Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New tech and some concept art
RagingMudcrab
post Jan 19 2011, 03:11 AM
Post #1

Evoker

IPB Image

Game Informer's monopoly on Elder Scrolls news still rages on. Yesterday we were given a look into the technology powering The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The new "Creation Engine" sounds like a powerful beast, lotta detail, lotta expanse and probably a ton of editing capabilities through the "Creation Kit". Modders will be pleased. Then there's the Radiant AI, which sounds really exciting. Very realistic. Should be a new level of immersion for the series. Also, the Havok Behavior animation tool is said to make the stiff, robotic character movements from Oblivion and Fallout 3 a thing of the past. And finally, the Radiant Story system is probably the most interesting part of it all. It's a conditionalizing mechanic that Todd Howard claims will make every little detail of the gameplay experience different from the last. That's a big statement. Hope it turns out. I love a little diversity in my WRPGs.

But hey, that's not all. Today we got a time-lapse video featuring the creation of some concept art. If your into that artsy kinda stuff, check it out. Now me personally, I was enjoying listening the background music. That's some of Jeremy Soule's new stuff for Skyrim playing. Definitely got me pumped. I highly recommend viewing that video for all the fans of the Elder Scrolls' game soundtracks.

Source: Game Informer

Check it

--------------------
"The purpose of morality is to teach you, not to suffer and die, but to enjoy yourself and live." -Ayn Rand

The Great Gate Gazette
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 22 2011, 05:49 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

I did get pumped when I heard THE theme for the Elder Scrolls break through the chanting of the chorus of singing - that gives me goose bumps every time I hear it (still).

The havoc - I don't know how real it will feel if someone is walking away from you while talking to them, or not looking at you while they speak. Will the sound be diminished by their distance? Although I like the fact that it won't grab you and immobilize you, it does seem they would have the character look at you while they speak - I will have to see conversations in (1st & 3rd) action to know if I like this change.

It looks like they are continuing the theme of everyone knowing you've killed someone even if you were alone with that person. (and now seeking revenge for it) Well, there goes any assassin character's cover.

They said the words to the song were in another language that we are supposed to figure out - will it just be the "Dragonborn" poem?

Anyway, great coverage Raging Mudcrab! I'm really appreciating your keeping us up on the internet articles on this !!! You are Awesome at ferreting the information out and getting it here first !!!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:58 PM