Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Shadow of Nerevar
Ryden294
post May 12 2005, 12:37 AM
Post #1

Retainer

I originally posted this on TES official forums and have been asked to post it here by minque, so if you enjoy it you now know who to thank. Without further adew, The Shadow of Nerevar. Please note that that chapters will be in individual posts so give me a moment to post the rest of them. Enjoy biggrin.gif

CHAPTER 1

Seth crouched in a dark corner. He could not be seen in his dark brotherhood armour, but he had to keep wraithguard behind his back, it would be easily visible in dark. He had been assigned this writ by Eno Hlaalu himself and had been told to make the man suffer. He didn't bother asking what the man had done or to whom, it didn't matter. All that mattered was subtlety and efficiency. He wasn't ready for this, however.

Seth was the kind of person who you may call a cold blooded killer. He enjoyed killing and decided to join the morag tong and get paid to do what he loved. So far it had worked great. He may like killing but he didn't like killing around children. He had this experience himself as a boy. Now he faced a dilemma...failure or personal problems? He had never failed, and never would fail...perhaps he would just have to wait, but his problem was soon solved as he heard the man talking to his son.

"Pladius, i need you to go to nalcarya of white haven, the alcemist, and tell her to finish the potion I asked for as soon as possible."

"Yes, father."

The boy stepped out the door and the house was left in silence. The target was standing there, thinking very deeply about something. Perhaps he had planned something and someone had found out and placed a bounty on his head? That did not matter. Now was his chance, and Seth would not allow himself to fail. He hadn't done it yet and would not start.

Seth snuck up behind the man, slowly and quietly. He drew keening from it's sheath on his right thigh and slowly put it between the legs of his target. As he touched the blade against the man's artery he began to turn around. Too late. Seth had already pulled back, slicing the artery in two and the man fell to the ground, gasping as blood poured from the wound.

Seth left him this way and went upstairs for a bit of looting. Why not? The morag tong didn't pay very good and he had to make a living. After relieving the man of a bit of gold he took his leave, quietly sliding out the front door of the house and proceeding into the dark alley.

He had not taken 5 steps before he heard a door open and the sound of a young boy screaming. Seth smiled, he loved screaming, even from a child as long as he didn't have to see the child doing it. Adults didn't bother him. In fact, he enjoyed seeing adults scream and yell in pain or sorrow, but children, that was different.

He stood in the alley and pulled out of his side pouch a small ring. Silently he said "Vivec."

When Seth came to his senses the first thing he saw was an indoril helm.

"Who are you?" asked the ordinator.

Seth drew keening and quickly grabbed the ordinator around the neck, twisted him around, and came up behind with keening pressed firmly against his neck. Soon ordinators were pouring into the room and Seth backed up a bit and made sure that no one was behind him.

"Last time i checked teleportation was not a crime."

"I simply asked who you were."

"You knew what you were getting at, don't play stupid. You know damn well who i am."

"No I do-"

At that moment, the ordinator noticed that the blade pressed against his neck was keening.

"I'm very sorry..."

"Yes, now if you wouldn't mind I have things to attend to."

Seth then let go of the ordinator and stepped out of high fane. From there he proceeded to the gondolier and politely said "Arena, please."

When he arrived at the arena, Seth quickly stepped off the boat and climbed the steep inclined plane and entered the waistworks section. From here he proceeded to the canalworks to the storage room and, after killing the 2 rats that always seemed to reappear, he opened the trapdoor in the small room to the right of the storage room and descended the ladder into the Morag Tong HQ.

As he entered, he took his helm off, revealing his ashen face and his long black hair which automatically stood up and to the back. He was a very handsome dunmer, young and smart. He always absorbed every single bit of information about his surroundings and never forgot it. After a while this became more of a habit than a task.

He walked down the narrow walkway and turned a corner, ascending the staircase and stopping at the top to greet the familiar faces. He was cold-blooded, cruel, deranged, and mad, but he was also polite.

