Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

145 Pages V « < 111 112 113 114 115 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mojave Meanderings and Wasteland Wanderings, The Fallout "Where are you now" thread
mirocu
post Jul 8 2017, 03:53 PM
Post #2241

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Another n00b toon with whom to phwn has entered the Capital Wasteland!

-Capital! IPB Image

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 8 2017, 04:53 PM
Post #2242

Ancient
Group Icon

Janet Talia is from West Vagina? Who would have guessed! laugh.gif

So Tenpenny Tower was not the land of milk and honey it was promised. But at least Janet can be a spy for Talon Company.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 9 2017, 02:55 AM
Post #2243

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, West Varginia, ah shucks.

She did manage to make it to Fort Bannister. That was really tough. She pretty much had to sneak the entire way. She saw a really huge monster (a yao guai) but it was in the distance. Most of the enemies she fought were rabid dogs and rad-scorps. There were several raiders too, of course. Worst one had a flamethrower on his back! ohmy.gif

When she got to Bannister and met her brother I decided to quit gaming for the day. Learned to make an NPC vendor, so Bannister has somebody to buy and sell from. I also learned how to make an NPC follower, complete with all the typical commands (Follow, Wait, Share, You're Fired!, etc.) so she'll have someone to travel with.

She'll be headed to Megaton, where she is to look for a Talon Company defector. This guy ran away from Fort Bannister, stealing an important tactical book in the process. Janet's first task is to find this guy, and take this book back, killing the guy if necessary, though I think I added some Speech checks to make things interesting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 13 2017, 06:34 PM
Post #2244

Master
Group Icon

Did you tweak her appearance a little? In the pic in her pilot episode she seems different than in the screenshot thread, she seems prettier with fuller lips. Or maybe it's because the pic is taken with a light source directly in front of it.

Sounds like another interesting Fallout quest is ahead of us / Janet.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 14 2017, 01:26 AM
Post #2245

Councilor
Group Icon

Lopov: Yes I did change her appearance. In fact, the actor in that pic up above is not the same as the one who you see in later pics. It's because I made some sort of mistake in her game, and had to start all over again.

I like the second Janet anyways. The second gal looks more shrewd and conning.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 16 2017, 04:10 PM
Post #2246

Councilor
Group Icon

Late Summer, Year 2277

IPB Image

"Eh, can I bum a smoke?"

"No. What is this? Get yer own!"

"But then I gotta go all the way back down into the compound. C'mon, just one. I'll get you two when our shift ends."

Begrudgingly, the Talon Company sniper handed over one of his Luckies, and the second sniper began to smoke.

"Anything goin' out here?"

"Hell no. Another quiet day. Seems like everyone's been keeping to himself as of late. No raiders, no Brotherhood. My gun's gettin' kinda rusty."

"What about that lone wanderer guy?"

"Oh yeah. One of our patrols spotted him, out near Jury Station. Asian kid, from Vault 101. Kid's pretty slick though. Got away from us despite some heavy fire, we couldn't take him down. I think he took down one of ours, though."

"[censored]."

The snipers halted their discussion, and began doing their job: scanning the horizon for anybody foolish enough to come near Fort Bannister. But there was just nobody out there. Nothing to do. It looked like a minor dust storm was happening in the south. That was all.

"Hey, you check out that dame's been staying here lately?" asked the sniper who'd bummed a cigarette from his pal.

"The blonde?"

"Oh yeah. That blonde. She's hot!"

"Yeah? Well don't get your panties all twisted. That's Jonny Talia's sister."

"So?"

"So she's off-limits, buster. Unless you want a busted nose and a week in lockup."

"Well I don't care. She's hot! Just wait till I turn on the old Durst-meister charm a-ha-ha-ha! ... What's she doin' here anyway?"

"Jonny invited her here from whatever vault they both came from, some vault in West Virginia. She may look like a flooz, but apparently she's got some brains in that pretty head. She can get into places, gather intelligence, hunt down wanted assholes. Stuff like that."

"Heh, that's hot!"

