Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Persephone's Return, Plus, Amazons!
SubRosa
post Sep 27 2015, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Playing Persephone in the Fallout games and Pillars of Eternity has been putting me in the mood to bring her back to Skyrim. I could just go with the old gear, but you know me, I love to play dress up.

In the That Mod Looks Interesting topic haute suggested Persephone trying on the armor from Greek Armor Revamped. But it's not quite right for Persephone.

I am looking at other outfits for her. The last time I tried I wound up defaulting to the old Eisen Platte however. It is just so hard to top that, both in terms of quality of workmanship, and in visual concept. Persephone cannot wear just anything. Her outfit has to suit who she is, which is notably: dead.

I did find a new sword for her, from Drunkzealot's somewhat historically accurate weapons. It's an outstanding reproduction of a flamberge zweihander.

The zweihander does work very well with the plate armor from Zzjay's Wardbrobe. I shot this down before, but that was without this sword. With the zweihander it creates a neat Fantasy German Landsknecht look.

While I have been experimenting with Persephone, the Greek Armor mod got me thinking of playing an Amazon character. I already played a Roman in Skyrim, so why not an Amazon. Perhaps Penthesilea, plucked by the gods from the Trojan War and dropped into Skyland?

Here is a test. I am still looking for a weapon. The Xiphos and Falcata that came with the Greek Armor mod are not that great. I found a Xiphos mod, but I don't like the way the blade looks, and the pommel is kind of weird as well. So I think I will look in some of the weapon packs to see if any have any Xiphos or Kopis - looking swords. Something bronze would be nice, as it would reinforce the idea of a Bronze Age person. Though iron/steel would work as well, as some of those old bronze cuirasses were still being used well into the Classical Era, and even as late as the Hellenic Age we hear of Alexander shacking up with an Amazon queen.

The Dwarven War Axe might work in a pinch however. Amazons are famous for using battle axes. It is where the labrys comes from, and probably the saying of being "an old battle axe".

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Sep 28 2015, 10:45 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:25 PM