13 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boston Bewilderings, The Fallout 4 "Where are you now?" thread
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2017, 02:41 AM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

Annie just heard a Protectron say: "Warning, Union Violation! Last recorded break was nine thousand, nine hundred, ninety nine hours ago."

biggrin.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 26 2017, 07:03 AM
Post #42

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 25 2017, 07:41 PM) *

Annie just heard a Protectron say: "Warning, Union Violation! Last recorded break was nine thousand, nine hundred, ninety nine hours ago."

biggrin.gif

Bahahaha! Oh those protectrons! Khajiit still is fond of Deputy Weld.
"Welcome. To. Megaton. Friendliest. Town. Around."
biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Feb 26 2017, 10:24 AM
Post #43

Finder
Group Icon

I have a problem. As I play on console I can't use alternate start mods.

Basically I want to have Eva Bree do the main storyline, but as she is an established character from f03 and NV and I don't want to 'reboot' her character, I can't think of how to imagine this as we all know how the main quest starts and the ultimate goal. She can't be frozen for 2oo years when she was born in FO3s vault 101.

I was thinking of maybe memory wipe thing and having vault 111 as a virtual reality thing she woke from where she thought she was pre bombs and had a son, but obviously this won't work.

Any ideas? My head hurts 😂

--------------------
Fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a vrey srtnage mnid, wchih si good bceasue I od ot :D
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2017, 06:02 PM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

I never do the main quest in most Bethesda games. But I always did the tutorial in Oblivion, and Vault 101 in Fallout 3. With characters not doing the main quest I roleplayed that it was simply a dream, and they woke up outside the vault.

An F4 character can put down the whole pre-war tutorial and Vault 111 as a dream as well. But the sticking point is Shaun. You could roll with the idea that the character did have a son who was kidnapped, or ran away, or who was lost the old-fashioned way. That might be the Shaun in the Institute. His age might be accounted for by some kind of accelerated growth program like the Republic Clones underwent. Or Institute Shaun could be crazy and fixated upon you, thinking that you are his real mother when in fact you are not. Or Shaun might be a Synth, who thinks he is your son, and no one else at the Institute knows any better!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Feb 26 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #45

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 26 2017, 05:02 PM) *

I never do the main quest in most Bethesda games. But I always did the tutorial in Oblivion, and Vault 101 in Fallout 3. With characters not doing the main quest I roleplayed that it was simply a dream, and they woke up outside the vault.

An F4 character can put down the whole pre-war tutorial and Vault 111 as a dream as well. But the sticking point is Shaun. You could roll with the idea that the character did have a son who was kidnapped, or ran away, or who was lost the old-fashioned way. That might be the Shaun in the Institute. His age might be accounted for by some kind of accelerated growth program like the Republic Clones underwent. Or Institute Shaun could be crazy and fixated upon you, thinking that you are his real mother when in fact you are not. Or Shaun might be a Synth, who thinks he is your son, and no one else at the Institute knows any better!

Great ideas!

I was thinking this. Been on my mind all day:

After the death of a friend at the hands of a synth, Eva Bree finds a way into the institute ( not sure how yet) once there she causes a ruckus which attracts Father. Instead of killing her, he notices a striking resemblance to his own Mother (in this world both his parents died, not just SS spouse.) He decides to test her, to see if he could be morphed into the mother he never had, so he implants her with fake memories and sticks her in vault 111, to she is she could be the devoted, loving mother he never had.

--------------------
Fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a vrey srtnage mnid, wchih si good bceasue I od ot :D
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2017, 07:13 PM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Diamandis @ Feb 26 2017, 12:35 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 26 2017, 05:02 PM) *

Great ideas!

I was thinking this. Been on my mind all day:

After the death of a friend at the hands of a synth, Eva Bree finds a way into the institute ( not sure how yet) once there she causes a ruckus which attracts Father. Instead of killing her, he notices a striking resemblance to his own Mother (in this world both his parents died, not just SS spouse.) He decides to test her, to see if he could be morphed into the mother he never had, so he implants her with fake memories and sticks her in vault 111, to she is she could be the devoted, loving mother he never had.

That is a great idea!

