Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 23 2019, 03:58 PM
Post #341

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 22 2019, 11:04 PM) *

Beware joining a trade guild. It’s basically a job. I think mALX is a member of a pretty laid back trade guild (Sneakybo) but don’t go long periods without selling or you will be booted. Voice of experience talking. Other trade guilds have weekly sales goals you must meet to avoid paying dues. I joined a Trade guild once that advertised on chat as a dues free guild that had a low minimum weekly sales requirement. About a month after I joined, they raised the sales requirement to something ridiculous and started charging dues to those who couldn’t meet the goal. I promptly quit.

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 23 2019, 01:17 AM) *

If someone puts items up on the Trader Shelves for you; you would have to pay them a cut because it costs the members of the Trade Guild's money (aka game gold) to post items for sale.

Zenimax pulls out a good sized chunk for themselves for Taxes; and they give a small percentage of what they take back to the Guild as Taxes. For every (approximate) 140,000 each member sells; the Guild gets about 5,000 gold in Taxes. But the Player who sold the items pays out about three times that in Taxes. (that is Zenimax taking its cut).

For the Player; the money is automatically paid for as you post the item for sale; so if later on you change your mind and pull the item down off the shelves = the Tax money is gone, you don't ever get it back even if the item doesn't sell or the Guild closes down and the item is mailed back to you - and if you don't have enough gold in your Character's inventory for the Taxes; you can't list that item; or you can lower the price to lower the Taxes charged.

It is very much like any store in real life; say you are selling Pepsi-Cola and you go to a store and hire them to sell your goods = you have to pay for the privilege of setting up a Pepsi stand in that store.

So the member has to pay to sell your stuff. If they sell their own; it is worth the cost because they make an income from it. If they sell yours; it takes up some of their (30) slots of sale space that they had to spend 10,00 a week plus Taxes to pay for; and they don't get the income from it. Not many would do that for you; you would be better off selling it to your mates you PvP with. (not the ones ganking you; laugh.gif )

But you had some completely and totally awesome health potions in there for combat that just floored me; they were the best I'd ever seen!

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 23 2019, 01:36 AM) *

Yeah; that wasn't arbitrary = they had to start charging minimums because Zenimax opened up bidding on Traders to 10 Traders per guild. It is running all the small Guilds out of business; they can't keep their Trader spots if they can't outbid these much larger Guilds.

Three of my Guilds shut down a couple weeks ago; one of them that had shut down is trying to open again.

Their minimum is 10,000 per week donation; which comes out to how much taxes they would collect for you selling just under 300,000 per week. (If you sell that much; you don't have to pay the donation; otherwise you have to supplement whatever your taxes were plus enough to bring it to 10,000)

The 10,000 dues is worth it to have access to earning 200,000 - 700,000 per week in sales. The Guild has to pay those Traders; and they are hugely expensive = so if someone isn't even posting items for sale; they will def be booted out. Even as an Officer, I couldn't save you on that.

But yeah; they ARE a Trade Guild; so you are most definitely expected to try to sell something (or why even join a Trade Guild?).

Anyway; right now all the Guilds out there are having to charge minimums; you won't find any that don't right now due to that new rule Zenimax put in almost right after you joined.

Yeah, that's going to be an emphatic NO from me, chiefs. Hard pass on joining a trade guild, then. I want to, you know, have fun playing the game and not make it feel like a chore. This is what I was afraid of being the case. Thank you to both of you for the information. I'd rather just ask someone here (if they didn't mind) putting stuff up from me for sale and taking a fair share for doing so, or seeing if I can just sell it on my own.

