Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chorrol-A story Idea for everyone, Just a bit of fun, which you can get involved with
Colonel Mustard
post Sep 23 2008, 07:13 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

I was thinking this morning, plumbing the dark depths of my mind, when I had a rather interesting Idea. Suppose that someone wrote a story about this forum. Not about chorrol.com, as such, but actually about the town. However, the town would be populated by members of this forum. If you have a forum "persona" then just put up a little info on him/her on the thread and I'll put it in my story (you might have to think up a clever, but easily recognisable twist on your name, as I'm no good at that). Essentially, it'll be a fan-fiction about fan-fictions, but with the authors as characters. Even if you don't write, you're welcome to drop me a line and you'll have a came, at the very least.

This will be all be done in the good spirit of light-heartedness, with a bit of mickey taking of everyone involved (I myself will be a coffee addicted mad professor type who spends all night penning his words down).

If you're interested, then, as I said, just ask to be included here.

May your quills never run dry of ink!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
redsrock
post Sep 23 2008, 07:36 PM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

I'm interested. But what would I have to do exactly? Sorry, I'm a tad bit confused.

--------------------
*Hey everyone, TES Fiction is looking to revamp its very talented group of writers. So, if you love to write (TES or non-TES), come on over! Whether its stories, poems, song lyrics, etc, it doesn't matter!*
+Quote Post
canis216
post Sep 23 2008, 09:05 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

An interesting idea, tho' to be honest I think it would be much funnier (and admittedly more dangerous for the other characters) to use Al as my substitute... heh.

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Sep 23 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

Well you could post up a profile for your character, similar to that in a RP, but less detailed, just name and profession. Then I'll include him/her in the story. The reason I ask for this so that a. I don't have to think up characters, because I'm lazy like that and b. I can post up the story without fear of including someone who might not want to be included.

And Canis, I take it you mean Always-He-Lingers-In-The-Sun?

This post has been edited by The Bean: Sep 23 2008, 09:19 PM
+Quote Post
bbqplatypus
post Sep 23 2008, 09:19 PM
Post #5

Finder
Group Icon

Interesting idea. I'm rather torn right now between an boat-kicking mullet-sporting monk named Brother Dalton or just a regular crazy person on the street.
+Quote Post
canis216
post Sep 23 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Bean @ Sep 23 2008, 02:11 PM) *

And Canis, I take it you mean Always-He-Lingers-In-The-Sun?

Who else?

Gimme a little time and I reckon I could work up some sort of "profile" for Al, something more detailed than "serial-drunk Argonian assassin who kills people at the Empire's whim and has precious little tolerance for fools". Or I could invent someone else... I'll think on it.

--------------------
Read about Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun, a Blades assassin, in Killing in the Emperor's Name and The Dark Operation. And elsewhere.
+Quote Post
redsrock
post Sep 23 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

Here's mine:

Name: Verick

Profession: Author/book merchant.

--------------------
*Hey everyone, TES Fiction is looking to revamp its very talented group of writers. So, if you love to write (TES or non-TES), come on over! Whether its stories, poems, song lyrics, etc, it doesn't matter!*
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 23 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Ah, what the heck. I'm in. It might get me writing myself again.

name: Roland Frost
profession: agent/mad scientist

Does this work?

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
canis216
post Sep 23 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

Total non-continuity with any of my stories... but here we go:

Always-He-Lingers-in-the-Sun (everyone calls him Al)
--------------------------------------------------

Retired (or so he claims). When asked what he is retired from, he says he was an imperial courier. He was, of course, an assassin. Claims he lives off an imperial pension. Augments income by 'hunting'. He does occasionally hunt deer, but he also enjoys hunting bandits and highwaymen. Heavy drinker, usually expensive stuff. Thinking of opening a tavern with all his looted wealth.

Risky hobby: Enjoys breaking into people's residences (Castle Chorrol included) and rearranging the furniture, just to keep in practice.
----------------------------------------------------------

How's this? Or is it too much?

--------------------
+Quote Post
redsrock
post Sep 23 2008, 10:26 PM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(canis216 @ Sep 23 2008, 10:08 PM) *

Retired (or so he claims). When asked what he is retired from, he says he was an imperial courier. He was, of course, an assassin. Claims he lives off an imperial pension. Augments income by 'hunting'. He does occasionally hunt deer, but he also enjoys hunting bandits and highwaymen. Heavy drinker, usually expensive stuff. Thinking of opening a tavern with all his looted wealth.

