Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lissa in Skyrim, A Roleplayers Diary
Rihanae
post Aug 19 2015, 08:59 PM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Welcome one and all, and you over there, to this, my role-play tracker-keeper, journal, diary type thing.

I have decided to do a hardcore role-play with Lissa (Not DiD though... I'm a bit too cowardly for that!) and I am using this thread to keep track of my progress, and share my progress with you guys. I am aware I have a story thread in Fan-fiction but this is different. This is less storytelling and more 'Lissa did this and Lissa did that'. Her journey will be told in my voice (though I'm sure occasionally her voice will slip in!)

I will post updates frequently, possibly each time i play the role-play. I will include information such asfood eaten, hours slept, mods added and things like that.

These are mods I have installed to assist my role-play experience (I will find and add links later).

Requiem: This is basically a role-play overhaul mod. It adds various things to make a game more friendly and diverse for a roleplayer, such as non-leveled enemies, realistic item weight, complex spells etc. There's literally dozens of changes, so check it out!

RND (Realistic needs and diseases): Basically a hunger, thirst, sleep and disease mod.

Frostfall: Makes cold weather more affecting... no more hide armour in a blizzard!
I have added a bunch of minor touch mods such as realistic NPC mods and such, but those above are the main ones.

My screenshots will will posted how they are taken. I won't be spending all my screenie time time using the console to remove menus and use tfc as i feel it will break immersion, although i will try to impliment these when i can. Quick snaps will do for me! Also my system ATM isn't very high resoloution so my snaps wont be the best.

Now, a few tid bits about Lissa before I get started.

First, a Screenie

She is 23 years old, a Redguard and she is a Palatriss (Her own devised name for Paladin + Archress), specializing in Archery, Two handed (warhammers are her preference) and restoration. She only wears light armor, which is where the restoration comes in handy and she usually fight head on and suffers quite the beating!

You'll notice Lissa's entries are quite packed. She has never been one to sit around and do nothing. The only downtime she usually has is sleeping! She will spend most of her free days wandering around the wilderness, finding things to sell, keep or kill (I.E. Bandits). However, she is never usually one to dive head first into a dungeon alone. She always feels much more confident with a companion when it comes to dungeon diving.

She tends to eat on the go as, despite how confident she may be, she finds it incredibly awkward to sit and eat in an inn. Also she is a vegetarian, purely for the reason that she doesn't like the texture of meat. It makes her feel incredibly nauseous.

... that is all i'm willing to share for now! I am currently finishing up her first update... so watch this space! And I hope you guys stay and watch her progress for a long time smile.gif This is gonna be fun, y'all.

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Aug 19 2015, 09:04 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 19 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #2

Paladin
Group Icon

Wonderful to hear that Lissa is still happy in Skyrim. Her picture looks stunning! I love her hair and eyes! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Aug 19 2015, 09:52 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 19 2015, 09:50 PM) *

Wonderful to hear that Lissa is still happy in Skyrim. Her picture looks stunning! I love her hair and eyes! goodjob.gif

Thank you! We have been playing around with a few mods recently. We've pretty much gotten through a lot of the main vanilla quest lines and we feel ready to play the game 'for real'. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 20 2015, 10:07 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rihanae @ Aug 19 2015, 03:59 PM) *

... so watch this space!

I certainly will. smile.gif I love getting deeply immersed into someone's gameworld, and then also writing something about it here at Chorrol; it somehow enhances the RP experience for sure. I probably won't be getting into Skyrim until October-ish, when leaves start to fall in my state.

I like some of the mods you're using. I found Frostfall way too harsh; even on its easiest setting, so I notched it down to what seems acceptable to me. It's great though, once it's been adjusted to taste (and thank goodness it can be!). RND is also wonderful.

I also had one vegetarian up there, her name was Crystal Beth. It's tough to get used to the carnivorous diet going on up north, but Lissa'll get used to it I think l

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Aug 23 2015, 02:41 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Renee: HIIEEE!!! I look forward to your comments (and perhaps advice) and I really hope you enjoy the thread smile.gif I am having a blast with my roleplay!

After a test play through I decided to remove Requiem from my game as, I won't lie, it was WAY too difficult to play. It had unleveled enemies which just did not suit my play style. I replaced it with SkyRe which, although still challenging, created a much more enjoyable play style for me.

