Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Commonwealth Gallery!, A Fallout 4 screenshot thread
Acadian
post Aug 7 2017, 06:06 PM
Post #521

Paladin
Group Icon

Love Roxie's hair color! Is that natural? wink.gif

Wow, that is indeed quite the booby trap!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 7 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #522

Ancient
Group Icon

Victoria says she kind of likes Roxie's style! Should they ever meet in the Commonwealth they must team up! wink.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 7 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #523

Ancient
Group Icon

Another Up Vote from me on Roxie's hair!

Looks like someone was washing them bones...

Wow, watch where you step in that last pic!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 8 2017, 04:03 PM
Post #524

Master
Group Icon

Roxie appreciates the compliments on her hair. biggrin.gif It took a while to go through the 512 colors added by the mod.

Khajiit, I don't think the Wasteland could handle it! laugh.gif

Subby, I almost did trigger that! The trip wire was on the stairs and I barely noticed it in time. wacko.gif

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 9 2017, 10:48 PM
Post #525

Councilor
Group Icon

Nicely done, Cain. She really looks cool with those shades on, especially. Why is that one guy a cereal killer?

It always boggles me how some people go around saying Fallout 4 has shoddy graphics. I'm always blown away by what I see.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 10 2017, 09:28 AM
Post #526

Master
Group Icon

How nice that her hair color matches the HUD.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 10 2017, 01:25 PM
Post #527

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 9 2017, 05:48 PM) *

Nicely done, Cain. She really looks cool with those shades on, especially. Why is that one guy a cereal killer?

It always boggles me how some people go around saying Fallout 4 has shoddy graphics. I'm always blown away by what I see.

His name is Kellogg, and he's a bad bad man. wink.gif

Indeed! Granted, I have quite a few texture mods (and a mod that adds the green), but they are more for performance than looks.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Aug 10 2017, 04:28 AM) *

How nice that her hair color matches the HUD.

biggrin.gif I love changing the HUD color. It can help to set the tone of the character. (Sometimes I don't use it at all. I just haven't installed Immersive HUD on Roxie's NMM profile.)

--------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 10 2017, 05:26 PM
Post #528

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit always uses white on the hud and PipBoy. This one is a pragmatist; the white color seems to show up better and the white flashlight from the PipBoy is more illuminating. That's just Khajiit's opinion though.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Aug 10 2017, 06:41 PM
Post #529

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Aug 10 2017, 08:25 AM) *

Indeed! Granted, I have quite a few texture mods (and a mod that adds the green), but they are more for performance than looks.

Judging by the mod that are supposed to "improve" graphics on Skyrim, it's a question of low-contrast, unsaturated, realistic being rated below "everything cranked right up" like the average maladjusted TV.

We duzzen unerstand suttle!

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 10 2017, 10:20 PM
Post #530

Ancient
Group Icon

I am quite underwhelmed with the graphics in Fallout 4. The textures used for faces and bodies looks incredibly plastic and fake. Not just for humans, but for the creatures as well. My 20 year old Godzilla toy has better textures than the vanilla Deathclaws. I have to use a ton of texture replacers like Valkyr's for faces, bodies and creatures.

If this was a 15 year old game that would be acceptable. But not for one that came out just over a year ago. Especially not for one that claims to be a AAA title. If you compare it to other games like Witcher 3 the difference in quality is just startling. They spent so much time with things like godrays and depth of field effects (which mostly just make the game uglier) that they seemed to ignore the basics like creating decent normal maps for the people and monsters.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 10 2017, 10:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2017, 12:42 AM
Post #531

Ancient
Group Icon

Meh, Khajiit will never play a Witcher game, no matter how "pretty" they are. This one does not like the protagonist. Fallout4's story sucks but at least we get to decide what our characters look like, and for a Bethesda game, it is the best looking one so far, in Khajiit's opinion, of course. It's really just different strokes though, Khajiit runs no graphics mods other than the Bethesda HD Textures dlc, and this one is quite pleased with it.

Khajiit is very interested in Cyberpunk by the creators of Witcher though. It promises to deliver fully customizable male and female characters.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 11 2017, 12:45 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 11 2017, 12:58 AM
Post #532

Ancient
Group Icon

I thought we were discussing graphics? I am simply pointing out that Fallout 4's is seriously sub-par compared to the other games it is contemporary with. I would also say that its graphics are worse than those of Skyrim. Especially since the HDR effects cannot be disabled in F4, even with the console or mods. That makes everytime I have to look at a darker area extra annoying as I have to wait for the game to change the lighting level.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2017, 01:16 AM
Post #533

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 10 2017, 06:58 PM) *

I thought we were discussing graphics? I am simply pointing out that Fallout 4's is seriously sub-par compared to the other games it is contemporary with. I would also say that its graphics are worse than those of Skyrim. Especially since the HDR effects cannot be disabled in F4, even with the console or mods. That makes everytime I have to look at a darker area extra annoying as I have to wait for the game to change the lighting level.

Beth claims their games sacrifice on graphics because of all the other little stuff going on, such as all the individual moveable parts (clutter and what not). Khajiit doesn't have a source for this, it was mentioned by someone or other during the initial outrage over Fallout4's graphics being "not as good as Witcher's". Khajiit knows next to nothing about game development but it does seem plausible.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 11 2017, 01:17 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 11 2017, 01:47 AM
Post #534

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 10 2017, 08:16 PM) *

Beth claims their games sacrifice on graphics because of all the other little stuff going on, such as all the individual moveable parts (clutter and what not). Khajiit doesn't have a source for this, it was mentioned by someone or other during the initial outrage over Fallout4's graphics being "not as good as Witcher's". Khajiit knows next to nothing about game development but it does seem plausible.

