> The Shadow Under Fort Sutch (2015), RP Playground Thread
Uleni Athram
post Aug 25 2015, 04:48 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

(OOC: My lovelies. It has begun.)

GM POST (GENERICUS - FUDOM)

And so it was that the whip of Oblivion brought more tragedies than what was initially realized. Destruction had been halted with the sacrifice of who is arguably the greatest Septim since the Stormcrown himself ushered in the Third Era, but where fire and legion failed, inequity and the weakness of mortal hearts would threaten to succeed. Destruction had been halted, yes, but Change and Revolution now poisoned the air of wounded Tamriel, and the hidden Ambitions of many darkened what should have been a determined rebuilding of what was lost. Defeated and spiteful Mehrunes Dagon saw this and was glad; his joyous laughter rang out throughout the Deadlands, as calamity and mortal strife took the center stage of this new Crisis.

Valenwood is broken into two halves; one fights for the loyalty to past allegiances, one fights for the future unriddled with Imperial dominion. The eaves and boughs of that gilded realm is red with the bloodshed of brother against brother. To their east, the sands of Elsweyr are being bloodied by the Elves of Pyandonea; foam against dune, moonlight versus sea-storm, the Khajiit struggle for their very culture against a determined foe while their Imperial 'protectors' stand impotent against the pirate scourges. There is talk of war between the long feuding Dunmer and Argonians; certainly those rumours are not unfounded, for there are already mounting casualties as a result of raiding from both sides. The Land of the Utter Most West, High Rock, is openly rebellious and the Bretons remain steadfast in attempting to shake off the authority of the Imperial Throne; not even pressure from the loyal warrior-nations of Hammerfell and Skyrim could dissuade them from this sudden urge to secede. And in the land where summer sets eternally, there is a fateful rumor going around that a third incarnation of the Aldmeri Dominion is on the rise.

Through all of these events, however, none seem to get more focus than the Expedition to the bowels of Sutch. From the lowliest peasant to the noble over-saturated with decadence, Oedipus Nebraska's rousing of Anvil's two guilds (as well as the support of his Sponsors and the recruitment of hundreds of freelance adventurers) to join his own to a journey under Sutch held supreme attention. They thought it a new adventure that could give a brief respite from the troubles of a world torn by unrest, but... could it really be as it present itself to be? Or could it be another tragedy in the making?

One by one our heroes, in their own way, receive news of the Expedition. And one by one, through reasons of their own, they find themselves heading towards Anvil... Do they seek glory? Riches? Fame? Knowledge? Power? Are they driven by simple curiousity and wanderlust, to experience a thrill of discovering a place where the sun is silent? It might be that they would have a chance to attain these things. Or it might be that they would get something else entirely. One is thing is for sure, however.

Sutch awaits.
With all its mystery. With all its secrets. With all its ancient shadow.
Sutch awaits. And it waits with a smile.
---------------

GENERICUS BLOCCUS

A pleasure to make your acquaintance, he thought while humming, but better to make you fools bleed.

The lithe Nord fished a piece of parchment from some department on his brigandine jacket, and with a very minor fire spell he burned the stanza he came up with. For a moment he stopped and regarded his work. A blatant rip off of a classic Nibenean tune with several lines stolen from the poetry of the central Imperials; he considered adding a limerick or two here, reinforced by a haiku in the style of those ancient Akaviri poets. The mixed compositions would do havoc with the mind of a prim and proper bard, but no ordinary singer was Genericus. He was always jumping from one style to another, trying to find purchase in comfortability, but no one style ever held him in thrall for long. To address such a vexing block, he opted to simply mash them all together and make order out of such a messy arrangement. And here he was. He tried to vocalize his work once but found, to his dismay, that it attracted all kinds of attention from his fellow pedestrians. A summer in the Gold Coast was especially severe this year, and the sun-baked roads and humid wind made for a stifling companion. Those who travelled on the Gold Road were eager to find something that would entertain them. Or alternatively, something to vent on.

Checking the traffic that wormed the Gold Road for any signs of brutes and thugs that would jump on anything to fight, and finding none (save for a suspicious elf with tattoos and a mohawk), Genericus began singing, this one a comedic pirate chantey he made during a stay down in Leyawiin.

