142 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Because Every Rose Has Its Video, Rosa's Vid Topic
mALX
post May 26 2011, 01:59 AM
Post #61

Ancient
Group Icon

I have to go out for the next 45 minutes, will watch this when I get back.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 26 2011, 03:26 AM
Post #62

Ancient
Group Icon

I'm back ... GAAAAH!!! ARGH!!! You ended it on a cliffhanger !!! Urgh !!! Great vids, I'm dying to make my way into Miscarand again after watching this !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 26 2011, 02:51 PM
Post #63

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ May 25 2011, 12:05 PM) *
That was pretty exciting! Those hotkeyed poisons worked so well!

ohmy.gif Holy smoke, I had no idea you could do that!!!

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 25 2011, 07:26 PM) *
You know that you can denock an arrow and not loose poison or a charge, right? I use the vanilla 'dodge' maneuver (Acro of 50+) to denock arrows and am so very used to it that I don't bother with any of the several mods that can also do the job.

ohmy.gif Or that!!

I loved those shots through the gap in the railing. Later it was fun to see those bones fly! I have a new character I’d like to play before I try to write her. Now I’m inspired to create her, today!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 27 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #64

Ancient
Group Icon

Thomas Kaira: I always hotkey 1 as my healing spell or stimpack. The rest kind of vary. LAME is another of those mods that does not interest me. I find magic to already be overpowered in Oblivion, and would sooner find ways challenge myself by using less of it. Even with my pure mage characters, I find myself specializing in different fields or elements to limit myself. Such as Morrigan, whose only attack spell was Fingers of the Mountain (which I modded to make it actually a reasonable spell).

King Coin: Imoen was the first voice set I ever used for Oblivion, and Teresa the first character I used her on (she is the second Oblivion character I ever played. The first one - Clare - was basically a throwaway character that I learned the game with). In fact, Imoen set the bar so high, that there are very few other voice sets I can stand to listen to.

You are right about the septims. Teresa has 41k right now, which she never spends any of, because she never needs to. She has no need for more money, so the only things she takes are ingredients to make potions with, and few pre-made potions that be useful. Everything else she leaves behind. She also has the Skeleton Key, which makes lockpicks obsolete.

That recharge mod is a bit tricky, as it has several different modules you can use. I edited the simplest one, reduced how much it recharges and made it a novice level spell, and made it into a spell tome that you can buy at The Mystic Emporium. If you want, I can email the .esp to you.

Acadian: Most of the animals you can summon in Witchcraft are like that. Because they are low to the ground, you can shoot over their heads. Unlike summoned undead or daedra. You are right, it is very convenient. The lion can sometimes be tricky because it likes to jump up, and I have not tried it with the grizzly yet (not up to the 100 Conjuration required). The Boar was the best for shooting over, since he is really low to the ground, and never leaps. He was also surprisingly tough.

I know about the acrobatics denocking trick. But I do not have enough hands and fingers to do it, and gave up trying a long time ago. I just shoot the arrow down in the ground. If you hit the grab quick enough, you can catch it before it bounces away. I lose a potion and a charge, but both of those are easy to replace.

mALX: Miscarcand was always one of my favorite ruins, because of its size, and the goblins and undead fighting one another inside.

Grits: I find shooting through the railing to be very tough. Often I find myself hitting the rail instead of the target! But jumping up on top of the rail often ends up in me being spotted. Or at least it did when Teresa had a lower sneak. So sometimes I still go for those shots. Hotkeying the poisons really does make life for an archer much easier. No more opening the menu with every shot and picking out the poison you want to use.

Teresa goes deeper into the rabbithole, and actually uses her night eye goggles at the beginning here. Unfortunately I did not think of the video darkening effect, and took them off later.

Teresa faces the Lich King of Miscarcand, in the conclusion of the series. There was more to the ruin afterward, but it just felt anti-climatic to show it.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 27 2011, 09:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 28 2011, 12:25 AM
Post #65

Master
Group Icon

As you saw a few of my videos ago, Aravi has no need for money either, but I just can't stand leaving all that stuff behind.

@ the lion: Good Kitty!

LOL you figured out you can shoot arrows through those gates as well.

I noticed you were carrying a lot of repair hammers. Is that number normal? Aravi usually carries 3-4 or at most 5.

In the second video at about 1:30 I thought that zombie saw you. Instead it was interested in Kitty. Freaked me out for a moment though.

Teresa is very agile.

If you want, I can email the .esp to you.

Sure, send it to (edited out)

Let me know if you do send. I don't check that one often.

This post has been edited by King Coin: May 28 2011, 02:05 AM

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 28 2011, 01:13 AM
Post #66

Ancient
Group Icon

Ok, check you mail, I just sent it. It has been a while since I did that, now I remember. I took the script for the spell effect that the guy was using in the original mod, and created an entirely new mod of my own around just that. Basically making a new spell using his script, a spell tome for it, and giving it to Calandil to sell.