That just sounds like a cheap excuse to me. Writing a good story and creating decent-looking normal maps are not mutually exclusive. Likewise creating a world is not exclusive to either of those two things. The fact is Bethesda has always been bad at the simple nuts and bolts of making a game engine, creating animations, etc... TBH, the only thing they have ever done well is creating open worlds.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 11 2017, 01:48 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2017, 01:58 AM
Post #535

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 10 2017, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 10 2017, 08:16 PM) *

That just sounds like a cheap excuse to me. Writing a good story and creating decent-looking normal maps are not mutually exclusive. Likewise creating a world is not exclusive to either of those two things.

*Shrugs* Khajiit does not develop games so he doesn't know. This one would say he agrees with you but he really doesn't know just how much of a strain all of those moving parts has on performance and how that effects the graphics. And since we don't really have anything to compare it to, who's to say they are wrong? Are there any other open world games where you can go around pick up nearly everything that isn't bolted down? Seems like a little thing but Khajiit misses it when he's playing games like Mass Effect, Elderscrolls Online, Dishonored, probably Witcher too (if Khajiit could get around playing as perpetually glum guy).

Writing is a different story entirely. Beth arguably hasn't put out a well written game since Morrowind.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 11 2017, 02:01 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 11 2017, 02:20 AM
Post #536

Master
Group Icon

The dynamic world is indeed what brings down Fallouts graphics compared to the Witcher. I had read somewhere a while back that the Witcher 3 iniatally was going to have a dynamic world like Fallout, but it was just too much with the level of detail in their graphics.

I don't think machines are powerful enough for the masses to provide both aspects, so one has to be sacrificed for the other. I think if games weren't so console driven anymore, we could have games that are as interactive as Bethesda likes, with the quality of graphics that CDPR provided.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2017, 02:33 AM
Post #537

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cain @ Aug 10 2017, 08:20 PM) *

The dynamic world is indeed what brings down Fallouts graphics compared to the Witcher. I had read somewhere a while back that the Witcher 3 iniatally was going to have a dynamic world like Fallout, but it was just too much with the level of detail in their graphics.

I don't think machines are powerful enough for the masses to provide both aspects, so one has to be sacrificed for the other. I think if games weren't so console driven anymore, we could have games that are as interactive as Bethesda likes, with the quality of graphics that CDPR provided.

Well, in any case, Khajiit is really hoping that Cyberpunk will continue everything good that this one has heard about Witcher (story, graphics) and improves upon it by giving us complete freedom to play whatever character we want.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 11 2017, 02:41 AM
Post #538

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 10 2017, 08:58 PM) *

*Shrugs* Khajiit does not develop games so he doesn't know. This one would say he agrees with you but he really doesn't know just how much of a strain all of those moving parts has on performance and how that effects the graphics. And since we don't really have anything to compare it to, who's to say they are wrong? Are there any other open world games where you can go around pick up nearly everything that isn't bolted down? Seems like a little thing but Khajiit misses it when he's playing games like Mass Effect, Elderscrolls Online, Dishonored, probably Witcher too (if Khajiit could get around playing as perpetually glum guy).

What I am saying is that making a decent .dds file is does not make it impossible to pick up a jug and move it around. In every game the modding community has picked up Bethesda's slack by creating texture files that are not only higher quality but are also better optimized so they have a lower performance impact is proof of this. You can make .dds files better. People not being paid by Bethesda have done it for decades. If Bethesda had bothered to hire artists with more talent these games could have shipped with far greater quality. Just like if Bethesda had bothered to hire coders with more skill their games would run far smoother. For that matter, their games would work with G-Sync and Freesync. Instead their games actually break if you go over 60 fps.

QUOTE(Cain @ Aug 10 2017, 09:20 PM) *

What you are probably thinking of is distant objects, and the issue with showing everything that might be visible when you are looking at a wide expanse of area. Bethesda does tackle this well, by swapping out lower resolution meshes and textures for things in the distance. But even here modders have put Bethesda to shame with homemade LODs.

But that is not what I am referring to. I am talking about the things you see when you are in just a single, small cell. Like the appearance of a person's skin. Their eyes. Or the lighting in the room. You can make skin that does not look like a plastic doll's. Again, the modding community has done it. Bethesda just cannot be bothered to try. These are the people who put a row of square blocks on everyone's face in Skyrim, and splotches over everyone's faces in Oblivion (not to mention green Redguards).

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Aug 11 2017, 02:44 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2017, 03:04 AM
Post #539

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Aug 10 2017, 08:41 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Aug 10 2017, 08:58 PM) *

What I am saying is that making a decent .dds file is does not make it impossible to pick up a jug and move it around. In every game the modding community has picked up Bethesda's slack by creating texture files that are not only higher quality but are also better optimized so they have a lower performance impact is proof of this. You can make .dds files better. People not being paid by Bethesda have done it for decades. If Bethesda had bothered to hire artists with more talent these games could have shipped with far greater quality. Just like if Bethesda had bothered to hire coders with more skill their games would run far smoother. For that matter, their games would work with G-Sync and Freesync. Instead their games actually break if you go over 60 fps.

Ah, ok, Khajiit understands what you are saying. (Finally laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 11 2017, 03:05 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Kane
post Aug 11 2017, 12:52 PM
Post #540

Master
Group Icon

Redguard understands, too. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

79 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:43 PM