Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yokuda, Some things should never return...
Colonel Mustard
post Jun 24 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

Well, this is an idea I had a wee while ago. I know we've already got a few RPs going, but I like this one and Chorrol seems to have one of the most active (not to mention skilled) Roleplaying communities out there. So, here goes!

It is thirty years after the Oblivion Crisis. The Elder Council now rules Tamriel in the stead of the Emperor, and through their political skill and diplomacy, peace has been secured in a period of dangerous turbulence.

But once again the Red Horseman threatens to ride.

Many millenia ago, through causes widely speculated yet still unkown, the island-continent of Yokuda sank into the sea, displacing the Yokudan people native to the island and forcing them to relocate to Hammerfell, where they became the modern day Redguards. Now the island has risen again.

Threatening echoes of war rumble through the land, and the fragile peace the Elder Council has constructed threatens to be shatters as every nation on Tamriel threatens to descend into war in a massive land-grab. In a desperate attempt to halt the oncoming war, the Elder Council have summoned together representatives from all the nations of Tamriel. Unless an agreement is reached, then Tamriel could erupt in a civil war more brutal than ever seen before.

Well, you've seen the premise. This is, as you may have guessed, a diplomacy roleplay, one that will be a lot less combat focussed than The Ghostfence (well, it's not that combat focussed but there definitely will be fighting) or The Flying Bullets. In fact, unless there happens to be a rather sneaky attempt at assassination, there may well be no combat whatsoever. So you should probably make a character with that in mind-while a strong sword arm can be handy, it will most likely be no use in these circumstances and would instead a sharp tongue and quick mind would be a more powerful weapon.

I'm not sure whether we should be a party of delegates for a nation, or each play a single ambassador for seperate nations (say person 1 does Hammerfell's ambassador, person 2 does Skyrim's etc.) but if we decide on that we can always fill the gaps with NPCs.

So, what do you think?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 24 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Active? I'd say we've dropped the bar on the activity quite a bit. Just ask Minque or any other old-timer about AMU. tongue.gif

Anyway, I guess I wouldn't mind joining this one. So if I get it right, this is basically a big (secret?) meeting around a large table to divide Yokuda. Or at least it will be at first. I guess us being ambassadors would be best for that, because other people like say, the waiter, won't be given much of a chance to talk.

The only problem I can find is that my knowledge of the lore and culture isn't that great, so I'd probably end up sounding and acting more like a generic earthling than a Tamrielan.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jun 24 2009, 09:33 PM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

Well everybody knows that the island has now resurfaced-tidal waves and the like are hard to miss, and the meeting isn't going to be a secret one. They want people to know that war is not a desired option, and that things will be sorted out calmly and maturely.

Exactly how long things will stay calm and mature is a mystery.

And if you want information on the Yokuda and Ra Gada (the conquest of Hammerfell by the displaced Yokudans) then this article on UESP should be useful.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 24 2009, 09:44 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Fair enough. But mind if I add something to the scenario?

Now I personally believe that mere lust for more land is not enough to go to war against each other. Tamriel has been big enough for several eras and while there was that invasion of Akavir (both ways), I've never heard of any real overcrowding.

But what if it isn't just land everyone is after? What if say...the Redguards carry great tales about the mineral wealth of Yokuda? And maybe exotic plants/spices? (Please don't ask why the plants should have survived underwater so long. Maybe they're magical) And for the Redguards themselves, some holy lost scrolls of the Ansei, documents on the royal bloodline or whatever.

If trade monopolies are a good enough reason to go to war in our world, it's good enough for Tamriel, I'd say.

Also, a question. How do we know it is Yokuda and its exact location? Has there already been an expedition there that came back and went:"Yep, I'd darn bet the teeth of a shark that there was Yokuda, matey."
Or is it more like a group of thinkers analyzing the waves and figuring out that there must have risen a landmass of x-size at the rough theoretical location of Yokuda?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jun 24 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Well there are a couple of old maps around with Yokuda on them, including this one, so Tamrielic geographers have a good idea of where it is.

