Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Furniture and animations, How they work
ghastley
post Jan 14 2019, 04:45 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm at the point in The Diablo mod where I need to put Greta in a Pillory where she can be rescued. I can't use the shackles for this as they go against a wall, and her developing wings are either hidden, or clip through the wall behind her. Fortunately, the work has already been done, and I just have to extract the one piece from a huge animation resource pack.

The method of creating new furniture items, and connecting up the entry/loop/exit animations is a topic that's worth documenting, as I haven't found a decent one anywhere else. This thread will hold my notes as I find out all about it.

The "sit" animation isn't a standard one, so a mod using it will need FNIS to install the extra behaviour data and animations. At least that's become a standard, and users are fairly familiar with the process.

I may also include Idle Markers, which work in a similar fashion, but without a static item, and explain how Animation Objects work. These are items that appear only when the animation is performed, such as musical instruments, or the broom. Lots of things will be common between all these.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ghastley
post Jan 31 2019, 10:18 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Well, the answer is that I haven't decided, but I should at least point out that I have the choice. biggrin.gif

I mentioned the dilemma in the Diablo 1 thread. The principle is that the implanted wings gradually turn the victim, so anyone part-way through the transformation is unpredictable. This gives both sides a reason to keep them restrained. Greta is the quest focus, so she gets released. I have one victim they haven't started work on, so she can be, too. The problem is making sure the player knows the rest are dangerous.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Jan 31 2019, 10:42 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 31 2019, 11:07 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 31 2019, 04:18 PM) *

Well, the answer is that I haven't decided, but I should at least point out that I have the choice. biggrin.gif

I mentioned the dilemma in the Diablo 1 thread. The principle is that the implanted wings gradually turn the victim, so anyone part-way through the transformation is unpredictable. This gives both sides a reason to keep them restrained. Greta is the quest focus, so she gets released. I have one victim they haven't started work on, so she can be, too. The problem is making sure the player knows the rest are dangerous.

rollinglaugh.gif Of course you have the choice, it is your mod!

I can't wait to read/hear the story line for Greta and your mod; I always love the background stories for your mods!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:08 PM