Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

706 Pages V « < 677 678 679 680 681 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coffee Shop Forever, It's time to kick bottom and drink coffee!
mirocu
post Feb 25 2020, 05:40 PM
Post #13561

Spam Meister
Group Icon

As I am typing this, I am mere seconds away from a cup of coffee and my sixth (6) IPB Image for the season cool.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 25 2020, 06:26 PM
Post #13562

Paladin
Group Icon

I've been watching that count slowly rise. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 25 2020, 06:58 PM
Post #13563

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I'm glad I have a job where I take 14.000 steps per day or I'd be rolling by now rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 25 2020, 07:26 PM
Post #13564

Paladin
Group Icon

Well, it would be prudent to avoid exceeding max gross takeoff weight - whatever that might be for a crow. wink.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
treydog
post Feb 26 2020, 02:22 AM
Post #13565

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 25 2020, 01:26 PM) *

Well, it would be prudent to avoid exceeding max gross takeoff weight - whatever that might be for a crow. wink.gif

Is that an English or an African crow? Or perhaps Scandinavian?

If work life ever slows down, I might get back to actual life.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 26 2020, 06:13 AM
Post #13566

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Feb 16 2020, 01:24 PM) *

Giving myself my sixth IgG infusion as I type this today. I've been doing this every two weeks on Sunday for the past three and a half months. Tomorrow I go back to my immunologist and we'll see how much this has been helping. I still feel about the same, having trouble with reflux and mucus (both nose and lungs, ugh). But I did notice that when I got my cold right before Christmas, I bounced back from it within a couple of days. That is a HUGE improvement over last winter, when I would be out for two weeks just getting over it.

With the novel coronavirus going around (at least two in the Chicago area), I've been very diligent about washing my hands at work. Also, my company instituted a new cleaning policy for the duration - wiping everything down twice daily with 70% isopropyl alcohol, which does a lot to ease my own mind about potential exposure. Now if I can just keep those unvaccinated kids away from me . . .

I'm so happy to hear you kicked that cold out so quickly; because I remember how you were suffering from everything just a year ago! I hope the improvements continue.

Doorknobs and shopping carts are the absolute worst places for germs to spread during flu season; don't be afraid to use a tissue/paper towel/or surgical gloves when outside your home. You can't afford a flu with your lungs! Hug_emoticon.gif

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 25 2020, 11:40 AM) *

As I am typing this, I am mere seconds away from a cup of coffee and my sixth (6) IPB Image for the season cool.gif

In honor of your indulging yourself on sweets; I ate a piece of cake today, lol.

QUOTE(treydog @ Feb 25 2020, 08:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 25 2020, 01:26 PM) *

If work life ever slows down, I might get back to actual life.

WOO HOO! That would mean a long (and well deserved) vacation coming!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 26 2020, 06:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 26 2020, 05:52 PM
Post #13567

Spam Meister
Group Icon

IPB Image

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 6 2020, 01:38 AM
Post #13568

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 25 2020, 12:58 PM) *

I'm glad I have a job where I take 14.000 steps per day or I'd be rolling by now rollinglaugh.gif

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 14 2020, 07:45 AM
Post #13569

Ancient
Group Icon

This is for Treydoggie:

Weather in Tennessee:

Winter is at 6am. Spring starts at 10am. Summer is at 2pm and Fall is around 4:30ish. Dress accordingly.

This post has been edited by mALX: Mar 14 2020, 07:47 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 14 2020, 08:45 AM
Post #13570

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 14 2020, 07:45 AM) *

This is for Treydoggie:

Weather in Tennessee:

Winter is at 6am. Spring starts at 10am. Summer is at 2pm and Fall is around 4:30ish. Dress accordingly.

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Mar 14 2020, 02:18 PM
Post #13571

Master
Group Icon

The reverse happened for us yesterday!! rollinglaugh.gif

On a more serious note: I've been watching the novel coronavirus since it first broke out in Wuhan (old habits die hard; I followed emergent diseases as a veterinarian because I understand how such things spread and affect various areas). Because of my respiratory disease and immune deficiency, new diseases are of great concern to me. I was pleased when my employer instituted additional cleaning/disinfecting protocol globally (they are a global corporation) as soon as China imposed travel sanctions over a month ago. I even saw addition cleaning crew in my store hired just to wipe down every high touch surface (doors, tables, chairs, etc) through out the entire workday, and we ourselves began wiping down all the electronics in the store with 70% alcohol twice daily. I felt safe while watching the spread of the novel coronavirus to the US, and even though as of yesterday Illinois has 46 cases (one in my home county and four in the suburb just down the main drag from my store). Today as I was preparing to leave for work, I got a text from my manager: the stores in my area, including mine, are closing down for two weeks. The best part? We all STILL GET PAID for our scheduled hours! So while I'm concerned about my 85 year old mother and myself becoming infected, I'm VERY proud of my employer's response to the pandemic.

Here's positive thoughts to all of us here at Chorrol coming through this alive and relatively unscathed.