And the mineral wealth is a good idea. All the trades and double crossing would be good fun to put into the RP and there may well be a lot of old artefacts lurking within the old vaults of any cities that could not be extracted in time.
+Quote Post
Illydoor
post Jun 24 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

Dibbs on Breton (well, High Rock).

EDIT - Or wood-elves laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Illydoor: Jun 24 2009, 10:04 PM

--------------------
Have you ever thought about taking the dark and thorny path?
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jun 25 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Heh, then I call dibs on the Orcs...I mean the Orsimer. FOR THE GLORY OF ORSINIUM!!! viking.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Jun 26 2009, 01:00 PM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

This is a pretty cool idea actually..

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
minque
post Jun 26 2009, 04:09 PM
Post #9

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ah yes Mr Cloudy...the days of AMU was really busy, if you were away for a day you had at least 10 pages to catch up on...

But anyway, a RP without fighting would be something I'd appreciate, so I'll definitely join!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
seerauna
post Jun 26 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #10

Finder
Group Icon

This sounds really interesting and we don't have to fight too much (or at all). Sure, I'll join. Could I have the Khajiits?

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

Shadow in Darkness- My first ongoing FanFic!
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jun 26 2009, 08:53 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

That seems fine to me.

So the list so far is:

Raunie: Elsywiir
JC: Orsinium
Illy: High Rock/Valenwood

I'll take the redguard representative and go for Hammerfell.

And a character sheet:

Name:

Skills:
Personality (just a quick summary):
Equipment (if necessary):

Bio:
+Quote Post
seerauna
post Jun 27 2009, 02:52 AM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

Do you want us to post our character here or are we making a thread for them?

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jun 27 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

Good point. I'll nip off to make a thread.

Tally ho!
+Quote Post
minque
post Jun 28 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #14

Wise Woman
Group Icon

ok so...I'll go for the conventional me....i'll take the Imperials and therefore Cyrodiil!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 1 2009, 04:13 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Heh, I haven't even thought about the arguments I'm going to use. Maybe I should.

And what are we going to do with the race/province that doesn't get a PC as ambassador? Will they join as NPCs, or are we going to assume that they were late in sending their ambassador or something?

Also technically, Orsinium isn't a province so I don't really have the right to join the talk among the provinces. But who would dare tell that to a big green hulking mass of muscle and violence? laugh.gif

And finally, an updated list. So far, we have...
Breton/Wood elves (which is it going to be?) High Rock/Valenwood
Orcs Orsinium
Khajiit Elsweyr
Redguard Hammerfell
Imperial Cyrodiil

That leaves us with:
Dunmer Morrowind
Argonian Argonia
Nord Skyrim
Altmer Forgot the name, isle something?

This post has been edited by jack cloudy: Jul 1 2009, 04:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
seerauna
post Jul 1 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

The Altmer are the Summerset Isle, Jack. smile.gif

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 1 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

i'll take Summerset Isle or Morrowind. (if someone else wants one, i'll take the other)

But I have a few questions -

What is the setting? I would assume it to be Cyrodiil, since it involves the Elder Council, but I figured I'd ask.

What title do our characters hold? Why are our characters chosen as opposed to the members of the Council? (seeing as the council is already group of representatives from all the nations of Tamriel) I'm thinking we should all just be council members? I dunno.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jul 1 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Well this lot would be the negotiators. So they would be diplomats or ambassadors, and would probablybe referred to as such. The council most likely be viewed as pro-imperial (whether or not this is the case is a different matter) so to avoid accusations of foul play that the council would probably want to avoid I'd imagine that they would want to get those in who are less likely to be tarred by the Imperial brush.

And ambassadors who don't have anybody to play them would just be NPCs.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jul 6 2009, 05:40 AM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

So...are you folks still up for this? There have only been two ambassadors in the character thread so far and it's been a couple of days since the last got added.

--------------------
+Quote Post
seerauna
post Jul 6 2009, 06:20 AM
Post #20

Finder
Group Icon

It doesn't look like Illy or CM have been on in a few days that might be why it's quiet in this thread, and Minque might still be thinking of her character.

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:36 AM