@mALX - I believe glyphs can also be made that improve alchemy, because I feel like I remember creating one. If that's the case and I can enchant some equipment with that, I could probably make even better potions.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Oct 23 2019, 04:00 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 23 2019, 04:44 PM
Post #342

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy's never belonged to a trader guild or sold things to anyone but normal NPC vendors and does fine. Her income is modest but steady from adventuring and exploring. The key for her is that her expenses are low. Her solid collection of motifs and recipes is mostly from adventuring, augmented by a few nice finds in the chorrol guild store. She owns about 6 undecorated free homes that she basically ignores and has bought three small homes which she has decorated mostly from items she has found or made. Once in a great while she has bought a few gold improvement platings for a specific project, but generally all her crafting needs are self-sufficient from her adventuring. Her biggest expenses are the occasional monster helm that she might buy from the Golden Vendor in Cyrodiil and helping the guild with attunable table procurement.

She feels similarly about writs and only does one or two a day to keep her provisioning (frost miriam) and jewelry (purple dust/plating) supplies up.

That all said, after three years of playing, she comfortably sits on over 4M gold so has the flexibility to occasionally splurge a bit then time to make it back up again.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 23 2019, 05:23 PM
Post #343

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 23 2019, 09:26 AM) *

Khajiit, another option is to find a social guild who has their own guild store (not trader). In that case you are only buying and selling with the 499 other guild members, but if you price things low they still sell. Way back in my PlayStation days I was in a guild like that. Other members bought things up to re-sell in their trade guilds.

I’ll look into that, but I wonder if I couldn’t just sell to Chorrolites who are in trading guilds? You get items to help meet your quotas, I get extra money. It’s a win/win, yes? I’ll even sell low to you guys so you can make bigger profits.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 23 2019, 06:47 PM
Post #344

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 23 2019, 12:23 PM) *

Khajiit, another option is to find a social guild who has their own guild store (not trader). In that case you are only buying and selling with the 499 other guild members, but if you price things low they still sell. Way back in my PlayStation days I was in a guild like that. Other members bought things up to re-sell in their trade guilds.

I’ll look into that, but I wonder if I couldn’t just sell to Chorrolites who are in trading guilds? You get items to help meet your quotas, I get extra money. It’s a win/win, yes? I’ll even sell low to you guys so you can make bigger profits.

The Chorrolites don't have a store - "For a guild's store to be unlocked and usable, it must have a minimum of 50 members." That means you can't buy/sell via the Guild Bank, only via mail, on a one-t-one basis. So we trade on the "it's free" basis of just dumping what we don't need in the Guild Bank - unless it's short of space. Then mALX takes it out and sells it to buy more tables. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 23 2019, 07:11 PM
Post #345

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 23 2019, 09:39 AM) *

At this point anything I say is just whining, so I’ll just say that I wish there was an option for people who only want to sell off some excess things occasionally. WoW had a public auction house which did the trick for this.

You can advertise what you want to sell in the Chat Box; I've seen a lot of people do that. You meet with the person and trade the money for the item. No Guild or Zenimax pulling Taxes out that way, either - just a lot more time consuming because you have to be accessible while selling the items. (the Guild Stores work 24 hours a day whether you are online or not; you come online and your sales are in the mail = you pay for the convenience and the ability to sell whether you are online or not).

You aren't whining at all. I totally understand your frustration/irritation at that happening; especially since you may not have known how Trade Guilds work. This was my very first MMO, I had no clue how they worked when I first joined either. I did well in one of those small Trade Guilds that doesn't boot for a long time; but that was long before Zenimax started trying to create tougher competition for the Trade Guilds. That Guild wasn't able to get or keep a Trader for over two years; and then went completely under over a year ago and no longer exists.

Three other Guilds I was in and loved went under about four years ago because they couldn't bring themselves to boot non-active members. Guilds have a limit of 500 members; so anyone not selling or donating is taking up a spot for someone that could be helping them. The cost of the Trader Locations is outrageously high every week; and the competition for those spots has always been tough; even before Zenimax pulled that crap this year.