"Thar once was a lass so fine,
She was drunk on Surilie wine,
I'd been out to sea for a month or three,
I knew I could make her mine.
But the lass was past consent,
So it was off with her we went,
And we threw her in bed and we rested her head,
And we left cuz that's what Gentlemen do...

A woman has a right to a drink or two,
Without worryin' about what you will do!
We say Yo-HO but we don't say 'ho,'
Cuz 'ho' is disrespectful, yarrr."

The tune was catchy and predictable in its endings, and the comical lines drew a laugh or two from passerbys. As he continued singing, a family of Khajiit caravaners joined him and provided a steady ambience using kitchen tools; pretty soon there was a motley band of rummy and souses roaring their throats dry as they sang the hilarious chantey, along with a pack of children and teenagers that joined the song here and there. So good and lighthearted the atmosphere was that in their joy, Genericus and his flash-band suddenly found themselves at the oaken gates of Anvil, which was open to allow space to the massive traffic the city received ever since the proclamation of the Expedition. Genericus thanked his fellows for making a dull trip a fun one, but realized that he did not catch their names.

"I'm Holden," said one cross-eyed drunk with strawberry hair and beard.

"I'm Mac Roin," said a robust fellow wearing flowers in his bald head.

"I'm gonna puke," said a third, young man and promptly did so just inches away from Genericus' boots.

Genericus grimaced at the last one, but nonetheless curtsied and introduced himself. The robust fellow, Mac Roin, began laughing, while Cross-Eyed Holden tried thumping the back of Pukeboy to comfort him; but being cross-eyed, he instead thumped Pukeboy three times at the back of his skull and Pukeboy retched again. Mac Roin regained himself and looked at Genericus, a friendly smile on his portly face.

"Heheh, the pretty lady's got a man's name, lads! Heh heh heh.."

"I'm not a lady," said Genericus with an anticipatory smile, holding the man's stare steadily. Mac Roin suddenly sobered up and his portly face underwent several expressions before settling on a calm and collected one. He said, "Ah," before grabbing both sides of Genericus' face and planting a large and sloppy kiss on the Nord's mouth. At least, that's what he aimed for; being drunk, he landed it on Genericus' nose, destroying his make up there.

"Bless you still, you painted goblin! That was one hell of a chantey that me and the lads won't forget! At least, until the evening bar-hop commences!"

With a stentorian laugh, Mac Roin picked the now unconscious Pukeboy with one hand and guided drunk Holden (who was having a spirited fist fight with something only he could see) to wherever it was they were going. Genericus stood, there, motionless. Then with unbelievable alacrity he produced a mirror from somewhere and began inspecting his face. He was right. His nose was a shade darker than the rest of his face; wetter, too. With a defeated whimper, he entered Anvil and headed straight to the West Weald Inn to repair his broken visage.
------------

FUDOM YOH

A pleasure to make your acquaintance, he thought with a smile, but better to make you fools bleed.

He broke the Dunmer's arm with a savage twist of the lock and, using the joined bodyweight of him and the elf's, threw him to the ground belly-first. He stomped on the mer's head and it exploded like a ripe melon with vivid juices. The second one came at him from behind. The scimitar maimed the spot where his head used to be; crouched low, he turned towards his new opponent and speared him in the gut with his shoulder. Winded and stunned, the Morrowind bounty could offer no resistance as Fudom used his body as a battering ram against a tree's trunk. Slinking down to the ground in unconsciousness, this elf's life ended when the massive Redguard gave him titanic blows on his unprotected head.

The clearing was suddenly quiet. No birds, no crickets, no rustling of leaves that spoke of the forest's life. Nothing. Fudom stood still, eyes darting to and fro, hunting for the last one. Six other corpses lay in various states of brutalization, but these dead mer told Fudom no tales in regards to their ally's location. His skin tingled, however, with the premonition of bad things. Fudom's eyes widened under his mail mask but that was all he could do as an invisible object collided with his gut and felled him to the ground.

Magic, he thought through gritted teeth, already coming back to his feet and settling into an open stance. Fetcher's using invisibility magic!