In the distance, the dust storm (or whatever it was) seemed to be getting closer. The two men continued their conversation.

"She can shoot, too. Well, that's no real surprise, coming from West Virginia, for a gal to be able to shoot. But apparently she's pretty good. Refuses to use auto-loaders. She's more of a covert sniper, I suppose. Like you or me, except she can actually sneak around and stuff."

"Man, that sounds hot. I bet she's like a doorknob, we all can get a turn."

"Yeah, well that's not all. Get this. Supposedly, she came here to Maryland on a motorcycle."

"A motorcycle?"

"Yep, just like some of the trash you see out there in the Wasteland. Rumor is she somehow fixed one of them up herself. Rode it all the way to Tenpenny Tower from her vault West Virginia. Then it broke down, or something. So she had to walk the rest of the way here."

"That's... that's really hot!"

"You don't listen, man. She's Jonny's sister. You can't go messin' around with the sarge's sister. But that's okay. You're still clueless about the way things are around here. Jonny will-- uh...Jonny will...."

"What the [censored] is that? Is that a Vertibird?"

From the distance, the dust storm grew and grew, and an incredible roaring noise was coming toward them from the south.

"Is that was I think it is?"

"Heh, it's her! Look at that!"

"Now that's hot!"

The second man finally agreed with his cigarette-mooching workmate.

(see pics thread)

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 16 2017, 04:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 16 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #2247

Master
Group Icon

It's not a storm, it's not a vertibird, it's Janet on a motorcycle!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 23 2017, 10:59 AM
Post #2248

Master
Group Icon

Of guns and bullets

Ozzy liked what every raider did – drugs, sex & killing. What set him apart from other raiders was that Ozzy knew how to read and he also liked reading. His favorite magazine was Guns and bullets because particularly from these magazines Ozzy learned to handle his Chinese pistol and also learned that before the bombs fell and destroyed most of the living world, there was some sort of movement called “the police” which was responsible for hunting down criminals. Fortunately they were gone when the bombs fell.

At least that’s what Ozzy thought until his last day of life in October 2277 when the police came for him. Ozzy couldn’t believe his own bloodshot eyes – the man that shot his buddy Buddy looked just like a policeman from Guns and bullets except that he was a ghoul. Ozzy didn’t know whether he’s hallucinating because of too much jet but he sure killed Buddy, so Ozzy quickly grabbed his Chinese pistol and rapidly shot at the policeman.

Though he staggered, two well-aimed hits from Barlow’s modified police pistol were enough to bring Ozzy down. As he lay dead, PP picked up Guns and bullets magazine next to Ozzy’s corpse. It was his favorite magazine from before the war and right from this particular magazine PP Barlow learned to better handle his pistol and got inspired to hunt down criminals.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 23 2017, 04:14 PM
Post #2249

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha! "some sort of movement called 'the police'". laugh.gif

At least that’s what Ozzy thought until his last day of life in October 2277 when the police came for him.

laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif Oh my gosh that is hilarious! Poor Ozzy!

Well it's too bad Ozzy was hostile toward the police; he could have shared his magazine with PP.

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 23 2017, 04:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 23 2017, 05:04 PM
Post #2250

Ancient
Group Icon

The Police are the boogeymen of the Raiders! They probably tell campfire tales of how The Police show up in the middle of the night to kill Raiders. Just like Barlow did!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 23 2017, 06:38 PM
Post #2251

Paladin
Group Icon

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you? Bad Boyz, Bad Boyz.

Can't get that theme song from Cops out of my head now. PP you rock! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 24 2017, 12:02 PM
Post #2252

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 23 2017, 07:38 PM) *

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you? Bad Boyz, Bad Boyz.

I know what my character would do biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Nothing new to report from my end; business as usual. 500.000 caps saved up with an additional 10 grand on my character's person. And I agree with Renee; it does sound strange... tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 26 2017, 03:12 PM
Post #2253

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Had an extra session today.

Ran around the northern parts with Gunny and after the usual over-encumberance hit me I decided to walk south towards Tenpenny. On the way however we came across the Mills and instead of walking to Tenpenny we sold some stuff to Jack whom we had not seen for quite awhile.