Now, I tried several of the Live Another Life options to get a feel for which one would suit my roleplay and Lissa's story most. And below is it.

I will update my roleplay in chunks, rather than individual days. If there is any other information you are interested to see, please let me know smile.gif

Finally there are no screenshots in the opening sequence as I simply got too immersed and forgot! Haha.

In this game Lissa was traveled through a magical portal into the unknown, which landed her in Skyrim 200 years into the future. A thief had come into her house late at night and stole her precious guardian stone necklace. Lissa gave chase to the thief, who escaped into said portal. Lissa feels she was being lured to this portal for some reason, but all she knew was that she needed her necklace back, so she jumped into the portal.

ENTRY #1 - Sundas, 8:13 AM, 17th of Last Seed

Lissa woke up in a dark, dreary, death scented prison cell. The atmosphere was daunting, like she felt she was being watched.

Wait what? Prison... AGAIN! Ugh... I should really stop being so impulsive jumping into things... didn't learn anything after the whole painted world fiasco?

Lissa noticed how dark the area is, and bit her lip. She couldn't see much of anything. She knew a few light source spells which she attempted to cast but, for some reason, they wouldn't work here. She couldn't even feel the magicka flow through her body as she chanted the words. It's almost like the spell didn't exist anymore.

She paced about for a short while, thinking about what to do, when the answer soon slapped her on the face. Near the cell door she noticed three lockpicks.

She chuckled to herself for not noticing them before. I'm so silly sometimes. Oh my...

She grabbed them and jogged to the door and ducked by the lock. She pushed her long, thick, orange hair over one shoulder and attempted to pick the lock. After two failed attempts resulting in broken lockpicks, Lissa began to worry. If she failed this attempt she would be stuck in this cell. She wished she had a knife on her to break the lock*, a skill she learnt when she realized how awful she was at lockpicking.

One final attempt, with a shaky and a lot of lip sweat later... Lissa heard the click she craved, telling her she had unlocked the door.

"YES!" She bellows, followed by a jig like dance in celebration. She then stopped, realizing this was only the beginning.

She took a deep breath and slowly traversed up the stairs to be greeted by a well lit hallway, surrounded with individual cells. She saw a small table with a torch, a key and some gold coins. She took them all. She held the torch and lit it against one of the wall torches. At least now she could see in this dark hovel. She continued onward.

"I have you now!"

Suddenly a ghost was running toward her. Lissa was completely blindsided, and lightly panicked. She had no weapons to defend herself with.

She put up her free fist and hit the ghost, which was odd to her as she didn't imaging ghosts to be solid. She managed to evade and counter several of the ghosts attacks, before one final punch to the throat made the ghost evaporate into nothing. Did I win?... I guess so.

She continued through the prison, seeing several more ghosts in cages begging to be let out, which, again, made no sense to her.

She also found a few skeletons wielding weapons, but as they were swords, she did not take them**. She would rather fight unarmed than use a blade.

She travelled to a large room with many wardrobes and tables stacked around the walls. She assume this room to be some sort of prisoner item withholding station place. Rummaging through the wardrobes she found herself lots of goodies such as leather gauntlets and boots, a dress, which she equipped as the prison potato sack look wasn't doing her any favours, and a mace, which made her smile. Finally, a weapon I can bash with. She sighed, wondering what else the prison would have in store for her.

----------------------------

* In my game, and in Oblivion, If Lissa is holding a dagger in her inventory then she can open any lock, using console commands. A little bit cheaty, but I find lockpicking frustrating and I think it's pretty viable.

** Lissa never fights with bladed weapons after witnessing her Dad be stabbed to death with a sword. She doesn't ever want to feel the sensation of slicing a blade through flesh.

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Feb 23 2016, 12:19 AM
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 23 2015, 06:39 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

Whoa. Holy [censored] I'm speechless!

Hold on. I have to go shopping (school's starting soon), then I will read it again, that was fun to read.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 23 2015, 08:08 PM
Post #7

Paladin
Group Icon

I really like your thinking and logic on how Lissa got to Skyrim. And I'm glad that mod helps support it. Despite traveling a big chunk of time and space, Lissa's personality shines through in this scene. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 24 2015, 11:11 AM
Post #8

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Wow, Skyrim-Lissa is even more of a cutie wink.gif

Hope sheŽll have fun in the land of da Nords! laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 25 2015, 03:17 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

I like the fact that all her 3rd-era magic doesn't work anymore. Nice detail.