He knew how to deal with this kind of enemy. It was one of the most difficult and painful lessons he ever took from his wife, but none of his broken bones could deny its effectiveness. Drawing a deep breath, he closed his eyes and emptied his mind of all conscious thought. In the center of his mind's temple, he imagined a picture of himself in the glade. Where his position was. Where the corpses of his enemies were. Every little detail he could scrounge up. He focused on that image and let his other senses do the rest of the work.

A rustling a few feet behind him... A little bit to the east. No natural thing can make that sound. It edged ever closer... Closer...

"Rrrraaaghhh!"

Eyes still closed, Fudom whirled around at the last moment and pistoned a grab in thin air. His grip found purchase; he was holding his last enemy's wrist in a vise hold. A little twitch in a direction confirmed that this was the enemy's left arm. Fudom laughed. The invisible Dunmer yowled in pain. In the span of five seconds, Fudom broke the elf's arms in eight different places and knee'd him until Fudom was sure his face was a mashed affair of bone, gristle and tissue.

With a satisfied grunt, Fudom returned to where his pack was and resumed his journey to Anvil through the forests of the West Weald.

NEXT ONE TO POST: COLONEL MUSTARD

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Uleni Athram   The Shadow Under Fort Sutch (2015)   Aug 25 2015, 04:48 PM
Colonel Mustard   "Good grief." Anvil was heaving, packed...   Aug 26 2015, 11:42 AM
Elisabeth Hollow   GM POST Lielle, Brielle The two of them had been ...   Aug 26 2015, 10:36 PM
Rohirrim   Khan grunted as he lugged the bag of freshly (and ...   Aug 27 2015, 10:12 PM
Callidus Thorn   The gold road between Skingrad and Kvatch had been...   Aug 28 2015, 03:18 PM
Uleni Athram   GENERICUS ----- In the end he decided that a bath ...   Aug 28 2015, 05:49 PM
Colonel Mustard   "You made it!" Lielle's exclama...   Aug 28 2015, 09:55 PM
Rohirrim   Khan obliged Genericus' cheek presentation, an...   Aug 30 2015, 05:51 PM
Elisabeth Hollow   Lielle straightened up at Jolus' inquiry, a ha...   Aug 30 2015, 07:21 PM
Callidus Thorn   Sinyon turned as the voice rang out, one hand flas...   Aug 30 2015, 10:08 PM
Uleni Athram   GENERICUS ----- The Nord came back, thankfully co...   Aug 31 2015, 07:43 AM
Colonel Mustard   Jolus thought for a while, considering what the tw...   Aug 31 2015, 11:41 AM
Elisabeth Hollow   Brielle had a self satisfied look on her face, but...   Sep 1 2015, 05:28 PM
Rohirrim   Khan leaned back onto the piles of throw pillows a...   Sep 2 2015, 06:40 AM
Callidus Thorn   Something about this Carnistir bothered Sinyon. He...   Sep 2 2015, 04:03 PM
Uleni Athram   GM POST Ebel ran through the dusty Colovian plain...   Sep 2 2015, 06:12 PM
Colonel Mustard   "Daedra?" Jolus said. "That sounds....   Sep 3 2015, 10:52 AM
Rohirrim   "I haven't got one on me, but I'll bu...   Sep 5 2015, 07:47 PM
Callidus Thorn   "By all means. Perhaps, if we make good time,...   Sep 6 2015, 10:53 AM
Uleni Athram   LIELLE AND BRIELLE Brielle felt a minor surge of ...   Sep 7 2015, 11:01 AM
Colonel Mustard   "Flowing Bowl sounds good to me," Jolus ...   Sep 8 2015, 07:10 PM
Callidus Thorn   Sinyon couldn't keep himself from laughing. ...   Sep 11 2015, 02:55 PM
Uleni Athram   THE TWINS They would've reached the Flowing B...   Sep 12 2015, 01:29 PM
Colonel Mustard   Jolus surveyed the melee that had formed in Mages...   Sep 15 2015, 10:28 AM
Rohirrim   Khan was grateful for the cool (albeit damp and sl...   Sep 16 2015, 08:21 PM
Callidus Thorn   "One such as me? What did they know of me, Ca...   Sep 17 2015, 08:58 PM
Uleni Athram   There was one person among the gathering of humani...   Sep 18 2015, 08:45 PM
Rohirrim   Khan returned, bottle of rum in hand. He stopped i...   Sep 23 2015, 09:11 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:54 PM