2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ahnaressu's Travels Ch.9
Dantrag
post Aug 4 2005, 05:28 AM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

Nyph kept to the shadows of the daedric ruin. After the days of travelling, his job was almost relaxation. He crouched in a dark corner, waiting for a couple of the Ahemussa children to pass by. He had a much more important job this time around. Since the Ahemussa had no ashkhan, their only leader was a wise woman. One that did not have long to live.

Satisfied that the rowdy young ashlanders were far enough away, Nyph crept farther into the ruin. He peered around a corner to see the wise woman sitting in front of a large statue of a daedra prince with her legs crossed, obviously in some sort of trance. Creeping up behind her, Nyph was startled as the wise woman turned around to regard him, her eyes pure white instead of the typical red of dunmer. Nyph had only heard of this in bedtime stories his mother used to tell him - the wise woman was being used as a vessel for the ancestors.

Her face showed no emotion as she spoke to the flustered assassin. "It is prophecied that I will die, along with my tribe. But one will come to restore it." Then she smiled an evil smile. "And to destroy you."

Nyph was honestly scared, but that didn't stop him from smiling as he stabbed his dagger into her exposed neck.

"Prophecy was right about two things." he said confidently, all traces of fear gone.

He crept back outside, under the satrs and met up with Valnor.

"My task is done. Make sure yours is as well." Nyph said, not feeling that it was necessary to speak of what happened in the shrine.

Valnor lead half of his force into the ruined shrine, and soon a fierce battle began inside the dark, purplish walls. Valnor smiled grimly as he cut an ashlander in half at the waist. He charged at yet another dunmer, and quickly overpowered him.

Leaderless, the confused Ahemussa were soon falling. Valnor pulled his claymore out of a screaming ashlander's stomach as he looked around to survey the scene.

"Hunt them all down!" he yelled. "I want no survivors."

The rogues soon lost all order as they slaughtered, raped, and plundered all that was left of the tribe. All but one young ashlander who had been ordered to run to the other tribes as an example. A drunk rogues idea, no less.

As Valnor inspected the halls, he gave the order to make camp. This would be a nice place to stay and rest, he figured. Until it was time to deal with the Zainab.

Nyph came up on Valnor, his share of plundering done. "Here's one for you." he said with a lewd smile as he pushed a young dunmer girl toward towards Valnor.

Valnor frowned. This was a touchy subject between Valnor and his assassin. If Valnor had his way, all kinds of plundering would be strictly forbidden. Nyph had convinced him otherwise - his entire army was nothing more than oucasts that lived for those very things. It was key to keeping them organized.

Valnor didn't even answer Nyph, instead he glared at the skinny dunmer until he walked away. With the girl of course.

While Valnor was undeniably cruel and merciless, he was hard as iron when it came to keeping his honor.

The dunmer warrior went into his tent and stared at the map, planning exactly how he should approach the Zainab.

-----
Enjoy.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Aug 4 2005, 05:28 AM

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
treydog
post Aug 4 2005, 04:35 PM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

As ever, vivid and exciting story-telling. Interesting twist with the possible appearance of a figure from prophecy...

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Mazuk
post Aug 5 2005, 06:41 PM
Post #23

Knower
Group Icon

Humm smelled an update, had to come and read.. Nice work Dantrag. Keep up the good work.
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 6 2005, 10:22 PM
Post #24

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Jul 15 2005, 07:50 PM)
I see how it is....you wait until I'm gone to update your story.... verysad.gif

Yeah right my friend!!! Who´s been updating huh? biggrin.gif

So I´m away for 2 weeks and a lot of nice updates......but...why did you kill the Ahemmusa? sad.gif ?? hmm you might have a good reason for it..so.. where´s the next update?? wink.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 8 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Aug 6 2005, 05:22 PM)
why did you kill the Ahemmusa? sad.gif ?? hmm you might have a good reason for it..so.. where´s the next update?? wink.gif

the reason - Valnor had to eradicate something.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Aug 8 2005, 11:34 PM
Post #26

Mage
Group Icon

hehe if the Urshilaku die Jonacin is gonna have to find some kind of crazy space time portal and come there to rip that guy a new one tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 9 2005, 08:28 PM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

Valnor stepped in his small boat to leave the island. He looked all around him to make sure that all the boats were together and heading the same direction. Satisfied, he took his claymore off his back and set it down beside him as he sat down. The sea was unsually calm that day - the surface was as smooth as glass. The bright, sunny weather seeemed to be reflecting everyone's mood - happy.

In about an hour, all the boats were on shore. The rogues left the boats there, and immediately began their march for the Zainab.

Nyph caught up to the fast-moving Valnor. "What's the plan?"

"Kill them." he answered. The Zainab weren't exactly a formiddable foe; their ashkhan was not well versed in the art of battle, and everyone knew it.

Nyph smiled. that was always the best plan of action.

----
End of Chapter 9. Enjoy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Aug 10 2005, 12:57 PM
Post #28

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Nice update Dantrag, why must you kill the ashlanders...oh well I suppose it's good just as well. tongue.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 10 2005, 01:21 PM
Post #29

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ahhh Dantrag......the killer of Ashlanders....but it is a great story, really and I hope for more...... goodjob.gif

Like your writing-style!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:50 AM