After that we ventured to Megaton (picking up Dogmeat by Vault 101 in the process) and offloaded some trinkets worth saving. Dogmeat btw is now guarding The Brass Lantern with Jenny instead of staying all alone by 101's entrance smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 26 2017, 08:20 PM
Post #2254

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 26 2017, 09:12 AM) *

Had an extra session today.

Ran around the northern parts with Gunny and after the usual over-encumberance hit me I decided to walk south towards Tenpenny. On the way however we came across the Mills and instead of walking to Tenpenny we sold some stuff to Jack whom we had not seen for quite awhile.

After that we ventured to Megaton (picking up Dogmeat by Vault 101 in the process) and offloaded some trinkets worth saving. Dogmeat btw is now guarding The Brass Lantern with Jenny instead of staying all alone by 101's entrance smile.gif

"Good boy Dogmeat!"

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 1 2017, 11:00 PM
Post #2255

Councilor
Group Icon

This story is told from the perspective of an NPC I made.

09:04:2277

Bea Faroni, Fort Bannister's sole merchant, loved her job. She loved being the one in charge of supplies, here in the main Talon Company conglomerate. None of this 'love' ever showed upon her face though, which remained sour and pale during all her days.

But ... poring over inventory sheets? Having almost full access the the entire Fort Bannister computer database? Never having to worry about dealing with mole rats? Or raiders? Or ... worse? There you go. Every large organization needed a good unit supplier, even covertly-plotting institutions of evil like Talon Company. Yep. Bea liked it down here just fine, where it was dark, cool, and orderly. Surrounded by dim lights, toggle switches, and men who gave her respect.

But things began to change toward the end of the summer. Some of the men were leaving Bannister, and not coming back. Commander Jabsco became crabbier than ever; his plot to take over the entire Capitol Wasteland was moving too slowly. And an annoying floozie of a female had shown up out of nowhere. Loud, brash, and way too talkative, this woman completely contrasted the regimented, military-like world of the Talon Company. She seemed totally contrary to the entire idea of Fort Bannister's soldiers, and to what being an outlaw militant was all about.

But .... because she was Sargent Jonny Talia's sister, and also rumored to be actually good with a gun, owned a Pip Boy 3000, and was good with sneaking around and just plain surviving, Janet Talia had been hired by Jabsco, sight unseen. It's just ... how did she ever manage to get anything done? Anything requiring stealth-type missions, which her brother had begun to regularly send her on? Way too loud, brash, and talkative, and uh ... matter of fact, the floozie-dame was coming down the steps into Bea's work area now...

"Hey girl, what's up?!? Whatcha been doin'? I made you a present! Wanna guess what it is?"

"Um, what is it?" Bea was not the most imaginative person in the world, and did not want to delegate even a single brain cell toward trying to make any sort of guess. Plus, just hearing the floozie's voice was giving her a small headache.

"Tah dah!!!"

"Um, what is it?"

"It's a stogie holder! You put it on your desk and it holds your stogies!"

Bea did not respond, but she did crack a hint of a smile. Already, she could just imagine Janet Talia's 'present' heaped amongst lots of random garbage, ready for burning.

"Check these out!" Janet announced, making Bea Faroni flinch. "Look at all these clothes!"

Bea struggled to keep her face straight while Janet hauled a bag down from the upper stairway. She already knew what Janet had found.

"Check out all these hot clothes woo!"

"Yes, I see."

But Bea Faroni did not see. No, she was actually about to see what she'd never imagined she'd ever see, especially down here.

Janet had found the "slut locker," Or maybe one of the guys (or Jonny) had told her about it. Earlier that summer, a group of traveling floozies had been touring across the Wasteland. Dancing girls, basically. Jabsco had heard about the troupe (which would be flying to Rivet City, and then Megaton) and had hired these girls too. The men needed some entertainment, after all. These girls had certainly put on a show, and the 500 caps Jabsco had given them was well-spent. But ...