I am not really sure how many hammers Teresa is carrying. In the vanilla game I always carried 20 or more, as I went through them so quickly, no matter what my skill. I have since modded the game to make the hammers last longer, and so usually do not carry that many. If she has a lot, it is just because she has not gotten around to selling off the extra ones she's picked up.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 28 2011, 01:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 28 2011, 01:18 AM
Post #67

Master
Group Icon

I just noticed you said spell tomes... I do not have that add-on. Do I need it for this to work?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 28 2011, 02:13 AM
Post #68

Paladin
Group Icon

Neat to see Teresa's NVGs in action early in the first part.

I was sooo reaching for a command creature spell with those multiple foes! Teresa however continues to do really well working with her furry feline friend and quick footwork. I see what you mean about the lion occasionally jumping up into the line of fire, but Teresa knows how to anticipate that it seems.

Great fun!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 28 2011, 03:00 AM
Post #69

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ May 27 2011, 08:18 PM) *

I just noticed you said spell tomes... I do not have that add-on. Do I need it for this to work?

You do not need it. The Spell Tomes dlc does not really do anything that the regular game cannot. A spell tome is simply a book that uses a script that teaches you the particular spell when you read it. The first time you open it, it gives you an option of whether or not you want to learn it.

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 27 2011, 09:13 PM) *

Neat to see Teresa's NVGs in action early in the first part.

I was sooo reaching for a command creature spell with those multiple foes! Teresa however continues to do really well working with her furry feline friend and quick footwork. I see what you mean about the lion occasionally jumping up into the line of fire, but Teresa knows how to anticipate that it seems.

Great fun!

At first I could not figure out what NVG meant. Then when I looked back at the video, the night eye light went off in my head! I usually can see fine without them with my flatscreen monitor, so I rarely use them anymore. But they do make things a lot clearer in these videos.

The lions took me a bit of getting used to, because of how they like to jump up and paw at people. I had to get used to the rhythm of their attacks, and time my shots between them. I have found that conjuration works really well with an archer, especially indoors, as you can use the summons to ward off the enemy, or decoy them.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 28 2011, 03:07 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 28 2011, 03:35 AM
Post #70

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 27 2011, 09:00 PM) *

You do not need it. The Spell Tomes dlc does not really do anything that the regular game cannot. A spell tome is simply a book that uses a script that teaches you the particular spell when you read it. The first time you open it, it gives you an option of whether or not you want to learn it.

Thanks. I was not sure. I'll give your .esp a shot.
QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 27 2011, 09:00 PM) *

I have found that conjuration works really well with an archer, especially indoors, as you can use the summons to ward off the enemy, or decoy them.

It really does work well. I'd consider it for Aravi if she wasn't already skilled with the blade.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post May 28 2011, 04:56 AM
Post #71

Mouth
Group Icon

If you aren't already aware of it, if you equip a one-handed melee weapon after you shoot your bow in sneak mode, but before the arrow makes contact, you will get an extra 3X damage from your sneak attack.

You need not use the weapon at all, it just needs to be in your hand when the arrow makes contact.

Good for getting some extra health off those pesky high-level monsters with all those extra leveled hitpoints. wink.gif

By the way, Rosa, I had no trouble seeing what you were doing. I'm used to having my dungeons A LOT darker.

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: May 28 2011, 05:11 AM

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 29 2011, 06:11 AM
Post #72

Ancient
Group Icon

My heart was in my throat after she grabbed that welkynd stone! It releases the steps and the King Lich, lol. What a fight! I am always torn between wanting to kill everyone and get the loot and running out of there so the King will stalk me, lol. Great Vids !!

This post has been edited by mALX: May 29 2011, 06:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Jun 2 2011, 06:53 AM
Post #73

Mouth
Group Icon

Okay, this one simply cannot be passed up.

The mod is called Idle Dialogues, and its purpose is to restore a feature of Oblivion's that was left out of the final release for unknown reasons (seeing as Bethesda packaged all the needed voice files anyways). Basically, this mod allows for the NPCs of the game to mutter to themselves when they aren't really doing anything (like they used to in Morrowind).

Here's a few snippets:

Redguard: "I long for a Colovian Fur Helm."

Imperial: "So many things to do, so little time."

Imperial: "Brandy and Comberry Wine... heh, not a good combination."

Imperial: "I'm so hungry, I could eat a Bosmer!"

Breton: "Dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, everywhere dirt."

Altmer: "The indignity of it all."

(Note: OBSE required)

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Jun 2 2011, 11:40 AM

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 1 2011, 04:23 AM
Post #74

Ancient
Group Icon

It has been a long time. I have been playing a new character lately: Artemisia. Thanks to being the victim of magical experimentation, she has Khajiit eyes and the Khajiit night eye ability to go with them. Thanks to that she was exiled from Summerset as well. Her ship wrecked north of Anvil, and she was the sole survivor thanks to her birthsign. Born under the Undine, she can breathe underwater, and is healed by water and rain. After exploring the area around Anvil, she went to the Imperial City, where she tried to help some people out who were being harrassed by a corrupt Watchman. He tossed her in prison for her troubles, where she met the Emperor, saw him die, was given the Amulet of Kings, and escaped. After seeing the Watchman go to prison, and join the Thieves Guild, Artemisia decided to follow the Emperor's wishes, and has gone to Kvatch to find his long lost son. But strange things are afoot in Colovia...