Asfter greeting everyone he looked up at the walkway above his head. He never took the stairs. He jumped up, grabbed the ledge of the stone "bridge," and pulled himself up gracefully. From there he walked into the bedroom of Eno Hlaalu and tilted his head in a sort of bow before saying

"It's done."

"I know," replied Hlaalu

There was a moment of silence, Seth didn't want to ask him for his payment...that would be rude.

"And your payment..."

Hlaalu opened a chest and pulled out a bag containing 1000 septims, which he handed to Seth. Seth put tied it to his side before asking

"Have you any other jobs for me?"

"Well, there is one open but this is something that not even you would do i think."

"Yes? What is it?"

"It will involve killing one of your closest friends."

"Who?"

"King Hlaalu Helseth."

"What?!"

King Helseth was one of Seth's few friends and probably his closest. Seth could think of nothing to say.

"Apparently he has decided he doesn't like us and poisened one of our assassins. A man who was dining with him to discuss his connections with the dark brotherhood."

Seth remained silent.

"I will not ask you to do this, but if you don't i will send someone else. He will die anyway. Why not profit from his death? The reward will be great. The Royal Signet Ring. I know you want it. You know you want it. Now is your chance to get it."

"Something has changed in you, Hlaalu. You are not the same."

"You will call me 'sir,' not 'Hlaalu.' If you cannot respect your superiors-"

"Superior? You are not my superior. I am the reincarnated nerevar. Not a reincarnated slave. You have crossed a line. Now a wall has been built on that line and you will not get over it. You have made a mistake, be prepared to pay for it. You used to be an honourable man, now you are nothing but a fallen demon. I take mt leave...but i shall see you in times to come. And if you do try to kill helseth, be sure to send someone who will not be missed."

Seth concentrated once more on his ring and said very clearly, "Mournhold"

Before Seth noticed what he was doing he was already walking toward the royal palace. He had to warn Helseth. He entered the courtyard, from there went into the reception area and then up the stairs and into the throne room where Helseth was already standing.

"Seth, my friend, It has been too long." he said cheerfully

"This is not the time to be cheerful." replied Seth in a sort of hiss

"What is it?"

"I'm afraid you have been marked for death by the morag tong. They wanted me to do it but i couldn't. Something has changed in Hlaalu as well. He is not himself anymore."

"Do you know who is doing it? Who is after me?"

"No, but he will send his best. I just thought i would warn you. Tighten security and place more guards in your chambers. I suggest Dark Brotherhood members since you have connections with them. They don't do this kind of work but if you pay high enough..."

"Or if the nerevarine orders them. They believe in you too you know."

"I am not nerevar. I am Seth, assassin and friend of King Hlaalu Helseth. They may say i am nerevar reincarnated but i do not care. I am me, not a legendary saint."

"You know this, i know this, and certain other people know this. But the fact is that the Dark Brotherhood doesn't. I know you use the name 'Nerevarine' to get some things that you want. Don't try to tell me you don't. So why not use it now? Go to them."

"I will, and hopefully i will return with good news. Meanwhile, tighten security and stay in here. Get as many guards as you can fit in this room but stay in here. Have a few men guarding each entrance from outside and in. When i get back hopefully i will bring a few of the Dark Brotherhood with me as well."

"Very well. Be careful down there, my friend."

"Careful? Not me. There is no need."

With that, Seth walked out of the throne room and into the temple courtyard. From there he traveled to the great bazaar and to the entrance of the bazaar sewers. He made sure he had everything with him before opening the trap door and descending the ladder.

Seth landed in the water with a splash. He then paused to try and interpret the smell of this place...it was very strange, like stale death. Of course, Seth liked death but the smell was horrible. He climbed the incline to his left and greeted the khajiit at the top.

"Hello."

The khajiit said nothing.

"Hello"

The khajiit remained silent, which was rude. And Seth hated rude. He pulled keening from it's sheath and held held it near his face, as if examining it.

"It truly is a beautiful blade. Don't you agree?"