This post has been edited by haute ecole rider: Mar 14 2020, 02:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 14 2020, 03:13 PM
Post #13572

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Mar 14 2020, 08:18 AM) *

On a more serious note: I've been watching the novel coronavirus since it first broke out in Wuhan (old habits die hard; I followed emergent diseases as a veterinarian because I understand how such things spread and affect various areas). Because of my respiratory disease and immune deficiency, new diseases are of great concern to me. I was pleased when my employer instituted additional cleaning/disinfecting protocol globally (they are a global corporation) as soon as China imposed travel sanctions over a month ago. I even saw addition cleaning crew in my store hired just to wipe down every high touch surface (doors, tables, chairs, etc) through out the entire workday, and we ourselves began wiping down all the electronics in the store with 70% alcohol twice daily. I felt safe while watching the spread of the novel coronavirus to the US, and even though as of yesterday Illinois has 46 cases (one in my home county and four in the suburb just down the main drag from my store). Today as I was preparing to leave for work, I got a text from my manager: the stores in my area, including mine, are closing down for two weeks. The best part? We all STILL GET PAID for our scheduled hours! So while I'm concerned about my 85 year old mother and myself becoming infected, I'm VERY proud of my employer's response to the pandemic.

Here's positive thoughts to all of us here at Chorrol coming through this alive and relatively unscathed.

Congrats on being in a relatively good situation (all things concerned) during this mess! I too am concerned for myself, due to age and health issues. Ironically, I'm being scheduled for repeat visits to a big Clinic in my area, for what I feel is a non-essential health concern (sleep apnea, which I'm pretty sure I don't have). These are to take place within the next several weeks. Seems to me this poses an unnecessary risk of being exposed to C-19 for something not a life-or-death matter. But what do know?

Made an emergency trip to Wally World yesterday to pick up OTC meds needed in case i catch the virus, after receiving an email on the subject from that same clinic. Glad I went when I did. Their OTC med shelves had been hit pretty hard. Sadly, I didn't think to buy t-paper, not realizing it is now in great demand. As of now, I've one full roll and a partial roll. Hope there's some in stock when I make my next grocery run this coming Monday. It dawns on me to regret that the US has never taken to bidets. laugh.gif

Stay healthy everyone!

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Mar 14 2020, 03:14 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 14 2020, 07:05 PM
Post #13573

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Mar 14 2020, 10:13 AM) *

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Mar 14 2020, 08:18 AM) *

Congrats on being in a relatively good situation (all things concerned) during this mess! I too am concerned for myself, due to age and health issues. Ironically, I'm being scheduled for repeat visits to a big Clinic in my area, for what I feel is a non-essential health concern (sleep apnea, which I'm pretty sure I don't have). These are to take place within the next several weeks. Seems to me this poses an unnecessary risk of being exposed to C-19 for something not a life-or-death matter. But what do know?

Made an emergency trip to Wally World yesterday to pick up OTC meds needed in case i catch the virus, after receiving an email on the subject from that same clinic. Glad I went when I did. Their OTC med shelves had been hit pretty hard. Sadly, I didn't think to buy t-paper, not realizing it is now in great demand. As of now, I've one full roll and a partial roll. Hope there's some in stock when I make my next grocery run this coming Monday. It dawns on me to regret that the US has never taken to bidets. laugh.gif

Stay healthy everyone!

Sleep Apnea actually will kill you if left untreated. It damages your heart, brain, organs = and takes your health down in so many areas at once that it can cripple your health in short order; and the damage it does is irreversible.

That said, I agree with you that it isn't a good time to be doing the tests. I hope both you and Haute both take extra precautions with your health!

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post Mar 15 2020, 04:43 PM
Post #13574

Master
Group Icon

My unscientific, not-a-doctor-nor-do-I-play-one-on-TV advice is....

Stay home if you can; read Chorrol; watch Netflix-Prime-YouTube; play video games.

In all seriousness, stay safe, everyone.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Mar 15 2020, 04:55 PM
Post #13575

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Quite difficult to make pallets from home.. wink.gif

Good advice though and keep those paws washed!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 15 2020, 06:10 PM
Post #13576

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm home this afternoon instead of at a cafe write-in. Allergy season is not the time to count on that sneeze really really just being allergies. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Mar 15 2020, 10:39 PM
Post #13577

Master
Group Icon

Don't think sneezing is on the symptoms list. It's a lung infection, not a head cold.

Still, staying home is a good idea.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Mar 16 2020, 12:28 AM
Post #13578

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Feb 25 2020, 08:22 PM) *

I don't know that....AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Jacki Dice
post Mar 20 2020, 05:18 AM
Post #13579

Knower
Group Icon

Sakiri, I just noticed your sig and I have recently become obsessed with that song!

--------------------
Madness Helps Me Save Myself
Nemesis

Standing on the cliffs that kiss burning winds
We are rising together
Brazen, exalting, a hiss of triumph rings
I am yours
...Yours immortally
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Mar 20 2020, 12:26 PM
Post #13580

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Jacki Dice @ Mar 20 2020, 05:18 AM) *

Sakiri, I just noticed your sig and I have recently become obsessed with that song!

That band is great.

^^

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post

706 Pages V « < 677 678 679 680 681 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:55 PM