... they had left behind an entire bag of clothes. Sexy underwear and showy dresses, mostly. All of these clothes had been packed away in one of Bannister's many lockers. Apparently Janet had discovered them. And before Beatrice knew it, the 'floozie' had completely disrobed, shocking Bannister's unit supplier. At any point, any of the men could come down those steps. Which would lead to that man calling all the others over. Pandemonium would ensue. Order would vanish.

"Look at this! Wanna try some on?" Janet called over, cracking a beer.

"Uh."

Before Bea Farnoni knew what she was in for, she was getting quite a show of her own.

Pictures thread goes with story from this point!

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 2 2017, 03:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 4 2017, 05:24 PM
Post #2256

Master
Group Icon

The slut locker! laugh.gif rollinglaugh.gif What a great background for those clothes to end up in Fort Bannister.

I seem to be learning new words from this story - stogies, floozies and of course Bea Faroni. biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 4 2017, 06:49 PM
Post #2257

Paladin
Group Icon

How fun to get an NPCs perspective on Janet! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Aug 7 2017, 05:14 PM
Post #2258

Master
Group Icon

Big Man in Big Town

If he weren’t a ghoul, girls from Big Town would gladly kiss PP Barlow on his cheek for saving the town from Super Mutants. Not only he rescued Red and Shorty from the mutant-infested police station, he also taught Big Townies how to aim, shoot & reload and in the final act he helped them repel a horde of attacking Super Mutants.

PP Barlow was the hero of the day and while he was happy to help, the ghoul couldn’t understand why everyone was making such a champion of him – he merely did what was expected of him. At 241 years of age, many of his colleagues would probably think of retirement but PP Barlow not even once thought about putting his gun down and folding his uniform before placing it on a special place in some damp dresser. No, no, as long as there were Super Mutants, raiders and other offenders roaming the Capital Wasteland, for as long he’d protect the country.

After staying in Big Town for another day to make sure that its young residents were capable of defending themselves, he headed southeast, in the direction of the DC, hoping to find some functional police station among the ruins of the town he had last visited 237 years ago.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 9 2017, 11:04 PM
Post #2259

Councilor
Group Icon

laugh.gif laugh.gif Sorry. I just laugh when I read the "241 years of age part," I don't even know why. It's like he's going around saying "why don't they get it?" Yeah, I'd say he's long due for retirement! biggrin.gif Pretty cool how he stayed around for awhile, teaching them how to protect themselves. Kind of ironic, too.

Seriously though, I think PP did a great job at saving those folks. All of mine have sucked at the Big Town quest so far.

Acadian: Oh yes, some character stories almost seem to shine brighter when viewed from the perspective of others. The story below is told from one of her followers' perspectives.

Lopov: Floozy and stogie (also dame) are all words which fit the lore of the game, too. These words aren't really part of modern society anymore. sad.gif I only notice them in old black 'n' white movies, which is when Fallout's retro atmosphere is supposed to be based from, right?

IPB Image

Late summer, 2277

From Floozie to Foot-soldier

Benjamin David Banano (who preferred 'Ben', and further preferred to shorten his middle name to just "D"), jumped at the chance to be the one who would accompany Janet Talia, Fort Bannister's newest Talon Company recruit, across the Capital Wasteland. They'd be going to Megaton, a place Ben hadn't been in over a year. Talon Company soldiers were not welcome in that town; Ben and Janet would normally be shot on sight, matter of fact. But Sargent Jonny had made sure they'd be going there 'undercover,' and had fussed over lots of details to make sure everything would go smoothly. A covert mission, if you will.

Somewhere in or around Megaton, Janet and Ben D. Banano would be trying to locate a man who'd defected from Talon Company several weeks before. This man had defected, and had also had stolen a very valuable technical manual; one which contained several experimental weapon ideas, outlined and tested in top-secret by Talon Company. Confidential sources put the man in Megaton for sure, although he was also staying somewhere outside of town.