When those Guilds went under; a big Guild absorbed one of them; so I stayed with him = he just went under three weeks ago. That (four years ago when that happened) is when I joined SneakyBo. They had a decent location; and for years they fought against booting any members or setting a minimum; which meant pulling money out of their own pockets to pay for the Trader every week until they were broke from it and about to go under. Only ten percent of their members were donating toward paying for their trader; most of the rest of the 500 members weren't even bothering stocking their store shelves or donating at all. They had to do something or they would have gone under. SneakySnake = (the founder of the Guild) was so upset that he quit the game. He said that was the one thing he had sworn to himself he would never do; (ask for a minimum and start booting). When it reached that point, he retired from the Guild and left Bo in charge (theBoDawg; the other founder of the Guild = they have been friends in real life for over 30 years).

My favorite two Trade Guilds just went belly up a few weeks ago; (Shatner and Akaviri Exchange) along with one of our really small "Sister" Guilds (Wings) because the competition is so ridiculous for Trader spots; the prices for them have gone through the roof - so yeah; they are all going to need help from all their members to even pay for a Trader Location at all now.

And even before Zenimax pulled that stunt = I've been booted out of other Guilds because my sales were too low and I was not donating enough to them; (and they weren't even polite enough to send warning letters out before booting me; which SneakyBo does at least give you a warning).

On top of that; no one was prepared or had any forewarning that right after you joined the Guild Zenimax was going to ramp up the competition and wipe out all the smaller Guilds. SneakyBo had to do whatever it took to survive the storm that has been going on ever since Zenimax pulled that crap.

I'm really sorry that happened to you; Khajiit. And you are right; it IS a business. It is like any other store in the real world; they have to pay for their "Store Front" (location) and they have to keep inventory on the shelves to sell or it will be all the money going out on expenses and nothing coming in to pay the bills with. The Guilds aren't greedy; they aren't making money in their own pockets for this; it is all going out to pay for the Traders; to pay for the Guild Halls; and to stock up items to sell in their Auctions (which all goes toward paying that Trader).

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 23 2019, 08:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 23 2019, 08:23 PM
Post #346

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Oct 23 2019, 01:47 PM) *

The Chorrolites don't have a store - "For a guild's store to be unlocked and usable, it must have a minimum of 50 members." That means you can't buy/sell via the Guild Bank, only via mail, on a one-t-one basis. So we trade on the "it's free" basis of just dumping what we don't need in the Guild Bank - unless it's short of space. Then mALX takes it out and sells it to buy more tables. biggrin.gif

(sells it to the Vendors; and puts the money from the sale into the Guild Bank for everyone to use if needed).

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 23 2019, 08:57 PM
Post #347

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Oct 22 2019, 02:18 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 22 2019, 11:58 AM) *

Other things that sell really well (that I don't do) are gold Glyphs (must be the "Truly Superb" ones to sell). Also; Potions and Purple foods for dungeon crawling like the ones Rader makes - he has one in there that I would love to know how he makes! He could sell that and make a fortune. Players that don't have a lot of time to game will buy what they need to get right into that dungeon and play; they don't want to spend their time crafting = a lot of people make money selling already made up stuff to them.

I've fortunately and surprisingly been finding quite a few gold glyphs (kuta) lately, but I want to use them for myself first.

As for potions and foods, which exact ones are you referring to? I could mess around with ingredients/reagents later to see how I made the stuff, and if I could really get a lot of gold for it then I will happily make more. Chorrolites is the only guild I am a part of, though, and I don't know how much I really want to join a trade guild. But I wouldn't mind creating some stuff for somebody else to sell on my behalf if that is okay with anyone here. I'll even let you take a little cut of the gold for doing that.

I'll find that "Adventurer's potion" you posted in Chorrolites if it is still there = it was a spectacular potion; and I've never seen anyone else make one as good. I know it would sell extremely well; and I would most def buy it. People normally buy in stacks of 50-100 on Potions; but a rare one like that you could probably sell in stacks of 25 and people would still buy it.

QUOTE(Grits @ Oct 23 2019, 10:26 AM) *

Ooh, this sounds great! I didn't know these Guilds existed; but actually = whenever my other Trade Guilds couldn't get a Trader; they did manage to still make some sales among the members; so it can work fairly well for a laid back seller like Khajiit is wanting! Awesome idea, Grits!!!