"Am i supposed to be afraid?" asked the khajiit

"Very..." replied Seth

"Then why am i not?"

"Because you aren't very bright. Can you do me a favour?"

"What favour?"

"BLEED!"

Seth lunged toward the khajiit who jumped to his left, as he did this Seth made a clockwise spin, slashing the foolish cat in it's thigh. As he did this, the khajiit's leg gave out.

"Don't you wish tendins were a bit stronger?"

"No one has aim like that..."

"...except for me." his smile was hidden by his helm.

Seth slowly walked toward the khajiit and put the tip of keening firmly agaist his forehead.

"Let's play a game. If i can get the blade a centimeter into your forehead without you screaming, you can live."

"A centimeter? My skull is probably not even that thick."

"Then pray that it is..."

He pushed a bit more and the blade slowly pushed further into the khajiit's head, just peircing the skin. As this happened the khajiit screamed.

"Too bad.."

Seth pushed hard this time, and keening went far enough into the head of the cat that Seth's hand was touching him. He then pulled it away and turned to see a large ball of firing speeding toward him. He leapt to the right and looked forward to see a bonelord. He sheathed keening and drew a throwing star from a small pouch on his side. Dodging another blast of elemental fire he quickly released the silver throwing star. It made impact with the bonelord, sticking into it's neck. The creature disappeared in a flash of light. All that remained were a few bone and a skull.

"This could be fun.." he said to himself.

He ran silently forward, taking a right at the next turn which, from what he remembered from his last "visit" led to the manor district, the Headquarters of the Dark Brotherhood in Mournhold.

As he entered another section of the bazaar sewers, which looked much like a cave, he heard a clinking noise. He came to a halt and crouched, taking full advantage of the little darkness he had thanks to the torches that lined the walls of the "cave." As he rounded a corner Seth saw a skeleton with an iron sheild and in it's sheath what looked like a silver longsword. He decided to have a bit of fun instead of...what would the word be? He thought to himself. Can you "kill" a skeleton? He dismissed the thought and waited for the creature to turn around. Then, he slowly crept up behind it and drew keening. He jumped up, almost hitting his head on the top of the cavern, and slammed the blade into the skull of the skeleton, who fell to the ground along with him. Seth got back up and, laughing silently, continued his journey to the manor district. After a short walk he came to a dort of room. A part of the cave that was wider and taller that the tunnel he had traveled through. Standing there in the middle was a lich and a skeleton champion. On the far end, which was another tunnel, was an ancestor ghost.

He pulled two throwing stars from his pouch and threw the one in his right hand across the "room," hitting the ancestor ghost, which disappeared. He switched the one in his left hand to his right and decided the skeleton would be the easiest to kill up close...so he threw the star at it. He liked a challenge and the lich would be better than the skeleton to give it to him. The star hit the skeleton in the head, staying there and falling with the creature. The lich saw this and turned to Seth. He hesitated for a moment, as if waiting for Seth to move but when he didn't the lich started firing. Seth jumped into the room and dodged everything coming at him. He began laughing, and this only angered the already vicious lich who fired faster and faster, left and right, frantically trying to land a spell. He finally did, an absorb speed spell. All of a sudden Seth began to slow down as the lich sped up. He was being hit by a number of spells, ranging from drain health, fire damage, and blind. He pulled a potion fro his pouch and drank it. Invisibility. He could barely move but used what energy he had left to get out of the line of fire. After a moment he could see again and looked toward the lich, who could not see him, and began to speak. He said a short incantation and the lich began to shake rather violently. Seth drank another potion, restore magicka and said the same thing again. After a few seconds the lich fell to the floor. Seth pulled a rather large number of potions from his pouch, they were all he had left but he needed to be strong. He drank every one. Restore health, magicka, fatigue, strength, speed, agility, etc., but now he was out. No more healing, and no more challenges. This place was more dangerous than he thought...