After leaving Bannister though, Ben began to doubt his decision. Why had he decided to accompany this tramp? It had been a rash decision. Maybe because she was so different from all the others? Maybe because she already had over a dozen rumors associated with her? And Ben wanted to be the first to prove them right or wrong? He had jumped at the chance to travel with Janet (who was one of the hottest females he'd ever met). And now he'd begun to doubt this decision.

As they walked, Janet switched something on her arm-device, and music began blaring from it, Ben D. Banano flinched. Playing any sort of radio station was a direct breach of TCR 35-aC1 (Talon Company Regulation 35-aC1). This regulation dictated that "No Talon Company militant, soldier, or regulatory enforcement employee can partake in the distractive virtues of playing, operating, or even fiddling with any sort of wireless, transmittive device while on duty." So basically, no GNR, and not even the more conservative Enclave station, nor any other non-information-gathering radio devices could be used. Not while on patrol, or assignment.

The punishment for breaking this rule wasn't very harsh, maybe a day or two of swabbing out toilets, but rules were rules.

"Say, what's that music you're playing?"

"It's Garbage!"

"Well yeah, it sounds like garbage to me, but what was that band's name?"

"Oh my god, Garbage IS their name, or at least it was. They're from, like, a zillion years ago. WE had all kinds of music stored away in our vault in West Virginia. Check out this song, it's called Stupid Girl.

Ben D. Banano bit his tongue at the irony. "Well, for your information, blaring music like that, or any kind of music at all, is a direct violation of TCR 35 dash aC1?"

Janet giggled, rolled her eyes. "What you gonna do? You gonna tell on me? You gonna tell my big brother? Ooooh, I'm so scared," she said, and cheekly-winked.

Ben reacted as though slapped. "But it's a direct violation, that I am witness to! Didn't you read the Talon Company Militant Directive?"

"Huh? ... The what?"

"[censored]."

There were other things Ben suddenly noticed. Not only was his new partner blaring music, but she was smoking, and drinking a beer...Three infractions right there, no doubt, and he was witness to it all. He regretted his decision to come along. "Why did I accept this mission?" he asked himself aloud. "'Cause she's cute? Because I haven't gotten any since I joined up? Well, cute and getting some won't save me when some [censored] deathclaw alerts to us, and then tears our [censored] heads off,. Seriously, I could be--"

Siddenly Janet Talia shushed him. Thrust her arm over and pushed him down, and then crouched down herself. Snapped off the music. Dropped her beer and snuffed out her smoke. After these actions she did not move for over a minute. Just crouched there, looking off across the Wasteland, sniffing the air like a wolf. The transformation from floozie to foot-solider had taken place in an instant, and was so complete. Some of it made sense now, all the rumors he'd heard, about Janet being some sort of whiz at survivalism. It was if he was standing next to a completely different person all the sudden. Her behavior was also in direct contrast to what Talon Company was all about. "Talon Company!" they'd all been taught to scream, firing their guns in an effort at intimidation. Noise! ... Domination! .... Not sneaking around and blending in with surroundings.

She moved over a couple meters to her left, nudging Ben to follow. She then plastered herself silently against an outcrop of rocks, listening, and smelling the air. Indeed, with her dark clothing, she might appear as nothing more than a bump on a boulder, for all any distant enemy could tell. The only giveaway at this point might be her blonde hair.

"What? What is it?"

Janet did not answer. She merely moved her arm-device over so he could see. Her Pip-Brother, or whatever it was called. Its screen was showing multiple red dots, moving around this way and that.

'The [censored] are those red dots?"

Janet Telia didn't answer. But she did ready her rifle. Cocked and aimed it toward some unseen enemies. Ben D. Banano began to wonder if Janet could shoot as well as she smiled.

This post has been edited by Renee: Aug 9 2017, 11:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 10 2017, 12:04 AM
Post #2260

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Aug 9 2017, 05:04 PM) *
*snip*

Lock and load, Janet! Sounds like Ben is about to get more than he bargained for! Khajiit suspects they'll be ok though. Janet sounds like she knows how to handle herself.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post

145 Pages V « < 111 112 113 114 115 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:02 PM