Artemisia 01 - Kvatch Part 1

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 2 2011, 01:22 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Nov 1 2011, 04:35 AM
Post #75

Master
Group Icon

I haven't finished watching, but I literally facepalmed when I saw you spinning the camera around her. Why did it never even occur to me that there was a function like that? I should have been making big use of that! And now that I think of it, I think Acadian even mentioned it in his comments once. Missed opportunities.

At the end there I thought Artemisia was going to have to resort to using a melee weapon on those two atronachs. I never made much use of absorb health magic just because they take so much magic to use.

That atronach on the hill was so frustrating! Aravi used to be able to easily make shots like that, but then she spent so much time fighting in enclosed spaces that she can't shoot very far anymore with much accuracy.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Nov 1 2011, 04:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
liliandra nadiar
post Nov 1 2011, 05:25 AM
Post #76

Finder
Group Icon

You have a fondness for archers don't you? smile.gif Marksmen happens to be the area I need the most work on myself. Give me a sword or a staff any day.

Artemisia seems a tad anarchist, vengeful at the least. Makes me wonder why she even decided to do what the Emperor asked at all.

--------------------
"When in danger, or in doubt.
Run in Circles, scream and shout."
The Tides of Oblivion
Shot of the week:Hunter and Prey.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 2 2011, 01:13 AM
Post #77

Paladin
Group Icon

So, the Greek Diana with a voice like Viconia is laying siege to the Deadlands! wink.gif

She looks like a great no-melee mystic archer, specialized in conjuration. And really using that Dremora Conjuredude well with her bow. Blocking with bow, then casting a touch spell when cornered! Most excellent.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 2 2011, 01:42 AM
Post #78

Councilor
Group Icon

That was fun to watch. Great shooting across at that Flame Atronach, and it was inspiring how Artemisia stuck with her touch spells against the two in the tower. My Altmer archer/conjurer/supposedly destructionist still carries an axe for those situations. whistling.gif

I hope this is part one of many! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Nov 2 2011, 07:55 PM
Post #79

Ancient
Group Icon

King Coin: I do that 3rd person spin around all the time while playing the regular game. That way I can see behind or beside my character while I am going down the road. The only downside is that you can only move in a straight line when you do it while moving.

Artemisia is a no-melee character. I am trying out Absorb Health with her rather than destruction magic because I have never done the bow/absorb combo before. It is tough, because as you said, the magicka cost for the absorb is so high.

liliandra nadiar: To be honest, I like all the types. I have been playing melee and magician characters of late, so a bowgirl has been a refreshing change of pace. Artemisia is a bad girl, but has not always been so. Before she was kidnapped and mutated, she was a nice, law-abiding citizen of Summerset. Since then she's had to learn what life is like when you are not one of the beautiful people. She sees the Emp as her shot at getting back her legitimate life, of being respectable once more, rather than just some freak in the gutter. Still, she has trouble keeping her fingers from wandering into other people's pockets... wink.gif

Acadian: "I feel your eyes roving over me. Do you see something you desire?" wink.gif Viconia is one of my favorite sound sets. Although when the Innocent voice says: "Found a dark patch." I always want to giggle, as it brings up images of a naked brunette...

Artemisia is my first character to summon daedra. I am going to experiment with her to see what they are like. So far it is a lot more challenging than summoning animals, as the damn dremora always block my field of fire. I cannot count how many arrows I used to find my scamp.

Grits: I have not played an archer in a while, so I am a little rusty at some of these long range shots too.

Artemisia finishes the Kvatch Gate

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Nov 2 2011, 08:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 3 2011, 12:59 AM
Post #80

Paladin
Group Icon

I’m loving Viconia’s voice for Artemisia – it suits her perfectly. Heh, I know what you mean about Innocent's voice set; Buffy is always finding a dark patch.

How touching that she took a cue from Jerric and left Menien a dagger for, well, you know. sad.gif

She is quite the packrat when it comes to grabbing heavy loot! And it looks like she just upgraded bows perhaps? That looks like sort of a daylight shader on her natural nighteye ability? I’m fortunate that, when I rarely use nighteye, I like the blue. Ah, and I see she is using her repair hammer to check for enemies nearby. She is getting much better at using her big summon as a shield as well as sidestepping to enable her shots around him. Okay, from the sigil, we see that Artemisia is between level 9-12. Woohoo, then her rain regeneration kicks in at the very end to top off her red.

Whew, let me catch my breath. Closing an Oblivion Gate in under twenty minutes! Wham, bam, thank you ma’am. Artemisia needs to meet Nerussa and learn to slow down. You know, to smell the harrada and such. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

142 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:02 PM