I read a report in the Institute about them wanting to do a test on crops in the Wasteland. So they kidnapped the owner of a farm and replaced him with a Synth. That way the Synth could carry out the experiments in the Wasteland with no one the wiser, since everyone would think he was just the farmer. It could be that Eva was kidnapped and replaced as well, even from as far away as the Capital Wasteland. Then once she was back at the Institute Father sees her and does what you had in mind.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Feb 26 2017, 07:29 PM
Post #47

Finder
Group Icon

Hmm... as great as that idea is, I don't think I could do it 😂 the thought of my Eva Bree being a syth saddens me... as it means the real Eva would have died. But going along with your previous idea of Father being obsessed due to his mothers likeness is one i will play with. Thanks for the help SubRosa! It's all coming together now smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 26 2017, 11:05 PM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Diamandis @ Feb 26 2017, 01:29 PM) *

Hmm... as great as that idea is, I don't think I could do it 😂 the thought of my Eva Bree being a syth saddens me... as it means the real Eva would have died. But going along with your previous idea of Father being obsessed due to his mothers likeness is one i will play with. Thanks for the help SubRosa! It's all coming together now smile.gif

No, I don't mean that your character was a Synth. But rather she was kidnapped and a Synth impersonated her in her old life, while the real Eva was put into Vault 111.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 26 2017, 11:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Diamandis
post Feb 26 2017, 11:40 PM
Post #49

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 26 2017, 10:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Diamandis @ Feb 26 2017, 01:29 PM) *

No, I don't mean that your character was a Synth. But rather she was kidnapped and a Synth impersonated her in her old life, while the real Eva was put into Vault 111.

I see! And that is actually a great idea... her most recent escapades are in NV so I was going to have Veronica be the friend the synth kills... but I am very intreagued by your idea. It's logical and makes sense with what I'm trying to do.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 27 2017, 06:03 PM
Post #50

Ancient
Group Icon

Anybody get a weird bug where some of the faces in CharGen are overlaid with a brown skin mask?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 28 2017, 12:09 AM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 27 2017, 12:03 PM) *

Anybody get a weird bug where some of the faces in CharGen are overlaid with a brown skin mask?

Did you download the high res texture pack? That sounds like a bug associated with it. Check the Nexus, I have seen fixes for it there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 28 2017, 01:02 AM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 27 2017, 05:09 PM) *

Did you download the high res texture pack? That sounds like a bug associated with it. Check the Nexus, I have seen fixes for it there.

This one did. And it wasn't on there until Khajiit did so, now that you mention it.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 28 2017, 02:28 AM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 27 2017, 07:02 PM) *

This one did. And it wasn't on there until Khajiit did so, now that you mention it.

Here is the Mod that is supposed to fix it. I have not tried it myself. Once I heard about the bug, I decided not to bother with Hi Res Texture pack.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 28 2017, 02:37 AM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 27 2017, 07:28 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 27 2017, 07:02 PM) *

Here is the Mod that is supposed to fix it. I have not tried it myself. Once I heard about the bug, I decided not to bother with Hi Res Texture pack.

Lol, Kim-Ly just got out of the vault and hasn't even made it to Sanctuary yet so we haven't been able to tell how much of a difference it makes. We may end up uninstalling it ourselves!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 1 2017, 03:28 PM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

My new character Luna, has just made it Diamond City.

Along the way she helped out some folks in need at Concord, and helped set up a brandy new settlement in Sanctuary.

Afterwards, she made her way to Tenpines Bluff at the request of Preston Garvey. Corvega proved an impressive boon, not only with the sheer amount of junk to be collected, but also an M1911 pistol, which joins the R91 Assault Rifle on the wall of her bedroom in Sanctuary. She doesn't have much of the ammo for either of them, yet.

She also helped the Brotherhood in Cambridge, and even quested with Paladin Danse, only to decide that she had more important things to do than joining up.

Valentine's Detective Agency is the next stop.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 1 2017, 08:02 PM
Post #56

Ancient
Group Icon

Console button doesn't work!!! Wtf?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 1 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #57

Master
Group Icon

Que? Worked last night when I played...changed Luna's hair color.

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 1 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #58

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 1 2017, 01:04 PM) *

Yeah, not sure what's going on with it (unless it gets disabled in survival mode?). Was trying to do the free camera thing to take a screenie of Ms. Nguyen after having left Vault111.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Mar 1 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #59

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 1 2017, 02:20 PM) *

Yeah, not sure what's going on with it (unless it gets disabled in survival mode?). Was trying to do the free camera thing to take a screenie of Ms. Nguyen after having left Vault111.

Huh, it may be. Can you load an old save and bump down the difficulty?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Mar 1 2017, 09:03 PM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Mar 1 2017, 01:29 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Mar 1 2017, 02:20 PM) *

Huh, it may be. Can you load an old save and bump down the difficulty?

Yeah Khajiit will try that when he gets home from work tonight.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post

13 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:58 AM