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Oct 23 2019, 10:58 AM) *

*snip*
Yeah, that's going to be an emphatic NO from me, chiefs. Hard pass on joining a trade guild, then. I want to, you know, have fun playing the game and not make it feel like a chore. This is what I was afraid of being the case. Thank you to both of you for the information. I'd rather just ask someone here (if they didn't mind) putting stuff up from me for sale and taking a fair share for doing so, or seeing if I can just sell it on my own.

@mALX - I believe glyphs can also be made that improve alchemy, because I feel like I remember creating one. If that's the case and I can enchant some equipment with that, I could probably make even better potions.

The "Alchemy" glyph doesn't improve your Alchemy skill in this game (like it did in Skyrim) = that glyph makes potions you drink last longer; (If I'm not mistaken).

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 23 2019, 09:01 PM
Post #348

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 23 2019, 03:57 PM) *

The "Alchemy" glyph doesn't improve your Alchemy skill in this game (like it did in Skyrim) = that glyph makes potions you drink last longer; (If I'm not mistaken).

Right - it benefits the player, but doesn't help anyone else. All the potions are the same strength, if they have the same name.

There are also passives to make more at one time, meaning you use less ingredients, but the results are the same strength, just more numerous. The Chef/Brewer ones for Provisioning are the same.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 23 2019, 09:05 PM
Post #349

Ancient
Group Icon

You know, if it isn't against the rules; we could start a thread on this site for anyone who wanted to sell something in game = like a "Trading Post" thread that was pinned to keep it on top = We could just list what we have for sale and the price we want to get from it. (and then we would contact you in game to buy it = first one to contact you with the funds buys it and all sales would be C.O.D. = that adds a fee to the sale but guarantees everyone gets paid).

That is a really good idea; Khajiit. If the Chorrol Site allows us to; then lets do it! Rader can post those Awesome "Adventurer's Potions" he makes!

What do you have you want to sell?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 23 2019, 09:55 PM
Post #350

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 23 2019, 03:05 PM) *

Well, when I was a member of the trading guilds, I seemed to do best with gold level improvement mats and what not. Also certain motifs that I have acquired might be worth something to someone.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 23 2019, 10:22 PM
Post #351

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 23 2019, 04:55 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 23 2019, 03:05 PM) *

Well, when I was a member of the trading guilds, I seemed to do best with gold level improvement mats and what not. Also certain motifs that I have acquired might be worth something to someone.

If Acadian clears it to do; lets start a "Trading Post" thread and whenever you get the motifs or gold mats; just post what you have and the price you want. If you are unsure about the price you should ask; try going to "Tamriel Trade Center" and look it up. That site gives the prices that item is averaging for at the Guild Stores; so it will give you a good reference point for what prices you might want to ask.

(and I'm always interested in Gold Mats; they are my highest selling items at the Guild Stores).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 23 2019, 10:47 PM
Post #352

Paladin
Group Icon

I think a Trading Post thread in this section of the forum would be a fine idea and help keep trading posts together. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 24 2019, 12:29 AM
Post #353

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 23 2019, 04:47 PM) *

I think a Trading Post thread in this section of the forum would be a fine idea and help keep trading posts together. smile.gif

Ok I’ll go ahead and make one if that’s ok.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 24 2019, 03:18 AM
Post #354

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 23 2019, 05:47 PM) *

Awesome!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 14 2019, 04:01 PM
Post #355

Councilor
Group Icon

Back to housing - Cat Man Dhou has fished up several furnishings on his tour around Tamriel,such as kelp, seashells, and coral, that only work at places that have a shore and some appropriate water. We have Hunding's Palatial Hall, so that has plenty of shoreline to accommodate them, but I'm starting to look for other options.

I have a few other places with water, but these are really beach items. E.g. the extreme case is Daggerfall Overlook, which has an exit to a rocky area surrounded by slaughterfish and nowhere to stand. Sleek Creek has a freshwater stream. Others have ponds. I don't have any crown-only places (or the Grand Psijic Villa) and those I've visited I recall as having docks, steps, etc. but no beach. Is Hunding's the only one, short of Grand Topal Island?