Seth proceeded down the tunnel. He hadn't gone far before coming to the entrance to the manor discrict. He opened it and closed it behind him very quietly. He could smell water and knew he would not be able to sneak through it, he would just have to dive deep. If you are an assassin, especially an assassin in his position, subtlety was a virtue.

When he reached the water he noticed it was too deep to sneak through and too shallow to swim deep enough to remain hidden, so he pressed his back against the wall and rounded the corner. Once he had made it around he saw a member of the brotherhood not far in front of him, with his back turned. As Seth approached, the man turned and drew his dagger. Luckily, Seth's hand was behind his back so wraithguard wasn't visible.

"Sheath your weapon." he said calmly

"Who are you?" asked the assassin

"Who do i look like? Or do you not notice the brotherhood armour?"

"Why are you not at your post?"

"Because i was busy killing innocent people. That is what we do is it not?"

"What is your rank?"

"Uhhh..."

"Well?"

Seth quickly reached down and pulled Keening from it's sheath on his thigh and, in one graceful movement, spun clockwise and slashed the assassin's stomach. The man let out a bellow of pain and fell to the floor. Before he could scream again Seth closed in and thrust keening into his throat, drowning out his cries. Seth then pulled Keening from the assassin's throat, wiped it on the man's armour, and sheathed it.

He hadn't gone very far before coming across a stone staircase that went halfway up a wall, from there a large wooden ladder would carry you the rest of the way up into a sort of loft. Standing at the top was yet another assassin. Seth pulled a throwing star from his pouch and threw it, after he watched the man fall he began climbing.

Once he reached the top, Seth saw 2 more assassins in another "room." He closed in and saw 2 more in the tunnel beyond, 3 more above him in yet another loft, and no telling how many more in the tunnels above. How could he go about doing this? He surely couldn't sneak past them all.

[i]EDIT: (minque) All 5 parts in one post now and I delete your other posts!

Tell me if i have mispelled anything, I have edited it already but may not have gotten everything.

--------------------
"I may not agree with what you say, but to the death i will defend your right to say it"

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be"

"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung"

"What most persons consider as virtue, after the age of 40 is simply a loss of energy."

-Voltaire
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 12 2005, 02:36 AM
Post #2

Unregistered

I look forward to reading more of this. Please continue. :goodjob:

By the way. Chapters 1-5 could be turned into one whole chapter. I think you should do that.
+Quote Post
minque
post May 12 2005, 07:58 AM
Post #3

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Heey Jona! I knew you would like this, and you´re right, the chapters could be merged....

So Ryden, if it´s ok with you, :goodjob: I can fix your posts into one....what do you say?

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Wolfie
post May 12 2005, 05:12 PM
Post #4

Mage
Group Icon

good story, but like the others i think that this could be merged into one big chapter

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Fuzzy Knight
post May 12 2005, 07:46 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Nice written, I also think that u can at least cut it down to 2 chapters or 1... :goodjob:
+Quote Post
Ryden294
post May 12 2005, 08:21 PM
Post #6

Retainer

[quote=minque]Heey Jona! I knew you would like this, and you´re right, the chapters could be merged....

So Ryden, if it´s ok with you, :goodjob: I can fix your posts into one....what do you say?[/quote]ok, go ahead and merge it. And thank you for the posistive posts. I think i'll start writing them similar to the way treydog, override, minque, etc. are writing them. Very long chapters in seperate threads, but the entire chapter will be split into several long posts. Edit the thread name as well if you can minque, make it The Shadow of Nerevar-Chapter 1. Thank you.

--------------------
"I may not agree with what you say, but to the death i will defend your right to say it"

"What most persons consider as virtue, after the age of 40 is simply a loss of energy."

-Voltaire
+Quote Post
Ryden294
post May 12 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #7

Retainer

Alright, another part coming soon.

