same realm as milk drinking. She/he was dynamic. She is one of my favorite of all your characters; but Teresa is still on top!

Persephone beheading: rollinglaugh.gif What a great shot !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Mar 21 2015, 05:37 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 21 2015, 01:37 PM
Post #33

Paladin
Group Icon

Persephone! ohmy.gif She takes no crap and takes no prisoners!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 21 2015, 02:31 PM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

We have proof they exist. When we got back to Lakeview after collecting the Masque of Clavicus Vile, there were bandits waiting for us. One of them had a jug of milk. It apparently becomes a random inventory item when you have the DLC installed.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 21 2015, 04:30 PM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

Milk-Drinker bandits! laugh.gif

That is true though, milk does get added by Hearthfire.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 21 2015, 05:13 PM
Post #36

Paladin
Group Icon

I didn't realize where the milk came from, although I have noticed it. I have Hearthfire installed and activated but no need to ever use it. Anyway, every time I see 'jug of milk', I think of Teresa and her fondness for goat milk. happy.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 21 2015, 05:34 PM
Post #37

Ancient
Group Icon

It is too bad they don't have whey. It was actually very popular with the Vikings. They both drank it and used it as a preservative.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 21 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Mar 21 2015, 09:31 AM) *

We have proof they exist. When we got back to Lakeview after collecting the Masque of Clavicus Vile, there were bandits waiting for us. One of them had a jug of milk. It apparently becomes a random inventory item when you have the DLC installed.

Makes me wonder what is going down in the Wasteland with all the milk bottles I keep finding in the dungeons!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 21 2015, 10:31 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 21 2015, 05:09 PM) *

Makes me wonder what is going down in the Wasteland with all the milk bottles I keep finding in the dungeons!

The Pre-War people were a bunch of milk-drinkers. That is why they are all dead now... wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 21 2015, 10:45 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 21 2015, 05:31 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 21 2015, 05:09 PM) *

The Pre-War people were a bunch of milk-drinkers. That is why they are all dead now... wink.gif

BwaaHaa! rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:43 AM