It looks like the only boats usable as furnishings are the Fishing Vessel from Master Angler, and the three Argonian ones in a crown store pack. Did I miss any small ones, like rowboats? And has anyone made a boat out of anything else that's convincing?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 14 2019, 07:45 PM
Post #356

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 14 2019, 09:01 AM) *

Back to housing - Cat Man Dhou has fished up several furnishings on his tour around Tamriel,such as kelp, seashells, and coral, that only work at places that have a shore and some appropriate water. We have Hunding's Palatial Hall, so that has plenty of shoreline to accommodate them, but I'm starting to look for other options.

I have a few other places with water, but these are really beach items. E.g. the extreme case is Daggerfall Overlook, which has an exit to a rocky area surrounded by slaughterfish and nowhere to stand. Sleek Creek has a freshwater stream. Others have ponds. I don't have any crown-only places (or the Grand Psijic Villa) and those I've visited I recall as having docks, steps, etc. but no beach. Is Hunding's the only one, short of Grand Topal Island?

It looks like the only boats usable as furnishings are the Fishing Vessel from Master Angler, and the three Argonian ones in a crown store pack. Did I miss any small ones, like rowboats? And has anyone made a boat out of anything else that's convincing?

I haven’t seen Topal but Hunding’s water area is very nice.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 15 2019, 12:47 AM
Post #357

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Nov 14 2019, 10:01 AM) *

Topal is perfect for that stuff; so is Hundings. The reason is that those pieces are from Oceans/salt water. The places with ponds or streams with waterfalls are all fresh water; so those items aren't really fitting for them.

That mansion Haute has in Hews Bane has only a tiny beach spot that you can get to off of it; but it is also Oceanfront property. Topal Bay is spectacular; I really wish I could have afforded it.

Here is another idea: Take a house like "Humblemud" and turn it into an aquarium = use blue glowy plants for lighting and hide a water sounding source like that Dwemer one under the house = fill the house with aquatic plants and rocks and have those food fish "swimming" around (and those baby swamp jelly things from Murkmire; baby Netches, etc). I plan to do it one day; just haven't gotten around to it yet.

(That way you can use those Ocean pieces indoors, lol).

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 15 2019, 12:48 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 20 2019, 10:32 PM
Post #358

Mouth
Group Icon

Cincy finally owns Sleek Creek House! It might be a while before I have enough furnishings to really make it pop, but we'll get there.

Also, sometime in the past few weeks we also finally made the Ebony Flask Inn room livable. It's a decent home away from home when I'm over there. If I get enough houses, I might roleplay that I have to get back to one of my homes before I log off if the opportunity is there.

Here is as close to an overview as I could get (I think I added a couple more smaller furnishings after this picture, but this is basically it)

Nap time

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 20 2019, 11:04 PM
Post #359

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 20 2019, 04:32 PM) *

Cincy finally owns Sleek Creek House! It might be a while before I have enough furnishings to really make it pop, but we'll get there.

Also, sometime in the past few weeks we also finally made the Ebony Flask Inn room livable. It's a decent home away from home when I'm over there. If I get enough houses, I might roleplay that I have to get back to one of my homes before I log off if the opportunity is there.

Here is as close to an overview as I could get (I think I added a couple more smaller furnishings after this picture, but this is basically it)

Nap time

Oh, great decorating!!! Congrats on Sleek Creek; it is one of my absolute favorite houses for its location; and is especially good if you have a character with a bounty, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 21 2019, 04:15 PM
Post #360

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 20 2019, 04:32 PM) *

I recall dumping a bunch of plans in the Guild Bank when TheCheshireKhajiit was looking for them, and some were multiple copies. There's probably still a few there. However, they were ones you're likely to have found for yourself. As always the purple plans are going to be hard to get, in places you don't usually go, or obtainable only by theft (picking pockets, robbing homes). I bought divider plans, and decided not to bother with the sofa.

--------------------
+Quote Post

21 Pages V « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:50 AM