--------------------

-Voltaire
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 13 2005, 12:23 AM
Post #8

Unregistered

good. cant wait
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 13 2005, 01:20 AM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

This is really a great read! Keep it up! biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Ryden294
post May 13 2005, 02:09 AM
Post #10

Retainer

I could have made this longer, but I couldn't wait to post, so here you are. Enjoy biggrin.gif

Seth crouched and got right up behind one of the assassins. He knew he didn't have the reserves to do many spells but this man had to be out of the way. He decided he could use silence, but he would be completely drained after. He muttered the incantation and when the spell was cast he grabbed the man and pulled him into the darkness, slitting his throat with Keening.

He laid the dead assassin down and proceeded to the next. He jumped up, reached his hand around to the opposite side if the assassin's head, and pulled, all in one quick motion. It made no noise.

After quickly dragging the man off into the darkness he decided to go for the three in the tunnel across the room. He put his right hand behind his back to conceal Wraithguard and walked in the direction of the 3 men in the tunnel.

As he approached, one of the men watched him. Seth suddenly acted very urgent.

"Hey, you there!" he said in a sort of loud whisper

"Why are you not at your post?" asked one of them

"Something urgent has come up! The night mother wishes to see the four of us now!"

"The night mother herself?"

"Yes, hurry if you enjoy anything about life!"

The men hurried toward a building built into the side of the cave, and Seth followed. Everyone looked at them but did nothing. They knew no one was stupid enough to run through that place like a slapped horse without a reason.

They entered the building and went down many corridors, twisting and turning until finally they came to a set of large double doors. One of the men reached up and lightly knocked. The door opened and another assassin asked...

"Who are you and what is your business here?"

"We are here under the request of the night mother. She wishes to see us."

Seth knew what would happen next. They could have discovered who he was had they looked back and saw Wraithguard shining right behind them, but they were too busy trying to stay alive, not knowing they had an inevitable death.

"She didn't inform me, you know she doesn't like to be bothered."

Seth took a small step back and made sure no one was behind him. He drew Keening very silently from it's sheath and targetted the most vulnerable of the group, a man looking down in respect...and fear.

"This man said..." said one of the fooled assassins as he turned to point at Seth, who was standing there holding Keening, ready to strike.

"What are you d---" His throat was slit before he could finish the sentence.

The other three men drew their daggers and readied themselves. Seth leapt back and transferred Keening to his left hand, grabbing a throwing star with his right. He pulled the star back and released. It flew toward an assassin who ducked under it and retaliated with another throwing star. Seth spun counter-clockwise, catching the star in mid spin and throwing it back toward the assassin who ducked yet again and ran toward Seth, along with the others.

One lunged, Seth jumped left and extended a hand, grabbing the man's wrist and redirecting the lung to a nearby stone wall. Before he could see the result he leapt onto the wall on his left, kicked off of it, and ended up behind the men. The one he had redirected threw down and broken dagger and pulled a throwing star from somewhere behind his back.

As the other men ran he threw the star. Bad move. Seth ducked, let the star bounce off if the half-closed door behind him, grabbed hold of it as it fell, whirled around, and flung it full-force at the running assassins. It hit one of them in the right arm, causing him to drop his dagger and himself. He still had one running at him, and he needed to be dispatched fast.

Seth jumped straight up, and was in the air for a few seconds in a belly-flop position before doing a front flip. As he flipped he drew a star and threw it at the distracted assassin who had almost gotten him.

The star hit the man in the forehead and stuck in a diagonal angle. He fell to the ground, dead before he hit. Seth landed shortly after. He looked in the direction of the last remaining assassin, who was no longer there.

"Wussy!" he yelled after him

After allowing himself to stop shaking fom the adrenaline he entered the night mother's large room, which was enormous, with nothing on the walls but strange designs. A red base colour with swirls of blue and black. In the very middle, sitting cross-legged on a round pillow, was the night mother. She appeared to be meditating.

"Would you like to join me?" she asked. This surprised Seth.

"I have very important business to discuss." replied Seth

"Apparently. You made short work of my men. Impressive, anyone who gets in the presence of the night mother may ask a favour, no matter how they get here."

"There is a bounty on the head of King Hlaalu Helseth. He has been marked by the morag tong who are currently sending a man, or a group of men, to assassinate him. I know you have done business before, please do it again. I will pay the fee."