Dude, that sounds like a character from one of my fics.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Sep 23 2008, 10:33 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

There seems to have been a bit of confusion here, which I probably didn't help with a complicated explanation.

What I wanted was a character of yourself. Chorrol, in this story, will be a town of words, everyone would write or paint, and it would be populated by us. For example, Redsrock could be Verick of Red Rock, a merchant running the town's bookshop. There's a lot of flexibility for characters, but a link to the forums and your usernames will be needed.
+Quote Post
canis216
post Sep 23 2008, 10:43 PM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Bean @ Sep 23 2008, 03:33 PM) *

There seems to have been a bit of confusion here, which I probably didn't help with a complicated explanation.

What I wanted was a character of yourself. Chorrol, in this story, will be a town of words, everyone would write or paint, and it would be populated by us. For example, Redsrock could be Verick of Red Rock, a merchant running the town's bookshop. There's a lot of flexibility for characters, but a link to the forums and your usernames will be needed.

I knew what you were driving at... I'm just too lazy to create a character of myself.

QUOTE(redsrock @ Sep 23 2008, 03:26 PM) *

Dude, that sounds like a character from one of my fics.

Really? I must confess to having read little of your work (I'm some combination of busy and lazy).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Sep 23 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

Actually, Always-He-Lingers would provid a perfect outsider vew on this eclectic little community.
+Quote Post
canis216
post Sep 23 2008, 10:51 PM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Bean @ Sep 23 2008, 03:47 PM) *

Actually, Always-He-Lingers would provid a perfect outsider vew on this eclectic little community.

Yes, I suppose he would.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 23 2008, 11:19 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

So we write for our own characters? As in, I write mine, you write yours, Redsrock writes Verick and Canis writes Al?

Hmm, going by the example you've just made, I'll have to change my character.

Err...Roland Dublois (gosh, sounds french) of the Clouded Quill Press?

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Sep 23 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Actually this was going to be a solo piece. I wanted people to give me a character so that when I write they feel they are represented in a way they won't be offended by. As this will have everyone in it as rather eccentric, asking if people want to be included and characterised means that any issues with someone saying they don't want to be involved for some reason will be diverted before they begin.
+Quote Post
canis216
post Sep 24 2008, 12:25 AM
Post #17

Knower
Group Icon

I think I'll submit a 2nd character (in addition to Al, who you are most welcome to use) slightly more reflective of the forum me.

Name: Cyrus Wolfe
Race: Redguard
Description: A silver-tongued devil always looking to make a quick buck. Not a bad fellow, but he sees the world differently from most--he's an anarchist, caring little for organizations or statute law of any sort. Handy with a blade and bow, considering that he's mostly self-taught. Not much for theft unless he's been out of work for a while, but will take any opportunity to make unfair (albeit barely legal) bargains and contracts. Strange sense of humor.

This post has been edited by canis216: Sep 24 2008, 12:26 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
redsrock
post Sep 24 2008, 12:27 AM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(canis216 @ Sep 23 2008, 10:43 PM) *

I must confess to having read little of your work

No biggie, I'm used to it.

EDIT: If I sounded pissed then, well I didn't mean to. I was being serious. *shrug*

This post has been edited by redsrock: Sep 24 2008, 12:37 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mplantinga
post Sep 24 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #19

Knower
Group Icon

This sounds like an interesting idea. I must confess, however, that self-description has never been one of my best abilities. On the forums, I'm mostly silent, except in the fanfic section, where I do have a tendency to ramble sometimes in my commentary on various stories. IRL, I'm a biochemist with limited social skills and a strong liking for dry clean only clothes. How would that translate into an Elder Scrolls character? Perhaps something like this:

Race: Breton
Social Interactions: awkward attempts at conversation at the local bar?
Most likely cause of death: wacky alchemy experiment gone horribly, horribly wrong
Romantic interest: either none (due to lack of social skills) or some equally geeky guy

Well, that's certainly one idea. Somehow I think Minque or Treydog could describe my "forum persona" better than I can, as they've put up with my comments on their stories for many years now.
+Quote Post
seerauna
post Sep 24 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #20

Finder
Group Icon

Okay here's mine.

Name:Asray
Description:Has been thieving since she was 10 years old, and assassinating people since she 15. Enjoys annoying the Imperial Legion officers because of the way they treat her. Like dirt basically. Her favorite weapon is a bow, but is fairly decent with a knife.

This post has been edited by seerauna: Sep 26 2008, 01:01 AM

--------------------
The arrow flies to kill
From the string it races
It’s only moments until,
It strikes.

Shadow in Darkness- My first ongoing FanFic!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:38 AM