QUOTE(Rihanae @ Aug 23 2015, 09:41 AM) *

* In my game, and in Oblivion, If Lissa is holding a dagger in her inventory then she can open any lock, using console commands. A little bit cheaty, but I find lockpicking frustrating and I think it's pretty viable.

There is also a lock-breaking mod out there, I forget its name. But if you choose, you can find this mod. It allows you to use weapons to bash locks open, and it even includes a really loud CRUNCH noise if you're successful.

.. or you can use the console, that works too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Feb 5 2016, 11:27 PM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

I am back on SKYRIM! Taking a break from Fallout 4 for a while. I'm also playing ESO, but I plan on getting at least an hours Skyrim time every couple of days, so I will be updating this! Starting my Roleplay from scratch, but I will not be changing the first update smile.gif

Will be doing the latest update tomorrow smile.gif
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 6 2016, 02:36 AM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rihanae @ Feb 5 2016, 05:27 PM) *

Will be doing the latest update tomorrow smile.gif

Sweet!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Feb 22 2016, 10:57 PM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

ENTRY #2 - Sundas, 8:25 AM, 17th of Last Seed

Before progressing, Lissa couldn't help but shake the feeling that she has missed something back in the cell block, so she went back to the prison cell room where she began. With the master key in hand she unlocked the cells, there were six in total, three on each opposite ends of the wall. There was literally nothing of use in four of them. The odd skeleton and rotted bedroll, but nothing she could use.

In the fifth cell she searched, however, she found a ghost, this time non-hostile. he was sat on a chair in the corner of the room, dressed in full dwarven gear.

She attempted to spark conversation with him, hopefully info on a way out of the prison, but he was insistent on giving her his entire back story instead. She stopped listening after a while. Who knew one could sleep with their eyes open WHILST standing upright.

"Seems like you're the only guy here who isn't hellbent on killing me." She said when he gave her a chance to interject.

"I do not seek violence. This prison is my limbo. I accepted my eternity here."

"What do you mean?" Lissa stated. "Surely you can just leave."

"I am trapped here." The ghost told her. "Ever since Fjona rejected me as her guardian."

Fjona? Who on Nirn is that? see THIS is why I should pay attention.

Lissa raised an eyebrow, "but... you're a ghost."

"I am."

"... and you're not corporeal? Can't you just walk through the bars?"

The ghost did not respond.

Lissa sighed, "Alrighty then. Have fun in there." She said, before moving on to the next cell.

The next cell she had more success. There was a large whole in the wall at the back of it, which led to another caved in section of the prison. Nothing of worth in there, but she did find a few health potions and some food.

Happy that she'd found all she could find, Lissa travelled back to the room where she found her armour and continued through the prison. The architecture wasn't hugely exciting, but she did manage to find a weapons room with a bow and small quiver of arrows, which made her smile from ear to ear. She kept her mace by her side, but knew that the bow would be her main source of defence.

Continuing through, she found herself in a large, circular hall consisting of a boot destroying flood, and a rather foreboding spiral staircase. Judging by the place in the room that was flooded, and she could see the source of the flooding was some loose bricks in the walls, she deduced that the prison she was in was next to, or in, a bed of water. This made her nervous.

Never the less she travelled up the spiral staircase, coming across a single door.

"...I wonder where this will take me." She said. "Maybe more ghosts that need busting."

She opened the door. not met with darkness but blinding sunlight.

*This seems short, but the prison area is disappointingly small. There wasn't much going on or to explore. It was pretty easy getting out.

This post has been edited by Rihanae: Feb 23 2016, 12:22 AM
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 23 2016, 07:19 PM
Post #13

Paladin
Group Icon

A chatty ghost! tongue.gif So Lissa’s managed to scrounge some useful gear and find her way out of this very damp prison.

"...I wonder where this will take me." She said. "Maybe more ghosts that need busting." - - laugh.gif

Ahhh, daylight and sunshine at last!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 23 2016, 11:22 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

Cool, this is awesome Rihanae!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:19 PM