"No need for a fee. What do you ask of me nerevarine?"

"I am not nerevar. I am Seth, and you shall treat me no better than any common assassin."

"Any common assassin would be dead already. Are you sure you wish to die?"

"Like you said, I am the nerevarine. You cannot kill me...wait. You tricked me!"

"Yes, you are too arrogant."

"And too sociopathic, now can we get on with it?"

"Of course. I suppose you want guards for Helseth."

"Yes, I do."

"How many?"

"How many can you give me?"

"20 at the most."

"20 is a good number, I like 20."

"Ok, 20 you shall get...but I would like something in return."

"What?"

"Wraithguard and Keening..."

As I said before, this could have been longer but I like to spent a while on my fighting scenes and as I said, I couldn't wait to post. I hope you enjoyed it biggrin.gif

--------------------

-Voltaire
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 13 2005, 11:38 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

smile.gif Cool! I really like how you write your fight scenes (assasination scenes?), and I hope you will write more.

I wonder what will happen next! ohmy.gif

EDIT: Oh, I just wanted to comment on how different this story is. Most stories are about goody two-shoes (I am a victim of this also tongue.gif ). I play as an assassin member of the Morag Tong in Morrowind, so this kind of story really is really interesting. It's different and well-written. :goodjob:
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post May 13 2005, 11:54 PM
Post #12

Unregistered

Very good fight scenes. Keep it up.
+Quote Post
minque
post May 14 2005, 03:33 PM
Post #13

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ahhhh it´s good...really good and you can post parts with various length....as long as they´re long.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

No but keep it coming, it´s very good... :goodjob: :goodjob:

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ryden294
post May 15 2005, 03:43 AM
Post #14

Retainer

Thank you all for the complements. I had a party to go to so I have been gone for last two days. When I get the chance i'll write another part, which I should be able to start soon. To reply to the comments on the fight scenes, I like to spend a lot of time on them. A bad fight scene could ruin a good story, especially this kind of story. I try to describe as much about the scene as I can put into words, just imagine as if it were happening right in front of you, take note of every single move, and try to describe the move. I also prefer simple words when writing a fight scene, or any type of scene for that matter, so that not only the very intelligent can read it, but also the...how can I say...vocabularily challenged people as well.

--------------------

-Voltaire
+Quote Post
MerGirl
post May 15 2005, 05:11 AM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

[quote=Ryden294]Thank you all for the complements. I had a party to go to so I have been gone for last two days. When I get the chance i'll write another part, which I should be able to start soon. To reply to the comments on the fight scenes, I like to spend a lot of time on them. A bad fight scene could ruin a good story, especially this kind of story. I try to describe as much about the scene as I can put into words, just imagine as if it were happening right in front of you, take note of every single move, and try to describe the move. I also prefer simple words when writing a fight scene, or any type of scene for that matter, so that not only the very intelligent can read it, but also the...how can I say...vocabularily challenged people as well.[/quote]

Yay! smile.gif Someone who actually cares about us vocabularily challenged peoples! Tee hee! biggrin.gif

Anyway, love your writing and I hope to see more!
+Quote Post
Ryden294
post May 15 2005, 09:54 PM
Post #16

Retainer

Ok, I figured I kept you good people waiting too long so I wrote up a quick part to keep you going until I can do something bigger, so here you are. Enjoy biggrin.gif

Seth was silent. How could this stupid woman possibly believe he would give up the two things that he loved most, especially for someone's life? King Helseth was his friend and he was king of morrowind but if you think about it he was just another person...at least that was how Seth was thinking now. He held up his right hand and looked at Wraithguard. A thing of beauty. How could he possibly give it, or Keening, up? These two items were all that Seth had save his Brotherhood armour, which was replacable.

"Excuse me? Are you insane? What makes you think I would give up the two things that mean the most to me just for the life of royalty?"

"King Helseth is your friend."

