Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Computer issues, Viruses, trojans, crashes, install problems etc
mALX
post Dec 10 2017, 08:10 PM
Post #381

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Dec 10 2017, 02:06 PM) *

Hmmm....I didn't try uploading while there. Found an Oblivion image I'd not yet uploaded. (I consider it somewhat sub par.) Revisited imjur. Uploaded with no issue. Was able to add a description and, as is evident, add it as a link here.

It is Decrepit's avatar!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
treydog
post Dec 10 2017, 08:40 PM
Post #382

Master
Group Icon

Acadian- try typing the address as

http://imgur.com

(Instead of https)

There is apparently a known issue with security certificates and Firefox...

You might also try to force the certificate to reload, but I am not sure if the (rather involved) instructions will actually solve the problem.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 10 2017, 09:55 PM
Post #383

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks, trey. Heh, when I do that the puter automatically adds the 's' back on to the end of http and gives me the same problem.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
treydog
post Dec 10 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #384

Master
Group Icon

Urf... okay, if you want to try a couple of things...

Go into the Tools menu, then Help

Click Troubleshooting Information

At the top right, where is says "Give Firefox a tuneup" click Refresh Firefox

NOTE: This will remove your Add-ons and Customizations and restore Firefox to the default.

If that doesn't do it, there was an issue with a reports page we used at work and the fix was to look at SSL 2.0 and 3.0 under Security options. Only I don't have my notes here at the house and that was several Mozillas ago.... However, I will have a look and see if that still applies and might work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 11 2017, 04:02 AM
Post #385

Paladin
Group Icon

Problem fixed. smile.gif

Thanks, trey. I tried to follow those steps but the presentation / cues I had were different than you described. It did, however, get me digging into Firefox help. Since the prob persisted with other browsers I was not surprised that Firefox suspected ESET as the problem and forwarded me to ESET's page on how to troubleshoot. Followed ESET's instructions regarding SSL stuffs and that fixed the problem. Don't understand it but imgur works fine and ESET still says it is happy with my security settings.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 11 2017, 10:20 PM
Post #386

Master
Group Icon

Man, these YouTube audio/video sync problems are annoying! I just checked Brave Browser. No difference. Might be a YouTube issue? Or something to do with Win10 Fall Creators Update? I don't recall faulty sync prior to the Update, but that doesn't necessarily prove anything.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 11 2017, 10:23 PM
Post #387

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I don't have any sync problems with Youtube so I don't think it's them indifferent.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 13 2017, 01:47 AM
Post #388

Master
Group Icon

No new PC issue today (so far as I know). But I did update my motherboard BIOS from F6 to F9a, which supposedly fixes a vulnerability. I'm always paranoid of a possible freak power outage during BIOS updates, even though my mobo has a backup BIOS that will in theory recover from "most" disasters.
QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 11 2017, 03:23 PM) *

I don't have any sync problems with Youtube so I don't think it's them indifferent.gif
<nods> I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the Win10 Fall Creators Update either directly or indirectly.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Dec 15 2017, 11:46 AM
Post #389

Master
Group Icon

Whoa... I'm glad a build my "new" PC when I did. The G.Skill DD4 3000 CAT15 16gb kit I paid circa $115 for mid year and sales for $194 at NewEgg, and around $225 at the only other vendor PCPartPicker shows carrying it!!!!! There was a time I would have expected to build with 32gb of ram, for about what I paid for 16gb. Those days are apparently long over.

To be fair, there are DDR 16gb kits appreciably cheaper that what mine now go for, but they are usually slower.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 20 2017, 05:09 PM
Post #390

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit is having a problem. It’s not really a big deal, just annoying, but something is causing the “Open With” program to start up every time this one starts windows. Any body know what I can do to find out what is causing this?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Dec 20 2017, 07:28 PM
Post #391

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 20 2017, 05:09 PM) *

Khajiit is having a problem. It’s not really a big deal, just annoying, but something is causing the “Open With” program to start up every time this one starts windows. Any body know what I can do to find out what is causing this?

Weird. So that box of choices comes up everytime Khajiit tries to open up any program?

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Kane
post Dec 20 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #392

Master
Group Icon

Bang the mouse repeatedly on your desk. tongue.gif

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 21 2017, 01:57 AM
Post #393

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Dec 20 2017, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 20 2017, 05:09 PM) *

Weird. So that box of choices comes up everytime Khajiit tries to open up any program?

No it’s only at Windows startup (you know right after you boot up your computer), which is why it’s only a minor annoyance.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
treydog
post Dec 21 2017, 02:34 AM
Post #394

Master
Group Icon

Sounds like a program is trying to load on startup. Try a clean boot and see if the issue goes away.

If that fixes it, figure out what programs are in your startup folder and eliminate any that might be causing the pop up box.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 21 2017, 02:42 AM
Post #395

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Dec 20 2017, 07:34 PM) *

Sounds like a program is trying to load on startup. Try a clean boot and see if the issue goes away.

If that fixes it, figure out what programs are in your startup folder and eliminate any that might be causing the pop up box.

Thanks for this. Khajiit will try it out when he gets home.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Dec 21 2017, 07:35 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 21 2017, 07:35 AM
Post #396

Ancient
Group Icon

*UPDATE*
So after doing the Clean Boot, Khajiit has discovered that there is only 1 program showing in his startup folder. Should this one just remove this program from the Startup folder? He can access it from its own folder.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 21 2017, 09:10 AM
Post #397

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 21 2017, 01:35 AM) *

*UPDATE*
So after doing the Clean Boot, Khajiit has discovered that there is only 1 program showing in his startup folder. Should this one just remove this program from the Startup folder? He can access it from its own folder.

I think you should restore your computer back to a date before it started doing this; but I'm no expert. It is just what I would do if it was my pc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 21 2017, 09:12 AM
Post #398

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 21 2017, 02:10 AM) *

*UPDATE*

I think you should restore your computer back to a date before it started doing this; but I'm no expert. It is just what I would do if it was my pc.

Yeah, thought about doing that too. Last Restore point was only the 14th so that wouldn’t be too bad.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Dec 21 2017, 09:13 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 21 2017, 09:22 AM
Post #399

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 21 2017, 03:12 AM) *

*UPDATE*

Yeah, thought about doing that too. Last Restore point was only the 14th so that wouldn’t be too bad.

Isn't that about when this started though? (one week?). Might better go back to the one before that if you can.

Oops, it was just yesterday when you started talking about it. I thought it had been longer than that. How long was it doing this before you wrote it on here?

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 21 2017, 09:23 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Dec 21 2017, 09:34 AM
Post #400

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Dec 21 2017, 02:22 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 21 2017, 03:12 AM) *

*UPDATE*

Isn't that about when this started though? (one week?). Might better go back to the one before that if you can.

Oops, it was just yesterday when you started talking about it. I thought it had been longer than that. How long was it doing this before you wrote it on here?

It’s been doing it maybe a few days. So it may be better to go further back. Khajiit didn’t notice it until after he installed Discord.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

79 Pages V « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:17 AM