"King Helseth is just another dunmer when it comes to this kind of situation. I suppose your assistance isn't entirely necessary, only helpful. Remember, he does have his own royal guard."

"You know his royal guard doesn't stand a chance against a squad of morag tong assassins. He would take them out, little by little over a large amount of time if they had to, but they will eventually get Helseth."

"Perhaps you are right. Only time will tell. I suppose asking one more time will not convince you to give me some men will it?"

"No, it will not convince me. Either you hand over the artifacts and take my men, or I kill you and take them myself."

"When was the last time you actually killed someone? Not ordered to have them killed but killed them yourself."

"Years."

"Well I suppose it is time for you to taste blood again. Kill me, stupid woman...if you can."

"Do not call me 'stupid woman'."

"I will be dead shortly anyway, right?"

"You shall die slowly."

"Will you just kill me already?"

"You are very annoying."

"I am tired of waiting."

Seth took a deep breath, stepped back, and drew Keening. The night mother simply summoned a bound dagger and began muttering another incantation shortly after.

Suddenly, a large "ball" of electricity shot from the hands of the night mother and flew straight for Seth, who leapt out of the way and regained his posture.

"Not bad." he said

The night mother muttered yet another incantation and floated up to the ceiling, where she reached around her back and withdrew 4 daedric darts, 3 in her left hand and one in her right ready to be hurled at her target.

Seth smiled, it was about time he got a real fight. Everything else was just a matter of dodging and thrusting, this time he would have to think.

The night mother pulled back and let fly one of her darts. Seth simply stood still and the dart went wide and missed him by at least six inches. Apparently she hasn't fought for years, either that or her aim was terrible to begin with.

Seth laughed at her.

"Hey, stupid woman, that idea is to pierce my skin, not to pierce your wall."

This only angered the night mother. She threw another dart, this one was right on target. Seth jumped to the left and the dart missed by mere centimeters. She was remembering how to throw.

"Getting warmed up I see. Keep it coming."

The night mother let fly another dart. Seth leapt away again but the woman had percieved this and had already thrown her last dart to intercept Seth. It tore into his right thigh, causing him to yell out in agony. He grabbed the dart and pulled it out, throwing it hard at the ground and getting back into his fighting stance.

The levitation spell wore off and the night mother landed silently before Seth. She held up her bound dagger and they began walking in a circle. Seth's smiling face was hidden by his helm. The blood was a delightful surprise, it had been a while since he had bled.

The night mother made the first move, making a fake rush in and backing away instead, causing seth to leap back and then forward, exposing his abdomin, which he had been covering. She took this chance to thrust in with her dagger, missing his stomach by centimeters. Seth raised his dagger as he stepped back to dodge the thrust and retaliated with a slash to the night mother's arm. She didn't make a sound, she only stepped back and regained her stance.

Seth moved in this time, quickly sheathing his dagger and reaching out with his right hand to grab the arm of the night mother. Once he had hold of her he made a clockwise spin, let go of her arm with his right hand, grabbed it with his left, and rammed his right elbow into her stomach still holding her arm. He then pulled keening from it's sheath and slashed her right hand open, causing her to drop her bound dagger which evaporated as she did so. Seth then let go of her arm and stabbed Keening into her right thigh and, letting go of the great dagger, punched her in the face.

The night mother hit the floor and, not aware of what she was doing, pulled Keening from her thigh. It caused her great pain and damage but she managed to throw it before it killed her, ans Seth was so amazed by watching her hold it without Wraithguard that he didn't move in time to dodge the blade.

It peirced his stomach. It hurt so badly he could not even scream. He wasn't aware of the pain Keening could cause. He fell to the floor and lay there gasping. Perhaps this was the end...

As I said, this was a short and quick part but it leads to something very big, very very big. I hope you enjoyed reading this.

--------------------

-Voltaire
+Quote Post
NEO256
post May 18 2005, 03:55 PM
Post #17

Retainer

This is some good stuf, keep it up.

--------------------
Live if you can, die if you must.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:34 AM